Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
21 Mar 19 17:50
| Topic/replies: 53,723 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
In 2015, just been noticed.

He has apologised for the 'naive post '
Pause Switch to Standard View Declan Rice tweeted 'Up the RA'
Show More
Report scandanavian_haven March 21, 2019 5:54 PM GMT
he was 15 and probably didn't know who or what the IRA were.
Report salmon spray March 21, 2019 5:58 PM GMT
Support for the Royal Academy from a young footballer is to be welcomed surely.
Report donny osmond March 21, 2019 6:06 PM GMT
red arrows ?
Report tobermory March 21, 2019 6:10 PM GMT
I expect he had some idea what they were aged 16 but I agree dug up tweets from years ago should not be held against people.

That's not how things work though and so he will have play awfully well for England  or else he will be regularly booed, as anti IRA songs a big part of the England fan repertoire.
Report penzance March 21, 2019 6:17 PM GMT
just been noticed by people,jealous sh1t stirrers.
Can't believe they've just been found when he
could make his England debut.
Report lfc1971 March 21, 2019 7:56 PM GMT
Shouldn’t be allowed to play for England, send the **** back to Ireland
Report lurka March 21, 2019 8:31 PM GMT
Of course he knew what it meant. He's not claiming he didn't, rather that he was showing support for Ireland. Great start to his England career Laugh
Report Hank Hill March 21, 2019 9:37 PM GMT
Up the RA (Royal Artillery) He was actually being very patriotic Laugh
Report themightymac March 21, 2019 10:22 PM GMT
If anybody on the forums ever become famous they will be doomed by comments posted over the years!
Report akabula March 21, 2019 11:08 PM GMT
Have celtic tried to buy him?
Report stickyvicky March 22, 2019 12:11 PM GMT
.Declan Rice pictured at his first training session with the England Squad....

Report cardifffc March 22, 2019 1:12 PM GMT
LaughLaugh
Report rommel March 22, 2019 1:17 PM GMT
dont anyone say "he's bombing doon the wing"
Report jamesdean March 22, 2019 2:01 PM GMT
Just saying what we're all thinking..
Report Whisperingdeath March 22, 2019 2:04 PM GMT
15 years old bfd!
Report lewisham ranger March 22, 2019 2:26 PM GMT
is anyone loyal to their own country anymore, or is just about furthering your career? this guy doesn't even seem to like England.
Report Poppydog. March 22, 2019 2:36 PM GMT
Maybe cunning Gareth will call him up to every squad and never play him.
A barren international career.

(Personally, I don't think he should play - you know what you are doing at 15/16)
Report scandanavian_haven March 22, 2019 3:50 PM GMT
JamesDean, seriously wtf?
Report sparrow March 22, 2019 3:53 PM GMT
It looks like most people are not going to give the boy a chance which is not surprising in this country these days.
Report thelatarps March 22, 2019 7:32 PM GMT
So lets get this right.
At 16 the kid is right into being irish, and yet four years later he is turning out for ingerlund?
Oooooookaaaaaaay.
Sounds like a right tube to me.
Funny, the english are back in love with their national team these days, even raheem sterling is a getting a free pass.
Wonder how long that is going to last?
And btw I seem to remember the FA dug up an ancient tweet from andre gray a few years back and couldnt wait to throw the book at him.
One law for one....
Report penzance March 22, 2019 8:18 PM GMT
what about the players who are right
into England but cant get in the squad
cos not good enough,then find a long
lost Irish ancestor?
Report scandanavian_haven March 22, 2019 8:47 PM GMT
So just to clarify, JamesDean is condoning the IRA killing 1800 odd people including around 600 civilians? Being Cowardly is a trait of the IRA and their followers. Enough said.
Report Whisperingdeath March 22, 2019 9:51 PM GMT
Potatoes scanda
Report GoldCupWinner March 22, 2019 9:52 PM GMT
I dont agree with you know what you are doing at 15/16. I was probably posting immature things on the net even in my early twenties. It is only fatherhood which has matured me so I could forgive him his tweets, depending on his current personality.
Report lfc1971 March 22, 2019 10:24 PM GMT
They don’t change , the novel the Irish ( and  republicans like james dean)  are writing is always the same novel
Anti English and anti British
Report superports1 March 23, 2019 5:16 PM GMT
What is worrying is that he was doing it to fit in, does that mean it was the norm for Irish youth team to openly show support for terrorists? Also chief executive of the fai, John delaney in 2014 was videoed singing about an ira hunger striker.
Report jamesdean March 23, 2019 5:59 PM GMT
"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"
Some would say the British Army are terrorists. Is it ok to support the British army?
Report akabula March 23, 2019 6:10 PM GMT
Freedom fighter? How many Innocent people did they kill with their indiscriminate bombing campaign.
Murdering terrorist s****.
Report jamesdean March 23, 2019 6:39 PM GMT
Not as many as The British Army have done all over the world.
They only difference is they called it a "war" so it was 'legit'

