Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
deltaform
03 Dec 09 11:20
| Topic/replies: 111 | Blogger: deltaform's blog
I have been noticing lately that there are funds in the queue that do not exsist. If you use bet trading software , you can see the funds are never there. ITs**ing me off .. The markets are being manipulated.

who is this .. Is it betfair?
Pause Switch to Standard View Funds in queue that do not exsist.
Show More
Report Moon Light December 3, 2009 11:28 AM GMT
Trading software should show the same as the web interface, if the data is sampled instantaneously. If money appears and disappears, this is probably a spoofer bot, which puts it up then cancels it immediately. This sort of thing is all the rage in the financial markets, I believe.
Report big aitch December 3, 2009 11:31 AM GMT
same thing with gruss, different amounts show on there compared to the BF site, been told it is bet matching
Report Do wah Diddy December 3, 2009 11:33 AM GMT
THERE JUST LIKE THE BOOKIES THEY OFFER YOU A PRICE,BUT IF YOU WANT TO BACK THE SELECTION THEY WONT GIVE IT YOU,
Report LayItYouMug December 3, 2009 11:33 AM GMT
As we promised last year, were planning to improve the way unmatched bets are displayed to website customers in many of our exchange markets, by reintroducing functionality the exchange had when Betfair first launched. Customers whove been with Betfair since the early years will recall that the website used to display unmatched bets in every way that they could be matched. What we mean by that is best illustrated by a simple example: an unmatched bet to back Andy Murray to win a tennis match at 2.0 would be shown in both ways that it could be matched as an available lay of Murray at 2.0, but also his opponent as available to back at 2.0 too.

We expect to introduce this improvement on the morning of Tuesday 12th May. We will not be making changes to the way bets are matched. This change will mean that the display of available bets is consistent with the way bets are matched.

Weve tried to answer some likely questions below:

Q: Why are you making this change? What is the benefit for customers?
A: If you put a bet up on the exchange well now display that bet to other customers in every way that it can be matched, giving you a greater chance of getting matched. Customers coming to a market will see a greater range of available bets, and are more likely to find the bet they want at a price theyre willing to take.

Q: Which markets will be affected by this change?
A: We plan to roll this functionality out to all odds markets on the site, except those which can have non-runners (like Horse Racing win and place markets) and those where runners can be added (
Report Moon Light December 3, 2009 11:39 AM GMT
I vaguely recall this now....the cross-matching thing doesn't show in the API, but if you put a bet up using it, it will get matched.
Report deltaform December 3, 2009 11:42 AM GMT
Thanks for that. Still dont understand it that well. I was looking at a soccer game the other day and on betfair there showed there was one million dollars to lay the one team, so when i looked through bettrader evolution there was actually nothing there. There was not close to a million dollars in size to back the other team and draw so it doesnt make sense to me.

Im sure betfair have learnt strategies from there customers and are now trading there own markets.
Report Moon Light December 3, 2009 2:07 PM GMT
Wouldn't what it looks like depend on the price?
Suppose team A is 1,1 and team B is 11.0 in a 2-outcome market
You want to lay team A for a backer's stake of £100. Liability £10. N
That is equivalent to a back of team B for £10. So it would match even if only £10 showing available to back team B. But would show as £100 available to lay team A.
Report Wedged December 3, 2009 3:19 PM GMT
deltaform 03 Dec 12:42
Thanks for that. Still dont understand it that well. I was looking at a soccer game the other day and on betfair there showed there was one million dollars to lay the one team, so when i looked through bettrader evolution there was actually nothing there. There was not close to a million dollars in size to back the other team and draw so it doesnt make sense to me.

Im sure betfair have learnt strategies from there customers and are now trading there own markets.

:|
Report Feck N. Eejit December 3, 2009 5:27 PM GMT
Now you see it, now you don't. It's turned into one big game of interface cluedo.
Report inner city sumo December 3, 2009 5:30 PM GMT
Yeah, this is Betfair's crossmatching programme- this is likely to be a problem for players in two outcome markets, in markets with three or more possibilities the crossmatching is less of a problem.
Report Eldrick December 3, 2009 6:09 PM GMT
i say we should take the entire queue away and play anti-cluedo

the flies round $hite ferengi and their market maker advantage can rot as far as i care
Report Moon Light December 3, 2009 6:15 PM GMT
You sound like Feck, Eldrick. Very, very like Feck.
wtf are ferengi?
Report subversion December 3, 2009 6:19 PM GMT
they are little goblin-like aliens from star trek i believe

quite why people on this forum are obsessed with them is baffling
Report Eldrick December 3, 2009 6:29 PM GMT
all i know is that they suck money out of the system and don't supply any liquidity at all, while matching a lot of bets

and betfair charges them a millionth of what position takers pay

i wouldn't be at all suprised if these people were inspired by thatcher's ideologies, which are very closely aligned with what theoe vermin get away with on here
Report Eldrick December 3, 2009 6:30 PM GMT
*those
Report JPG December 3, 2009 8:21 PM GMT
"don't supply any liquidity at all, while matching a lot of bets"

Anybody else see the contradiction? :)
Report Eldrick December 3, 2009 9:49 PM GMT
well i certainly shan't be addressing anyone who points out any flaws in my arguments, there is no time for that in this crusade
Report CurlyBlues December 3, 2009 9:56 PM GMT
Would you say that these Thatcherite worshippers were all blazer wearing city boys?

Also, you have, as yet, failed to mention the fact Betd*q offers 1/10 of the commission for the massive liquidity providing momentum parasites.
Report The Magician (100) December 3, 2009 10:56 PM GMT
this does not happen on horses YET...
Report Moon Light December 3, 2009 10:59 PM GMT
Position-taking seems to be a new nutcult, like the Moonies or Ananda Marga.
If they don't get their way, eventually they will attack Betfair Towers with nerve gas in a kamikaze assault.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com