Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aspro
27 Jan 19 12:35
| Topic/replies: 20,235 | Blogger: Aspro's blog
It looks like our thread was removed again Sad
Pause Switch to Standard View ***The Spurs Files 3***
Show More
Report Aspro July 13, 2022 12:00 PM BST
Richarlison starts, Gil back in too. Hope he's improved.
Report Aspro July 13, 2022 12:30 PM BST
1-0 Dier
Report Aspro July 13, 2022 12:31 PM BST
Not bad, around 10-12 seconds behind it appear
Report Aspro July 13, 2022 12:53 PM BST
1-1 HT. Not entirely against the run of play, but Spurs have edged it. I expect a full-team substitution second half with Kane and Son on show.
Report Aspro July 13, 2022 2:00 PM BST
FT 3-6. Nice to see Skippy back; Richarlison probably needs a few more games but he did try. Kane and Son as good as ever, but I was impressed by the rookie, White, whose cameo appearance was impressive. Hopefully he'll get a bit more time in the games that follow, as I'd like to see him again with a bit more time. Parrot tried and probably had a chance of a goal if Son didn't go for the hat-trick header... he should know by now that heading is most definitely his Achilles heel. Nice to see the boys again and roll on Saturday.
Report seamuslexy July 13, 2022 2:28 PM BST
Bought the Spursplay package, all seems good and quite thorough.
First half Gil and Sessegnon looked ok, Richarlison definitely needs a couple of games.
White is a fair player too, onwards and upboards, Seville at the weekend.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 13, 2022 4:01 PM BST
Just seen the highlites
All the squad seemed to have had
HAIRCUITS
Including Conte
Devil
Report Aspro July 14, 2022 9:05 AM BST
I'm seeing a lot different publications on the Sevilla centre-back, Jules Kounde (23) with a multi-swap deal offered. Apparently he's valued at £70m+ but PSG and Barca are also in the hunt, not forgetting City are keeping tabs on him too. I can't believe he'd choose Spurs but one never knows. A whole host of other names are linked today, but not to be taken seriously imo. The news that did jump out was Emerson to Atletico on a season long loan, which would let Spence in (surely he's can't be worse?). Papers are quoting that the deal on Spence has come down to a more reasonable £15m + Add-ons and is now close to finalising with the deal expected to conclude this weekend. Who knows? Perhaps Conte has spotted another South Korean too Grin
Report Aspro July 15, 2022 9:45 AM BST
Nothing more to report from yesterday, but as most of you are probably aware, Spence looks likely now. The Express are quoting that the final figure is £12.5m rising to £20m if all the add-ons are met. Whilst Kounde is still in the picture, it appears that City could swoop if Ake moves to Chelsea, which makes better sense.

There are a lot of rumours about players leaving, but nothing remotely concrete, just hot air at present. Still a long way to go and who knows, the club might yet spring another surprise on us although, as previously mentioned, perhaps White can push on from his interesting debut.

It doesn't look like we'll see Bissouma or Forster against Sevilla as both have reportedly contracted Covid where, under SK rules, they have to isolate for 7 days before being released next Tuesday. Shame as I'm looking forward to seeing the former.
Report Hanx July 15, 2022 10:36 AM BST
Pau Torres in 'Lo Celso-plus-cash' deal?

More speculative than 'the outsider in a three horse race' of course but if so, then surely that means Sanchez goes. Rodon looks set to leave (hopefully only on loan as I still have high hopes for the guy)

Best time of year this though - before we've even kicked a ball and hope still trumps experience!
Report Aspro July 15, 2022 2:54 PM BST
Spence having medical today, which should see him at the airport with a 'Welcome Back' sign when the rest return from South Korea Grin ESPN reporting (from sources) that the actual deal is £12.5m, + £6.5m add-ons; £2.5m of which is for future England duties.

Speaking of Rodon, it appears hardly any of us (on here and at home) want Rodon to leave. Surely we can't all be wrong? Hopefully the club can find a way to keep him onboard.
Report Aspro July 16, 2022 12:00 PM BST
Here we go again... Lamela starts for Sevilla Devil
Report Aspro July 16, 2022 12:27 PM BST
Kane Scores! Cool

Offside Cry
Report Aspro July 16, 2022 12:38 PM BST
Lamela hits the post, good effort. Not a lot on this tbh.
Report Aspro July 16, 2022 12:50 PM BST
Hojbjerg having a mare, Richarlison has done nothing to warrant his fee and Sessegnon isn't pushing on (for me). Sanchez is his same old self too. Not a great half and if anything, Sevilla have probably edged it.