Your ignorance is well renowned all over the world. There's a reason the Brits are hated.
Unfortunately, the same people (brits) write the history books.
Report bodey March 23, 2019 7:06 PM GMT
guys this a betting forum ,please take your bigotry and hatred elsewhere
Report akabula March 23, 2019 7:07 PM GMT
Yes hated that much that everyone wants to come here. Good logic. Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven March 23, 2019 7:13 PM GMT
I don't see anyone celebrating or reminiscing over the wrongs the British carried out over the years let alone condoning any innoncent civilian being killed, drop your tribalistic nonsense, the IRA were parasitic cowards.
Report breadnbutter March 24, 2019 1:05 AM GMT
He looks like a rattler tobefair
Report stewardsenquirey March 24, 2019 2:54 AM GMT
I'm Irish and my nose got slightly disjointed when he picked England over Ireland.
But honestly,He was young when he wrote that.
None of us did anything We regret when We were 16 ?

Move on and give the lad a break.

BORING BORING BORING BORING
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2019 8:26 AM GMT
I don’t think you understand , it’s not just about him , we don’t want anyone Irish playing for England or  living and working in England with that sort of scummy attitude , thanks
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2019 8:39 AM GMT
now for feeble minded souls like James dean who can’t distinguish the difference
The people of n Ireland have  the vote , the same as everyone else in these islands
When they vote for a United ireland that’s fine , until then if they have a campaign of bombing and murder of innocent men women and children they are terrorists
Report Blackrock March 24, 2019 10:51 AM GMT
Fact is almost all Catholics in Ireland are Republicans. All Protestants think of themselves as British. Both people hate each other with equal venom.

Declan Rice was saying what all Republicans think [Up the RA] but he was young and only following what he was brought up as. Don't understand why he would want to play for England in that case. Can't ever imagine James McLean playing for England if he was eligible.

The Republic couldn't afford to take back the North now even if it was handed on a plate.
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2019 10:57 AM GMT
McCleans playing in England you notice , they’re like that , hypocrites
So he can pipe down as well
Report scandanavian_haven March 24, 2019 11:15 AM GMT
based on many quotes McClean has made over the years, he would struggle to dress himself in the morning without assistance.
Report thelatarps March 24, 2019 4:51 PM GMT
Fact is most people in the north of ireland could not give a flying one about the catholic/protestant argument
Its only an issue in the bigger cities.

Whatever the Irish Republican Army has done it pales into insignificance in comparison to what the British establishment did during the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s.
You reap what you sow in life and the way us Brits have behaved over the water over the past centuries, well its no surprise the Irish rose up in armed rebellion to kick us out.
Sorry.
Report lurka March 24, 2019 6:09 PM GMT
Vast majority of Irish Republicans hate the IRA and everything they stand for. But equally the British have for centuries terrorised the natives of colonised countries with their army. No country wanted to be colonised by the British or anyone else and every one was taken by force. You people are taught in school/history that your Empire is something to be proud of - you are all brainwashed from an early age in that regard and you need to take your heads out of the sand and see things without the blinkers on. Your empire was built on theft, white supremacy and genocide.

It is basic human nature to fight/resist a foreign invader who takes land from the natives and to fight for land you feel is rightfully yours, even hundreds of years after the land is stolen. It is not something peculiar to the Irish, it is the same the world over and would be exactly the same if someone invaded Britain and took land from the natives there. The IRA bombing campaign resulted primarily from the British Army and Government treating Irish Catholics like second class citizens in their own country and from massacres like Bloody Sunday and if the same thing happened to British people you'd have done exactly the same in retaliation and understandably so. Get over yourselves.
Report scandanavian_haven March 24, 2019 6:16 PM GMT
I take it you didn't go to school in England lurka? they don't teach that the British Empire was something to be proud of, and you're basically just coming across as another IRA sympathiser, anyone that kills innoncent civilians should be condemned, going abroad to kill people that had nothing to do with what happened in Ireland and then killing them makes them scum. Northern Ireland don't want a United Ireland which is the long and short of it.
Report thelatarps March 24, 2019 6:57 PM GMT
Well i am in my fifties and i was taught at school that the british empire covered 40% of the globe with nary a word of criticism.

