Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
15 Jun 20 07:55
| Topic/replies: 17,201 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
i actually like marcus, but the interview i saw a bit on the news this morning was pathetic.
It seems its about the gov to continue paying low paid families dinner money to kids over school holidays, now let me tell you marcus, people with kids these days ARE NOT POOR, compared to some single people without kids, and the families with kids around my area, do not deserve any more , do you actually know where this money actually goes, no not on kids dinner, but on booze, drugs cigs.
marcus you and your mum with 5 kids were raking it in, even if youre mum was working or not , with the full tax credits etc that were covering all kids then , you werent short, my actual sister in law had 4 kids ,and me and my missus were working full time with one kid,  she was  getting loads more than us, we couldnt believe it. so marcus get into the real world, youve been pampered mate, just one thing i was on the dole few years back, single  and couldnt find work anywere then, i had to live on the equivilent of around  £ 70 per week to pay everything.
Pause Switch to Standard View Poor marcus rashford
Show More
Report twizzle22 June 15, 2020 9:44 AM BST
Well said elis..unfortunately in this twisted world you will be branded as a racist because you dared to criticise a black man.Sad
Report ericster June 15, 2020 10:32 AM BST
I new a bloke years ago, had four kids, out of work but seriously looking for work, he was no slouch. He told me once about how he'd attended a job interview, got the job, shook hands on it, see you on Monday etc. but when he and his wife sat down and did the maths, they decided that they couldn't afford for him to take that job, they would have been worse off.
Report sparrow June 15, 2020 10:54 AM BST
ericster....So in your opinion was his benefits too high or was the job very poorly paid and below the National Minimum wage and therefore illegal.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 15, 2020 11:57 AM BST
Another lad gets abuse for fighting for the poor of this country.

I don't understand what it is about Marcus rashford that would make him unpopular on betfair forum?
Report elisjohn June 15, 2020 12:19 PM BST
no abuse at all, i like marcus, but hes got it all wrong here, wanting the gov to pay more money to the layabouts over the summer hols, if it really did go to the kids dinner fair enough, there was an outcry few weeks back, they were handing the( allegedly poor) vouchers for these kids( great idea ) but  few weeks later  they decided to change it to money.
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND June 15, 2020 12:19 PM BST
I neither like or dislike Marucs Rashford. However, what cracks me up is who pays for all these things. People want testing for this, testing for that, free this free that, prescriptions that are free are costing us a fortune.  A lot of people ask for all these things without thinking....where will the money come from.
Of all the times when the Government are paying money out, left right and centre, another throws his hat into the ring.
In an ideal utopia it would be nice.
One of the first things I would do if I was in government, mimimum benefits to all households were there is no father on the birth certificate. Anyboday who signs on for benefits, and not all people are scroungers, your first claim, you will be told if any children are not on the way as you sign up, ypu will only be paid benefits on the kids you currently have, if you do not have the means, why are you having more kids, we are encouring this behaviour.
No problem if you want more......you just take responsibility. Colour is not blind to all scrounging bar stewards we have in this country.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 15, 2020 12:28 PM BST
Giving kids a hot meal ensures they are fed.

It ain't giving phones, nor money that can be spent in pubs or bookies

It's ensuring the kids get fed.

You can blame it on whatever you want, but attacking a young lad
For spotting a problem and trying to help fix it, well you really
should look at what you are saying.
Report elisjohn June 15, 2020 12:30 PM BST
you have too laugh, thats the trouble, theyre not being fed
Report elisjohn June 15, 2020 12:34 PM BST
my patner being working at school last few months off and on, some kids did come off the street for their packed lunches when voucher was provided to their parents, but when gov decided to give the parents the cash to pay for their dinner, the kids didnt turn up Surprised
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 15, 2020 12:39 PM BST
Kids get voucher now, it's stopped in summer holidays, unless they manage to get on  a limited number of schemes.

Marcus rashford wants those kids to be fed everyday. Even in holidays.

Not much the kids can do, they need folk to stand up for them and help them.
Report n88uk June 15, 2020 12:48 PM BST
Threads targeting Sterling and Rashford, I wonder what it is about them that riles this guy up Confused.
Report ericster June 15, 2020 1:23 PM BST

Jun 15, 2020 -- 4:54AM, sparrow wrote:

ericster....So in your opinion was his benefits too high or was the job very poorly paid and below the National Minimum wage and therefore illegal.

Interesting question sparrow.

I doubt that the job was too poorly paid, he had [some] pride, I don't know.

