Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Chasing Mug
08 Nov 09 12:23
| Topic/replies: 41 | Blogger: Chasing Mug's blog
In the past I have brought many (recreational) punters to Betfair. Many first time bettors.

This time I found myself telling two friends to look around and to the one guy who isnt into Soccer/Cricket I recommeneded Pinny.

I feel sad. Used to love Betfair.
Pause Switch to Standard View I'm no longer recommending Betfair to...
Show More
Report Eddie the eagle November 8, 2009 12:30 PM GMT
Same here . I haven't recommended Betfair to anyone since the introduction of PC , nor have I played any poker here in the same period.
Report 1.01 Layer November 8, 2009 1:12 PM GMT
And me.

They're hardly the punters champion anymore.
Report caleyjags November 8, 2009 1:13 PM GMT
I tend to win £20 one week and lose £10 next. Because I had a few £1000+ winsa in the early Betfair days I'm now paying premium charge. About £8 so far, but one £140 win this week means I'll be paying £20+ this week alone. It's not just the big winners being hit. It's all of us winners and it's just a big scam. Betfair is now a scam.
Report caleyjags November 8, 2009 1:24 PM GMT
JUst followed the link given on other blog and bseems I've paid £10.60 so far, will treble this week. Such a scam I donty even realise how much I've paid out.
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer November 8, 2009 1:26 PM GMT
I would never dream of recommending betting to anybody. The best way to lose friends that is if they are not naturally bettors.

When you commend a bookie or an exchange to you give them a Gamecare leaflet as well?
Report Northbouy November 8, 2009 2:59 PM GMT
thinly veiled "I don't have any friends" thread.
Report marky sparky November 8, 2009 7:54 PM GMT
what's taken you so long?
Report MANCHESTERSKYTRAIN November 8, 2009 9:53 PM GMT
Same here i was even recommending Betfair to the other guys in the ward when i had a small heart problem last year, everyone i come across that got into a betting related conversation i would tell them how they were stupid betting with bookies when you can get much better odds on here, since the PC can't be bothered to explain that you can get better odds on Betfair but only if you lose regulary because if you are lucky enough to win those odds will be 20% lower because they tax you every wednesday and thay only count 3% as the commision you paid even if you really have paid 5% blah blah fckg blah, can imagine anyone i would tell lapsing into a coma and saying ill stick with the bookies i think mate just to stop me rambling on about this sh!te, and as i am boring enough already could do without chatting about something that is now about as special as cardboard.
Report Johnny The Guesser November 8, 2009 9:57 PM GMT
It's possible to win thousands and never get close to the premium charge.
Report MANCHESTERSKYTRAIN November 8, 2009 10:00 PM GMT
i can't win anything without paying it so that doesn't apply to me so thats why its sh1te imo
Report heynoodles November 8, 2009 10:13 PM GMT
we'll have no win to win off if we dont keep the word of mouth going... so a bit self defeating imv
Report heynoodles November 8, 2009 10:13 PM GMT
*no one
Report MANCHESTERSKYTRAIN November 8, 2009 10:16 PM GMT
don't worry we've got each other noodles
Report Coachbuster November 8, 2009 10:57 PM GMT
Isn't all this cutting off your nose to spite your face though ?

We need new cusotmers on here as much as BF does, without them the whole process dies and we die with it
Report heynoodles November 8, 2009 11:03 PM GMT
Lol, mst im sure we match each others bets occasionally. The place market is a small world, ive laid the odd winner to other people in our shop which delights them more than the money.
Report Moon Light November 8, 2009 11:06 PM GMT
Question: would you recommend BF to friends in order to win their money?
Or only because you thought they might profit from it too?
Report Feck N. Eejit November 9, 2009 8:59 AM GMT
I wouldn't recommend betfair to anyone I thought I couldn't educate about the **ing aspect.

You have to hand it to the people who run betfair though. It requires something special to arrive at a situation where the **s themselves are turning people away from their shell and pea stalls.
Report love arsenal November 9, 2009 10:15 AM GMT
any one ,,wants to buy my old betfair account with over 30k loss on it.will save you 6 k in pc charge.thanks
Report MANCHESTERSKYTRAIN November 9, 2009 11:06 AM GMT
Feck N. Eejit 09 Nov 09:59

I wouldn't recommend betfair to anyone I thought I couldn't educate about the **ing aspect.

You have to hand it to the people who run betfair though. It requires something special to arrive at a situation where the **s themselves are turning people away from their shell and pea stalls.

oh no shell and peas again!!
Report Moon Light November 9, 2009 11:49 AM GMT
love arsenal, detection by BF bosses might lead to a ban, possibly for life.
So thanks but no thanks.

Feck in his own world as usual. Mysterious peas, an odd definition of **ing.
Report Feck N. Eejit November 9, 2009 2:21 PM GMT
I don't think it's me that's living in a dream world moonie. It's the ten-a-penny 'professionals'.
Report heynoodles November 9, 2009 2:27 PM GMT
Whats wrong with ten a penny professionals? Would you rather the money went to h!lls, c0rals and co ffs
Report Feck N. Eejit November 9, 2009 2:31 PM GMT
Why would it go to them ffs?
Report they_knew November 9, 2009 2:33 PM GMT
pc investigation team very keen looking at referred accounts (nap)
Report Wee Mac November 9, 2009 3:24 PM GMT
Have you seen this, Feck?

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/305b6b92-ccba-11de-8e30-00144feabdc0.html
Report Okuma November 9, 2009 3:26 PM GMT
A lot of my friends are just recreational punters who like a weekly multiple and Betfair's not the best place for that. I thought the premium charge was because people are winning off losers to quickly, but Betfair hardly sets a good example with their multiples product. They take a margin off every leg and then 5% commission if you win. In low liquidity markets it's like a trap bet machine, sometimes offering lower odds for a double/treble than you would get making a single on the normal exchange. I used to get a multiple bonus email every single week but funnily enough I've not had 1 since I started paying pc.
Report Feck N. Eejit November 9, 2009 3:42 PM GMT
Cheers Mac. Maybe the betfair boffins will take note seeing as how it's coming from those prodigous minds in the city. We could see it on betfair within 12 years. Let's hope that these 21st century traders will be able to adapt to the ever changing market conditions (vomit).
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com