Using words like scum is not helping your argument.
Yes blowing up parts of the mainland uk are monstrous acts.
But you can not look at them in isolation
You need to look at the motivation of these desperate people, a bit like the current conflicts with various islamic peoples.
It is worthwhile remembering that the IRA ceased their armed campaign after discussions were instituted with the british government under margaret thatcher.
If the Reverend Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness can live and let live, then therin lies a lesson for us all.
Report Mikael D'Haguenet March 24, 2019 7:09 PM GMT
Excellent post, tarps.
Report scandanavian_haven March 24, 2019 7:11 PM GMT
behave yourself, anyone that deliberately kills innoncent people is scum, whether that helps or doesn't help any argument is by the by. No history lessons I was taught held the British Empire up in high regard.
Report thelatarps March 24, 2019 7:19 PM GMT
So presumably tony blair, dubya bush, camron, obama and trump are scum too, by your argument.
Hang on I think you may be on to something here....
Report thelatarps March 24, 2019 7:20 PM GMT
And cheers MDH, appreciate it
Report scandanavian_haven March 24, 2019 7:38 PM GMT
he's Irish.
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2019 7:39 PM GMT
Larps Hussein was a mass murderer and a dictator , just like Hitler ,
Getting rid of him was a good thing , American and British soldiers did that with the bare minimum of casualties within a couple of weeks any sensible country and people would be thankful
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2019 7:41 PM GMT
Now we know the Irish like to sit on the sidelines and critizise
That’s easy to do , but in Ireland there is the vote line everywhere else
Be thankful
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2019 7:45 PM GMT
And you can forget about kicking the British out of Ireland
Neither you or I or anyone else can remember Ireland before the British were there
That’s a fact
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2019 7:46 PM GMT
Do you see those fine buildings in Dublin , and the industry in Belfast
Who do you think built that ? It was the British
So forget about your fairy tails
Report sparrow March 24, 2019 7:53 PM GMT
We have heard the history of the Ireland/Britain problem many times but we are supposed to be talking about a silly mistake made by a 16 year old boy here. Give the lad a chance I think he deserves that.
Report lfc1971 March 24, 2019 7:58 PM GMT
I would be inclined to agree we should foget that , it’s just a young person mistakes happen
But we don’t need the usual suspects , many thousands of them living and working in England and in Britain coming out with the same sh1te
Report Mikael D'Haguenet March 24, 2019 7:59 PM GMT
I condemn the killing of innocent civilians. However, Irish republicans were not the only combatants responsible for such killings. Loyalist paramilitaries, and the combined forces of the British state, also killed innocent civilians. Let's be thankful those days are largely behind us.
Report G Hall March 24, 2019 8:18 PM GMT
É must be laughing his head off after watching direland last night
Report G Hall March 24, 2019 8:19 PM GMT
He *
Report Mikael D'Haguenet March 24, 2019 8:21 PM GMT
As an avowed IRA sympathiser, I'd think he'd view at as partial revenge for Mairead Farrell et al!
Report thelatarps March 24, 2019 8:45 PM GMT
Death on the rock MDH?
A noted high point in relations.
Report superports1 March 24, 2019 9:14 PM GMT
Sfira are attempting to rewrite history, the acceptance that its OK for fai executives to sing ira songs, for youth players to support terrorists etc is sickening. They weren't a boy scouts for grown ups, they were an illegal criminal gang responsible for the murder of men, women and children, catholics and protestants, child abuse, torture, rape, extortion, drugs. For anyone to romanticise them is pathetic.
Report MALAY March 29, 2019 2:13 PM GMT
God bless the volunteers, legends kicked the Brits out the Island, God bless the American Irish that helped us get rid of the murdering reprobates. We will never forget the famine, bloody sunday or Ballymurphy. British army evil personified.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com