Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angela Rebecchi
03 Nov 19 20:15
| Topic/replies: 41,607 | Blogger: Angela Rebecchi's blog
Consistently overlooked at the likes of Arsenal and United though patently one of the best managers out there. Would he make the move now if offered?
Pause Switch to Standard View The curious case of Brendan Rodgers
Show More
Report sofiakenny November 3, 2019 11:06 PM GMT
yes
Report Capt__F November 3, 2019 11:43 PM GMT
depends on his tEEth too much imo
Report sofaking November 3, 2019 11:55 PM GMT
Would've liked him at Spurs. Unfortunately Leicester got there first.
Report SontaranStratagem November 4, 2019 12:08 AM GMT
Should have been given the Chelsea job instead of Sarri in my opinion

Man Ure I wouldn't bother, they are a mess at the moment

Spurs on the other hand I'd jump at it, the stadium the facilities etc are top notch, great foundation
Report inner city sumo November 4, 2019 12:44 PM GMT
Wasted his time going to Celtic. Should have waited for a Leicester type job instead, and he'd now be a further job on at a Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 4, 2019 1:04 PM GMT
Was a great decision to go to Celtic made his cv a winning one and gave him cl experience good coach arsenal should have got him to replace winger
Report inner city sumo November 4, 2019 1:27 PM GMT
No disrespect to the Scottish League, but wins up there with Celtic or Rangers don't count for anything. You can only beat what's in front of you, it's just that what's in front of him were often sides who would struggle in English League 2. He had European experience already with Liverpool. The only thing he could have done to enhance his CV from Scotland was win the Europa or get to the Quarters onwards in the Champions League.
Report ffaith November 4, 2019 2:52 PM GMT
He won nothing at Liverpool despite having Suarez and sterling.  Winning with Celtic is like winning with PSG.  The dice heavily stacked in their favour.
The hype about this man is incredible.  His Leicester may or may not be best of the rest but the rest are at best average
Report duffy November 4, 2019 2:54 PM GMT
Good coach no doubt but the Liverpool docu and the "envelopes" combined with a touch of the David Brent's will never leave him IMO.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER November 4, 2019 3:03 PM GMT
It’s not always easy to manage and motivate players especially when the opposition is inferior is a good thing to have given his exploits in the prem league thus far and the job done at Celtic he won’t struggle for work imo
Report duffy November 4, 2019 3:10 PM GMT
I agree he won't struggle for work and predict that at some point the Leicester affair will end with much the same animosity aimed at him as he leaves for either Arsenal or Spurs.
Report JC1326 November 4, 2019 6:55 PM GMT
Wins a game 9-0 and now is best manager on the planet. And they say football people are fickle.
Report duffy November 4, 2019 7:02 PM GMT
I'd have made my last comment before the 9-0 if this thread was here then to be fair.
Report mega88 November 4, 2019 8:22 PM GMT
Tactically inept, David Moyes a far better manager and would suit spurs far more.
Report lurka November 4, 2019 9:07 PM GMT
I think he is a very good manager but like Wenger and Pep is not good defensively. However, like Wenger he has inherited a group of solid defenders at Leicester and in Evans he has a guy who can marshal a defence and develop Soyuncu into a top CH. Don't think he could ever build a defence that solid himself. But like Wenger he can play the hand he's dealt and do very well with this Leicester side. It has a lot to do with Leicester's recruitment as well which isn't to his credit, but he's always been able to get the best out of qualty attacking players.
Report keen leader November 4, 2019 10:18 PM GMT
Brendan is the ideal fit for Bayern, but the Germans would not be prepared to pay big compensation to the likes of Leicester, to bag a manager.
Report sparrow November 5, 2019 12:12 PM GMT
,keen leader Joined: 05 Feb 02
Replies: 62704 Nov 19 23:18   but the Germans would not be prepared to pay big compensation to the likes of Leicester

What exactly do you mean by "to the likes of Leicester" ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com