Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ewood
28 Aug 13 09:15
| Topic/replies: 799 | Blogger: ewood's blog
Have noticed this week that below my account username at the top of the page are 5 other usernames listed and only one of which has anything to do with me! The other 4 are similar names but not ones I've ever used so who do they belong to and why are they there? Anyone else got anything similar when they look at their portal?
Pause Switch to Standard View Premium Charge Portal Issue
Show More
Report maas August 28, 2013 9:38 AM BST
Yes i have my other accounts shown. The accounts listed will all be contributing towards the totals.
Report CONER August 28, 2013 10:33 AM BST
The betfair tax men has sussed you.
And they think they are god
They only have to think the accounts are connected and you PAY.
Report bingo bongo August 28, 2013 11:58 AM BST
Had the exact same thing this week. Betfair said it was something to do with blue square accounts and wrong phone numbers.
Not really sure how either of these could lead to similar usernames to mine being linked unless a bf error but they said it should be okay next week.
Report Mr Magoo August 28, 2013 12:30 PM BST
Mine now has an extra username appearing from the BlueSquare->Betfair takeover. That account was supposed to have been closed by Betfair months ago, so why does it show up?
Report JPL66 August 28, 2013 12:41 PM BST
I noticed this too - my account seems to have been linked to three others, none of which are anything to do with me or anyone I know.  One looks to be some chap with the same surname; no idea about the other two.  I've emailed Betfair and am awaiting a reply - the whole idea that they're linking my account to random strangers (and sharing their user ids with me), presumably on the say-so of some computer algorithm, is ridiculous.
Report YOMOMMA August 28, 2013 4:45 PM BST
Trying to link accounts even if they have nothing to do with each other. Stupid people.
Report YOMOMMA August 28, 2013 4:51 PM BST
What's to stop anyone trying to guess passwords and hack accounts now. I'm taking my money out.
Report Ghetto Joe August 28, 2013 5:46 PM BST
Just logged in and I have an additional 29 accounts listed alongside mine. Has anyone rang Betfair? Bit of a **** up by them as usual , I now have 29 potential accounts I could try to hack
Report JML August 28, 2013 6:26 PM BST
If they improve your PC position,let them add as many as they like.
Report ewood August 28, 2013 7:18 PM BST
Thanks for the replies. The Blue Square accounts could well explain what they are as I did have a few with them many years ago. Had considered these were accounts that Betfair were assuming that I had something to do with and were pooling them together for pc purposes but when I do my own calculations for what pc i'ii be paying on a Wednesday, its always correct so have had no reason to think any other accounts were being used to skew what I would pay.
Report JPL66 August 28, 2013 7:45 PM BST
Got a reply from Betfair as follows:

We had a problem with closed blue square accounts being linked to accounts with similar surnames, due to a recent data release.

We have removed these accounts and this will be correctly reflected in your portal and PC statements next week.

The account found in your portal was a closed account and will not affect your current week /long term betting records in any way.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

So hopefully when the portal updates next week they'll be gone?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com