Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
WhiteHatJon
16 Jul 23 10:49
| Topic/replies: 213 | Blogger: WhiteHatJon's blog
Yes, I am a Spurs fan and yes, my heart is leading my head, but 11/8 is totally wrong.
Pause Switch to Standard View 11/8 Kane to stay is surely the bet...
Show More
Report Aspro August 10, 2023 5:17 PM BST
Fair play to him if true. Levy has done him no favours.
Report 11kv August 10, 2023 5:27 PM BST
Longer than the Rice saga ffs
Report SirNorbertClarke August 10, 2023 6:02 PM BST
A Bundesliga medal won with BM is worth next to f**k all.

Think they hand them out on the opening day.
Report Emitdeb August 10, 2023 8:05 PM BST
Mrs Kane is preggers, doubt she'd fancy Germany atm....
Report SirNorbertClarke August 10, 2023 8:19 PM BST
Munich is a beautiful city. Much better than Manchester!
Report JC1326 August 10, 2023 8:36 PM BST

Aug 10, 2023 -- 4:04PM, ProSniper wrote:

Bayern look like utter mugs for chasing this overhyped bag of wind for so long. Kane also shown himself as being a total coward. Shyte scared to test himself in another league. Choosing to remain a flat-track bully in his own back yard.

He plays for the eighth best team Laugh

Report JC1326 August 10, 2023 8:37 PM BST

Aug 10, 2023 -- 5:12PM, duffy wrote:

Said it before, revenge is best served cold and Kane is serving it up to Levy big time here.

Laugh

Report JC1326 August 10, 2023 8:37 PM BST
Only person with a sweatier bum than Levy right now is the OP.
Report WhiteHatJon August 10, 2023 8:51 PM BST
Incorrect JC1326,

Just played again at 5/4 with b365.

If you think I am sweating, then you are a buffoon, win lose or draw.
Report SirNorbertClarke August 10, 2023 9:38 PM BST
Harry Kane will be the biggest mug ever if he signs for anyone this season.

Next July he can get himself a signing on fee of at least £50m. That's Jordan Henderson money!!!

Kane cost Spurs nothing yet Levy wants one last payday out of Harry. Tell him to swivel Harry.
Report Emitdeb August 10, 2023 9:52 PM BST
I'm guessing, Levy would be willing to match any genuine offer put Harrys way come January... He did exactly that to Christian Eriksen..
Report Jack Bauer "24" August 10, 2023 11:30 PM BST
It looks like he's going.
Report SirNorbertClarke August 10, 2023 11:32 PM BST
If Kane was going he would have said so today.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 10, 2023 11:48 PM BST
Talks ongoing, medical tomorrow....?
Report n88uk August 11, 2023 12:08 AM BST

Aug 10, 2023 -- 11:32PM, SirNorbertClarke wrote:

If Kane was going he would have said so today.

It will be announced tomorrow I suspect.

The real question here is are Bayern Munich really going to spend all summer, and put in 100m bid for a player they don't even know wants to come to them. Just not going to happen imo. They would look utter mugs if Kane come out and turned them down now, they must have assurances from his camp.

There's not really been any credible sources saying he's saying, just Sky Sports News spinning to get people to bet on him staying.

Report ProSniper August 11, 2023 12:48 AM BST
Sure, Aspy. I appreciate that. It's just that I was really looking forward to seeing him join such a monster club and see how well he does in another league. I get sick&tired of insular EPL fanboys acting like there's no other league that's attractive proposition. I also started to believe Kane was just pissing about and had no intention of leaving Mischief when it came through yesterday afternoon that it was "increasingly likely" that he'd be staying were he is. Anyway, now that the breaking news tells us he's agreed to join Bayern, I wish him and his family all the very best. I'll have a decent bet on him scoring 25+ in his first season, and if he fails to do that, I'll bash him for only being able to do it in a farmer's league.. 

