Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unitedbiscuits
26 Nov 21 19:00
| Topic/replies: 16,157 | Blogger: unitedbiscuits's blog
Biscuit prices

Man City  6/5
Liverpool  5/2
Chelsea 11/4

Is now the time to back Liverpool @ 6.4 as the percieved outsider of three?
Pause Switch to Standard View Premier League Outright
Show More
Report DOUBLED November 26, 2021 7:04 PM GMT
Mane and Salah missing in January ?
Report Rider November 26, 2021 7:14 PM GMT
top 3 like a mini UCL this year
Report DOUBLED November 26, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
9th Jan - 6th Feb 2022 African cup of Nations
Report unitedbiscuits November 26, 2021 7:25 PM GMT
I had not accounted for the absence of Salah and Mane. But January is easy for clubs to navigate? Mainly FA Cup nonsense? And, of course, an early exit from the African competition awaits some.
Report lurka November 26, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
Covid might have an impact on AFCON and players going to it with this new variant from SA. 6 southern African countries just been added to the UK red list.
Report Corky November 27, 2021 5:05 PM GMT
Is it too late for the mighty Villa ???? Pope says make a pilgrimage to Villa park. The new MESSIAH STEVIE G can cure covid. Love
Report unitedbiscuits November 28, 2021 6:19 PM GMT
Updated

11/10 Man City
9/4 Liverpool
7/2 Chelsea
Report The Dragon November 28, 2021 6:42 PM GMT
between liverpool and citeh i reckon
Report unitedbiscuits December 5, 2021 10:11 AM GMT
Biscuits' update

Man City Evs
Liverpool 9/5
Chelsea 11/2
Report TameTheTiger December 5, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
can i have a grand on City at Evens ?
Report The Dragon December 5, 2021 2:19 PM GMT
why waste your monet tiger shove it on liverpool its theirs this year  loving my 9/2Cool
Report The Dragon December 5, 2021 2:21 PM GMT
citeh 1.69 on bfLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report unitedbiscuits December 11, 2021 5:30 PM GMT
Biscuits unmoved

Evs Man C
9/5 Liverpool
11/2 Chelsea

Chelsea were lucky to get the result to keep in touch tbh
Report unitedbiscuits December 16, 2021 11:07 PM GMT
Man City 10/11
Liverpool 13/8
Chelsea 8/1
Report The Dragon December 17, 2021 11:17 AM GMT
as i said two horse raceWink
Report TameTheTiger December 17, 2021 6:56 PM GMT
Happy to take 10/11 Man City still for a grand. Liverpool just dont have the squad depth to win the league. European Cup is their best chance of glory this year.Chelsea finding the pace a bit too hot
Report unitedbiscuits December 19, 2021 7:09 PM GMT
Great weekend for Citeh.

Man City 4/6
Liverpool 2/1
Chelsea 16/1
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 20, 2021 10:17 AM GMT
City Walk Over.

CITY 2/5

LIVERPOOL 4/1

That from UNBIASED bookies who are running a business so they'd hardly deliberately give you higher odds for no reason!

Also 2.6m matched on City ............. 942000 on Liverpool.  Weight of money by far on City.

Who will finish second a better question?
Report unitedbiscuits December 20, 2021 2:06 PM GMT
That is too big a gap imo, Lou.
Still in Liverpool's hands, provided they beat City in the reverse fixture.
Report lurka December 20, 2021 6:30 PM GMT
Weight of money is always on the odds on selection and for every back there is a lay, ie someone betting against them. Weight of money indicates nothing, it just confirms that City are odds on favourites, which the price already tells you.
Report crystalhunt December 20, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
Those latest odds are ridiculous given that Liverpool are the better team and there are still 20 games to go. IMO.
Report TameTheTiger December 20, 2021 7:31 PM GMT
Liverpool wont catch City now. Dont forget Salah and Mane off in Jan
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 20, 2021 7:39 PM GMT
crystal

Are you a Liverpool fan by any chance la?  Just guessing like.
Report lurka December 20, 2021 8:58 PM GMT
Still a good chance the AFCON won't go ahead in Jan
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 20, 2021 9:01 PM GMT
crystal

Are you a Liverpool fan by any chance la?  Just guessing like.

No answer? ................... Yes thought you were!

PMSL  LaughLaugh
Report REDROB December 20, 2021 9:18 PM GMT

Dec 20, 2021 -- 8:58PM, lurka wrote:

Still a good chance the AFCON won't go ahead in Jan

If things go on as they are, a good chance world cup will be a no no too.