HT 0-0
Report Aspro July 16, 2022 1:08 PM BST
1-0 Kane and this one counts! Cool
Report Aspro July 16, 2022 1:23 PM BST
1-1 - Not shocked Sad
Report Scamp the man July 16, 2022 1:55 PM BST
Nothing to get excited about there ....although work rate was ok
Report Scamp the man July 16, 2022 1:55 PM BST
Nothing to get excited about there ....although work rate was ok
Report Aspro July 16, 2022 1:55 PM BST
FT 1-1, probably about right - Not great performances by any of them but as it's a friendly I can forgive them. Don't rate this Austin keeper much and don't believe he'll have a long future with us; definitely error-prone.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 16, 2022 2:16 PM BST
Thought we were after sum Sevila defenders?
Devil
Report sofaking July 17, 2022 3:49 AM BST

Jul 16, 2022 -- 1:23PM, Aspro wrote:

1-1 - Not shocked

Come on Aspro, it's a pre-season friendly.  It's all about getting match fit, experimenting with tactics and formations etc. Bit soon to say that Richarlison is a waste of money. CrazySilly

Report Aspro July 17, 2022 9:59 AM BST
I didn't quite put it that way sofa; I said he hasn't shown anything to warrant his fee. I probably should have added 'yet' and I did add later that it was only a friendly too. I'll try not to be so harsh against the Glasgow mob Grin
Report Aspro July 19, 2022 12:33 PM BST
Spence finally signed, what a palaver! Too many rumours about Kane leaving now. Would he really go to Bayern? I'm not so sure.
Report sofaking July 20, 2022 12:38 AM BST
Nah, I doubt he'd go and I don't see Bayern offering the required amount to tempt Levy.  Still no takers for Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon, Tanbanga etc. Confused
Report Aspro July 20, 2022 9:51 AM BST
It doesn't look like it, Levy's playing hardball with Everton for Winks with Palace watching the developments; Lo Celso a possible swap deal with Sevilla with Reguilon also linked; Ndombele in talks with Roma and Tanganga is in talks about a loan deal with AC Milan, but nothing concrete on any of them. I guess time is still on our side though.

On the flip side there has been a few snippets about Nico Zaniolo (Roma) coming in, which is dependent upon sales, but the interesting one that has been floating around for a few days is Leicester's Maddison for around £45m. Definitely an argument for their best player and more than capable of scoring as well as creating. I'm keeping a keen eye on that one, especially with him being English.
Report propunter1 July 20, 2022 10:30 AM BST
Antonio Conte admits it WASN'T his decision to sign Djed Spence so I don't expect to see him play in the upcoming season. It's an investment transfer for the future by the management.
Apparently Conte is preparing Lucas for right wing-back position. I think he will do well there.
Report sofaking July 21, 2022 1:18 AM BST
Yeah, apparently Spence was Levy's purchase. Seems to think he'll be able to flip him in a few years for mega bucks. Confused   How did that work out for him with Jake (or is it Jack) Clarke....
Report Aspro July 22, 2022 10:22 AM BST
Kane put on ice until next Summer with Bayern believing they may be able to capture him then. I think that is dependent upon this season and how well Spurs perform, but with no silverware and just a year remaining on his contract, Levy will have little choice but to let him go, although I wouldn't be surprised if Kane held on to leave on a free.

Gil a possible loan to Sampdoria but nothing more jumping out at me today. I'm hoping we can quickly sell a few and pursue the Maddison link.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 23, 2022 2:20 PM BST
Strong team for the Rangers friendly
All the signings on the bench
Devil
Report sofaking July 23, 2022 3:16 PM BST
Where can I watch this game?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 23, 2022 3:29 PM BST
Losing 1-0
On spurs subscibe site
Devil
Report sofaking July 23, 2022 3:37 PM BST
Ok, I'm not a subscriber and I'm not paying to watch a friendly. Crazy
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 23, 2022 3:49 PM BST
1-0 ht
Devil
Report Aspro July 23, 2022 3:51 PM BST
Probably edged the first half but still behind. Nothing to really criticise so far. Hopefully see a few of the newbs next.
Report Aspro July 23, 2022 4:10 PM BST
Typical Kane 1-1
Report Scamp the man July 23, 2022 4:10 PM BST
Nice goal
Report Scamp the man July 23, 2022 4:11 PM BST
Think we will get a couple more .....hopefully
Report Aspro July 23, 2022 4:15 PM BST
2-1 Kane Grin
Report Scamp the man July 23, 2022 4:16 PM BST
kane on fire Cool
Report sofaking July 23, 2022 4:20 PM BST
Unbelievable scenes.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 23, 2022 4:36 PM BST
Spence replaces King Kane
Is he a striker?
Laugh
Report sofaking July 23, 2022 4:46 PM BST
Watching the final ten minutes on Rangers TV...
Report sofaking July 23, 2022 4:55 PM BST
More silverware for the trophy cabinet.....ExcitedExcited
Report Aspro July 23, 2022 5:08 PM BST
I enjoyed that. Means little but a fair opposition to help get us up to full fitness
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 23, 2022 5:09 PM BST
The Walter Tull TROPHY
Presented by ex Spurs player
Wink
Report sofaking July 23, 2022 7:42 PM BST