Report layingisthewayforward August 11, 2023 7:39 AM BST
Travelling to Munich today for a medical. So much for her of the year Cry
Report layingisthewayforward August 11, 2023 7:40 AM BST
*bet
Report SirNorbertClarke August 11, 2023 8:37 AM BST
If Kane signs with any club this season he will have handed Spurs £90m which he could have collected next July.
Report SirNorbertClarke August 11, 2023 8:50 AM BST
TalkBollox are reporting that after Kane agreed a deal yesterday while he was on his way to Stansted Daniel Levy changed his mind about the deal LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ProSniper August 11, 2023 9:11 AM BST
Report WhiteHatJon August 11, 2023 9:51 AM BST
My hands are up, I got this one 101% wrong and have paid for it in rather large terms.

I took all the wrong prices as well, just to rub salt in my rather deep wounds.

Time to keep my views to myself to save future embarrassment.

WhoopsWhoopsWhoopsWhoopsWhoopsWhoopsWhoopsWhoops
Report lybertyne August 11, 2023 10:30 AM BST
It would be funny if Dortmund won the league.
Report Wesdag August 11, 2023 10:49 AM BST
A weird one for sure.
Staying at Spuds looked nailed on for me.
Surprising the BM has so much financial muscle.
Report brentford August 11, 2023 10:57 AM BST
Bayern are ranked as the 6th wealthiest club in European football - so not sure the financial muscle is much of a surprise..
Report Aspro August 11, 2023 11:06 AM BST
Should never butter yourself up on a hot summer's day Wesdag Laugh
Report Aspro August 11, 2023 11:15 AM BST
Good luck with your 25+ bet ProSniper... looks a good punt if he stays free from injury.

That's assuming it is cut-and-dried Plain
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 11, 2023 11:19 AM BST
Would have been a great market on here.
Report ericster August 11, 2023 11:34 AM BST
Newspapers speculating that he might be getting cold feet.
I wonder.
Gotta go for the pay-off surely.
Interesting.
Report n88uk August 11, 2023 11:35 AM BST
Sky Sports News are running the same ramp on Caicedo today that they ran on Kane yesterday. Shouldn't this be illegal?
Report Crisp77 August 11, 2023 11:38 AM BST

Aug 11, 2023 -- 11:34AM, ericster wrote:

Newspapers speculating that he might be getting cold feet.I wonder.Gotta go for the pay-off surely.Interesting.

I think learning the language could be a factor for Kane.

Another year in London, and he should have English nailed.

Report ericster August 11, 2023 11:40 AM BST

Aug 11, 2023 -- 11:38AM, Crisp77 wrote:

Aug 11, 2023 -- 11:34AM, ericster wrote:Newspapers speculating that he might be getting cold feet.I wonder.Gotta go for the pay-off surely.Interesting.I think learning the language could be a factor for Kane.Another year in London, and he should have English nailed.

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Nice one Crisp.

Report SirNorbertClarke August 11, 2023 12:12 PM BST
TalkBollox reckon Kane will be getting a rather large slice of the €100m fee
Report The Dragon August 11, 2023 2:17 PM BST
well well looks like hes off to Germany after all

Must say i am surprised but hey ho.

Big loss for Spuds
Report Emitdeb August 11, 2023 2:31 PM BST
Financially, probably a superb deal for THFC..

Munich have spent the cash to excite the fans and to win things.

Hope Harry and his money are happy.. Cry
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 11, 2023 2:42 PM BST
Relegation odds slashed to 50-1
Devil
Report Aspro August 11, 2023 2:43 PM BST
I'm sure Mr Clarke will be having some of that Devil
Report Wesdag August 11, 2023 2:45 PM BST
I hear Lukaku's available.
Report Aspro August 11, 2023 2:46 PM BST
Rumours abound about him Wesdag, although Levy's not strong on buying older players so I'd say unlikely
Report The Dragon August 11, 2023 2:57 PM BST
a lot resting on the brazilian to get the goals now
Report WhiteHatJon August 11, 2023 3:09 PM BST
I have to say that I am both very surprised and very disappointed in the end result here.

