Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
asma
12 Dec 09 09:00
| Topic/replies: 3 | Blogger: asma's blog
Hi

I came across a website a few days ago, but just cant remember the website address. Im hoping someone can help.

I downloaded my P&L sheet from Betfair, and then this site uses this data to tell you your performance on different races, which days u are most profitable, what price ranges you do well at etc.

ANy help appreciated. Thank You
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfair P&L Analysis Site
Show More
Report Jimbo747 December 12, 2009 9:27 AM GMT
Did you visit the site on the pc you're using now? If so, try checking your browser history from 2 days ago.

Press ctrl + h with your browser open to see it, assuming you haven't set history to clear.
Report asma December 12, 2009 9:31 AM GMT
Hi Jimbo747

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, every time i close my PC, it removes all history/cookies and cache stuff!
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer December 12, 2009 10:29 AM GMT
every time i close my PC, it removes all history/cookies and cache stuff!

That is a neat trick. How do you set your machine to do that? That facility would save me time on each boot.
Report Jinxy1 December 12, 2009 10:41 AM GMT
Its a very simple process, I thought even a computer imbecile could sort that one.
Report Ghetto Joe December 12, 2009 11:01 AM GMT
If you've got excel there's plenty of sheets out there that'll show the same stuff without having to upload your data to some site

http://betfairtradingmindgames.blogspot.com/2009/11/download-spreadsheet-graphs-for-your.html

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/Horse_Trading_Record.xls
Report Maddox December 12, 2009 11:31 AM GMT
Was it this site?

http://trackbets.info/
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer December 12, 2009 11:41 AM GMT
Jinxy1 12 Dec 11:41
Its a very simple process, I thought even a computer imbecile could sort that one.

You are an imbecile so perhaps you could explain it.

tia.
Report [x] These checkboxes suck December 12, 2009 11:52 AM GMT
just had a look at that site Maddox and playing about with it now. Very interesting.
Report The Investor December 12, 2009 12:03 PM GMT
Maddox 12 Dec 12:31
Was it this site?

http://trackbets.info/

That's the one I thought you meant too.
I like these kind of sites as I spend a lot of time analyzing my PL / doing performance analysis. Don't like the idea of uploading my P/L though.

I'm looking to automate some of the work using macros in excel. For instance now that Betfair no longer show you What your NET profit is on the PC portal, to work this out is quite tedious. If you wanted to know these figures for the past 52 weeks say (per week not the period as a whole), Commission paid (not generated) and NET profit, you could look at your PL and add up commission paid for each week. I think this could be done quickly using macros that check the date column?

Is this easy? Does anyone know how to do it?

Every quarter I analyze my results in depth, pages full of various stats. It takes up quite a few hours. I think the whole thing could be automated, really need to get that sorted!
Report asma December 12, 2009 3:10 PM GMT
Hi

Thank you for all the help.

It was trackbets.info that I had seen. Many Thanks for pointing it out.

Also, thanks for the blog details, its v. interesting.

Finally, I installed Iobit (free software) that cleans/deletes all cookies/junk etc on start up.
Report Gin December 12, 2009 3:12 PM GMT
CCleaner can do the same job
Report Bet of the Decade December 12, 2009 4:52 PM GMT
does a simple excel spreadsheet not offer all the stats on your bets you need?

overview spreadsheet:
wk beginning. winnings for wk planned. bank withdrawls. running total planned. winnings for week actual. running total actual. difference.

weekly breakdown spreadsheet:
wk beginning. day. bet type and detail. price. liability. return. commission. clear profit. loss, % profit from liability.

tells me what I need to know.
Report The Magician (100) December 12, 2009 5:35 PM GMT
I use to supply a IR segregator.... that segregated bets to pre-oof and IR

also did jumps/flat track splits for you.

google IR segregator, or look at gubbed to get it - sadly it only wokr on 2006-2008 betfair data, but you canuse the sheet and get some decent code out of it
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com