Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tommo5thbeatle
11 Nov 09 22:13
| Topic/replies: 855 | Blogger: tommo5thbeatle's blog
I can't put my point across with the title character space. But,
Basically Ive come across a method of getting above bookies prices by around 100%, to put it clearer if bookies were to offer 1.01 and I found 1.10.

Il try it out and see how it goes anyways, but I was wondering whether you guys think there is a threshold above bookies odds which represents profitability of the course of 1000+ bets, enough to appropriately reduce the unprecitability of results anyway.

So, Betfair advertise that the odds offered are on average 20% higher than bookmakers, and many deem these to be very close to ''fair odds''. Do you guys think that if you can consistently get 50% better odds or more then this should end in profitability with good money management, or do bookmakers severly underprice some markets compared to others?

Would really appreciate your opinions on this.
Regards.
Pause Switch to Standard View At which % above bookies odds do you...
Show More
Report crediter November 12, 2009 12:23 AM GMT
dont forget ...no commission at bookies.
Report Laurie de Loser November 12, 2009 6:24 AM GMT
Basically Ive come across a method of getting above bookies prices by around 100%, to put it clearer if bookies were to offer 1.01 and I found 1.10.

Do you mean 100 or 1000%?
Report IanP November 12, 2009 7:57 AM GMT
So if a bookie offers 1.5 heads or tails and you can get 1.55 on here , that's a value bet ?
Report Treble_Underscore November 12, 2009 9:03 AM GMT
This is a dead strategy. Its how they select "value bets" on sites like OLBG. Its not a long run winning strategy I'm afraid - back to the drawing board.
Report no moves November 12, 2009 10:30 PM GMT
Ianp suggests that if a bookie offered 1.5 and betfair offered 1.55 this would be a value bet but remember you would have to pay commision to Betfair of up to 5%.

this bet would be subject to premium charge if these gambles where part of a sequence of bets which were backed through a winning stategy. It would be the incorrect decision to place the bet with betfair if you were a continously successfull punter the correct idea would be to place to bet with the bookie.
Report Baz November 12, 2009 11:09 PM GMT
If you regularly took 1.5 or 1.55 about evens the strategy would possibly need some tweaking to make it a winning one. The point was made only to emphasise the importance of knowing what price a selection should be and not what a bookmaker offers.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com