Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Bet of the Decade
13 Nov 09 21:12
| Topic/replies: 397 | Blogger: Bet of the Decade's blog
do many out there risk a proportion of their banks on these games??

If so, anyone see any value tomorrow?

Laying rep ireland in their world cup qualifier tomorrow is value to me.
Pause Switch to Standard View International friendlies
Show More
Report DFCIRONMAN November 13, 2009 9:23 PM GMT
FRANCE have not been too impressive for a long time....................and if weather is the way it was tonight, they may well lose this iie.....

Your lay does not look "value" to me considering ROI will really be going for win.....

GL though....
Report Bet of the Decade November 13, 2009 9:48 PM GMT
cheers D - do u bet on the international friendlies?? my weekend bets are football and only football but the only game i have a slightest bit of confidence in is ireland/france
Report I.quit.my.job November 13, 2009 10:05 PM GMT
I can't see a goal threat in Ireland team, stop Keane, stop Ireland..........I can't see many goals in this but that's reflected in unders price.................I like France clean sheet @2.6 (PP)
Report Bet of the Decade November 13, 2009 10:15 PM GMT
thanks i quit - i think im going to lay the roi - only bet i will have 2mrw - made an awful bet tonight - went under 1.5 goals on u21 northern ireland /germany game in running with 10 mins to go!!
Report I.quit.my.job November 13, 2009 10:56 PM GMT
I take it there were goals then.......oh well always tomorrow
Report Bet of the Decade November 13, 2009 11:04 PM GMT
yeah - 2 of them 89 min then 90 min. wow.

always 2mrw as you say! hopefully France will rescue my profit margin for the week!!

GL!
Report DFCIRONMAN November 13, 2009 11:25 PM GMT
Bet of the Decade - The Germans are "expert" is scoring late goals ............so when you lay OVER 1.5 goals with 10 mins to go .......you are asking for "trouble"..............

They could have had a few goals late on ....as could Irish with one chance, which they missed ...their equaliser was a bit fortunate , but that is football.

ROI area strong team physically and if weather conditions are like tonight, then they are likely to create chances and I suspect will score against a French team that appear to lack confidence...and early goal will make them doubt themselves even more!

They can play very well the Irsih AS A TEAM.........so might believe taking out RK would be sufficient to stop them scoring but if they can score against Italians in BOTH games ...they can score against the French IMO.

01-04-2009 WC Qualifyin
Report DFCIRONMAN November 13, 2009 11:31 PM GMT
All Home Away .« Previous Next » Date Competition Outcome Home team Score/Time Away team
02-06-2009 Friendly L France 0 - 1 Nigeria More info
05-06-2009 Friendly W France 1 - 0 Turkey More info
[b]12-08-2009 WC Qualifyin
Report Bet of the Decade November 13, 2009 11:33 PM GMT
cheers D - i was daft with my earlier bet and got my fingers burnt! Simply saw livescores and thought - 'there won't be 2 goals in this game with 10 mins to go' ! Wrong!

Anyway...the reason I'm planning on laying ROI tomorrow is down to one thing and one thing only:

Mentality and strength of mind in such a high stake game...for my humble opinion more french players are 'mentally tougher' than the the irish in these high stake situations.

GL whichever way you go!!
Report I.quit.my.job November 13, 2009 11:36 PM GMT
No way ROI score 2 goals tomorrow DFC but lets see......

if you think that you should tuck in to over 2.5 @2.74
Report I.quit.my.job November 13, 2009 11:53 PM GMT
Henry and Anelka (with Benzema in reserve) against Dunne and St Ledger............too pacey for them pair.........I'm thinking French victory now but still like price of clean sheet or lay both teams to score @2.1 if you can get it on here.............especially now DFC is predicting both teams to score ;)
Report DFCIRONMAN November 13, 2009 11:54 PM GMT
Over 2.5 Goals 2.72 £5.40 £9.29
Bet matched:00:40 14-Nov-09

2.72 £5.43 £9.34

2.74 £1.17 £2.04

£ 12 bet on it ........odds appear reasonable considering conditions likely tomorrow.

