Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
No chatname registerd
15 Mar 21 21:57
| Topic/replies: 449 | Blogger: No chatname registerd's blog
What is going on, nearly, every game with Betfair's "updates?
Pause Switch to Standard View WHY haven't Betfair changed the...
Show More
Report No chatname registerd March 15, 2021 9:00 PM GMT
So they haven't acknowledged it was Half Time 8 minutes ago or stopped the clock @ 45 minutes or even changed the score.
Supposing someone only had access to Betfair and no TV and assumed it was 0/0.
Most would then, falsely, lay Liverpool @ 1/4 or 1.25  !!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- March 15, 2021 9:01 PM GMT
Pay peanuts get suspend monkeys
Report No chatname registerd March 15, 2021 9:06 PM GMT
There has only been 4 Million traded on this game in The Match Odds alone !

Betfair 61 Minutes 0/0 while BT LIVE @ 47 Minutes 0/1
Report sparrow March 16, 2021 8:22 AM GMT
Betfair just no longer have the staff to manage these markets properly anymore.
Report No chatname registerd March 16, 2021 8:03 PM GMT
Thanks for the reply Sparrow but surely they make an absolute fortune and are worth heaven only knows.

Even if we say they make just 1% Commission on that market then that is £42,000+on one market in one game and they can afford to pay for a normal service  ?

Sounds insane.
Report everyone's a winner March 16, 2021 8:09 PM GMT
it's been so ropey for years, the livescore information, i think most of us just ignore it and use flashscore or one of the others.
Report RioGrande March 16, 2021 8:10 PM GMT
The company was founded in June 2000, by Andrew Black and Edward Wray. Softbank purchased 23% of Betfair in early April 2006, valuing the company at £1.5 billion.
Net worth, Increase >£500 million (2020). Spouse(s), Jane. Children, 4. Relatives, Cyril Black. Andrew Black (born 13 May 1963) is a British entrepreneur who, together with Edward Wray
Report RioGrande March 16, 2021 8:10 PM GMT
taken from wiki, there ****g going to the moon
Report No chatname registerd March 16, 2021 8:25 PM GMT
If not to the Moon then certainly to the Rio Grande in some style.

Imagine that Newcastle v Villa game the other night when Villa scored late. Some would have backed them b4 the goal @ 10/1 say £50 to win £500. They have been known to never UNsuspend the Match Odds Market so near the end @ 1/0 Villa they could be laid @ 1/10 say £500 to lose £50 meaning a guaranteed profit of £450 either way and the market does not re-open @1/0 to facilitate that and then Newcastle equalize with their last attack and you lose your £50 and all because of a useless service..
Report sparrow March 17, 2021 7:05 AM GMT
When I said that betfair no longer had the staff I suppose I meant that they no longer had the more competent people. We see mistakes on many other sports also such as failures to withdraw non runners in horse and greyhound markets.
Report ericster March 17, 2021 10:34 AM GMT
It is ....... I suppose ....... inconvenient.
I often look at the markets and scorelines but not the teams, and they can be anywhere in the world. Having said that, looking at the mkt page of any game tells the whole story obviously, and other form-sites that I use DO have live-score, so I'm not going to place a bet without knowing what the score is.
My problem, don't if I'd call it a problem really, is that, at a glance,  I can miss a game-inplay situation because the coupon isn't up to date.
Life eh? Plain
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- March 17, 2021 12:47 PM GMT
Why bother getting a poor service, when they could
provide a good service or indeed no service.

I noticed some score service had 6 Iranian u23 games
up on lives coring, very impressive in days of covid
but... How do we know its accurate?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com