Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr.Angry
31 Aug 13 19:55
| Topic/replies: 4,564 | Blogger: Mr.Angry's blog
8 seconds on the football markets is good.
Stops the hooverers.
Stops the £5 tick traders.
Perfect for football bettors.
Pause Switch to Standard View 8 seconds on the football markets is...
Show More
Report sheppy123 September 1, 2013 6:32 PM BST
Phew! Call me braindead but you've completely lost me here!

Hope you're not gonna get too angry at me! (Great name! I should change mine to Mr. Frustrated!)
Report sheppy123 September 1, 2013 6:35 PM BST
Hold on! I've just had a brainwave! I bet it's the bloody countdown when you bet live!

All that wagging it at school has done me no favours!
Report CONER September 3, 2013 9:43 PM BST
UNREAL--ANYONE THAT THINKS 8 SECS IS BETTER THAN 5 IS ---A a novice --b just thick c--- a very bad player.Betfair are more than capable of suspending all markets with a 5 sec delay.
8 secs makes it a chore instead of a pleasure.
Report viva el presidente! September 4, 2013 2:17 AM BST
yeah, there's nothing more moreish than putting an order in, watching it tick down to 1 second, then having the YTS boy working the suspend twitch and put you through the whole process again.

that is pretty much the definition of relaxing, recreational gambling, imo.
Report ShirleyKnot September 4, 2013 8:03 AM BST

Sep 3, 2013 -- 10:43PM, CONER wrote:

UNREAL--ANYONE THAT THINKS 8 SECS IS BETTER THAN 5 IS ---A a novice --b just thick c--- a very bad player.Betfair are more than capable of suspending all markets with a 5 sec delay.8 secs makes it a chore instead of a pleasure.

What if the pictures are 6 seconds behind the action CONER, is a 5 second delay still preferable?

Report CONER September 4, 2013 9:54 AM BST
What if the pictures are 6 seconds behind the action CONER, is a 5 second delay still preferable?
              Thats the  best reply ever.Do you really think betfair watch,or get the same info as you.
Report Mr.Angry September 4, 2013 8:57 PM BST
I make money on 8 seconds.  Why can't you?
Report Darlo Bantam September 5, 2013 12:47 PM BST
Eight seconds is pretty pathetic. Even if you're in the ground and live, you can be betting on Team A while they're on the attack; then they lose the ball and concede while your eight-second timer is dropping. God knows how bad it is for punters on massively delayed streams.
Report viva el presidente! September 5, 2013 8:40 PM BST
so do I. doesn't mean I like it though.
Report Coachbuster September 5, 2013 9:19 PM BST
8 seconds too short

should be 10 seconds at least Devil

cheats should be locked up with no parole and forced to listen to Celine Dion at full volume

Understood Coner Cool
Report CONER September 5, 2013 9:57 PM BST
I UNDERSTAND COACHY.
                       You must be one of those that likes to clock watch,or perhaps your just a bit backwards.But do not worry you should get better when you have a few years experience.
Report FINE AS FROG HAIR September 5, 2013 10:10 PM BST
This thread probably provides a classic illustration of why the exchange model of betting is not for the masses.
Do you really think that the average punter wants either to be concerned by or even to understand the whole suspend process.
That type of subject is only for relative experts running in play betting strategies requiring concentrated attention to the progress of the game and the accompanying odds fluctuations.
Far too intense and bothersome for the casual, recreational punter.
Unfortunately it seems that the exchange has in fact evolved into quite a complex, bot dominated betting platform.
Therein perhaps lies the basic reason why it has peaked at the current level of users.
The amateurs have left and a limited number of pros and semi pros are left battling it out, and there are not a lot of new potential pros to attract into the fray.
BF probably sees this and is reacting accordingly.
Report sheppy123 September 5, 2013 10:35 PM BST
Here's one for you...

If somebody said "Here's some software that you can use to cancel the delay..."

I wonder how many people would say "No, it's not fair on others..."
Report Coachbuster September 5, 2013 11:31 PM BST
Most would say it's not fair on here because most folk hate cheating by any means necessary .... likewise,i'm sure if they  found a  wallet in the street with an address they  would trace the owner  and hope that person appreciated it's return .
Report CONER September 6, 2013 12:50 AM BST
Well i would.
And if i could not find the owner i would make sure it got a good home.
ie-- old age pen---kiddies charirty .
Report FINE AS FROG HAIR September 6, 2013 1:01 AM BST
All just confirms my basic suspicions, that all gamblers are at heart kind, gentle souls, with the well being of others paramount to them.
Not a greedy, selfish soul among them, and anybody who exhibits these characteristics in the slightest, would be driven off the exchange in an instant.
All good stuff.
Report Mr.Angry September 6, 2013 5:57 PM BST
If somebody said "Here's some software that you can use to cancel the delay..."

I wonder how many people would say "No, it's not fair on others..."

Which is exactly why there is a delay.  Open wallets used to be found all over the Betfair football markets, especially Spanish games.  No longer.

Ho hum.  I guess the free money is over for some people, and now they are kicking and screaming.
Laugh
Report Coachbuster September 6, 2013 9:32 PM BST
Coner - Contempt of court ! 

your punishment awaits you  Devil
Report TheInvestor2 September 7, 2013 10:11 AM BST
Stops the £5 tick traders.

Why?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539