Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
thetitan
08 Nov 09 19:35
| Topic/replies: 5,513 | Blogger: thetitan's blog
Tennis tournament this week, I want to back two players who have a chance of meeting in the final, odds of 6.0 for both of them, E/W 1,2 1-2

Do I back E/W or not? And how to decide?
Pause Switch to Standard View The pro's and cons of backing each-way
Show More
Report how do u mark your titleist?! November 8, 2009 8:12 PM GMT
e/w puntin is for wimps and not for real gamblers, the point of "making a return" or "getting money back" is not the real reason 2 gamble and is only suitable for 14/1+
Report sweetchildofmine November 8, 2009 9:54 PM GMT
on betfair is it worth the each way option? you can always green up if he progresses anyway
Report kenilworth November 8, 2009 10:15 PM GMT
Two separate bets and should be looked at as such. Getting 1/2 odds to reach the final seems better value than the win part IMO.
Report Baz November 8, 2009 10:56 PM GMT
The draw should be of consideration in the decision making naturally.
Report thetitan November 8, 2009 11:21 PM GMT
i think it will be a murray vs djokovic final, they are both 5/1 and i've backed each for 1k, just wondering about the pro's and cons if i'd backed E/W (still time to change)
Report Baz November 8, 2009 11:39 PM GMT
It was more of a general thought but in this example, whichever of the 2 players is in Federer's half of the draw would be more likely than the other to be a better win bet. As a rule if the player you are backing is likely to be quoted around evens or bigger in the final, bet each way. If you have a 6/1 shot 1/2 odds 1st 2, your win bet rets £7, your place bet rets £4 if the player gets to the final. As a result you are backing the player at odds on to win once he gets to the final if you double stake on the win rather than back each way.
Report pots November 9, 2009 7:47 PM GMT
e/w can be very profitable in horse racing where the betting shops advertise prices taken from win only books on course. the price is almost irrelevant (ie be it 2/1 or 20/1) often you are betting in to an overbroke each way book. evidence is try gettign an each way bet on course
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com