Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
slashman
23 Apr 10 15:47
| Topic/replies: 5 | Blogger: slashman's blog
Hi

I had an account with this company a few years ago but wasn't impressed.
A friend says they have a new mangement team including Eoin Ryan from Betfair and there is a big improvement.

My friend has been closed down by IG and Spin so maybe he is just desperate to get another outlet to spread bet in a declining market.

Any "unbiased" opinion from anybody who has recently (last 6 months) used them as I might give them a shot this weekend as they seem to be spread free on most stuff?

Spreadex is by far my fav current tipple, SPIN ship has long since sailed for me and I just cannot stand IG and their laying practises.
Pause Switch to Standard View Sports Spread
Show More
Report unsportingindex April 23, 2010 11:26 PM BST
If they are still in ireland and not regulated by the fsa AVOID,they are the spread betting equiv of bet fr ed
Report Rugbyleaguer April 24, 2010 1:37 AM BST
They have contacts in the spread betting clique and are warned of winning punters that have been barred from other spread firms, if you have been limited they will decline your account
Report Another Episode April 24, 2010 3:12 PM BST
I have been watching these guys lately because a friend has started using them and is pretty impressed. Like many, I have been reduced to pennies by IG lately.

Just looked at their site today - it's basic and functional but interestingly they seem to be agressively targeting price (spread free on several markets etc). I'm not that bothered by the lack of FSA regulation anyway - they've been around 10 years and appear to be established now. Anyway - what FSA regulation means these days is highly debatable.

Gonna give these guys a spin - hopefully they'll lay a fair bet.
Report Another Episode April 24, 2010 3:14 PM BST
Rugbyleaguer - what does that mean?

They decline you before you've had a bet!! I think you might be confusing these guys with another firm who have recently opened.
Report unsportingindex April 24, 2010 3:47 PM BST
Trust me,the fsa bit is relevant.Be warned,at some stage unless it is a total goals market you will get settled incorrectly and not in your favour.I knw of many tales where they just make the result up to suit their book.
Report Hemingway April 24, 2010 3:53 PM BST
u still use em' unsporting?
Report slashman April 24, 2010 4:07 PM BST
I traded both Super 14 matches this morning with them and no complaints as yet.
Site very basic but top markets are well maintained.

I really dont give a toss about FSA.
I am sick and tired of IG in particular, if that's regualted laying well good luck i don't want it.
I cannot believe the FSA give a damn about spread betting on sport and for the life of me I don't know why they chose to regulate sports betting in the first.
MIFID which governs financial spread betting and every conceivable investment activity possible in Europe looked at spread betting on sport and decided no way.

It's only the UK that links spread betting on sport with its Regulatory body so if Sports Spread keep their house in order and are properly licensed why should they give a toss about the FSA?

You have to have two choices minimum so with SPIN out of bounds for me I need Sports Spread to be a number 2 behind Spreadex for my betting because IG can go burn for all I care, they are a pompous excuse for a betting company in my opinion and I siuspect they will exit soon anyway.

Hope SS works for punters because spread is going to die with just 2 genuine layers (Spreadex and SPIN).
Report slashman April 24, 2010 4:07 PM BST
I traded both Super 14 matches this morning with them and no complaints as yet.
Site very basic but top markets are well maintained.

I really dont give a toss about FSA.
I am sick and tired of IG in particular, if that's regualted laying well good luck i don't want it.
I cannot believe the FSA give a hoot about spread betting on sport and for the life of me I don't know why they chose to regulate sports betting in the first.
MIFID which governs financial spread betting and every conceivable investment activity possible in Europe looked at spread betting on sport and decided no way.

It's only the UK that links spread betting on sport with its Regulatory body so if Sports Spread keep their house in order and are properly licensed why should they give a toss about the FSA?

You have to have two choices minimum so with SPIN out of bounds for me I need Sports Spread to be a number 2 behind Spreadex for my betting because IG can go burn for all I care, they are a pompous excuse for a betting company in my opinion and I siuspect they will exit soon anyway.

Hope SS works for punters because spread is going to die with just 2 genuine layers (Spreadex and SPIN).
Report slashman April 24, 2010 4:20 PM BST
Unsporting

I have to disagree with u on FSA
Worthless
I have sent three complaints to them on IG in last year.
Principally due to IGs practise of holding inrunning bets for 20-30 secs then ramming it down your throat if it goes against you but rejecting it if the 20-30 secs is in your favour.

The procedure isnt just cumbersome it is archaic and a waste of time.
Nothing happens because wait for it "we cannot comment on the result of any investigation"

If you unhappy on how ANY firm's settlement of a particular bet and you think you are better off if that firm is FSA regulated, my experience would suggest taht you will be royally dissapointed with both the appeal procedure and the cul de sac it will end up in if you choose to go down that route.
Report mug April 24, 2010 6:20 PM BST
Yes IG love to do that. Mind you who cares, they only lsy 50p bets these days unless you're a complete moron. Sportspreads are **s but you can make money out of them of course.
Report Rugbyleaguer April 24, 2010 8:36 PM BST
Rugbyleaguer - what does that mean?

They decline you before you've had a bet!! I think you might be confusing these guys with another firm who have recently opened

Yes sorry mate I have got them mixed up with another firm with a very similar name, sure you know who, apologies.

Alll the posts about I.G are correct online or on the phone they wait to see which way it goes before accepting or declining especially the 'I will have to o/k that with the trader, giving them a valuable 3 minutes in running. Way its going these days.
Report unsportingindex April 25, 2010 7:08 AM BST
Ok,sorry it seems the fsa are just as useless as the GC. I am just warning,at some stage they will rip you off in some form or another once they dont like your business.As you say,ig are a joke nowadays and im surprised they are even bothering.I dont spread bet anymore,gave up after being jerked about quoting different prices to what they had on screen.Once,sporting were worst price so decided to play them and asked for a price,trader looks at competitors quotes and moves it the other way so i go the opposite to what they expected just to p*** them off...they didnt like that much.
Report Mistermind January 16, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
No longer using flyers now. Instead LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh   :

"I Have seen some criticism of SPORTSSPREAD - However having been a member for several months i have found them to be a very good operation .
In the several months since I have joined I have won and been paid about £4000 including several £1000 pounds in bonus`s -So I have been very happy with their performance

R From London"
Report Mistermind January 16, 2018 6:00 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

http://www.bookmakersforum.com/bookmakers/sports-spread/16658
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com