Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
14 Aug 19 19:19
| Topic/replies: 35,071 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
getting fcking stupid now
Pause Switch to Standard View now we have a women ref for the super...
Show More
Report Angoose August 14, 2019 8:21 PM BST
Deary me.
Report themightymac August 14, 2019 8:48 PM BST
The world is going mad.
Report themightymac August 14, 2019 10:53 PM BST
Well she managed to **** that up. And Ray Charles operating the VAR.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 14, 2019 10:57 PM BST
They never showed the best angle of the penalty so it's hard to judge, they needed to show it from in front of them not behind or at the side as those were inconclusive, other than that she did a good job imo. Felt a bit uncomfortable about Azpilicuerta yelling in her face at close range though when booked.
Report SontaranStratagem August 14, 2019 11:01 PM BST
It wouldn't be so bad but for the media doing their usual trolling because of it Crazy

It gets tiresome having to listen to their c**p, you can't avoid it either as they have to ram it down our throats
Report ian merseyside August 15, 2019 2:16 AM BST
Martin Samuel on Sunday Supplement got it right.  He said she was given the job for the wrong reasons and predicted that she may come up short on a really tight decision, taking account of the fact she has never refereed at this level.  He also said that she would avoid any criticism from within the game as nobody would dare speak out given the circumstances.  It was never a penalty for the Chelsea equaliser and VAR should have overruled it, but probably didn't as it would reflect badly on the ref. Also the Tammy Abrahams penalty in the shoot-out should have been retaken as Adrian was clearly off his line as the kick was struck. Nobody on BT Sports went "off message" either, surprise surprise.
Report themightymac August 15, 2019 2:31 AM BST
She done ok but the penalty decision was wrong and should have been overturned. It`s a hard job and even the top refs make mistakes.
Report n88uk August 15, 2019 4:35 AM BST
No real reason to not have women refereeing games, ultimately it's all about getting top level experience.
Report superjudge August 15, 2019 8:23 AM BST
let the women ref the womens game and the mens ref ours.its all bollox.
Report darren_discombobulates_sports August 15, 2019 10:26 AM BST
and predicted that she may come up short on a really tight decision

it's a strange point for him to make because how many male referees over the years have come up short on a really tight decision ? millions all over the world over the last 150 odds years!Devil
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 15, 2019 11:47 AM BST
she would be top 3 if she was employed by premier league

and its not even the style of play she is used to

speed of mens game must be a worry for a woman to keep
up, but if a 45 year old bloke can ref at highest level theres
nothing to stop a woman, but at what age would a woman
become too old for top level in mens game ???
Report stu August 15, 2019 12:18 PM BST
Silly pc rubbish as usual in the world these days (unless you are in a country that doesn't give a feck, e.g. Russia).

The point isn't even whether she's capable of making correct decisions either, the point is it's a man's sport so should be reffed by a man. There's far more to reffing than giving correct free kicks. Keeping game management being one - no way a women should ref a men's game in general for that reason, could you imagine it being Millwall v Leeds in a crunch match on rainy evening for example. Crazy

To be fair this was probably an easy fixture to choose, as less likely to be very nasty between the players.
Report superjudge August 15, 2019 1:21 PM BST
this pc bollarks is getting on everybodys nerves.
Report jamesdean August 15, 2019 1:46 PM BST
To be fair to Glen Hoddle on BT sports, he did call out the penalty mistake and said it was a ridiculous decision
Report The Dragon August 15, 2019 1:53 PM BST
i watched stockport v barrow on tuesday which was reffered by a woman.. she was pretty hopeless to be fair and looked out of her depth. home crowd gave her some serious stick with the half time chorus of you dont now what your doing ringing around the ground.
Report n88uk August 15, 2019 2:15 PM BST
How many bad decisions are made by men every weekend? There is no actual reason anyone can put forward why a woman can't referee a game of football, they just gradually need to get experience at the top level.
Report The Dragon August 15, 2019 2:38 PM BST
a bad ref is a bad ref  sex has nothing to do with it
Report Rider August 15, 2019 2:52 PM BST
it should be about the best officials for the best games irrespective of gender, she probably didnt get the gig based on that criteria, thats the problem and it showed with the penalty decision

it was interesting in the womens wc where female pundits heavily criticised the standard of refereeing and thought the top men officials should have been used
Report The Dragon August 15, 2019 2:57 PM BST
spot on rider
Report stu August 15, 2019 3:02 PM BST
whatever the reason, men are still more experienced as refs - trying to shoe-horn women into reffing mens professional games is stupid and based on one factor alone - feminism.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 15, 2019 3:05 PM BST
I thought the ref did a very good job let a lot of the clashes go unpenalised letting the game flow didn’t book every player involved in an incident but did show cards for obvious infringements

Shouldn’t blame her for the penalty even Liverpool keeper said they touched each other she gave it as she saw it and var didn’t change it also it cut down the offense of abusing the ref to nearly zero with no layer using foul language and losing it at the official

I’d say one of the better continental official performances  imo
Report Rider August 15, 2019 3:13 PM BST
it wasnt a penalty and far easier for adrian to be less critical once pool had won, if slight contact = penalty then its news to me, the striker was clever and the ref fell for his dive, she was actually blind sided given her position, so did she give it or the lineswoman?

i think women refs in some way might improve the behaviour of players, but they need to work their way through the ranks like all other top officials to be selected, the VAR call was probably political too
Report Rider August 15, 2019 3:17 PM BST
the handball in the first half from the overhead kick was more a penalty, given what I've been watching in continental leagues, it might have been close range but the player clearly puts his hands up to protect his face, but this is not an excuse for hand ball, its a deliberate action even if its for personal safety
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 15, 2019 3:21 PM BST
I would imagine almost every official would have given that decision and anyone would think she didn’t give it and var then proved her wrong according to everything in place she called it right or close enough that she couldn’t be proved to have made a clear mistake

As I said I thought she officiated well and also kept up with play and the linespersons although possibly getting a couple of throw ins wrong way the disallowed goals were all correctly cancelled
Report jamesdean August 15, 2019 3:35 PM BST
I think most refs wouldn't have given that decision, it was an absolute shocker.
Honestly think had it been a male ref, they would've over turned it on VAR.
Report Coachbuster August 15, 2019 3:35 PM BST
what the Dragon says
Report wondersobright August 16, 2019 1:39 PM BST
welcome to the world we now live in, its all about the agenda
Report Ibrahima Sonko August 16, 2019 9:56 PM BST
Totally agree with rider.

i think women refs in some way might improve the behaviour of players

Give them a chance, at the end of the day the game can be reffed from a screen on the touchline.
Report charwell. August 17, 2019 1:02 AM BST
She was useless. Missed a clear pen for handball. Gave a pen for a clear dive. Gave multiple throw ins the wrong way. World has gone mad.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER August 17, 2019 7:28 AM BST
Lol that happens almost every game every week no matter what gender the ref  all those decisions throw ins apart where reviewed by male var operative seems they came to the same conclusions
Report stu August 18, 2019 3:29 PM BST
You'd surely agree if they are to be used top level that they should prove themselves by working up the levels though RP?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com