Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
24 Feb 19 18:05
| Topic/replies: 52,033 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Seen nothing like it Crazy
Pause Switch to Standard View Sarri meltdown
Show More
Report tobermory February 24, 2019 7:06 PM GMT
Really looked like he was gonna walk down the tunnel and hail a taxi
Report Latalomne February 24, 2019 7:11 PM GMT
Who could blame him!?!
Report Darlo Bantam February 24, 2019 7:13 PM GMT
Clearly got little respect in the dressing room (or at least parts of it)
Report GoOnThen February 24, 2019 7:13 PM GMT
Keeper should be finished.
Report JC1326 February 24, 2019 7:20 PM GMT
He'd been backing Money Tree's tips on the *****platignum betting service***** thread, and was just checking how his bets had got on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUUrliG5d2Q
Report JC1326 February 24, 2019 7:21 PM GMT
pretty much the standard reaction of anyone that follows a Money Tree tip
Report Callisto-moon February 24, 2019 7:23 PM GMT
they won ffs.
Report Kriskin February 24, 2019 7:31 PM GMT
Goalkeeper was disrespectful to the management team.  That needs to be taken further by the club and some type of disciplinary action required from their HR dept.
Report Solano1 February 24, 2019 7:32 PM GMT
Captain should be stronger there.
Should have dragged the little **** off.
He could have thrown his cap on Aguero's pen too.
Report GoOnThen February 24, 2019 7:37 PM GMT
Typical Chelsea. No class.
Report EastLower Gooner February 24, 2019 7:45 PM GMT
I thought he went for a cheeky smoke.

Poor guy....got a tune out of the team today and then that. Unlucky with the Hazard offside call.
Report Solano1 February 24, 2019 7:46 PM GMT
Dressing room is ****.
Bodes well for a club wit a transfer ban.
Report peckerdunne February 24, 2019 7:47 PM GMT
Has he not heard of Uber.
Report peckerdunne February 24, 2019 7:52 PM GMT
shudda went and knocked the fcuker out then phoned Uber........
Report Des Pond February 24, 2019 7:56 PM GMT
the other players have to take responsibility as well. They have created this toxic "Phuk the manager" culture. So they can't complain, imo.
Report Latalomne February 24, 2019 8:02 PM GMT
PMSL, at this interview.  Has basically backtracked on the whole thing and has admitted that the keeper didn't have cramp to begin with....
Report themover February 24, 2019 8:06 PM GMT
Report 1st time poster February 24, 2019 8:07 PM GMT
the keeper was a drama queen settling for pens,but went to far and bench believed he was injured so wanted to sub him,he wasn't get subbed because of some tactical masterplan to get cab on
Report SontaranStratagem February 24, 2019 8:24 PM GMT
Gotta go after that

A little runt gives you the middle finger like that its over Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem February 24, 2019 8:28 PM GMT
They need someone who will go in and play the whole every hates us

Get them onside by saying the media hates me and them

Sarri is never going to win them round he's to much of an old school professor type
Report ian merseyside February 25, 2019 1:38 AM GMT
Surely once Chelsea hand the piece of paper to the 4th official with the substitution details, then the keeper has to leave the pitch? I didn't think the decision could be changed after that. If he refuses, then either his team mates drag him off and if he still won't go then the ref sends him off.  I don't like City but I was willing them to win the shoot out just to expose the idiotic keeper.  I hope he doesn't play for the club again but I fear that Sarri will lose out, not the keeper.
Report MythWA February 25, 2019 8:29 AM GMT
Maybe the 'misunderstanding' was scripted by the PR team hmmmm
Report spyker February 25, 2019 10:00 AM GMT
Chelsea fans should be livid with the whole dressing room  - time and again if certain elements in that dressing room (whichever clique is annoyed with whatever perfectly reasonable decision the manger has just taken) don't like the regime they pull hissy fits, disrespecting the manger, the club and the fans. Whomever the captain was yesterday should be ashamed of himself as should all senior players who stood by and did nothing. Coupled with past history and performances like the 6-0 the dressing room is clearly unmanageable as it is and whomever the next manger is he should sell every single one of them and start agin as the rotting sores will only get worse and worse. Most Chelsea fans won't give a sheet though and will already be talking about who the next manger of this bunch of rrsoles will be!
Report johnnythebull February 25, 2019 11:22 AM GMT
I'm a little perplexed really with the media overreaction to the whole 'incident'

