Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SontaranStratagem
06 May 20 15:05
| Topic/replies: 35,454 | Blogger: SontaranStratagem's blog
I think we know the truth now don't we

Watch the wancors scarper after this
Pause Switch to Standard View German Football To Return This Month
Show More
Report Des Pond May 6, 2020 6:49 PM BST
Good news. Hope it goes well for them. Happy
Report morpteh mackem May 6, 2020 7:13 PM BST
wunderbar
Report ian merseyside May 6, 2020 8:14 PM BST
At long last.  Some decent sport to look forward to.  None of this virtual or recorded nonsense!
Report jamee1 May 6, 2020 8:21 PM BST
It's far too early to try this and there's no way this can last more than one round of games. Hope to be proved wrong, but I suspect this will end badly and be the catalyst for all the big leagues to cancel their seasons.
Report cardifffc May 6, 2020 8:36 PM BST
jamee...behind closed doors so i dont see why it shouldnt be fine
Report rothko May 6, 2020 9:11 PM BST
germans lead the way again - good luck to them
As long as thick idiot supporters don't start turning up at the grounds then  should be fine
Report rommel May 6, 2020 9:15 PM BST
angela is sending boris a pair
Report TheGoldenVision May 6, 2020 10:22 PM BST
Rothko... it doesn't matter about fans. In Germany it may be different but in the UK people have been told to keep a 2m distance between themselves. How do you play football in this country with that rule in place. First corner and the police go onto the pitch and warn players about their future conduct. Second corner and they fine players, third and arrests are made.

Footballers are no different than us. Otherwise, forget all the rules and we'll just mix and mingle as we please.

Over 70's have to self isolate but footballers can mingle, tackle, spit, jostle.... crazy and unworkable.
Report jamee1 May 7, 2020 1:01 AM BST
It's not just the crowds, its the players. Imagine there are 40 people per team making up the players and immediate staff, and these 40 people come into contact with another 200 people who make up their close family/friends etc. Then they play another team of another 200 people. Before you know it every player has potentially been exposed to thousands of points of contact. Then just one of these players/friends/family etc comes down with Covid and you go back down the chain and hundreds of players are put out of action for 14 days. It won't get past week 1 if it makes it that far.
Report SontaranStratagem May 7, 2020 1:18 AM BST
Just little spike and its goodnight Vienna anyway

We'll see how it plays out, this just seems far to quickly its a bit suspicious if you ask me
Report blank May 7, 2020 5:29 AM BST
The track and trace app only registers a contact if you're within 6 feet for 15 minutes, so fleeting contact outdoors in a football match isn't that high risk. When you consider hairdressers are working in Germany the risk to footballers is minimal in comparison. Shared changing rooms and facilities are probably bigger risk factors.
Report Whisperingdeath May 7, 2020 9:45 AM BST
In Germany it may be different but in the UK people have been told to keep a 2m distance between themselves. How do you play football in this country with that rule in place. First corner and the police go onto the pitch and warn players about their future conduct. Second corner and they fine players, third and arrests are made.

Have you seen the Arsenal defence since 2005?
Report ONION May 7, 2020 10:06 AM BST
.....and meanwhile London comes to a complete standstill until a vaccine is found?
Report rothko May 7, 2020 1:31 PM BST
TheGoldenVision • May 6, 2020 10:22 PM BST

Rothko... it doesn't matter about fans. In Germany it may be different but in the UK people have been told to keep a 2m distance between themselves. How do you play football in this country with that rule in place. First corner and the police go onto the pitch and warn players about their future conduct. Second corner and they fine players, third and arrests are made.

Footballers are no different than us. Otherwise, forget all the rules and we'll just mix and mingle as we please.

Over 70's have to self isolate but footballers can mingle, tackle, spit, jostle.... crazy and unworkable.

its not crazy and unworkable at all

Of course there is a risk of infection and there will be until and even if there is a vaccine. The proposals minimize that risk and that's the best they can do. They will be tested at least twice a week. They are having contact for probably 2 games a week ffs. They can even self isolate from their families if they are that scared as many other key workers have done over these last weeks. Do you think the people returning to work from next week, using public transport, working 10 hour days, are at less risk? They are going home to families as well.
The comparison with the over 70's is ridiculous. They are isolated because they are a vulnerable group and have more chance of death Crazy
How many current professional footballers, rugby players have died of Covid 19 across the world? Can you name 1? Im sick of hearing the whining and crying from ex and current footballers - its pathetic

We are celebrating the 75th anniversary of VE day and I wouldn't have wanted any of those soft spoilt brats in the trenches with me
Report Tiger Tiger May 7, 2020 2:50 PM BST
Confirmed and going ahead with the first matches Saturday the 16th May. Just nine days away. Good luck and lets hope it goes well.
Report TheGoldenVision May 7, 2020 4:33 PM BST
Rothko... I couldn't agree more with the sentiments you've expressed. Is the lockdown over the top? I don't know but the experts say not.

