Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
themover
13 Jul 20 09:47
| Topic/replies: 53,043 | Blogger: themover's blog
You know who you are.

Maybe I should go through the threads and copy and paste some of the comments made about City over the years.
Pause Switch to Standard View A thread for fans of other clubs to...
Show More
Report thelatarps July 13, 2020 9:49 AM BST
Never in doubt as far as I was concerned Mov

All I can say as a spurs fan is, Get the fluck in!
Eat Sh1t Uefa
Report rommel July 13, 2020 9:50 AM BST
we await th copy n paste sh*tstorm
Report themover July 13, 2020 9:53 AM BST
It will take me a while to find them all Laugh But here's one from rothko just yesterday.

rothko • July 12, 2020 11:58 AM BST
they lied to UEFA so not only are they cheats they are liars as well

should be a 4 year ban imho
Report rommel July 13, 2020 9:56 AM BST
slightly off there roth
Report rommel July 13, 2020 10:00 AM BST
just you boys gird em for madrid-real test
Report rommel July 13, 2020 10:01 AM BST
just looked,fri 7th august,v odd
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 13, 2020 10:09 AM BST
£10 million fine, what's that about, ffs
Report themover July 13, 2020 10:13 AM BST
rothko • February 14, 2020 7:01 PM GMT
the mover argued that they hadnt breached the FFP rules when a blind man could see that they had
It was the German newspaper who first exposed their lies

they should be striped of all the trophies they have won just like drug cheats
Fraudiola will leave De Bruyne wont wait 2 years

rothko • February 14, 2020 7:04 PM GMT
they laundered money through the club like a drugs cartel

tobermory • February 14, 2020 7:38 PM GMT
City are guilty no doubt.

SontaranStratagem • February 14, 2020 7:44 PM GMT
Good to see FFP not just being a weapon against the big clubs

These cants have been taking the utter Michael for years along with other clubs spending beyond their means, PSG being another that should get the heave ho

Angoose • February 15, 2020 10:56 AM GMT
They lied to EUFA and are now upset that they have been caught lying.

Angoose • February 15, 2020 11:09 AM GMT
Have you seen all of the evidence?
I suspect not.

UEFA, and their lawyers have.

That the evidence was obtained by a hacker doesn't change the facts.
City have been given ample opportunity to prove that Etihad were the sole source of funding.

They have clearly been unable to do so.

rothko • February 15, 2020 1:17 PM GMT
if they hadn't lied an held their hands up they would have only got a one year
it was their grubby lying and non cooperation that peed UEFA off

Angoose • February 15, 2020 5:02 PM GMT
That this has become a battle of the lawyers is a sad state of affairs for the beautiful game Sad
That Manchester City sought to mislead UEFA is a matter of fact.

Angela Rebecchi • February 16, 2020 4:51 PM GMT
They are an embarrassing club and laughing stock. Plastics. Look at that boy Foden, can't get a match as Pep wants to have £100m ready made players instead.
Report themover July 13, 2020 10:19 AM BST
charwell. • November 6, 2018 4:59 PM GMT
Shamchester City.

Using that pathetic fat hack as your reference point Mover is laughable. Not sure how many pies he was paid to write that by Mansour but City and UEFA are corrupt, cheating feckers.

That Simon Cliff sounds a right ****. First celebrating the death of an UEFA official who was investigating City's cheating and then Behind closed doors, they began looking for "creative solutions" to circumvent the rules, resulting in the launch of a secret project with the rather military-esque name "Project Longbow." In explaining the name, the club's chief legal adviser, Simon Cliff, noted in an internal email that the longbow was "the weapon the English used to beat the French at Crecy and Agincourt." For Man City club leadership, the enemy was apparently Michel Platini, the French UEFA president, and his signature project, FFP.

Just as everyone who suspected not aligned to that plastic club was when their wages soared way past the £200 million then miraculously dropped under £200 million the next results even after handing new contracts to Kompany Aguero and Silva and signing Sterling.

Fordham was the company house that took a chunk of those wages it seems diverted to the tax haven British Virgin Islands created by a disgraced tax dodging Tory donor.

A pathetic club who can't sell out when you are practically giving the tickets away. A 'questionable' ownership with glaring human rights questions to ask. Basically City have bought their success and are being used by the so called state to try and legitimise their operations.

