Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Dragon
01 Jun 21 17:34
| Topic/replies: 37,691 | Blogger: The Dragon's blog
didnt see that one coming
Pause Switch to Standard View ancelotti goes back to real madrid
Show More
Report roache June 1, 2021 6:38 PM BST
Oh dear wanting to stay for the long term and oversee the future move into the new stadium with 3 years left on his contract and its bye bye
Report The Dragon June 1, 2021 6:43 PM BST
yes what now for evertonShocked
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 6:46 PM BST
James Rodriguez stuck there, he only went to Everton to work with Ancelotti again, he may come in for him again though
Report The Dragon June 1, 2021 6:53 PM BST
yes not good news for the toffees
Report tobermory June 1, 2021 6:55 PM BST
Can't see this working out for him myself.

'3 year deal', but last time he won the 10th CL and was still sacked after 2 years. Way weaker RM team now and much less resources to do anything about it.

I expect sacked by this time next year and then he might struggle to get an Everton type job again as he won't be trusted to stay.
Report Giuseppe June 1, 2021 7:00 PM BST
one does not simply turn down Real Madrid tobes
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 7:02 PM BST
yeah, work in the sun, great outdoor culture, Madrid prettier city than Liverpool and warmer, don't think he cares if it's 3 years he was probably suffering from SAD on merseyside

If he can get Hazard fit and back to his best it'd be like a new 70 mil pound signing, Modric has to go though now surely, too old.
Report tobermory June 1, 2021 7:05 PM BST
Why not? It's a crap job for a coach.

They get less credit there for success than anywhere else. Look at Zidane and everything he's won; I saw an article the other day about where Tuchel now ranks among the top coaches in the world,  comparing him to Pep, Klopp, Poch, Conte. Zidane's name was not mentioned.

Real Madrid is all about superstar players and the prestige of the president. The other week Florentino Perez was arguing there needs to be a 'Ballon'd'or for club presidents' Crazy
Report 11kv June 1, 2021 7:13 PM BST
Treading water at Everton wants european football,is he taking the big fella with him...?
Report scaredmoney June 1, 2021 7:16 PM BST
Didnt Real pay Rodriguez' contract up/off to get him off the books?
Cant see them throwing a load more euros at him to get him back on the books.
Report DIE LINKE June 1, 2021 7:36 PM BST
As my grandad always said, never trust a tally.
Report DIE LINKE June 1, 2021 7:39 PM BST
Should clarify he was in the Waffen-SS and was angry at their cowardly surrender.
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 7:46 PM BST
I think you over egg the pudding on this coaching credibility thing, people recognise Zidane won 3 Champions League titles as manager, nobody could ever take that away from him,, managers come and go and Madrid but if you win whatever, it's still on your CV, Ancelotti too, he's won 3 Champions Leagues and to win 4 he has a much better chance at Madrid than Everton, then there is the lifestyle choice and the quality of player being higher, not sure about Rodriguez then, but it was Zidane who never wanted him, Ancelotti's had him at Madrid, Bayern and Everton, might want him again. They stand a good chance of winning La liga next year as vintage Barca are over, even an average Madrid team could win it. Champions League a different story unles she can start getting the best out of Hazard and make one or 2 shrewd signings who aren't flashy but do the job.
Report the fink sisters June 1, 2021 7:57 PM BST
All of the qualities of a dog, except loyalty,
That’s the trouble with a manager that age. Can’t wait to get their grubby hands on a bigger paycheck. Everton a good post for someone slightly younger with ambition.
Report The Dragon June 1, 2021 8:13 PM BST
i wonder if they will consider big dunc after this experience
Report tobermory June 1, 2021 8:29 PM BST
A source 'close to Carlo' says

"He knows he will be sacked, it is inevitable, but a bad year in Madrid is better than a good year at Everton.”

Sad
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 1, 2021 8:49 PM BST
Big Duncan got boot room job for life at Everton
Not worth risking it surly
Report morpteh mackem June 1, 2021 8:52 PM BST
rafa ?
Report sofaking June 1, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Ancelotti's stock has fallen a lot recently so I'm surprised Real took him on again. He got fired at Naples and was a big disappointment at Everton.
Report TheBetterBettor June 1, 2021 10:26 PM BST
Probably getting burgled by liverpool safe crackers was the final straw for him ... probably thought im not staying in this f'ckin dump again.
Report TheBetterBettor June 1, 2021 10:35 PM BST
Kendall
Mourhino
Dalglish
McNeill
Keegan

and the never go back curse.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 10:40 PM BST
Unfortunately there's obviously a pecking order in football.  Ask any player would he rather play for Everton or Real Madrid?