it certainly isn't unprecedented for a new manager like Arrizabalaga to lose his first game in charge nor will it be the last!
Report sj February 25, 2019 11:28 AM GMT
to be honest, I may be alone here, but thought Kepa was in the right, he said he was ok to carry on. In this day and age with all the tarts in the game, it was good to see a player wanting to carry on.
Is it wrong for a player to say NO I am fine to carry on? I would rather that attitude than I can off in the local derby as a 'precaution'.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 25, 2019 11:30 AM GMT
Why is Jon Moss not getting more flak over this ?
The keeper was substituted, he then refused to leave the pitch so why did the referee not have him removed immediately ?
Why did the referee run over to the touchline and call Sarri over? The referee is supposed to be in charge on the field yet seemed to go over and plead the keepers case to his manager that he wanted to stay on.
Very odd but for me the referee was utterly useless and weak.
Chelsea players also should have backed their manager and dragged the bollox off the field
Report spyker February 25, 2019 11:39 AM GMT
Maybe sarri thought willy was abetter pen saver 9and having played with city would have an idea of where to dive) and the sub was tactical - and judging by the v poor effort to stop kunn's pen he is prob right!
Report Hanx February 25, 2019 11:40 AM GMT
If Sarri has a shred of credibility and pride he should resign right now - or come out in the media and say 'I can't manage that nest of vipers because, as has been proven historically, then don't want to be managed, so I'm just staying here for the money'
Report sj February 25, 2019 11:44 AM GMT
but spyker thats all ifs and buts, Willy could have gone the wrong way and would he have saved Sane penalty? we dont know.
Now if it was prearranged that cab comes on for the pens, then i do have a problem with Kepa, for me a player wanting to stay on and saying he is fine is a plus point in this day and age.
Report ian merseyside February 25, 2019 12:51 PM GMT
I totally with with premier fantasy on this.  Sarri made the decision to substitute the keeper and that should be the end of it.  It is then down to the ref to restart the match with the substitute on the pitch.  If Arrizabalaga refuses to leave then the ref has no option but to send him off.
Report themover February 25, 2019 1:08 PM GMT
If Sarri selects Kepa for the next match he might as well go, although he was already for the chop before Kepagate anyway.
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 25, 2019 3:35 PM GMT
I don't see the issue keeper down lokin g injured manager think right get a fit keeper on obvious decision

Then player says he's fine so no change needed it wasn t a tactical substitution if it was pre determined the keeper would have come off

Just a misunderstanding imo media overload
Report lurka February 25, 2019 3:41 PM GMT
Did you miss the bit where Sarri threw a strop and stormed off down the tunnel? His player seriously undermined him and he didn't put his foot down and looked weak. The player should not have gone against the manager's wishes and the manager should have insisted he come off just to show who was the boss at the very least. Caballero would have done as well if not better than him.

Sarri shouldn't resign but should engineer a sacking to protect himself financially. He's not going to be able to get the players he wants in if the ban is upheld and the players don't want to play his football anyway. Get a payoff ASAP and go to a club where he is wanted.
Report DOUBLED February 25, 2019 3:41 PM GMT
Chelsea players refusing to follow managers instructions SHOCK
Report 1st time poster February 25, 2019 4:45 PM GMT
keeper brave to stay on LOL, THE WHOLE SITUATION AROSE BECAUSE OF THE KEEPER GOING DOWN AS THOUGH SHOT twice, rolling about in agony when as he said himself was perfectly alright, he was wasting time feigning injury to get to extra time
Report sageform February 25, 2019 4:53 PM GMT
So why was Sarri furious when the keeper didn't come off when asked? It does raise an interesting question. If a manager tells the fourth official that he wishes to make a substitution, can the player on the pitch ignore the decision or can the ref send him off?
Report Emitdeb February 25, 2019 4:55 PM GMT
Sarri Should impose a 3,4 or 5 match ban on the guy, Just a token dont feck with me... If he plays him as normal, Zero respect from every one. If he tries to drop him completely He's fired..