If my club were owned and ran like this I would seriously give up the game.
Report themover July 13, 2020 10:20 AM BST
charwell. • November 7, 2018 2:24 AM GMT
Mover - for owner read 'state.' Also, City have completely rode roughshod over the FPP rules and have lied about it. And laughed about the death of a UEFA official investigating it!! City are a nothing of a club in reality and can't even fill their ground despite having one of the best teams in Europe. FFP wouldn't protect City as your revenues are outweighed by your expenditure; hence the cooking of the books.
Report themover July 13, 2020 10:22 AM BST
charwell. • November 8, 2018 5:47 PM GMT
Just because you obviously don't agree with FFP Mover it doesn't mean you can be above the rules like you seem to think. City connived and cheated to stay relevant. Akin to a child taking home their ball if the other lads don't let him win.

City are just a doped up tin pot club with very questionable ownership. My final say on the matter so talk to yourself.
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 13, 2020 10:24 AM BST
City are just a doped up tin pot club with very questionable ownership. My final say on the matter so talk to yourself.

To be fair, that's still spot on.
Report themover July 13, 2020 10:39 AM BST
Laugh
Report darren_discombobulates_sports July 13, 2020 10:41 AM BST
taxi for angooseShocked
Report themover July 13, 2020 10:52 AM BST
Shame, he hasn't even got over Brexit yet Laugh
Report peeler July 13, 2020 7:15 PM BST
Strange ruling if innocent why fined because of failure to cooperate.If innocent surely you would cooperate with investigation.Green light for football clubs to spend spend spend.
Report mcfc1981 July 13, 2020 7:41 PM BST

Jul 13, 2020 -- 1:15PM, peeler wrote:

Strange ruling if innocent why fined because of failure to cooperate.If innocent surely you would cooperate with investigation.Green light for football clubs to spend spend spend.

in UEFA eyes City were already guilty .....why would City show their hand?

better to go to court and make fools of UEFA

Report mcfc1981 July 13, 2020 7:44 PM BST
https://www.captiongenerator.com/1906412/City-banned-from-the-Champions-leag...
Report 1st time poster July 13, 2020 8:51 PM BST
different but related subject, fans of other clubs might think barca,madrid have won trophies with players/managers only playing for them .because of aggresive tax avoidance schemes which may have helped lure players and managers
big loser here brendan rogers going to see in next 3 games what a squad of chucker,s  he,s got ,when things dont go their way
Report lurka July 14, 2020 7:28 AM BST
Best to wait for the full judgment.

Courts in the UK generally don't find parties 'innocent' nor are they asked to.

It will not lead to a spending free for all unless it leads to a cooking the books free for all, which it might now as other clubs might feel that is necessary to compete with PSG and City. This has already happened at some of the big Euro clubs once they saw how easily City and PSG were circumventing the rules. The rules are even tighter nowadays than they were during the period in question.

It might feel like a victory for City but the real big clubs are not going to be happy with UEFA or the rules. It might end up with even tighter rules on sponsorships and the removal of the limitation period in cases where it can be shown that lies were told, for example.
Report sparrow July 14, 2020 8:36 AM BST
A really sad thread that sums up the state of the game today. Could someone explain why it would be unfair for all clubs to be on an equal footing with regard to a transfer budget in the Premier League?
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 14, 2020 10:37 AM BST
Not sure about a transfer budget but a workable salary cap would be nice. We do desperately need some kind of parity to stop the boom and bust culture and make the league more interesting (and I'm speaking as a fan of one of the mega-clubs who've done the most to make this season as uninteresting as possible!).

The problem is getting it to work. As with the Football Leaks' document release, City and others will always find clever ways of subverting the rules. The club may be paying the required amount but the players will all have businesses set up in St Kitts who are paid millions in consultancy and image rights for Ettihad Airways etc etc.

I can understand City fans celebrating this news but it's now open season on yet more greed and dodgy accounting which is a bit of a shame really.
Report thelatarps July 14, 2020 11:25 AM BST
I am sorry but I celebrated City's success in the court because as far as I can see it can only be seen as good news.
For everyone but a select few clubs who want to turn top flight football into a private cartel.
I am a spurs fan and there is a lot of parallels between us and city.
The EPL is the best soccer league in the world because it has allowed the likes of Jack Walker, Roman, Sheikh Mansour to invest in it.
Without them we would be like scotland or all the other dross leagues in europe.
Maybe a battle between Man Utd and Arsenal with liverpool playing the role af Atletico Madrid.

Yes there are huge problems with soccer financing but curtailing the ability of City to compete at the top table is no remedy at all.
If Uefa were serious about reform they would introduce a salary cap in their competitions.
But they are afraid to do that because the likes of Bayern, Real and Juve would threaten a breakaway.
Fluck em I say
Let them go.
See how they get on if Uefa ban them from all competitive football in Europe.
Greedy fluckers
Report themover July 14, 2020 11:33 AM BST

Jul 14, 2020 -- 2:36AM, sparrow wrote:

A really sad thread that sums up the state of the game today. Could someone explain why it would be unfair for all clubs to be on an equal footing with regard to a transfer budget in the Premier League?