Unless there is some financial deal we are unaware of, surely he would have been in a much better negotiating position come Christmas time ?

His wife is expecting number 4 and the other 3 are very young. Is Germany the dream move ? Madrid or Barcelona I would have understood, but Munich, really ?

His decision of course and I hope it works out for him, I really do.
Report Wesdag August 11, 2023 3:13 PM BST
Aye.
A weird one indeed.
Report The Dragon August 11, 2023 3:18 PM BST
got to be more to this than we know
Report Aspro August 11, 2023 3:22 PM BST
Always a risk of long-term injury once a player reaches 30. Not so easy to shake-off. A 4 year deal (if what I'm reading is correct) would ensure that he doesn't miss out. Strange though with the family and all.
Report Emitdeb August 11, 2023 3:39 PM BST
Alan Shearer sighing and grinning to himself...
Report Wesdag August 11, 2023 3:42 PM BST
I make it only Dier, Son & Lloris left from the class of '16?

End of an era.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 11, 2023 4:10 PM BST
44 now
TIMBER
Laugh
Report SirNorbertClarke August 11, 2023 4:20 PM BST

Unless there is some financial deal we are unaware of, surely he would have been in a much better negotiating position come Christmas time ?

I think Kane gets a very significant wedge of the 100m otherwise he would have stayed put. Levy either agreed to split the money now or Spurs got FA and Kane got the lot next July.

In hindsight Kane has been very generous letting Spurs have a cut.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 11, 2023 4:35 PM BST
Gets 10-15% if hasn't asked for a transfer

May have other stuff in contract.

He could be on more cash off sponsors to get
that watch into view whilst holding trophies.
Report SirNorbertClarke August 11, 2023 4:41 PM BST
Yeah then Kane will have to pay tax.

Wouldn't be surprised if his accountant was his de facto agent.
Report JPSER August 11, 2023 5:11 PM BST
Hes going to make himself look silly when he leaves and spurs win the treble this season
Report the fink sisters August 11, 2023 5:13 PM BST
If he goes, good luck to Harry. A terrific player who will continue to do the business for England and Bayern. Think Son will miss his partner. He will be so ronery.
Report sofaking August 11, 2023 5:18 PM BST

Aug 11, 2023 -- 5:13PM, the fink sisters wrote:

If he goes, good luck to Harry. A terrific player who will continue to do the business for England and Bayern. Think Son will miss his partner. He will be so ronery.

Reported.

Report Aspro August 11, 2023 5:21 PM BST
Spurs are winning nothing or at most the League Cup, but I'd go for nothing and that's coming from a supporter. I don't buy the relegation cr4p or even bottom 10 and neither do the punters if the odds are anything to go by, but without Kane's goals, it's gonna be a tough season ahead. Kane was right to go (?) and I wish him all the best.
Report brentford August 11, 2023 5:26 PM BST
still a lively front line if you can get them all firing even wif they don't replace with a significant signing

Son, Richarlson (I'm guessing he's most likely to play through the middle ?) and Kulesevski with Maddison offering some quality in behind..

would still be more worried by the central MF until Betancur returns or though I suppose that might start to throw up some balance issues..
Report The Dragon August 11, 2023 5:45 PM BST
spuds will be fine .... decent team the question i have is the manager... not sure about him .. unproven in my book.. we shall see

i will be backing brentfor in first gamw
Report the fink sisters August 11, 2023 6:17 PM BST
sofaking • August 11, 2023 5:18 PM BST

Reported.

Blimey. A quote - and lighthearted joke- from a box office smash. I suppose the woke are everywhere these days. Whatever rocks your boat Sofa. No wonder there aren’t many people left on this forum with the PC police scrutinising every post.
Report the fink sisters August 11, 2023 6:17 PM BST
sofaking • August 11, 2023 5:18 PM BST

Reported.