LaughLaugh Hate Chelsea... Happy
Report 1st time poster February 25, 2019 4:57 PM GMT
4th official can have subs number and before change is made someone else can get injured and they change the substitution happens all the time
Report themover February 25, 2019 4:59 PM GMT
No need for Kepa to have a ban, Sarri just needs to leave him on the bench for as long as he seems fit. Caballero is a decent enough reserve and from I've seen of Kepa he isn't that good anyway, certainly not worth what they paid for him.
Report 1st time poster February 25, 2019 5:00 PM GMT
so if they thought messi was injured and the same situation happened you,s expect barca to drop messi for 5 games
WAIT FOR IT

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Emitdeb February 25, 2019 5:04 PM GMT
Messi with Keppazagonarreah Like Comparing Prince Phillip with a Palace Gardener...
Report themover February 25, 2019 5:09 PM GMT
Here's the video for those wanting another good laugh Laugh :

https://www.youtube.com/
watch?reload=9&v=GZ-1G_bfKbs
Report themover February 25, 2019 5:11 PM GMT
looks like Zola was telling Kepa to get off as well but looked like a rabbit in headlights Grin
Report Aspro February 25, 2019 5:19 PM GMT
Chelsea v Spurs Live on Wednesday... who starts as Chelsea's #1?

IMO Kepa has to start if Sarri want's to save face after what he's told the media. Drop him and he's admitting that he was royally fecked!

Talk about Catch 22... love it!
Report Emitdeb February 25, 2019 5:22 PM GMT
^^ link not working...
Report themover February 25, 2019 5:25 PM GMT
Sarri :

"It was a big misunderstanding because I understood the keeper had cramp and was unable to go to penalties. But it was not cramp and he could go to the penalties.

"I needed to return [down the tunnel] to be quiet."

Apparently it wasn't cramp so I wonder what Kepa's "injury" was that required treatment Confused
Report themover February 25, 2019 5:26 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ-1G_bfKbs
Report ian merseyside February 25, 2019 5:49 PM GMT
So why was Sarri furious when the keeper didn't come off when asked? It does raise an interesting question. If a manager tells the fourth official that he wishes to make a substitution, can the player on the pitch ignore the decision or can the ref send him off?

I was wrong in my earlier post.  I've just read an article in The Times by ex-ref Peter Walton which covers rule 3 "if a player who is to be replaced refuses to leave the field, then play continues".  The referee therefore has no power to send the keeper off.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 25, 2019 5:56 PM GMT
That cannot be right ffs, how can that be a rule ?
Utter madness if that is the case
Report 1st time poster February 25, 2019 7:05 PM GMT
think its getting overblown now,though funny at the time
it was the 2nd time keeper had gone down and we now no he was milking it both times 2nd time happy to go to pens ,chance to be a hero
physio obviously doesn't think he,s milking it or keeper doesn't make it clear to him so reports to sari he has to come off
if he,s not injured,your not going to be desperate to replace your 60 mill keeper with cab, instead of all the hand signals,thumbs up from keeper why didn't he just go to the sideline to tell sari he was fit to carry on, physio,keeper,sarri probably all speak different languages
Report irishone February 26, 2019 8:44 AM GMT
The problem is with the board
When this happens in clubs
They fail to back the managers
Yet they are responsible for
Employing them, and they should
Be backed up 100%.
As soon as cracks appear , usually
Provided in some way by the players
The board should stand upto the plate
And back the manager, unfortunately
Many boards are infiltrated with big businessman
Who know feck all about the game
And dont leave their egos in the car park
Report ffaith February 26, 2019 9:24 AM GMT
Of course the lads(David Luiz and co)  won't admit it publicly but they must be absolutely chuffed.  "Look our work here is done.  We've spawned another selfish POS.  Our legacy will continue even when we're gone" type vibe.
Report themover February 26, 2019 10:26 AM GMT
Kepa fined a weeks wages and told (probably) to apologise Laugh
Report sageform February 26, 2019 7:42 PM GMT
ian Merseyside, thanks. I did wonder if the ref. or fourth official had any power to make a player leave the field. Managers are given far too much respect on the whole and this incident shows they can only operate with the consent of the players as Merino found out. Most players won't defy them as they would then be fined or left out of the team (if the board back the manager) but once a game starts, players should be able to have the final say.
Report Emitdeb February 27, 2019 7:33 PM GMT
Dropped...HappyShockedMischiefLove
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com