There are rules in place for everybody, civvies, sportsmen and women, kids et al. Those rules include 2m space seperation. That seperation exists whether you've been tested or not. Whether the tests, if taken, are clear or not. 2m seperation.

95% of the population have never had covid-19 and a small % have had it and recovered. Test that 95% and you'll probably get completely(ish) negative results. It still wouldn't matter... that seperation will still apply to everyone.

It matters not how many tests footballers have, they still need to maintain a 2m seperation and I reckon that can't be done in a game of football. That's all I'm saying.

Change the rule or relax it... who cares but you can't just ignore it, because it doesn't suit you (the football authorities that is)

Anyway, let's hope the Germans carry on with no problems... I need football!!!!!
Report layingisthewayforward May 7, 2020 4:39 PM BST
Good news. Bt sport will be covering this right ?
Report rothko May 7, 2020 7:40 PM BST
95% of the population have never had covid-19 and a small % have had it and recovered

You'd be surprised - my daughter works on front line of the NHS and out of 25% of the positive tests in her hospital are people showing no symptoms. Think it was similar for the cruise ships that were quarantined and these were mainly old people
Report morpteh mackem May 8, 2020 7:21 PM BST
dont count chickens, been a spike in germany, some towns in lockdown
Report SontaranStratagem May 9, 2020 10:08 PM BST
2 Dresden players "tested positive" and the whole team in isolation

Can't see it lasting long, one big player tests positive ala Arteta scenario and its over for another month
Report morpteh mackem May 9, 2020 10:22 PM BST
bad news, i think next weekend looks unlikely.
Report n88uk May 9, 2020 11:43 PM BST
Germany are miles ahead on testing and contact tracing vs eg. UK makes it much easier to play though. To play you basically need to be able to repeatedly test footballers for rest of season. Only really South Korea of major countries have also managed this.
Report n88uk May 9, 2020 11:44 PM BST
South Korea are even further ahead in terms of contact tracing too.
Report Angoose May 10, 2020 9:20 AM BST
Germany’s plans to restart competitive football next Saturday suffered an early setback after the entire Dynamo Dresden team were placed in a two-week quarantine following two positive coronavirus tests among the players.

The Bundesliga 2 club announced on their website that tests taken on Friday had revealed two new positive cases and local health authorities had ordered the team into quarantine. Dresden were scheduled to play Hannover 96 next Sunday in their first game back following the stoppage caused by the coronavirus outbreak.

“After an intensive analysis of the situation, the health authority in Dresden … decided on Saturday that the entire second division squad, including the coaching and support team, must now go into a 14-day quarantine at home,” the club said. “Due to the quarantine measures, [we] will not be able to travel to Lower Saxony for the away game on matchday 26 as planned.”

Dynamo’s sporting director, Ralf Minge, said: “In the past few weeks, we have made enormous efforts in terms of personnel and logistics in order to strictly implement all the prescribed medical and hygienic measures. We are in contact with the responsible health authority and the DFL [German Football League] to coordinate all further steps. The fact is that we can neither train nor participate in the game in the next 14 days.”

The Bundesliga announced this week that it would restart on 16 May after the government gave its approval. The league has drawn up a detailed set of regulations and guidelines for training and matches to reduce the risk of transmitting the virus, including stringent testing. However, the question of how to respond to positive tests is out of the hands of the league as German law states any response to cases is a matter for the local health authority.

The league has been on hold since mid-March because of the coronavirus outbreak which has brought football to a standstill around the world and Germany’s progress is being closely watched by other leagues.

On Monday, the DFL said it had registered 10 positive cases in a blanket test of 1,724 players and staff at its 36 first and second division clubs.
Report onlooker May 10, 2020 11:39 AM BST
Well there you go...

