Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angoose
08 Sep 20 15:15
| Topic/replies: 24,312 | Blogger: Angoose's blog
Two of Saturday's Scottish Premiership matches will be played in front of fans after the Scottish government approved their applications to be test events.

Aberdeen's game with Kilmarnock and Ross County's meeting with Celtic will both have up to 300 spectators.

Both home clubs must ensure supporters are from their local areas and must provide a post-match report.

No fans have been in football stadiums since March, with the opening few weeks of the term played behind closed doors.

One test event has been held so far in Scotland - the Pro14 meeting of Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh at Murrayfield.

Aberdeen have also confirmed the 300 places will be allocated after a ballot of the first 7,500 fans who bought season tickets. The club will also aim to "ensure a spread of different size groups and ages".

They are also hopeful of being allowed to welcome 750 people into their game against Motherwell at Pittodrie next week.

Sports minister Joe FitzPatrick said "nothing should be taken for granted" and that the pilot matches would be "under close review".

Rangers had previously been told they would be unable to host test events until local Covid-19 restrictions are lifted in Glasgow, and St Mirren are now in a similar position after measures were applied in Renfrewshire.

Speaking before the news was confirmed, Ross County manager Stuart Kettlewell said it would be a significant marker in the return to some kind of normality in football.

"I know fans are desperate to get back in," he said. "I know a lot of folk will still miss out but I think that small step would be massive for the game.

"They are very, very loyal and even to get a small percentage of them in will be a huge boost to the players and to myself."

A further Scottish government update on when fans might return to stadiums more widely is expected from First Minister Nicola Sturgeon on 10 September.
Pause Switch to Standard View Some Fans To Attend SPL Matches This...
Show More
Report feedthepony September 8, 2020 4:31 PM BST
Only in Scotland - 2 teams break the rules - Aberdeen and Celtic.

What 2 teams get rewarded??

I know it'll be Ross County fans only so not that bothered about Celtic but an absolute disgrace Aberdeen get a boost here
Report milla446 September 8, 2020 7:06 PM BST
"absolute disgrace" LaughLaughLaugh It's 300 people FFS, not an extra player.

Maybe if Glaswegians stopped going to house parties they'd get to watch football too.
Report Angoose September 8, 2020 7:26 PM BST
They can only approve applications put before them.
Report Roger Rover September 11, 2020 8:05 AM BST
back to zero fans
Report feedthepony September 11, 2020 10:25 AM BST
Test events still going ahead.

Governments just making things up as they go eh
Report feedthepony September 11, 2020 10:28 AM BST
Rules to go:

Wear the mask
Don't shout
Don't sing/chant

Peachy eh
Report feedthepony September 11, 2020 10:28 AM BST
See the Lens boys in the crowd jump all over their players yesterday when they scored against PSG - that'll happen here and our political overlords will use it as an excuse to blame football fans for Covid-19
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com