Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
08 Aug 20 11:11
| Topic/replies: 4,149 | Blogger: darren_discombobulates_sports's blog
should not have been in play yesterday, Juventus were knocked out by away goals, yet Lyon scored in front of an empty stadium, Juventus had no home advantage.

even in general, should be done away with it, it wont lead to negative football in this day and age, managers at top clubs are usually sacked for being negative, very few teams like Atletico the exception, most managers are expected by chairman and fans to play attractive attacking football anyway, who wants to go through with a draw, extra time provides more drama, more value for money with the fans and sponsors. Tottenham got to the final having drawn the quarters and semis'.
Pause Switch to Standard View Away goals rule
Show More
Report funkymonkey August 8, 2020 11:59 AM BST
Good point regarding the Juventus game. Same scenario for all the second legs though, technically a disadvantage to all the home sides. Personally I never liked the away goal rule. Always feels like someone just gets lucky, doesn't feel entirely earned somehow. That said, Sarri needs to own the fact that over 2 legs Juve had so much more quality all over the park and fluffed it. Only themselves to blame.
Report CLYDEBANK29 August 8, 2020 1:33 PM BST
Could go half way and away goals only count after extra time like the League Cup.  Then you get the added excitement of more games going into extra time.  Any changes should be on a trial basis, as I think it would lead to more negative football personally.  I get the point about luck.  But football is so popular because luck plays such a big part in.
Report CLYDEBANK29 August 8, 2020 1:37 PM BST
Just have to take the L16 round.  Atalanta Leipzig and Man City fully deserved to win.  PSG was a coin toss whilst Lyon and Athletico got lucky.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 8, 2020 1:57 PM BST
First legs were played with away goals rule so hard to get out of it.

Away goals was useful back in the day, maybe its a little outdated,
But is there a better tie breaker.
Report thurnscoe thunder August 8, 2020 2:18 PM BST
If it has to be away goals then fine, the one thing i detest about them and completely needs scraping is the fact that if its all level after 2 legs we play 30 mins of added time, and away goals count in that ??? Away team scores once in extra time instantly the home team is massively disadvantaged, totally unfair given the home team didnt get an extra 30 mins in the first leg to score another away goal.
Report tobermory August 9, 2020 2:18 AM BST
But they do get 120 mins at home compared to opponents 90
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com