Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BUSTER MURPHY
10 Nov 09 09:47
| Topic/replies: 10 | Blogger: BUSTER MURPHY's blog
Billys up to their neck in it, over a Billion in Debt. Would it not be funny if every one had a £1 fivefold bet on the 49's tea-time today on say these numbers 4,7,11,21,29 What whould happen should it COP?---Churlish i know!
Show More
Report Baggers November 10, 2009 10:01 AM GMT
as you have advertised it on a public forum, they would invoke the "Syndicate rule" and you would probably be hit in your one shop operation because someone would be too lazy to walk to Hills and put it on in your shop (He would have done trebles & 4'sand only 4 would cop)

Its called Karma
Report dk1986 November 10, 2009 10:05 AM GMT
Where are these debt figures released?
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 10, 2009 10:47 AM GMT
On their web site. After counting the debt they have net assets of £357m. Although perhaps worryingly for shareholders is that within that figure is £1,506m of intangibles.
Report Lori November 10, 2009 11:25 AM GMT
Probably shouldn't ban all their customers.
Report jasonk178. November 10, 2009 11:41 AM GMT
they may have to start taking bets if things get any worse.
Report IanP November 10, 2009 11:45 AM GMT
They seem to have completely "gone" at the game on the phone. Knocked me back to a tenner on the double result market for the 'pool game last night - I was flabbergasted. It;s one of the cash in shop accounts from which I have never withdrawn - only deposited.
Report Grunweld November 10, 2009 11:57 AM GMT
Their best performing area is the fixed odds betting terminals, so in a few years I doubt if they will be taking any sports bets at all in their shops.
Report jasonk178. November 10, 2009 12:11 PM GMT
the sooner the gov ban the FOBT's the better,its the only way they are going to be forced to play ball.
Report Grunweld November 10, 2009 1:21 PM GMT
Absolutely right, but who will actally ban them?

A very telling extract from their last annual report:

"We closed 23 shops, of which 14 were in the Republic of Ireland where the lack of machines and a more limited product range make it difficult to achieve good levels of profitability".

The days of high street sports punting are numbered, I'm afraid.
Report boycee November 10, 2009 1:26 PM GMT
Scuse me please, but who are these people that get more than a tenner(at price) on with Hills? :)

How the feck are they in debt, when they won't take a bet FFS!
Report GASHWAN November 10, 2009 1:38 PM GMT
boycee 10 Nov 14:26
Scuse me please, but who are these people that get more than a tenner(at price) on with Hills

me. all the time.
Report jasonk178. November 10, 2009 1:41 PM GMT
gashwan arent you corbiewood or utdbiscuits?? works for h1lls??
Report GASHWAN November 10, 2009 2:22 PM GMT
nope.

full time shop punter.

people who say they can't get more that £10 at a price are either ignorant, stupd or lazy. probably the straight tricast.
Report jasonk178. November 10, 2009 2:49 PM GMT
lol ok then,who did you post as before 23 oct??? or is that just when you first discovered betfair?
Report boycee November 10, 2009 3:19 PM GMT
Walter Mitty :)
Report GASHWAN November 10, 2009 4:06 PM GMT
dimis/mashwan etc
Report christrinder November 10, 2009 4:34 PM GMT
people who say they can't get more that £10 at a price are either ignorant, stupd or lazy. probably the straight tricast.

Gashwan,

Presumably the letter form Coral closing my account is in my imagination. (Zero is lss than £10).

Chris Trinder
http://kickingbets.blogspot.com
Report GASHWAN November 10, 2009 4:41 PM GMT
lol

i'm not talking about online or phone accounts you simpleton.

i'm sure you know this already
Report christrinder November 10, 2009 4:50 PM GMT
I'm taking about shop accounts as weel. I'm banned in my local Coral for having any bets £25 (OK, that is more than £10 but still not worth me going to the shop for.)

BTW, politeness costs nothing.
Report christrinder November 10, 2009 4:51 PM GMT
(that is any bets greater than £25).
Report boycee November 10, 2009 4:54 PM GMT
So far you have called us ignorant,stupid,lazy and simpletons.

