Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angry Monkey
11 Jul 13 21:04
| Topic/replies: 1,910 | Blogger: Angry Monkey's blog
Have you met with them? Are they any use? etc
Pause Switch to Standard View Who has a Betfair Account Manager?
Show More
Report undern July 11, 2013 10:18 PM BST
I do and she keeps trying to call me for a chat Crazy
Report mardock July 11, 2013 11:14 PM BST
I had but I fired her. In my opinion she was compeletly useless for me. Now I contact basic support but theese idiots forward my messages to "VIP support" and this vip support is a group of brainless beeings who have not a piece of knowledge and they reply ususally after 2 - 5 days because they need to contact with other department to find answer and usually answer begins with:

"We can't", "We apologise", "It's not possible"

The worst company support I've ever seen = betfair VIP support and menagers.
Report YOMOMMA July 11, 2013 11:26 PM BST
we can't, we apologise, it's not possible + unfortunately.

anytime i have to contact them the reply always without fail starts with unfortunately.
Report viva el presidente! July 11, 2013 11:32 PM BST
mardock's first ever post in 5 years.

they've clearly made an impression!
Report sweetchildofmine July 12, 2013 1:54 AM BST
wish the bitch would quit calling me tbh
Report C.F.KANE July 13, 2013 11:36 AM BST
SCOM in thinly veiled attempt at playing the billy big balls ffs Cry
Report TheInvestor2 July 13, 2013 12:06 PM BST
I meet face to face with the account manager every now and then (I'm based in London).
It's very useful for me.

The VIP/Premium team is also clearly better than regular customer service, with a better understanding of how the exchange works, so they understand problems highlighted, and will ask  the relevant person in charge if they don't know the answer, rather than providing you with a stock answer or made up response.

Sadly customer service couldn't accommodate my request for Over/under Markets 15.5 to 20.5 goals on Spain v Tahiti though, that would have been awesome! Laugh They said it was due to some technical issue that made it difficult, but then did add (only) 15.5 if I remember correctly, as well as Correct Score 3!
Report sweetchildofmine July 13, 2013 2:58 PM BST
C.F.KANE
C.F.KANE 13 Jul 13 11:36 Joined: 30 Oct 10 | Topic/replies: 1,288 | Blogger: C.F.KANE's blog
SCOM in thinly veiled attempt at playing the billy big balls ffs Cry

whoooooooooooooooooooosh
Report Angry Monkey July 13, 2013 9:54 PM BST
My friend was asked to meet his for a meal at Manchester (which is a fair distance away). There were no discussions proposed and no queries had been submitted so we were wondering what might transpire?

Is this just the manager trying to get a free meal and trip to Manchester out of his employer then?

Alternatively, what useful questions/discussions could be ask if none were prominent in his mind at the time?

P.S. Out of interest, what sort of liquidity levels might you have to put through the system to warrant their VIP services?
Report Mr Magoo July 14, 2013 4:43 PM BST
I think someone on Betfair's horse racing radio once said that accounts with a 48% discount rate or more were given an account manager.
Report sweetchildofmine July 14, 2013 5:06 PM BST
i thought it was only those paying highest level pc?
Report mardock July 14, 2013 8:48 PM BST
I also think that managers are dedicated for higher PC payers. Betfair try to make illusion that money stolen from PC are not fully wasted so they are sending messages like this:

"My name is ... ... and I work for Betfair Key Accounts - an exclusive, invitation-only service for our most important clients and I am delighted to announce that I will be looking after your account going forward"

Now after months, when I read it again it makes laugh how stupid I were to believe in any word from this message.

I also don't agree with TheInvestro2 about VIP support. In fact I contacted this support about 5 - 10 times and they never knew the answer. Every time they had to contact with other team to find the right answer. One time they even didn't try to answer at all and after 10 days I had to send reminder.