Pick a figure, let's say £200m. Can every club in the Premier League afford to spend £200m? If not then lower the figure to one that everyone can afford..I guess that would be around £50m? (maybe less?) At £50m all of the top players end up in Spain, Germany and Italy and the Premier League becomes a second division in European terms. TV money, sponsorship goes with it.

Report sparrow July 14, 2020 11:34 AM BST
PorcupineorPineapple
14 Jul 20 10:37
| Topic/replies: 9,963 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
Not sure about a transfer budget but a workable salary cap would be nice

Yes of course a salary cap to go with an equal transfer budget. We need to get back to proper competition rather than 5 or 6 clubs dominating everything through their ability to purchase all the best players from other clubs.
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 14, 2020 11:45 AM BST
Indeed. The takk of Walker, Roman et al is specious. They've not made it more competitive. You don't have to go that far back to see the likes of Spurs, Leeds, Villa, Forest, Everton all competing at the top both here and abroad because the gap between rich and poor wasn't so big. The best teams were simply those with the best managers, coaches and scouts.
Report themover July 14, 2020 11:53 AM BST
I can't remember the last time those clubs mentioned won the league. I can remember Leicester City winning it a few years ago though.
Report sparrow July 14, 2020 12:05 PM BST
I also remember the comments on here throughout that season Leicester won.  The supporters of the big 6 clubs were whining from start to finish beginning by saying it would all be over by Christmas for Leicester and then they said they must be on drugs and finally accusing other clubs for letting them win games. It was great for the game but we all knew it would never happen again which is why some punters secured 5000/1 that incredible season.
Report themover July 14, 2020 1:53 PM BST
A 5000/1 shot never won the league back in the days when everyone is saying it was more competitive. I recall Liverpool dominating for a decade, then United, then Chelsea joined the party, then City. Spurs got to a Champions League final and generally speaking English clubs are doing as well in Europe as they were 20-30 years ago. Arsenal were hovering around for ages in the top 4, picking up an FA Cup here and there. At the moment there's two stand out teams but that can change pretty quickly.
Report sparrow July 14, 2020 2:07 PM BST
For mamy football fans it isn't all about Europe at all and that is the problem with the state of the game now in this country. Alf Ramsey became our international manager after winning the title with Ipswich and that sort of thing is no longer possible along with England ever winning the World Cup again.
Report sparrow July 14, 2020 2:12 PM BST
*For many
Report darren_discombobulates_sports July 14, 2020 2:15 PM BST
it would only change if those two clubs stop spending as much,

Current squads cost

1) Manchester City - €1.014bn
2) Manchester United - €751m
3) Liverpool - €639m
4) Chelsea - €561m
5) Arsenal - €498m
6) Everton - €486m
7) Tottenham Hotspur - €465m
8) Leicester City - €312m
9) West Ham United - €259m
10) Newcastle United - €227m
11) Southampton - €218m
12) Wolverhampton Wanderers - €217m
13) Bournemouth - €215m
14) Aston Villa - €214m
15) Crystal Palace - €208m
16) Brighton & Hove Albion - €192m
17) Watford - €189m
18) Burnley - €132m
19) Sheffield United - €64m
20) Norwich City - €32m

Based on that
Manchester City should be winning the league every single year
No surprise Norwich are relegated
Chris Wilder and Sean Dyche Continue to do excellent jobs punching way above their financial weight
Watford, Brighton, Southampton, Newcastle are roughly where they should be.
West Ham are massively underperforming

You can make allowances for United atm because they've a new manager who's squad was largely bought by other managers, Klopp and Pep have been here 5 seasons now, Klopp pound for pound has outperformed Pep last two seasons.
Report themover July 15, 2020 3:45 PM BST
Not a single apology from any of the posters that assumed City were guilty of inflating sponsorship donations and were happy to point the finger. Angoose on another thread at least had the decency to say he got it horribly wrong. As for the other posters, maybe wait until City get their chance in court next time someone points the finger. It won't be long before the next accusations are made against City, it's the way it's been since our current owners took over.
Report sparrow July 15, 2020 4:03 PM BST
Apologise to a bunch of clever lawyers acting for clubs ruining the game.........no chance.
Report Shanelee1966 July 15, 2020 5:13 PM BST
No one will apologise to Man City, a boring club supported by nasal Mancs who think they are the North..
Report duffy July 15, 2020 5:36 PM BST
The decision doesn't admonish them from guilt, not proved and timed out basically.

FFP is dead though, Newcastle United European champions within the next few years.
Report pushkin99 July 15, 2020 5:55 PM BST
Clearly City were not exonerated, they have still been fined 10M euros after all.

