Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Contrarian
05 Dec 09 09:45
| Topic/replies: 1,028 | Blogger: Contrarian's blog
Does anyone use one of these?

Would it enable me to submit bets any faster (even if only a couple of 100 ms)?
Pause Switch to Standard View Leased line internet connection
Show More
Report not_drwho December 5, 2009 10:19 AM GMT
Been down that route and it cost me a lot without any appreciable decrease in round trip time.

Also depends where you live and what sort of betting you do. Automated routines have a different solution to manual betting for instance.

How youy doing these days BTW ? Betfair's new financial spread exchange should be up and running soon which may interest you. You still doing financials ?
Report Contrarian December 5, 2009 10:53 AM GMT
Hi Dr,

Interesting. Yeah, I'm doing the financials and football. One of the reasons why I'd like a leased line is that I'm looking to automate some of my futures trading (getting in and out of the market very quickly) and at the moment my connection is too sluggish to permit this.
Also, I'm running bots on the football. If I had more confidence in the speed and reliability of my connection, I'd be able to massively increase the amount of matches/markets I cover.

Can I get a leased line for under £1000/month?
Report not_drwho December 5, 2009 11:01 AM GMT
You really dont need one if you're running automated stuff.
Get a remote server with a fast connection to Betfair then talk to it from home or anywhere in the world. Cost no more than about sixty quid a month. I can tell you one that will work well if you email me at drwho88888 at yahoo.com
Report Contrarian December 5, 2009 11:24 AM GMT
Thanks Dr. I've emailed you.
Report know all December 5, 2009 1:33 PM GMT
15k should get what you want
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com