Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dave b
19 Feb 14 19:09
| Topic/replies: 147 | Blogger: dave b's blog
Is there such a thing where you can input your relevant details from the PC portal, add your current commission, etc, and then enter amounts for winning and losing markets for a week to see how much PC needs paying in said week?
Pause Switch to Standard View PC Calculator
Show More
Report bingo bongo February 19, 2014 7:37 PM GMT
Don't think so, bf were bring this feature to the myaccount section about 3 years ago. If your okay at excel you can make your own.
Report Eddie the eagle February 20, 2014 7:28 AM GMT
dave b, if you have all them details, you should be able to figure it out in less than a minute yourself, using a calculator.
Report mcfc1981 February 20, 2014 4:44 PM GMT
if u count ur betfair points it gives u a general idea
Report loper February 20, 2014 5:22 PM GMT
I suggested that the statement facility should include a Premium Charge only option just as there is a data charges only option.

It seems to have fallen on stoney ground.

Basically, Betfair want the Premium Charge to appear both exotic in its complications and as low profile as possible in order not to show new customers that if you dare to win you are treated no better by Betfair than you are by any other bookmaker.
Report dave b February 20, 2014 11:05 PM GMT
Always thought it would be too complicated to work it out properly. I'll have another look at PC 'rules' and get cracking on Excel. I thought it might be useful to simulate different strategies, such as churning, to help reduce PC. Or is that avoidance?
Report DStyle February 21, 2014 1:48 AM GMT
I've written a program if you want it

It doesn't work for partially settled markets, but otherwise it's fine. (it calculates PC based on your account statement for the week)

it is straight forward enough to do with a calculator if your commission rate is static during a week, but a royal pain if it's not.
Report dave b February 21, 2014 6:44 PM GMT
That's very decent of you DStyle, thanks. Should I message you?
Report henke February 22, 2014 3:48 PM GMT
i am a 40% PC but have not paid it for a while
in the portal i am currently on 41.09%
as a rough guide would it be 1.09% of my gross P&l i can win with no losses before i am back in it ?
Report Eddie the eagle February 22, 2014 6:49 PM GMT
No, it will be that 1.09 % multiplied with 10/4 which gives you 2.725 %.
   And this is without commisssion, so without any losing markets, you can win slightly more than 2.725 % of your gross P&L before PC kicks in again.
Report Hound-Dog-2 February 22, 2014 9:13 PM GMT
"...... in order not to show new customers that if you dare to win you are treated no better by Betfair than you are by any other bookmaker."

totally agree and how different to the ethos of betfair in the early days.
Report Cosmic Horizon February 22, 2014 9:41 PM GMT
I'm on 20.1%   Think I might soon be paying premium charge!
Report henke February 23, 2014 3:49 PM GMT
thanks eddie
a bit more than i thought then before the axe falls
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com