But as others have pointed out, FFP seems like a good idea, only for clever lawyers and accountants to stay one step ahead and find the loopholes.

Very interesting squad spend table there DDS. It is pretty clear who is outperforming and under performing. Or those managers who add value, or conversely are stealing a living (though those would probably not take any responsibility and blame others for their predicament.)
Report mcfc1981 July 15, 2020 6:25 PM BST
MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS
SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS

City have been exonerated from the charges which led to the 2 year ban

DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE
UEFA AUTHORITIES

hence the £9m fine...City believed UEFA had them guilty before the investigation took place
Report darren_discombobulates_sports July 15, 2020 6:45 PM BST
9 million to the Sheikhs is like a £50 fine to us.
Report pushkin99 July 15, 2020 6:47 PM BST
Just to re-iterate, FFP is a great idea but:

It is all just smoke and mirrors with clever lawyers and accountants finding loopholes and disguising ways to get round FFP. I am sure all the clubs with the biggest resources, including mine, do this to a greater or lesser extent.

I am sure it will be just the same if a salary cap were introduced, or there were limits on transfer budgets.
Report mcfc1981 July 15, 2020 6:53 PM BST
ttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8523111/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Hate...
Report mcfc1981 July 15, 2020 6:58 PM BST
FFP is about making nothing fair.

if we want fair how about we go back to sharing gate receipts? share all champions league money equally between prem clubs?

nah didn't think so.....none of the top clubs would vote for that City included
Report lurka July 15, 2020 11:51 PM BST
FFP is about making it fair. It's about spending within your means. Some clubs have more money because they've been well run and successful for decades and have large support and revenues, other clubs wheel and deal in the transfer market and bridge the gap fairly. Nothing whatsoever unfair about that.

Being backed by a petrostate distorts the market for all the clubs who do things fairly. City are not a well run club at all. Never have been really. Still don't operate within their means. Some clubs are just bigger than you, it's not an unfair advantage, it's taken them decades of being more successful and better than you to get there.

The notion of other fans apologising to City shows how deluded their fans are. It's as if they think the CAS found them innocent when a court isn't even asked to do that. Some of the content in those emails was nothing short of scumbag behaviour. And City actually came out and confirmed they were legit by saying they were taken out of context. That was smart.

I just hope they tighten up the FFP rules even more now and have bans for non-compliance with the process. UEFA seem incompetent but I wouldn't imagine the real big clubs are going to take it lying down. Mightn't end up as the sweet victory that some City fans think it is.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports July 16, 2020 12:14 AM BST
Barcelona and Real have both received illegal state subsidies in the past, also benefitted was from tax breaks, for some reasons, think to do with 'not for profit status'? most Spanish clubs had to offload players to offset debt yet the big 2 were allowed hundreds of millions of euro's worth of debt and still allowed to keep buying.
Report rothko July 16, 2020 10:35 AM BST
great post Lurka totally agree
Report mcfc1981 July 16, 2020 11:11 AM BST

Jul 15, 2020 -- 5:51PM, lurka wrote:

FFP is about making it fair. It's about spending within your means. Some clubs have more money because they've been well run and successful for decades and have large support and revenues, other clubs wheel and deal in the transfer market and bridge the gap fairly. Nothing whatsoever unfair about that. Being backed by a petrostate distorts the market for all the clubs who do things fairly. City are not a well run club at all. Never have been really. Still don't operate within their means. Some clubs are just bigger than you, it's not an unfair advantage, it's taken them decades of being more successful and better than you to get there. The notion of other fans apologising to City shows how deluded their fans are. It's as if they think the CAS found them innocent when a court isn't even asked to do that. Some of the content in those emails was nothing short of scumbag behaviour. And City actually came out and confirmed they were legit by saying they were taken out of context. That was smart. I just hope they tighten up the FFP rules even more now and have bans for non-compliance with the process. UEFA seem incompetent but I wouldn't imagine the real big clubs are going to take it lying down. Mightn't end up as the sweet victory that some City fans think it is.

Man utd the biggest club in England possibly the world would not exist if it wasn't for a local businessman ploughing money into the club in the 1930s
Was that fair?
At that time City had higher average crowds then Utd

Report lurka July 17, 2020 11:26 PM BST
Yes it was fair. Any owner could have done it at any club. There were no rules against it.
Report mcfc1981 July 18, 2020 9:23 AM BST

Jul 17, 2020 -- 5:26PM, lurka wrote:

Yes it was fair. Any owner could have done it at any club. There were no rules against it.

And City have been found not guilty of breaking FFP rules by CAS .....So what is your issue?

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com