Jul 23, 2022 -- 5:09PM, ImSoLuckyLucky! wrote:

The Walter Tull TROPHYPresented by ex Spurs player

What a time to be alive. Happy

Report Aspro July 23, 2022 8:58 PM BST
little acorns
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 24, 2022 3:11 PM BST
Arse seem to be rocking
Or are the Chavs really
BAD?DevilGrinLaugh
Report sofaking July 24, 2022 9:25 PM BST

Jul 24, 2022 -- 3:11PM, ImSoLuckyLucky! wrote:

Arse seem to be rockingOr are the Chavs reallyBAD?

Some Arse fans are getting ridiculously carried away with their pre-season form and are talking about challenging for the title this season. Bless their cotton socks, they'll never learn. Laugh

Report Emitdeb July 24, 2022 9:45 PM BST
Do we have an obvious back 4? or 3... ?
Report Emitdeb July 25, 2022 11:23 AM BST
Let me clarify my question... I see Sessegnon/ on the left side of a 5... Can anyone name the other 4 probable/suspects?
Report Aspro July 25, 2022 1:56 PM BST
I'm expecting Lenglet, Romero & Dier to cover the back 3, with Davies (who has just signed a one-year extension) filling in as cover or even main if Lenglet isn't up to this league. Wing backs are anyone's guess at this juncture, but I've not seen enough from Sessegnon to make that position his own. Just my opinion mind.
Report FIGJAM July 25, 2022 2:14 PM BST
Davies signed a 3 year deal which keeps him at the club to June 2025.
The wing backs are the right age; if and it's a big if we sign some more players, which
I doubt, another centre back perhaps? But I guess the emphasis is on disposing of the surplus
which is taking time, one bright spot in a depressing scene is that Galatasaray showed an interest
in Ndombele who appears a limpet.
Btw Spence was signed by the recruitment team not Levy, he is all things to the club but not a scout.
Report flat16 July 26, 2022 2:54 PM BST
Sanchez and Rodon gone ?,sorry didn't keep up during close season.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 26, 2022 3:51 PM BST
To the chippie
Still here
Grin
Report sofaking July 27, 2022 12:36 AM BST
Sanchez will stay.  Rodon might go if there are any suitable offers for him. Don't thin Conte fancies him at all.
Report brentford July 28, 2022 5:28 PM BST
Is Perisic not seen as the likely left wing back ? just in relation to Emitdeb's question ...
Report Emitdeb July 28, 2022 5:38 PM BST
Just on the end of last season and the little bits of pre-season I've seen.. I'm getting a Sessegnon Love vibe...
Report brentford July 28, 2022 6:10 PM BST
fair enough, good competition for the position at least and with 5 subs and CL demands need two for every position ideally..
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 30, 2022 2:57 PM BST
Facing moanrinho Roma this evening
Hope its not too fesity
Devil
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 30, 2022 7:46 PM BST
1 NIL DOWN
Shocked
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 30, 2022 8:04 PM BST
HT 0-1
Wink
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 30, 2022 9:11 PM BST
0-1 FT
Shocked
Report sofaking July 31, 2022 2:53 AM BST
Didn't see it. Bad performance was it?  Did he sent out a strong team?
Report Emitdeb July 31, 2022 5:25 AM BST
Sent out the A team and they pretty much played Roma off the pitch.. But tbh I only watched second half. Perisic played left wingback (as brentford said would) Looked superb there too... imo. Richarlison came on late on, looked fitter and better. Unlucky Spurs.
Report sofaking August 1, 2022 12:40 AM BST
Only Harry (of the forwards) has scored in this pre-season and lack of creativity from midfield still looks a huge problems against "low block" park the bus teams.
Report SontaranStratagem August 1, 2022 1:36 AM BST
Pre season is all about the fitness nothing else