Don't tell me, you manage to get your bets on using your natural charm. :)
Report GASHWAN November 10, 2009 4:54 PM GMT
1499 more of their shops to go then. not rocket science getting a bet on
Report christrinder November 10, 2009 6:45 PM GMT
I have should have made it clearer - I've been told I've been limited to £25 max stake at at Coral shops. That means that unless I can make astonshing % profits, my winnings will not even pay for my petrol used to get to the shop, let alone the time.

You have called the posters on this ignorant,stupid,lazy and simpletons - not particularly polite (perhaps you have yet to grow up).

Do you make a profit betting in shops? If so, I'm very suprised that they continue to allow you to bet. If you make a loss, I'll leave others to judge who is the 'simpleton' here.
Report christrinder November 10, 2009 6:45 PM GMT
That should read ALL Coral shops.
Report GASHWAN November 10, 2009 7:16 PM GMT
i'm sick to death of the "POOR ME, POOR ME!! MY BETS ARE BEING RESTRICTED" threads on here.

ffs instead of crying like girls at something about something most of us face why not try - shock, horror, - DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

i know it's a crazy idea, but worth thinking aboiut.
Report GASHWAN November 10, 2009 7:18 PM GMT
for the record i got a complete ban from all t0te shops for taking them to the cleaners last season with the odds booster coupon (which they have since stopped ;-) )

didn't stop me betting with them though. just got harder.
Report christrinder November 10, 2009 8:38 PM GMT
OK, what exactly do I suggest I do given that I'm banned... wear a false beard :)

Of course, I could setup a network a la Veitch, but frankly I can't be bothered.

Which is what I guess Corals are counting on....
Report boycee November 11, 2009 7:41 AM GMT

GASHWAN 10 Nov 20:18
for the record i got a complete ban from all t0te shops for taking them to the cleaners last season with the odds booster coupon (which they have since stopped )

didn't stop me betting with them though. just got hard
er.

So Gash when you go into your local HSB and say I want £50 on tonight's Carling cup match. They look at their "allow to" message and it says "£20 only to all customers" What do you do then. That's a lot of shops to get round mate.
Report Mr Ed November 11, 2009 9:40 AM GMT
I had a big win on the odds booster and the week after I was told they had stopped them.

Very difficult to get decent prices with them now, but not impossible
Report Treble_Underscore November 11, 2009 12:10 PM GMT
I won 24k on the odds booster (and they were only saved from it being 48k by a last minute goal in another line). Should I be claiming credit also please ;-)
Report GASHWAN November 11, 2009 1:20 PM GMT

boycee 11 Nov 08:41

GASHWAN 10 Nov 20:18
for the record i got a complete ban from all t0te shops for taking them to the cleaners last season with the odds booster coupon (which they have since stopped )

didn't stop me betting with them though. just got harder.

So Gash when you go into your local HSB and say I want £50 on tonight's Carling cup match. They look at their "allow to" message and it says "£20 only to all customers" What do you do then. That's a lot of shops to get round mate.

if i'm not going to turn over roughly £200 - £300 per shop i don't bother. restrictions at certain firms dont bother me in the slightest. if your not smart enough to work round them i dont think betting is for you.
Report JFFC November 11, 2009 3:23 PM GMT
Oddsbooster was stopped and a lot of the boosted odds moved onto the normal weekend coupons instead of having two seperate coupons.
Report insideinfo November 11, 2009 3:59 PM GMT
This plank GASHWAN is corbiewood folks,the bookies stooge.
Report GASHWAN November 11, 2009 4:05 PM GMT
^
*PARANOID MORON ALERT*

:^0

who is corbywood?
Report GASHWAN November 11, 2009 4:11 PM GMT
and what is a boomkies stooge?
Report insideinfo November 11, 2009 4:11 PM GMT
You were outed on another thread corbiewood.No-one likes you so you thought a new username would come in handy but you come on spouting exactly the same sh1t in exactly the same style as before.Plus ive had it comfirmed from a third party.Unlucky son.
Report owl4life November 11, 2009 4:14 PM GMT
handbags
Report GASHWAN November 11, 2009 4:16 PM GMT
insideinfo 11 Nov 17:11
You were outed on another thread corbiewood.No-one likes you so you thought a new username would come in handy but you come on spouting exactly the same sh1t in exactly the same style as before.Plus ive had it comfirmed from a third party.Unlucky son.

:^0

how much crack you smoked tonight mate. paranoia at new levels

MORON
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com