Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
siwaadupa
10 Apr 14 15:25
| Topic/replies: 766 | Blogger: siwaadupa's blog
The revolution has ended @betfair since we have become casual public company. We need to send greetings to Wrey and Black for their revolutioning view,but they didnt have power to run it by their own though, and we are casuals again.
Pause Switch to Standard View Gambling website where you can invest...
Show More
Report PittsburghPhil April 10, 2014 5:45 PM BST
Sounds like fun. A licence to print bitcoins.

Do you get to ban winners as well ... or impose a premium charge Excited
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 10, 2014 5:58 PM BST
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hilarious.  Made my day.

This will end in many tears.

At 4 minutes the site admits that the house has the edge.

The rhetoric gets funnier and funnier from 4 minutes on.  Well worth the watch.

The risks in the last 30 seconds are priceless, citing George Bush as one of the problems or "if the people running the site take off with all the money"

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report xnada April 11, 2014 12:08 AM BST
@PittsburghPhil, nah the site does not even know who anyone is its all anonymous and someone can make new multiple accounts any time :)

@SHAPESHIFTER, House edge is explained at 1:30 and its not an admission. House edge is 1%. Lower than any other gambling site I have seen including betfair (2.5%). The vid is not from the "the site" as in just dice is from me, glad to entertain anyway hahaha
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 11, 2014 11:18 AM BST
Commission is, if I remember 10% on withdrawals (so if you lose money, you still pay a commission for the pleasure)

Um, okay....house 1%

So you need to make 11% to make 1% profit.

Cool
Report xnada April 12, 2014 6:47 AM BST
^That is completely wrong. Check the invest tab on just dice if you want to understand it.
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 12, 2014 10:27 AM BST
No need to understand.  Still, last three minutes of the video is comedy gold.
Report xnada April 12, 2014 10:30 AM BST
"No need to understand"

I get the impression that is how you go through life in general.
Report xnada April 12, 2014 10:34 AM BST
Not sure if it is just me but when I view this thread my OP has disappeared.

Here is the link we are discussing.

http://bitcoin-betting-guide.com/just-dice-a-gambling-investment-revolution/
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 12, 2014 12:09 PM BST
ah, znada, first impressions.

That would be like me saying your only interests are random number generators and spamming (the reason betfair removed the link).

Let me explain further so that it will help you form an impression of me:

- Just Dice is what it says on the tin.  A random gambling site that, in my view, is worse than an FOBT because it is accessable 24 hours a day, rain or shine, drunk or sober. 

- I have, however, been following the bitcoin story since it first hovered over the horizon at around $20.00.  Infact, in the beginning, I discussed farming them with connections in the States including my brother who works in tech in San Francisco and has been featured in Wired Magazine.  They continue to pan-handle today, a coin here, a coin there but it is getting crowded for their simple set-up in their office that cost nothing to set up.  Thus, the reason I checked out the video.

- I enjoy sports, researching events, taking a position or trading.  I learn from my losses and profit from my gains.  Thus, an FOBT is miles from my interest.

So, as one who invests in sports (see, using the word 'invest' makes it sound less like gambling Wink just like the video!), random generator sites don't interest me, the same as I enjoy Thai food but pass on Chinese.

The same as when someone offers me a phone deal and it will save me money.  I'm happy with my world so "no need to understand further" when they suggest I visit the site.

But, heck, I'll play and show some more interest Happy

The some facts about the web-site that you are putting up for discussion (see, it is in my nature to assume that is why you are doing this rather than simply 'spamming' a random number generator site):

a) it registered itself through www.namecheap.com
b) is based out of Panama
c) unlike, say, betfair, the owners of the site are hiding behind whoisguard, an internet privacy wall.

So rather than asking people simply to play, they are encouraging them to 'invest' or put bitcoins into their wallet with no way of finding them if their business closes.

So, putting the random aspect aside, a simple question:

Would you deposit money and/or bitcoins into a site that could disappear overnight?

Personally, I have no interest in understanding the potential profit of such a scheme.

Best of luck (and, yes, it is all about luck)
Report Darlo Bantam April 12, 2014 12:33 PM BST

Apr 12, 2014 -- 4:34AM, xnada wrote:

Not sure if it is just me but when I view this thread my OP has disappeared. Here is the link we are discussing.http://bitcoin-betting-guide.com/just-dice-a-gambling-investment-revolution/

Ah. Been like a cryptic discussion until then.

Report U.A. April 12, 2014 1:30 PM BST
Not really. The only thing xnada ever talks about is either bitcoin or bitcoin orientated gambling websites.

This means 1 of 2 things. Either that's all he thinks about/is interested in or he ramping these sites for his own personal gain.

Either way I find him rather tedious and I hope for 2 things.

1) He stops banging on about bitcoin and how these crappy bitcoin websites are going to revolutionise betting.
2) He goes away.
Report iprefertolay April 12, 2014 4:24 PM BST
shapeshifter as always talks alot of sense,im your biggest fan.
Report rcing April 12, 2014 4:28 PM BST
shapeshifter , that's all well and good , but one thing i can't get my head around with your 12.09 post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what's wrong with chinese food ?

Crazy
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 12, 2014 6:00 PM BST
The last time I had chinese was in the last millenium!  I was in Toronto and convinced the future Mrs Shapeshifter and a friend of mine to have it for a change.

It was hilarious.  The menu, the same as it was.  The mysterious glowing sauce on the chicken balls.  The house wine was around $4 a litre.  There were arguments in the kitchen a la Fawlty Towers. 

And the only other people in the restaurant... a group of teenagers for someone's 16th birthday.
Report viva el presidente! April 13, 2014 3:43 PM BST
xnada on here ramping his little monopoly money ponzi scheme again, is he?

BAN THIS TOOL NOW!
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 13, 2014 5:24 PM BST
Actually, let him post (you can block him out if you don't want to read when he posts).

Personally feel that when someone puts up a post where the risks are obvious and someone can point out that, for example, the site is in Panama behind an anonymous group of users, more people will be aware to avoid such a site or atleast go in knowing that 'odds' are they will wake up one day and find the site has gone.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com