Report crystalhunt December 20, 2021 10:03 PM GMT
City Walk Over.

PMSL HappyCool
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 20, 2021 11:29 PM GMT
crystal

I'll ask you AGAIN so don't avoid the question.

Are you a Liverpool fan yes or no?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 20, 2021 11:57 PM GMT
Well there's your answer folks.  His silence speaks a thousand words!   ExcitedLaughLaughLaugh

PMSL

There goes another biased Liverpool fan eh!   

Don't worry la, there's always next season though if history is anything to go by you have another 28 seasons till the next title! 

PMSL  LaughLaughLaugh
Report crystalhunt December 21, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
Of course I'm a Liverpool fan - it's no secret. Proud to support the best team in Europe. CoolLaugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 21, 2021 1:01 PM GMT
Proud to support the best team in Europe.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report crystalhunt December 21, 2021 2:38 PM GMT
Only team in Europe to have lost only one game in all competitions - City have lost 5, six if you include the Charity Shield. Laugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 21, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
crystal

Do you HONESTLY think Liverpool are quite as good as City?

If so how do you explain that one team are 2/5 to win the league and the other 4/1.  That is a massive, massive difference?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 21, 2021 4:54 PM GMT
Because citeh are ahead in points, on a roll and Liverpool lose stars to African nations.

A three point lead is tough to pull
back when citeh are averaging 2.44 points
per game!
Report crystalhunt December 21, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
Do you HONESTLY think Liverpool are quite as good as City?

Of course I do and not only that Liverpool are more exciting to watch. Liverpool have scored more goals in all competitions than City. They may very well win the league but when the chips are down in Europe they'll fold again.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 21, 2021 5:16 PM GMT
crystal

I'm going to BLOCK you for talking absolute BIASED nonsense.

Whilst most fans (not me) will sadly be biased toward their own team bookmakers are running a business so obviously it's a FACT that they wouldn't deliberately give higher odds on one team/horse/dog etc etc for no reason yet City are miles and miles clear and shorter priced in the betting yet rather than you simply admit that whilst Liverpool MAY WELL still win it City are the obvious choice.

I'm sorry but I just can't converse with people that will say two and two make five rather than admit something against their team.  I've blocked about a dozen or so on here and it's great I don't have to read their nonsense any more.  You're now another one and it's really no problem to me.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 21, 2021 5:40 PM GMT
They don't pay out at Xmas.

Could swap that Ronaldo duvet and giggsy wallpaper
for a sterling pillow case and pep smoking jacket
with your winnings.
Report lurka December 21, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
City are 3 points clear, not miles and miles
Report crystalhunt December 21, 2021 6:44 PM GMT
Block away - you've obviously got problems with people who don't agree with you, evidenced from your contributions on the Man U thread. 'Like a dog with a bone', comes to mind.

You said "I've blocked about a dozen or so on here". If that's true you obviously lead a very sad life.SadSad
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 21, 2021 7:10 PM GMT
lurka

Oh I know and as I said Liverpool COULD POSSIBLY win it of course but come on if you had a gun at your head and they were truly going to pull the trigger if you're wrong surely you'd have to pick City to win it.

Yet the Liverpool fans just blindly will not admit it.  They're actually lying in a football forum how pathetic is that.  Grown men just refusing to simply tell the truth.

What a horrible world we live in eh.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- December 21, 2021 7:13 PM GMT
If you play Russian roulette with
2/5 shots your life will be short.
Report crystalhunt December 21, 2021 7:23 PM GMT
Yet the Liverpool fans just blindly will not admit it.  They're actually lying in a football forum how pathetic is that.  Grown men just refusing to simply tell the truth.

What a crazy comment from an obvious loon.
Report lurka December 21, 2021 7:46 PM GMT
I only said they're not miles and miles ahead, which they're not. The season isn't even half over yet.
Yes, I'd pick City to win it but that's irrelevant to your exaggeration that they're miles ahead.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 21, 2021 8:00 PM GMT
lurka

That's fine but you're the only Liverpool fan that will admit that.  All the rest would have a gun at their head and be shot at the end of the season.  Surely of the two you must pick City?  Why can't people bare to simply be honest rtaher than blatantly lie on an online forum it's ridiculous.
Report crystalhunt December 21, 2021 8:08 PM GMT
Oh Dear LaughLaughLaugh
Report unitedbiscuits December 21, 2021 8:15 PM GMT
Not a fan of Liverpool myself, Lou. A few people reckon the gap between their price and City's is too big given the 3 point gap. One matchday from changing places at the top.