"The fact is that we can neither train nor participate in a game in the next 14 days," said Dynamo.
------------

- and, the Premier League are going to play all their remaining 92 games - without a hitch

'Pull the other one'.
Report rothko May 10, 2020 1:10 PM BST
who's saying that everything will go without a hitch
ffs we are in the middle of a fecking global pandemic
the only thing is to minimize the risk as much as possible - until there is a vaccine there will always be risk
players who test positive can self isolate like the rest of the population have to
good luck to the germans I hope they manage to pull it off - the alternative is a lot more clubs going into administration and a lot of unemployed ex professional footballers - they could do some fruit picking
Report blank May 10, 2020 2:21 PM BST
They could have trained individually or in bubbles, so if 1 tested positive it's just them or a bubble of 3 or 4 that needs to isolate. This approach would affect quality though and Dresden are bottom of the league so they aren't going to compromise.
Report SontaranStratagem May 10, 2020 6:21 PM BST
Nah can't see this lasting long sadly Sad

5 players in Spain "tested positive" today, no chance this lasts longer than a fortnight
Report thelatarps May 10, 2020 10:15 PM BST
Well, if we are going to be waiting for a vaccine then we are going to be waiting a long time. 18 months isnt it?
No football club is going to pay a multi million dollar yearly pay roll to their players for that length of time.
The clubs are going to have to attempt a resumption else the business just folds.
I would imagine in this circumstance plenty of veteran players who have made a nice living off the game could probably just call it a day.
Tho judging by the way some of them have been adhering to the lockdown guidelines, it may not be that much of a problem.
Report rothko May 11, 2020 11:18 AM BST
and when the furlough scheme ends players in the leagues below PL wont be paid
So clubs would be effectively mothballed for months and would have to start up from scratch
I imagine some PL clubs may go under as well as they have players on longer contracts that they could not afford to pay
Report bigH May 11, 2020 11:23 AM BST
....Dynamo’s sporting director, Ralf Minge,

that brightened my day considerably
Report ericster May 11, 2020 2:39 PM BST
If/when the Bundesliga DOES return, the form-book goes out of the window so I don't know if I'd want to get involved with it anyway. Better to let them get into a new season I think. Treat any of these catch up games ( if there are any ) as pre-season.
Report morpteh mackem May 11, 2020 3:31 PM BST
would look at backing goals especially if social distancing is still in mindset.
Report ericster May 11, 2020 4:19 PM BST
Interesting comment there mackem. I'm sure there will be more than a few players thinking about that.
Report morpteh mackem May 11, 2020 4:47 PM BST
aye, it was sort of tongue in cheek but might be an element of viability in it.
Report ffaith May 11, 2020 5:49 PM BST
Belarus and Nicaragua have carried on regardless.  No players have tested positive, no deaths.  I am sure someone can explain this away.  If you go by the official narrative shouldn't they be dropping like flies?  I am probably too thick to undestand virus politics.
Report morpteh mackem May 11, 2020 5:53 PM BST
its because there's no threat of relegation
Report ericster May 11, 2020 7:01 PM BST

May 11, 2020 -- 11:49AM, ffaith wrote:

Belarus and Nicaragua have carried on regardless.

Report moisok May 11, 2020 8:22 PM BST
lack of money for hairdos  sharpens the mind
Report morpteh mackem May 13, 2020 9:01 AM BST
bt covering all games on saturday afternoon.
Report ffaith May 15, 2020 12:35 PM BST
Clarification needed.  Does this mean we can stop pretending we enjoy watching Belarus soccah?   Ta
Report morpteh mackem May 15, 2020 1:08 PM BST
belarus and nicaragua are so last lockdown
Report ericster May 15, 2020 1:22 PM BST
Lol mackem.
Report duffy May 15, 2020 1:24 PM BST
ffaith 15 May 20 11:35 
Clarification needed.  Does this mean we can stop pretending we enjoy watching Belarus soccah?   Ta
Laugh
Report ericster May 15, 2020 1:30 PM BST

May 15, 2020 -- 7:24AM, duffy wrote:

ffaith 15 May 20 11:35  Clarification needed.  Does this mean we can stop pretending we enjoy watching Belarus soccah?   Ta

No complaints here duffy.

Like someone said in another thread, DAFFODIL I think, it focuses the mind. Fewer games cultivates a familiarity with the workings of the markets therein imo.Or at least it SHOULD do.

