Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
station_master
19 Nov 09 10:17
Joined:
Date Joined: 19 Jul 08
| Topic/replies: 55 | Blogger: station_master's blog
Hi all, I was hoping for some help/advice on value in particular compiling your own odds and rating systems for teams.

I do ok on betfair mainly betting on football and after conducting all of my research I decide on what the outcome will be, however how do I know what odds are good odds? I have looked at the elo ratings but would prefer to use my own ratings as opposed to some that are freely available on the net.

So if anyone could give me any advice on how to do a rating system or any other advice regarding taking good odds it would be greatly appreciated.

I hope this makes sense and I am out all day so will not be able to respond until later, I look forward to a wealth of replies though hopefully :)

Phillipe
Pause Switch to Standard View Football betting help
Show More
Loading...
Report The Betfairy November 19, 2009 10:19 AM GMT
You need to convert the ratings into probabilities for events. Eg: Team A has 50% chance, Draw = 25%, Away = 25%. Then you convert that into decimal odds to find your own prices (tissue). In theory, then then simply take prices which don't match yours.
Report kenilworth November 19, 2009 11:33 AM GMT
You also need to be confident you are better at compiling your prices than the professional compilers.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com