Report HGS June 15, 2020 2:04 PM BST
As a Liverpool fan, I can't praise Marcus Rashford enough for what he is achieving. A cracking example of what a young football star should be.

No child should ever go hungry. I do hear what elis is saying though with regards to the benefits system. A child should not be a golden ticket, for the feckless to increase their allowance for personal use.  Difficult problem to deal with though.
Report jamesdean June 15, 2020 3:27 PM BST
Rashford seems a good egg. Sterling however doesn't, nout to do with skin colour
Report dukeofpuke June 16, 2020 3:33 AM BST
i have no income whatsoever but i dont use foodbanks but i do use apps for freebies i use supermarket end of line, discounts end of day etc

so today cereal was £1 a box i'll get 10 servings out of that = 10p sometimes you can get milk for 10p a pint fresh probably last a few days till off even if you throw half away = 5p but got some long life pea milk for free off app got 3 bottles of 1ltre

got some gold teabags from lidl 80 bags were 97p got them gor 47p

got asda bread 10p albert bartlett potatoes 4 pack 10p sainsburys oranges 4 pack 15p

tesco ready meal pasta bake 63p was £2.50, a week ago i got 2 packs of fresh fillet steaks priced at £5+ per pack for 25p each also fresh hot lasagna £3 for 15p

you can live really cheap with a bit of effort

but i expect a busy mum with loads of kids hasnt the time if working or if not working no child care to go out all day

a mate of mine though is a pizza delivery guy in his spare time now hes retired

and he regularly delivers pizza meal deals in the £20 plus range to known council chavs on the dole with kids

and that my friends is what is called economic darwinism
Report sparrow June 16, 2020 8:44 AM BST
Boris Johnson rejects Marcus Rashford's plea for free school meals over summ

Marcus Rashford has vowed not to give up after Boris Johnson rejected a plea from the Manchester United and England striker to reconsider the government’s decision not to extend its free school meals voucher system for low-income families over the summer holiday period.

Rashford tweeted on Monday afternoon: “We aren’t beaten yet, stand strong for the 200,000 children who haven’t had a meal to eat today and keep retweeting #maketheUturn.” That post had been retweeted 13,000 times within an hour of going up with his initial letter being liked by more than 170,000 people.

A few hours later he added: “Wow, just got home from training and I’m blown away with the support. It’s not over yet, let’s keep retweeting and tagging local MPs. We need to be the voice for those 200,000 children who have no choice but to skip meals today, I refuse to give up #maketheUturn.”

Rashford has urged politicians to ensure that vulnerable pupils can continue to access the national voucher scheme, which was introduced in March to help poorer families to feed their children when schools were closed under lockdown measures.

And on Monday evening, Sir Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, announced an appeal from his party for the government “to make sure no child goes hungry this summer by funding free school meals”.

“In the long-term we need to tackle the causes of child poverty,” a Labour statement read. “Right now, we need the government to step up and make sure the 1.3 million kids don’t go hungry this summer.”

Rashford’s emotional open letter, in which he spoke powerfully about his experiences of relying on free school meals, had called on the government to reconsider the move not to extend a scheme which is worth £15 a week to recipients and has received support from education leaders and teachers’ unions.

He did receive support from the Co-op which tweeted on Monday afternoon: “We’re with you @MarcusRashford. No child should go hungry, so we’re extending our free school meals scheme throughout the summer holidays at our 25 @CoopAcademies 6,000 students who normally receive government funded free school meals will receive Co-op gift cards.”

However Downing Street has confirmed the scheme will end when the school term ends. The prime minister’s official spokesman said: “The PM understands the issues facing families across the UK, which is why last week the government announced an additional £63m for local authorities to benefit families who are struggling to afford food and other basic essentials.

“The PM will respond to Marcus Rashford’s letter as soon as he can – he has been using his profile in a positive way to highlight some very important issues.”

Kevin Courtney, joint general secretary of the National Education Union, the country’s biggest union of teachers, said the union “fully supports” Rashford’s demand to provide free school meals over the summer.

Rashford’s letter received a positive reception after being published on Sunday. “The government has taken a ‘whatever it takes’ approach to the economy – I’m asking you today to extend that same approach to protecting all vulnerable children across England,” the 22-year-old said.

“I encourage you to hear their pleas and find your humanity. Please reconsider the decision to cancel the food voucher scheme over the summer holiday period and guarantee the extension.

“This is England in 2020 and this is an issue that needs urgent assistance. Please, while the eyes of the nation are on you, make the U-turn and make protecting the lives of some of our most vulnerable a top priority.”