Get them back into it

You dont want silly inkuries going full blooded in a friendly,, fans whine all the time because of losing in pre season yet its nothing to even be concerned about 99% of the time

How is Spence getting on ?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 1, 2022 1:13 PM BST
Ask Betty
Conte didint want him
Grin
Report FIGJAM August 1, 2022 3:37 PM BST
Not true ISLL, Conte sanctions all the tooing and froing
Report Aspro August 1, 2022 4:33 PM BST
Strange tbh. The reports said it was a club purchase and they also said that Conte had nothing to do with it, or so he was reputed to have said. If Conte sanctioned it then I'm sure we'll be seeing him soon.
Report FIGJAM August 1, 2022 6:13 PM BST
If you think about it Aspro we've had a scouting team since time immemorial.
Paratici is relatively new and wouldn't be the sole judge of domestic players.
Report FIGJAM August 1, 2022 6:15 PM BST
If you think about it Aspro we've had a scouting system since time immemorial.
Paratici is relatively new, and wouldn't be the sole judge of domestic players.
Report Aspro August 2, 2022 10:12 AM BST
Let's see if we can get a few more talented youngsters in, especially home grown. Can't say I'm pleased with releasing Rodon on loan to Rennes with the option to buy, £17m I read which I'm sure they'll snap up.
Report FIGJAM August 3, 2022 6:06 PM BST
Skippy and Bissouma out on Saturday, so back to square one.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 2:01 PM BST
Usually side start the opener
Devil
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 2:07 PM BST
Ward Prowse starts for the Saints
Shocked
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 3:12 PM BST
Bloody Ward Pwose
Sad
Report Scamp the man August 6, 2022 3:13 PM BST
FFS ...he should be playing for us Cry
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 3:21 PM BST
1-1
Sessignon
Shocked
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 3:31 PM BST
2-1
dier
Devil
Report Emitdeb August 6, 2022 3:32 PM BST
Now we're cooking Laugh
Report Emitdeb August 6, 2022 3:33 PM BST
Such a soft 2nd goal, has to be more coming...
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 3:45 PM BST
My Sun
Sad
Report sofaking August 6, 2022 4:15 PM BST
Is this game being shown on any TV channel worldwide?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 4:19 PM BST
3-1
Devil
Report sofaking August 6, 2022 4:19 PM BST
3-1
Report sofaking August 6, 2022 4:21 PM BST
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 4:21 PM BST
4-1
DevilGrinLaughLaugh
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 4:21 PM BST
pizza 2Wink
Report sofaking August 6, 2022 4:21 PM BST
pizza piss. Silly
Report Scamp the man August 6, 2022 4:22 PM BST
Top of the league LaughLaugh
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 4:22 PM BST
DevilDevilDevil
Report Emitdeb August 6, 2022 4:25 PM BST
Bein 1(AUS), S premier league and NOW SPORTS 1... Not sure what countries these channels are available though...

Spurs are smashing them to pieces now.. Happy
Report sofaking August 6, 2022 4:26 PM BST

Aug 6, 2022 -- 4:25PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Bein 1(AUS), S premier league and NOW SPORTS 1... Not sure what countries these channels are available though... Spurs are smashing them to pieces now..

Cheers Emitdeb, watching now.

Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 6, 2022 4:52 PM BST
Kane/Sun had a quiet game
The Saints are going to get relegated
Shocked
Report sofaking August 6, 2022 6:00 PM BST
Kane a slow starter. Doesn't start scoring till September. Kulusevski looked good and Richarlison will need to work extremely hard to displace him in the first team.
Report brentford August 7, 2022 1:42 PM BST
that Kulusevski deal looks some piece of business currently..

looked decent last season but if plays at the kind of level he was showing yesterday...
Report sofaking August 7, 2022 4:20 PM BST

Aug 7, 2022 -- 1:42PM, brentford wrote:

that Kulusevski deal looks some piece of business currently..looked decent last season but if plays at the kind of level he was showing yesterday...

Bentancur too. These two have made a huge difference since signing. Might've finished 6th without them.

Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 7, 2022 6:29 PM BST
Still top of the league
Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com