Report duffy May 15, 2020 1:41 PM BST
I've still got a headache after watching one of Juventus Managua's home games, it looked like a bunch of five aside pitches spliced together with markings all over the shop, it seemed wider than it was long, no wonder they have a decent home record.Grin
Report ian merseyside May 15, 2020 3:45 PM BST
How is the German 2nd division managing to do this behind closed doors?  I can't imagine our Championship doing similar with no money coming in.  If I understand correctly, once you start playing again the furlough ends, so clubs have to pay the players but don't have any income.  That's the reason why League 1 and 2 clubs don't want the restart, unless they have a chance of promotion.
Report ericster May 16, 2020 9:52 AM BST
It's on then.
Report leazes67 May 16, 2020 2:54 PM BST
total of 130 minutes played and no goals.
Report duffy May 16, 2020 3:15 PM BST
What is clear is that you need fans even if you are watching at home, just feels like you're watching friendlies, this is going to be desperate for the next few months, yes it's better than nothing but not by as much as you'd think.
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 3:20 PM BST
Yeah don't see the point in this, can't see people bothering until fans are allowed back in the stadium

Horse Racing is a bit different because you only really hear the crowd in the final 2 or 3 furlongs and if needs be you can play real crowd noise over the tannoy/TV feed if we're getting picky

Horse Racing wont be a problem but football needs fans
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 3:21 PM BST
Personally after watching the first half of the Augsburg game I'd just cancel it until fans are allowed back Sad

How long they been back in training as well?
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 3:24 PM BST
Just checked the matched money in that game though and 526,000 quid matched Laugh

I'm assuming Dortmund has a lot more matched
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 3:25 PM BST
Oh... 4.2m matched in the Dortmund game

Maybe people have missed it CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report duffy May 16, 2020 3:31 PM BST
Yeah racing will be fine, nothing from within a race is affected by the crowd, the excitement of placing a bet won't be altered when you're sat at home riding a finish if spectators are there or not.Grin
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 3:36 PM BST
Football needs fans that much is obvious

I said that when Serie A went behind closed doors

This is turgid stuff Sad
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 3:43 PM BST
Like Augsburg just equilise and nothing Sad

Just ran back to the middle and off we go, no fans going berserk and no adrenaline from scoring for the home team, no celebration

YES!!! football needs fans
Report morpteh mackem May 16, 2020 4:05 PM BST
nice 3rd goal from hertha
Report duffy May 16, 2020 4:06 PM BST
nice header from leipzig
Report duffy May 16, 2020 4:23 PM BST
VAR alive and well Crazy
Report ian merseyside May 16, 2020 5:03 PM BST
I wish someone would quarantine VAR.  Completely ruined the end of the Freiburg match.
Report pushkin99 May 16, 2020 5:16 PM BST
VAR cost me a few quid today. When Frieberg made it 2-1 I green up for a very tidy profit. Only to reversed. Same thing happened to me when Augsburg took the lead to make it 2-1 earlier, with salt rubbed into the wound with Wolfsburg scoring an injury time winner..
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 6:07 PM BST
VAR needs to get covid 19
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 6:14 PM BST
What I did find rather funny was the touchline 2m rule, yet coming out for the 2nd half they were walking side by side and jumping all over each other during the match LaughLaughCrazyCrazy

Come on lets just end this nonsense
Report loui May 16, 2020 7:51 PM BST
Over 2.5  acca destroyed by var in freiberg game. If he wouldn't have had a Mullet he was onside
Report morpteh mackem May 16, 2020 7:53 PM BST
was it alan biley ?
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2020 7:57 PM BST
I didn't see it loui

But at least it gives us something else to moan about I guess, 2 months of seething about the other joke of an event has done me in Crazy
Report loui May 16, 2020 10:54 PM BST
Alan Biley= Legendary Mullet. Had to be related to Wurzel Gummidge. Sontaran he.looked level, forward nearer to goal looked offside, but the microscope nailed him, I think.
Report duffy May 17, 2020 6:06 AM BST
If the season did get voided at least all the VAR nonsense would have been voided with it.

Void

All

Results
Report ericster May 17, 2020 9:44 AM BST

May 16, 2020 -- 9:43AM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

Like Augsburg just equilise and nothing Just ran back to the middle and off we go, no fans going berserk and no adrenaline from scoring for the home team, no celebration YES!!! football needs fans

I disagree, do we REALLY need all that crowd-violence and players hugging and kissing? Ugh! All eyes on the football, wouldn't THAT be something. It become a sport. Now would be THAT be something else.

Report rothko May 17, 2020 12:15 PM BST
SontaranStratagem • May 16, 2020 7:57 PM BST

I didn't see it loui

But at least it gives us something else to moan about I guess, 2 months of seething about the other joke of an event has done me in

if its getting to you that much just switch it off and stop crying
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com