Also backed ROI/ROI as main bet and covered with 2-1 and 2-2..........................just will be hoping ROI score first in 1st half.....then can go ALL GREEN ]:) :D

GL with bets

G M the noooooooooooooooo
Report I.quit.my.job November 14, 2009 12:06 AM GMT
wet conditions mean fewer goals imo but I don't have any stats to back it up.......just harder to move the ball around so less chances created

I might NAP laying both teams to score @2.1 ish

GL
Report I.quit.my.job November 14, 2009 12:07 AM GMT
G M the noooooooooooooooo

what does this mean?
Report tobermory November 14, 2009 12:08 AM GMT
Ireland surely too big a price to lay , based on form of last 3 years

It's a long time since France looked a class above Ireland , but the prices suggest that they are.
Report I.quit.my.job November 14, 2009 12:10 AM GMT
its eight years since Ireland beat a big team (Holland 2001)

I wouldn't personally lay IRE but I like the lay of both teams to score
Report I.quit.my.job November 14, 2009 12:15 AM GMT
I prefer laying Keane to score rather than laying Ireland (similar prices)............infact some jammy git has layed keane @3 only 3 quid but even so.............if you watch the markets and put in silly orders early enough they get matched!
Report DFCIRONMAN November 14, 2009 12:20 AM GMT
G. Whelan 8' 1 - 0
1 - 1 26' M. Camoranesi
S. St Ledger 87' 2 - 1
2 - 2 90' A. Gilardino

I suppose the World Champions are not a big team................................they just managed to wriggle out of defeat late in game........

ROI are a dodgy team to lay today...........as they will make it physically tough and set pieces will be key to who wins game.

HENRY is IMO an ordinary player who is very very predictable...........been that way for 2 years at least..................the mud will slow the French down a wee bit .......and errors can easily occur in such conditions..........so if Irish play hard low crosses into French penalty area, there is every chjance they will score 1 or 2 goals today....GL to them.

G M the nooooooooooooooooooooooo ( Godd Morning the noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)
Report Bet of the Decade November 14, 2009 12:21 AM GMT
nailing my colours to the mast here...defo laying ROI....surprised that some comments suggest it's not value but that's opinions I guess.....and probably my relative naivety in being willing to risk more for less compared to others on here.

As far as Im concerned..Big Game....Big Players...France have stronger mentality and better quality.

GL all!
Report I.quit.my.job November 14, 2009 12:33 AM GMT
G. Whelan 8' 1 - 0
1 - 1 26' M. Camoranesi
S. St Ledger 87' 2 - 1
2 - 2 90' A. Gilardino

that's two draws you posted - I said beat a big team..........where you from DFC you talk some rubbish, if Ireland put low crosses into the box :)
Report I.quit.my.job November 14, 2009 12:35 AM GMT
unrest in the French camp - no confidence in French media behind Domenech is the only thing putting me off the French
Report DFCIRONMAN November 14, 2009 7:00 PM GMT
Soon see ..GL
Report DFCIRONMAN November 14, 2009 8:04 PM GMT
Well ROI have had 2 chances .....and failed to take them .......so they need to score early 2nd half .......or their legs will fall off with effort so far!!!!!

If still 0-0 with 15 to go ....FRANCE could well steal this.Last
Report DFCIRONMAN November 14, 2009 8:34 PM GMT
Bet of the Decade - wd .....looks all over now.......................goal was always comng 2nd half.
Report Bet of the Decade November 14, 2009 8:51 PM GMT
thanks D.....this lay looks like rescuing some of my bank back after yesterdays U21 disaster!

Roll on prem league and champs league.....these internationals are just too difficult to judge for me!!
Report DFCIRONMAN November 14, 2009 8:54 PM GMT
Just lost on IQ's "idea" re backing OVER 2.5 goals ....so not much damage thankfully.....was glad one of em scored , as layed 0-0 early on :D

Gl with bets
Report Bet of the Decade November 14, 2009 9:11 PM GMT
and you D - keep on!
Report I.quit.my.job November 14, 2009 11:04 PM GMT
well done on your Ireland lay - it's like reading a book ;)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com