Rashford has partnered with FareShare, a food distribution charity which is distributing three million meals a week to vulnerable people across the country during the pandemic. Yet the striker, who explained that his family relied on similar schemes during his childhood, believes that more needs to be done and said that he would not have become an England player without access to handouts in his youth.

“Without the kindness and generosity from the community there wouldn’t be the Marcus Rashford you see today: a 22-year-old black man lucky enough to make a career playing the game I love. Wembley Stadium could have been filled more than twice with children who have had to skip meals during lockdown due to their families not being able to access food.

“This is not about politics; this is about humanity. Political affiliations aside, can we not all agree that no child should be going to bed hungry? Food poverty is a pandemic in England that could span generations if we don’t course correct now.”
Report stewarts rise June 16, 2020 10:17 AM BST
I know a young chap about late 20s/early 30s, just moved into a council house, doesn't work, is married. They have 3 kids, apparently 2 have special needs ie) one is Autistic, not sure about the other one, he has decorated the inside and outside of his house throughout to a very high standard and furnished it with top class furniture etc, and has had his front and rear garden landscaped, block paved, returfed etc. 2 cars on his new drive, apparently the people carrier is on some disablement mobility scheme for the family, and got a nice sports car for the Mrs.
To my mind if you've got 2 kids with special needs you probably wouldn't want to risk having a 4th child but no she's pregnant again, as said earlier there is no such thing as poor these days.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 16, 2020 10:30 AM BST
You know him well enough to describe the furnishings of his house but not well enough to know what's wrong with his kids.

Hmm. Let me try this post. I'm getting a hint of bullsh!t, with a little suggestion of horse crap.
Report 1st time poster June 16, 2020 10:32 AM BST
typical of Johnson/cummings taking on a subject they don't even want to win,they lose if they win the argument,
would like to see the epl,players,clubs etc stump up the 160 million and shame the government,must be tax relief under some charitable stratus as well,8 million a club
Report 1st time poster June 16, 2020 10:35 AM BST
when they've finished bailing out branson,beckhams,ramsey,balintine,they,ll get round to the kids
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 16, 2020 10:43 AM BST
To be finish, the tories have always hated football. They go with the lazy stereotype of young men earning ridiculous sums, but constantly ignore the amount of work that clubs and players do in their communities. They can't stand that.

We could really do with other players standing right behind Rashford now and making a unified Football against Child Poverty stance that will force the government into their 15th u-turn of the season.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2020 10:59 AM BST
Tory replies to his tweets, and shows herself up.

Shame, she has clearly read them but thought the best reply was to try to be clever.
Report n88uk June 16, 2020 11:01 AM BST
They will u-turn anyway. They've already u-turned about 5 times in the past few months, this will be the next u-turn.
Report 28dogs June 16, 2020 11:31 AM BST
Admirable sentiment and you can't knock that but where does it all stop?  The Govt. has spent billions supporting people, including making additional millions available to local authorities whose remit this really falls under - what are they doing with it?

Free food isn't "free" - someone has to pay for it.  What about free **** and full Sky package for the parents (or parent in most cases) while we are at it?
Report Whisperingdeath June 16, 2020 12:49 PM BST
dukeofpuke16 Jun 20 03:33

i have no income whatsoever but i dont use foodbanks but i do use apps for freebies i use supermarket end of line, discounts end of day etc

so today cereal was £1 a box i'll get 10 servings out of that = 10p sometimes you can get milk for 10p a pint fresh probably last a few days till off even if you throw half away = 5p but got some long life pea milk for free off app got 3 bottles of 1ltre

Gosh no wonder you are so hateful and full of bile most of the timeShocked just saying. Although I share you views on economic Darwinism!
Report 1st time poster June 16, 2020 1:03 PM BST
u turn completed double win for doris makes coffey look an idiot to boot
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2020 1:10 PM BST
Well done marcus
Report DIE LINKE June 16, 2020 2:17 PM BST
Worst tinder profile ever

dukeofpuke16 Jun 20 03:33Joined: 04 May 03 | Topic/replies: 13,164 | Blogger: dukeofpuke's blog

got asda bread 10p albert bartlett potatoes 4 pack 10p sainsburys oranges 4 pack 15p

tesco ready meal pasta bake 63p was £2.50, a week ago i got 2 packs of fresh fillet steaks priced at £5+ per pack for 25p each also fresh hot lasagna £3 for 15p

you can live really cheap with a bit of effort
Report SontaranStratagem June 16, 2020 3:31 PM BST
Makes you laugh

The government always gives in to "celebrities", but if the public went out and protested for this s*** they'd have batons over their facking heads eh
Report Whisperingdeath June 16, 2020 3:34 PM BST
walofs!

The Government always my a*rse!
Report aaronh June 16, 2020 3:36 PM BST
Rashford more effective than the leader of the opposition Devil

and also, this is why when they can celebrities should use their platform for good when they can
Report Whisperingdeath June 16, 2020 3:52 PM BST
more effective than both Secretaries for Health and Education. The Education Secretary cannot even get kids back to school. What a waste of space.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2020 4:03 PM BST
Defence secretaries better watch out, Marcus is in town...
Report Whisperingdeath June 16, 2020 4:19 PM BST
I wonder if Hancock might now like to take a pay cut
Report Crisp77 June 16, 2020 4:32 PM BST
Today - Government announce holiday free school meals paid for - Rashford the hero of the dressing room

Tomorrow - Government announce extra tax on high earning footballers to pay for holiday free school meals LaughLaughLaugh
Report pushkin99 June 16, 2020 4:55 PM BST
Well done Marcus Rashford, the lad has done brilliantly today.

Not without forgetting the other fund raising activities he has been undertaking in the Manchester area.

It's times like these to put our footie rivalries fully aside and just celebrate what Rashford achieved today HappyHappyHappy
Report posy June 16, 2020 5:29 PM BST
Where's my post espousing utilitarianism gone ?
Report aaronh June 16, 2020 5:47 PM BST
wonder if bootlickers like posy ever get mad about the taxpayer being robbed by the rich or only when taxes go towards helping people and doing good
Report posy June 16, 2020 5:55 PM BST
Seems to me common sense that those who bring children into the world should be able to afford to clothe and feed them .
Report aaronh June 16, 2020 5:56 PM BST
circumstances between birth and now are obviously the same in every family, very good
Report aaronh June 16, 2020 5:57 PM BST
it's a shame that your 50p of tax can't be better put to use like your wishes to gun down people you disagree with
Report dukeofpuke June 16, 2020 6:19 PM BST
talking to my 85 year old dad the other day he told me during rationing in wartime he got half an egg
Report snowynoon June 16, 2020 6:51 PM BST
half an egg !! luxury! my grandad only got half an egg shell !! and he had to share it with his 8 brothers and sisters!Laugh
Report Whisperingdeath June 16, 2020 7:24 PM BST
wonder if bootlickers like posy ever get mad about the taxpayer being robbed by the rich or only when taxes go towards helping people and doing good

Toff lickspittle think the rich can do what they want and the poor should pay them.
Report Solano1 June 16, 2020 7:42 PM BST
Well done, Marcus.
Report Solano1 June 16, 2020 7:43 PM BST
Good post, Pushkin.
Report dukeofpuke June 16, 2020 9:51 PM BST

Jun 16, 2020 -- 12:19PM, dukeofpuke wrote:

talking to my 85 year old dad the other day he told me during rationing in wartime he got half an egg

a week

Report dukeofpuke June 16, 2020 9:53 PM BST

Jun 16, 2020 -- 12:51PM, snowynoon wrote:

half an egg !! luxury! my grandad only got half an egg shell !! and he had to share it with his 8 brothers and sisters!

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TJ: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..

Report snowynoon June 16, 2020 10:00 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report toilettennisplayer June 17, 2020 9:03 AM BST
Far too many envious, hard-nosed, unfeeling, self-righteous, mean-spirited, bile-spouting ****s been posting on this thread, including (obviously) the O.P - imo .....
Report pushkin99 June 17, 2020 9:23 AM BST

Jun 17, 2020 -- 3:03AM, toilettennisplayer wrote:

Far too many envious, hard-nosed, unfeeling, self-righteous, mean-spirited, bile-spouting ****s been posting on this thread, including (obviously) the O.P - imo .....

Agreed. I really don't why they feel the need to do it.

Marcus Rashford almost single highhandedly changed the very rigid stance of the Government. I note that in interviews, Kier Starmer is trying to subliminally take credit for this in interviews, even though Labour had almost no effect in forcing this U turn.

Report sparrow June 17, 2020 11:12 AM BST
A lot easier to do a U turn to Marcus Rashford than to the leader of the opposition.
Report Biffo2010 June 17, 2020 2:11 PM BST
Fair play to Rashford. But what i want to know is who in gods name is backing him down to 2/1 for SPOTY , he wont even be in the top 3
Report Coachbuster June 17, 2020 3:48 PM BST
marcus is a good egg but it's the (us) singles on a modest wage  that do have it the hardest by far ...elis john is correct .

they even make you pay 75% of council tax ...  how is that worked out ? Confused
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com