Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
All_The_Same_I_Saw_It_First
23 Feb 12 11:02
| Topic/replies: 48 | Blogger: All_The_Same_I_Saw_It_First's blog
Lets say someone wanted to back every single 1.10 in inplay markets on a saturday, and lay back when it creeps in a few points.

Is something like that easily automated with software already out there?

Disclaimer: I said "is it possible", not "do you think that's a great idea"

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 14
By:
catfleppo
When: 23 Feb 12 13:07
It is possible although you need to correct "when it creeps in a few points" to "if it creeps in a few points"
By:
All_The_Same_I_Saw_It_First
When: 23 Feb 12 14:02

Feb 23, 2012 -- 1:07PM, catfleppo wrote:

It is possible although you need to correct "when it creeps in a few points" to "if it creeps in a few points"

A very fair point sir. Carelessly worded.

Would you care to point me in the direction of this potential solution?

By:
artie
When: 23 Feb 12 14:32
"WHEN it creeps in". Now that's what you call "positive thinking" !
By:
catfleppo
When: 23 Feb 12 15:58
Here first to see if what you want is already catered for - I suspect it is:

http://solutions.betfair.com/

If not you can find someone to write it for you:

http://fad.betfair.com/
By:
pato
When: 23 Feb 12 17:03
Yes, it is possible. Have a look at on Bfexplorer PRO and the bot called Place bet and close position. To automate bot execution on all in-play markets use the tool called Trade opportunity lookup.
By:
aye robot
When: 23 Feb 12 17:08
With something like horse racing this would be dead easy as there is usually only one race in running at a time and you can easily just keep moving on to the next market, only having one market open at a time. It's considerably more difficult with something like football because many markets are in running at the same time. In this case you'd either have to have a lot of markets open at once (which is a pain and can cause problems) or you'd have to be cycling through them constantly which will reduce your ability to monitor what's happening and will give you coding headaches.

In my experience the handling of markets and cycling between them keeping track of what's going on where is one of the trickier aspects of botting. That said, I'm not much of a programmer so others will have less trouble.
By:
pato
When: 24 Feb 12 07:35
Bfexplorer PRO is able to monitor many markets simultaneously. So you can run your bots on all markets opened for monitoring. Have a look at on this screenshot:

http://bit.ly/CloseAllPositions

or this one:

http://bit.ly/30markets
By:
Aunty Post
When: 24 Feb 12 09:29
You need to be particularly careful here as, if you let a bot loose, you can very easily be
hit for 'Data Charges', particularly if you are running other software at the same time.

These charges can be punitive, unless you are making big profits, and can write them off
as a 'business expense'.

I for one have been hit too many times before taking precautions to avoid it.

The same with 'Transaction Charges' where it is all too easy to go way over 1,000 per hour!
By:
Burton-Brewers
When: 24 Feb 12 17:25
is there any literature available for the novice as to what bots are and how they work? Seen them mentioned a few times, but I don't really know much about them.
By:
no moves
When: 25 Feb 12 00:47
I wonder what percentage of bot users are losing? My belief is it will still be the norm that this category of punter to lose and don't forget that automated gamblers have the added privilage of placing many more bets than can be done manually; isn't that fortunate for them? If indeed every bet they place averages out to be  a net loss.
By:
aye robot
When: 27 Feb 12 12:30
I dare say there are probably quite a lot of losing botters, although I imagine it's probably a lower percentage than that of "normal" punters. The thing about botting is that you can't really be in denial because the nature of it is that you have masses of data and you have to work through it in quite a bit of detail. You really get so see exactly what is and isn't working and you can't make excuses. Normal punters can say things like "I have my ups and downs but I reckon over all I'm probably about even" but for the botter there is no "reckoning" - you know exactly what your score is.

Also I think botting attracts quite structured thinkers rather than emotional "hunch" types.

Bots don't do stupid human things like chasing losses which goes a long way to protecting the player but on the other hand small coding mistakes can cost you dear. I've made a couple of silly mistakes already this year that have cost me a few grand. No human would have done that. You're right that being able to place a lot of bets in a short time without fear is a double edged sword.
By:
Burton-Brewers
When: 27 Feb 12 14:10
are you going to point me in the right direction then?
By:
aye robot
When: 27 Feb 12 15:12
You mean re literature? I don't think there is any. Your best bet would be to start with the Gruss or BF Explorer and work through it yourself. People on the forums will help you with code but obviously no-one's going to tell you about strategy - why would they!?
By:
Burton-Brewers
When: 27 Feb 12 15:47
ok robot thanks for that
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel