Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hotpot Kid
12 Dec 09 16:39
| Topic/replies: 110 | Blogger: Hotpot Kid's blog
Apologies if this has been discussed before (I'm not on here very often) but:

Don't know about you guys but I am getting mildly addicted to cracking this coupon every weekend, finding matches where both sides will score and putting them in an acca. Picking four matches pays 9/1, six matches pays 33/1.

A 33/1 winner for finding six matches where all the teams score seems decent to me. The beauty of this bet over W / D / L betting is that you don't get let down by late goals and you're in the game until the very last minute.

I had a six up acca and a four up acca the other week and another four up acca today.

Now for a bit of advice please.... I have six game acca with the last game played tomorrow (Boro v Cardiff). Both sides scored in the first five games picked. What would you guys advise as the bet way of hedging this bet so that I get a return whatever happens? Thanks in advance.
Pause Switch to Standard View Fred's Goals Galore coupon - some advice
Show More
Report dessie111 December 12, 2009 4:46 PM GMT
dutch the 1-0 0-1 and 0-0
Report Bet of the Decade December 12, 2009 4:54 PM GMT
GOALS GALORE AT FRED'S!! LOVE IT!
Report Benni Blonko December 12, 2009 4:55 PM GMT
How much do you stand to win?? And how much would you be happy with as a profit???
Report dessie111 December 12, 2009 4:57 PM GMT
both teams not to score 2.02 on hear at moment
Report Hotpot Kid December 12, 2009 5:03 PM GMT
Benni Blonko 12 Dec 17:55

How much do you stand to win?? And how much would you be happy with as a profit???

It's not a fortune, I had £8 on it, so stand to win about £270. I'm inclined to let it run but I just know Boro are the kind of team to have a shocker and lose 3-0 or something.

If I hedge I'd want the larger win to be from the goals galore bet.
Report Hotpot Kid December 12, 2009 5:04 PM GMT
Benni Blonko 12 Dec 17:55

It's not a fortune, I had £8 on it, so stand to win about £270. I'm inclined to let it run but I just know Boro are the kind of team to have a shocker and lose 3-0 or something.

If I hedge I'd want the larger win to be from the goals galore bet.
Report Benni Blonko December 12, 2009 5:47 PM GMT
Gotta be £100 win on the 2.02 highlighted above then eh...
Report Hotpot Kid December 12, 2009 6:06 PM GMT
Thanks for your help guys. And apologies for the double post earlier....
Report IanP December 12, 2009 6:15 PM GMT
However you hedge, you will be worse off than if you hadn't bothered to put in tomorrows match at all, because the odds Fred gives you is 1.8 for each match.
Report Hotpot Kid December 13, 2009 10:46 AM GMT
IanP 12 Dec 19:15

However you hedge, you will be worse off than if you hadn't bothered to put in tomorrows match at all, because the odds Fred gives you is 1.8 for each match.

That is not strictly true Ian:

five selections pays aprox 16/1, return around £135
six selections pays approx 33/1, return around £270

I've had £100 with C o r a l at 11/10 that one or both teams doesn't score

so it's not the case that I am worse off, the extra £135 in potential winnings negates the £100 that I have hedged with.
Report Rocket to the FACE December 13, 2009 12:17 PM GMT
Hotpot Kid 12 Dec 18:03

I'm inclined to let it run but I just know Boro are the kind of team to have a shocker and lose 3-0 or something.

Seems like a great reason to put them in your acca...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com