I keep a book on the outright as it develops and have quite a successful record over the years betting on the difference.
Report tobermory December 21, 2021 8:44 PM GMT
I'd say City are the better team, but they are closely enough matched that it is not silly to argue Liverpool are better.

The BIG gap in the odds I don't think is really a reflection on the difference in quality. If they meet in the CL Final I think you'd get 90 min odds like 5/4 City 15/8 Liverpool.

With the Premier Lg betting though other factors are making City so much shorter.

The African Nations sees Liverpool lose their 2 best forwards for a few games.

You'd also expect both clubs might typically lose 3 starters for a while just due to injuries. The drop off to the next guy up is much less with City. Liverpool have a good squad but there are 4 or 5 players that are just levels above the back up that would replace them. eg Origi is a good finisher but his all round skillset does not compare to Mane's.

Then you have the fixtures. City's have been tougher so far and will be easier in 2nd half of season. City's toughest remaining away game as per betting odds will be Arsenal. Liverpool are away to City and Chelsea.
Report unitedbiscuits December 21, 2021 10:21 PM GMT
That is a good analysis, tobermory, but my experience is that it does not pay to look too far ahead. If I have an edge, it comes from the market over-reaction to one matchday. Liverpool currently 5. There may well be a point in the season when City are 5.
Report unitedbiscuits January 2, 2022 7:52 PM GMT
The way the results have gone would make me have to revise prices to such an extent that I must have had them wrong before.
Live and learn.
Report unitedbiscuits February 24, 2022 7:55 PM GMT
Strange looking back on this.

I lost faith in my own odds sooner than I should so, to the present, when I should be sitting pat, I am not.

Looking forward, I still think Liverpool are overpriced:

Man City 1/2
Liverpool 15/8 (3.8 on here)
Report Capt__F February 25, 2022 11:08 PM GMT
you wer right about lou tho

loon
Report unitedbiscuits April 10, 2022 5:59 PM BST
If it stays like this (2-2) I would go 10/11 City, 11/10 Liverpool.

I don't expect the PL ever to be decided on goal difference but Liverpool have greater momentum.
Report DOUBLED April 11, 2022 1:42 PM BST
fill yer boots then unitedbiscuits ....4/9 and 9/4
Report unitedbiscuits April 18, 2022 7:37 PM BST
Thank you DD.

I'm on and although 9/4 has gone with the bookies, exchange still go 3.30/3.35 which I consider extraordinary value.

If Liverpool beat Man United tomorrow, I make them outright favourites, given their momentum.
Report lurka April 18, 2022 9:18 PM BST
Don't like the run of fixtures Liverpool have before/after the two CF semi legs. Away to Newc at 12.30 sat after a weds 1st leg. Everton and Spurs at home either side of the ties. City play on the Tues and at 5.30 on the sat (not very fair to Liverpool and I thought BT had agreed not to ask a CL team playing weds to play in that slot?).

City's last 3 games are over 2 weeks. Liverpool are going to have 5 games in the same period (incl the cup final). They would want to get the tie with Villarreal over after the first leg, ideally. But the number of games could catch up on them fatigue-wise.
Report lurka April 18, 2022 9:22 PM BST
I'd say there's a good chance that Newc match will be pushed back to 7.45 on the Sat. Criminal if they don't. They have done it before and Pool play Spurs at that time on a Sat after the Villarreal second leg.
Report unitedbiscuits April 18, 2022 10:01 PM BST
Newcastle are safe, have nothing to play for now. Guaranteed 3 pts for Liverpool.
Report unitedbiscuits April 18, 2022 10:03 PM BST
But they play City too, so evens out.
Report SontaranStratagem April 18, 2022 10:03 PM BST
Pool seem to want all the gold this season which could be a negative by the end

They deserve the prem though, they’ve been the best side this season
Report crystalhunt April 19, 2022 12:07 AM BST
What ever happened to loony Lou LaughLaugh
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 19, 2022 8:15 AM BST
bonkers that lad
Report lurka April 19, 2022 8:38 AM BST
Point wasn't that Newc game would be tough. Rather the turnaround and tougher fixtures either side of the CL SF compared to City. But I hadn't factored in City's away game at Wolves, that has to be rearranged too. Just think City already have a bigger squad and will get more chances to rest players. I hope Liverpool win it tho.
Report unitedbiscuits April 28, 2022 7:45 PM BST
11/10 Liverpool, 10/11 Man City

In my book.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com