Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kapeno
11 Dec 09 08:22
| Topic/replies: 21 | Blogger: kapeno's blog
Risking more bile and cynicism after sg123's perfectly logical query I'll ask another one.
Why aren't the racetracke full of thousands of people on their mobiles calling home the bets to a partner/friend/wife. I read that rooms are available to hire but why doesn't the whole world do it. Should be easy money
Pause Switch to Standard View Another niaive question
Show More
Report buzzer December 11, 2009 8:25 AM GMT
some only need to be on the wrong side of a unexpected result once for it to put them off for life ;)
Report kapeno December 11, 2009 8:28 AM GMT
actually I've thought of a possible answer myself. Maybe there isn't enough liquidity in "in running" markets for really big playing
Report zipper December 11, 2009 8:50 AM GMT
Kepeno .. good morning .. the BIG money goes on back or lay BEFORE the race ... inrunning is for peanuts .....
Report kapeno December 11, 2009 8:58 AM GMT
Thank you zipper. I think thats true but peanuts would be fine for me I'm within easy reach of Lingfield, Plumpton, Fontwell and Brighton. I might give it a try. Having said that its very difficult to see exactly whats happening from the grandstand at Brighton until they are nearly home. Might be better at Plumpton thogh
Report zipper December 11, 2009 9:03 AM GMT
Kepeno .. your welcome .. have a nice Christmas in the New Year only bet before the race starts .. why inrunning you are taking on the SHARKS ....
Report kapeno December 11, 2009 9:18 AM GMT
Thanks zipper you too. Actually I am now making money consistantly on here by a slow form of trading, backing at night and laying in the morning but its desparately slow for lots of time and effort and never gonna make me rich. Just like "in running" there isn't the liquidity in the market at that time. Just looking around for a faster track to wealth. Take care
Report Johnny Wad December 11, 2009 9:27 AM GMT
Kaperno - if you can't race read and have a good quick betting / trading strategy. you will be a loser long term betting in running even with fast picks or a trackside possie.

The real money to be had for in play betting is final round golf trading with a team on course and someone at a PC
Report birch2 December 11, 2009 9:39 AM GMT
kapeno

with your IR strategy you would be a small fish in a big pond, floating gently on the surface when, ....................whoosh - the big pike swoops
Report kapeno December 11, 2009 9:50 AM GMT
Ha Ha I like the analogy but what if the small fish was a baited hook waiting for the large pike
Report Moon Light December 11, 2009 9:59 AM GMT
Your proposed method is too slow. You need to use at least BF mobile.
Bear in mind the on-course trading room guys have raw feeds, the latest PC, broadband...
Report kapeno December 11, 2009 10:06 AM GMT
I guess the way around that would be to call them earlier with the greater risk of being wrong of course. I would have to teach the wife to use "the Geeks Toy" Doesn't bear thinking about
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com