I really can't find any situation where managers could be usefull. I contacted my manager with really simple issue, what in fact doesn't costs betfair anything. No time, no money, nothing - but it was already to much for them and they decided to not help me.
Report the big bossman July 14, 2013 10:45 PM BST
if you pay around 3.5 in commission you get to be a  vip 
the thing is once you come a vip and you win you get teated like *****.
but if you lose you get treat like kings
betfair think winners steal all the money
losers make them money
when i was  losing i got everything a wanted like a p/l for the year
now i winning i ask for a p/l they don't answer me so i email them again  and again then they phone me saying why i keep emailng them find out want you want by looking  on my p/l on my pc i say want for the year they get p off why i keep emailing them #
i ask them say i want these 7 things like this years p/l last months p/l they answer 1 or 2 if i am lucky.
Report the big bossman July 14, 2013 10:53 PM BST
there's a lot now i am paying 40% tax geting teated like **** i said what to i get for paying 40% they said hardly anything they say people like me bet at  at low low odds for small profit day in day out makeing  a good living for hardy any risk like beeting 2.5k at 1.04 on say man u 3 up v a **** team but i said if you look at my betting i do no bet like that say say so what they say if you want to bet here you have to pay
Report Ghetto Joe July 14, 2013 11:45 PM BST
Have you been out in the sun for a little too long today, the big bossman?
Report TheInvestor2 July 15, 2013 9:59 AM BST
the big bossman 14 Jul 13 22:53 Joined: 05 Dec 08 | Topic/replies: 379 | Blogger: the big bossman's blog
there's a lot now i am paying 40% tax geting teated like **** i said what to i get for paying 40% they said hardly anything they say people like me bet at  at low low odds for small profit day in day out makeing  a good living for hardy any risk like beeting 2.5k at 1.04 on say man u 3 up v a **** team but i said if you look at my betting i do no bet like that say say so what they say if you want to bet here you have to pay
Rate reply:

Did they really say that? Implying that if you back good teams when they are winning 3-0, you end up paying PC, 'making a good living for hardly any risk'. What about when the bet loses, do they martingale to keep making money? Plain
Report sweetchildofmine July 15, 2013 10:28 AM BST
wow give me some of that 1.04 about manu leading 3-0 against a sh#t team
Report ER WHAT HAPPENED THERE July 15, 2013 12:31 PM BST
Been Key account for about 7 years.

Met my account manager numerous times. VIP support in my experience are very good.

If you reach 2.5% then thats when you get an Account Manager
Report Templeton Peck July 15, 2013 4:46 PM BST
I got mine as I complained to someone that I was paying 20% pc (and on the verge of becoming a 50% victim) yet didn't receive any preferential treatment.  So they gave me an account manager.

I tend to use @betfairhelpdesk when I have any issues, but have found the VIP service to be fine.  I've been invited to go meet with them but never taken them up on the offer.
Report Mr.Angry July 15, 2013 5:40 PM BST
My account manager offered me various sporting tickets.  What was the point?  I was too busy betting to attend any events.
Sad
Report viva el presidente! July 15, 2013 6:54 PM BST
Laugh Mr A

the only thing I've ever been offered was tickets to Prizefighter - the Heavyweights. appreciated the offer, but couldn't go because I was going to be making a book on Prizefighter - the Heavyweights.

that was when I hit the giddy heights of 3%. back slumming it with the 4%ers now Cry
Report the big bossman July 15, 2013 10:27 PM BST
they say to much people now bet at low low odds for a small profit each time at hardly any risk  day in day out  its not fair for rest
Report Angry Monkey July 17, 2013 6:39 PM BST
I wonder if being worthy of an account manager gives you the chance to have a banned forum account reinstated?

Some seem less vulnerable than others with regards to still being here!
Report Angry Monkey July 17, 2013 6:42 PM BST
Although, you would imagine that the people making money on here, or with money to burn on here, are less likely to be the immature trolls causing trouble and won't need to be banned in the first place...
Report CJ70 July 19, 2013 12:46 AM BST
I would have thought 90% of the people banned from the forum don't bet in the first place.
Report Angry Monkey July 19, 2013 2:30 PM BST
CJ, I would say it was 50/50 between those who don't bet and those who bet their 10 quid, blow it in two bets and then have to wait another fortnight for more pocket money.
Report viva el presidente! July 19, 2013 7:49 PM BST
I would say it was 50/50 between people who were bobvegas and people who were someone else.
Report Airman November 16, 2019 7:56 PM GMT
Reading the article in the daily mail today seems the role of the account manager has changed in the last 6 plus years, now where's that phone number again!!!!
Report PeteTheBloke December 13, 2019 7:36 PM GMT
Do you have a link?
Report JML December 15, 2019 5:36 PM GMT
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7691705/In-victims-words-fleeced-ra...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com