Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
futture
11 Sep 15 13:29
| Topic/replies: 9 | Blogger: futture's blog
I have had my matchbook account closed in very strange conditions. They just didn't give me any solid reason to do that. They just froze my account saying that they couldn't check my address in some database they were working with. They didn't mind if I could send them all my utility bills, rental contract or whatever. They didn't say which database was that. Really suspicious.

In the beginning they didn't want to transfer my money back, and they said I should wait until they changed their address verification procedures??!!? At some point I was not even able to log in, and when I told them I would take the case to the courts they finally did a transfer and at least I got my funds back.

Customer service was absolutely disastrous all the time.

Has anyone else had his account closed as well?
Pause Switch to Standard View is matchbook closing accounts?
Show More
Report JML September 11, 2015 1:20 PM BST
Was it a winning account by any chance?
Report siwaadupa September 11, 2015 10:11 PM BST
Im +5000 there. Enjoying it.
Report manonion February 19, 2020 6:24 PM GMT
Terrible site and very dodgy i can reset my phone and still be logged in, so it overrides apple privacy.
They shut tfft
theyve closed down
Report FatPunt April 19, 2020 4:18 PM BST
Whats happening with them? When can we use them again? Won't let me upload money to my account.
Report PeteTheBloke April 19, 2020 8:48 PM BST
https://www.racingpost.com/news/gambling-commission-temporarily-suspend-lice...
Report mrcombustible April 19, 2020 8:58 PM BST
I doubt they will get their licence back
Report FatPunt April 20, 2020 12:24 PM BST
That leaves just Smarkets and **** then?
Report PeteTheBloke April 21, 2020 8:18 PM BST
The fact that Smarkets doesn't become ***** on here tells you all you need to know about them
Report longbridge May 27, 2020 10:53 AM BST
@mrcombustible

"I doubt they will get their licence back" - why's that then?

I can't see that they don't get their licence back - the GC will have given them a list of Anti Money Laundering and Responsible Gambling failings.  They come back with a list of changes they have made to address those failings, point out their Cheif Exec has left the business and that should be that?

https://www.racingpost.com/news/matchbook-owner-fined-740000-by-gambling-commission-over-serious-failings/431182
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com