Same goes for managers.
Report scaredmoney June 2, 2021 12:03 AM BST
sofaking • June 1, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Ancelotti's stock has fallen a lot recently so I'm surprised Real took him on again. He got fired at Naples and was a big disappointment at Everton.

Good points sofa.

I think they have gone for a steady hand, someone who knows the club and wont rock the boat.
They have a big rebuilding job to do on an ageing squad and have chucked nigh on a billion euros (i think) at upgrading the Bernabeau at the worst possible time reguarding revenue.

Its a huge task and wont be done overnight.
Report tobermory June 2, 2021 12:39 AM BST
This really is a rebuild as what is there now is unlikely to do much. Best players are their oldest. Hardly made a decent signing since 2014.

Problem is Ancelotti not really got anything on his resume to show he is going to build anything. His successes have been as a coach who could get a set of top class players to their potential.

He has an impressive CV but 90% of the good stuff is from 7+ years ago. I think he would rather just finish up with a failure at Real Madrid rather than a failure at Everton.
Report scandanavian_haven June 2, 2021 12:55 AM BST
that's all probably true, he's, Everton was just a stop gap, he probably had a clause in his contract that said he could go to a top club if one came in, that's probably how they managed to get him in the first place, it's a nice retirement job, back to somewhere he knows, feels comfortable, Champions League football, crack at la liga, lifestyle, he'd have been silly to stay at Everton. I think Madrid will somehow make big signings with convoluted payment structure.
Report ribero1 June 2, 2021 9:17 AM BST
Don't think it's any great loss to Everton,always looked like he was just topping up his pension pot to me and despite some decent results there was plenty of dire ones too and they basically just about made par last season despite plenty of investment.
Looks as though he takes his family with wherever he goes too,his son is going to be his assistant and also taking the son in law who was head of performance at Everton,the gravy runs pretty thick for Carlo.
Report TheBetterBettor June 2, 2021 3:05 PM BST
did carlo get his safe back?
Report The Dragon June 2, 2021 6:00 PM BST
santos 1.64
Report ffaith June 2, 2021 7:58 PM BST
The guy has got previous.  He did the same to PSG
Report roache June 2, 2021 10:32 PM BST
Carlo was obviously desperate to top up his pension pot to go to Everton in the first place a very strange move when you consider wherever he has been it has been one of the top boys challenging for the title in there respective league whereas this was never going to be the case with Everton a notch below the top teams.
Report sofaking June 5, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Ancelotti at Everton was always a weird fit.  Kind of like Al Pacino showing up on Coronation Street.
Report TheBetterBettor June 5, 2021 4:59 PM BST
Report sofaking June 5, 2021 5:59 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report tobermory June 5, 2021 6:20 PM BST
Carlo wasn't even first choice. It was offered to Mourinho, who turned it down because even Jose is not that much of a *** to walk out on Roma before the first game.

Mourinho must regret taking the Roma job so quickly though. He'd have loved to go back to Madrid just to get rid of Ramos and anyone else left from the first time that had pissed him off.
Report sofaking June 5, 2021 6:24 PM BST
Where did you hear it was offered to Jose?  I find that extremely difficult to believe....
Report Giuseppe June 5, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Jose's agent
Report tobermory June 5, 2021 6:32 PM BST
the Telegraph report that Mourinho was approached on two occasions about potentially returning to the La Liga giants.

It is claimed after informal talks at the back end of last week, the Portuguese was again spoken to over the weekend.

Mourinho reportedly made it clear he had no desire to take up their offer, having only very recently taken up the post at AS Roma.

The 58-year-old is hoping to rebuild his reputation in Serie A, after his spell at Tottenham turned sour in the 2020/21 campaign.
Report sofaking June 5, 2021 6:37 PM BST
I'm flabbergasted.
Report Dav_vin03 June 6, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Huddersfield manager emerges as potential new Everton manager
Report The Dragon June 6, 2021 4:52 PM BST
big dunc into 2nd fav
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com