Blimey. A quote - and lighthearted joke- from a box office smash. I suppose the woke are everywhere these days. Whatever rocks your boat Sofa. No wonder there aren’t many people left on this forum with the PC police scrutinising every post.
Report SirNorbertClarke August 11, 2023 6:20 PM BST
You can be reported for a typo SadSadSad
Report Emitdeb August 11, 2023 6:21 PM BST
Let's stamp it out!  Racism is Racism...
Report The Dragon August 11, 2023 6:26 PM BST
its amazing how many of theses bets/ posts go tits up
Report everyone's a winner August 11, 2023 6:31 PM BST
forum curse innit
Report SontaranStratagem August 11, 2023 6:31 PM BST
Good luck to him at least hes took the plunge and gone abroad fair play to him

He’ll most likely be coming of the back of a trophy winning season heading into the Euros

You also cant deny Bayern are a massive club, and the city of Munich is nice as well
Report Wesdag August 11, 2023 6:36 PM BST
Spuds will now improve knowing that they all have to put in a shift & not just rely on HK.
Pile on a 4th plaice finish, imo of course.
Report sofaking August 11, 2023 9:16 PM BST

Aug 11, 2023 -- 6:17PM, the fink sisters wrote:

sofaking • August 11, 2023 5:18 PM BSTAug 11, 2023 -- 5:13PM, the fink sisters wrote:If he goes, good luck to Harry. A terrific player who will continue to do the business for England and Bayern. Think Son will miss his partner. He will be so ronery.Reported.Blimey. A quote - and lighthearted joke- from a box office smash. I suppose the woke are everywhere these days. Whatever rocks your boat Sofa. No wonder there aren’t many people left on this forum with the PC police scrutinising every post.

I was joking. I'm the least "wokex person you'd ever meet. Crazy

Report sofaking August 11, 2023 9:18 PM BST
"Woke".
Report Crisp77 August 11, 2023 9:18 PM BST
Kane been having trouble communicating with the Germans. Hasnt got a clue what this trophy room is they want to show him.
Report sofaking August 11, 2023 9:31 PM BST
Not your best work, Crisp. Do better.
Report irishone August 12, 2023 9:07 AM BST
He's one of our own

PMSL ......spurs drained him
Report Aspro August 12, 2023 9:15 AM BST
Well, he's history now (confirmed). Auf Weidersehen Harry, thanks for the memories.
Report sageform August 12, 2023 9:58 AM BST
Lets hope that Spurs can start again with a new manager and no Kane to rely on. But who is going to defend corners? That is one function that Kane excels at. £100 million is an awful lot for only a one year contract. Can they spend it well this time? You could build a team to challenge for the Prem League from players that Spurs have sold. Walker, Trippier  Alderwierald, Modric and now Kane.
Report Analyst August 12, 2023 11:01 AM BST
I was surpised he was 30 - most outfield players best years are aged 26 to 28.

At Bayern he was probably win the German League and have a good crack at the Champions League - a bit like going to Man City in this country - to me he has left it a few years too late.
Report Aspro August 12, 2023 11:07 AM BST
He had a number of choices, but it is becoming clear that he wanted a guarantee of something to show from his career. Nothing is guaranteed, we all know that, but here only City could realistically provide that and that option disappeared so it was the stain that is PSG or Munich. No brainer really.
Report the fink sisters August 12, 2023 11:22 AM BST
You’d think he’d be able to cut it at an elite level for another 3-4 years. Fantastic goalscorer with great link up play that often goes under-appreciated.
Report lurka August 12, 2023 11:24 AM BST
Kane is not a player reliant on pace so he should be able to play at the top a bit longer than most, a bit like Sheringham was
Report SirNorbertClarke August 12, 2023 11:29 AM BST
100 million is an awful lot for only a one year contract. Can they spend it well this time?

Spurs didn't get 100m. They had to give Kane a very good wedge or he would've seen his contract out.
Report SirNorbertClarke August 12, 2023 11:32 AM BST
Newspapers talking about Brennan Johnson as Kane's replacement. Levy shopping at Lidl's Laugh
Report GoBallistic August 12, 2023 11:35 AM BST
Spurs would have done a lot better to be in this position a couple of months ago but still got to give them credit for making the right move in the end. Now the panic-buying can start Silly
Report Darlo Bantam August 12, 2023 8:07 PM BST
People still backing him for top PL goalscorer!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 12, 2023 8:11 PM BST
Greening up...
Report Capt__F August 12, 2023 8:35 PM BST
HT near bayern 2 down  harry on bench
still no trophy Sad
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 12, 2023 8:39 PM BST
Lol
Report SontaranStratagem August 12, 2023 9:05 PM BST
It would be Kanes spursy dna all over if he went there for one season and they failed to win the league for the only time since Tony Blair was loved and cherished
Report SontaranStratagem August 12, 2023 9:13 PM BST
Hes on and getting his name chanted Happy
Report sofaking August 12, 2023 9:14 PM BST
3-0 Leipzig. I'm relieved that Kane won't be winning a trophy on his first day after leaving Spurs. Laugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 12, 2023 9:15 PM BST
Kane on... leipzig pen, olmo completes hat trick
Report SontaranStratagem August 12, 2023 9:15 PM BST
At least he got on Cool
Report Capt__F August 12, 2023 9:16 PM BST
Jude scored for RealCool
Report SontaranStratagem August 12, 2023 9:17 PM BST
Forgot bout Bellingham, hopefully he does well as well

Fair play to them
Report SontaranStratagem August 12, 2023 9:18 PM BST
Munich or Madrid?

Id prefer Munich myself from a living perspective
Report Wesdag August 12, 2023 9:28 PM BST
Kane jinxing Bayern with his spursyness
Report Capt__F August 12, 2023 9:40 PM BST
Lads,its only Bayern
Report SontaranStratagem August 12, 2023 9:50 PM BST
But it's a big club

One of the biggest in football
Report knot in wood August 12, 2023 10:12 PM BST
I wonder how kane will get on with Tuchel.. probably be ok if they winning but Tuchel don't look the easiest character to get on with..
Report SirNorbertClarke August 12, 2023 10:12 PM BST
Daniel Levy has a new Voodoo doll LaughLaughLaugh
Report Racingqueen August 13, 2023 12:44 AM BST
Tuchel could be gone in 3 games time. He is an awful coach who Harry/Bayern would be better off getting rid of
Report lybertyne August 13, 2023 12:51 AM BST
Bayern Hotspur.

Maybe Kane is Kursed.
Report sofaking August 13, 2023 1:22 AM BST

Aug 13, 2023 -- 12:51AM, lybertyne wrote:

Bayern Hotspur.Maybe Kane is Kursed.

And maybe Spurs'll start winning stuff again now that Harry's gone. Excited

Report unitedbiscuits August 13, 2023 5:31 PM BST
A warm farewell from The Guardian's John Crace

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/12/farewell-then-harry-kane-our-one-season-wonder-who-just-didnt-stop-scoring

I'm not a Spurs fan and didn't realise that Luca Modric downed tools in his final season at Tottenham. In the upshot, he enjoyed a wonderful career at the biggest club in the world and I hope that Kane goes on with similar longevity and success; nobody can say he didn't put a shift in at Spurs.
Report the fink sisters August 14, 2023 8:46 PM BST
Crace is a terrific writer. His farewell to Chris Grayling was a thing of beauty.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/18/exit-failing-grayling-the-3bn-master-of-disaster-bows-out

He often writes about Spurs, opera, heroin addiction or depression when he’s not doing the politics sketch (make of that what you will), often amusingly so. Can’t comment on the accuracy of Modric’s last few efforts as there are many better qualified than me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com