Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aberdeen Red
22 Aug 18 15:23
| Topic/replies: 64 | Blogger: Aberdeen Red's blog
TODAY THEY PULLED FUNDS FROM MUFC V LEICISTER 2.5 GOALS SAYING THEY FORGOT TO SUSPEND WHEN PENALTY AWARDED !!
mY CASH WAS HIT BEFORE THE PENALTY BUT THEY STILL GRABBED MY CASH!!
Pause Switch to Standard View betfair scamming my account WATCH OUT
Show More
Report Darlo Bantam August 22, 2018 5:17 PM BST
Just had similar with Rayo Vallecano - Sevilla market.
Report sofaking August 23, 2018 2:42 AM BST
Did you contact customer service and demand your funds back?
Report Darlo Bantam August 24, 2018 12:37 AM BST
Yes. I declined. It's not the point. I've just asked for a fairer suspension when VAR in play. My profits in this situation were after the VAR decision but I've been hindered by Betfair's failure and not for the first time.
Report lord skywalker August 24, 2018 12:40 AM BST
you cant demand your funds back, you tried to gain a  unfair advantage over other punters so rightly betfair pulled the funds back
Report Darlo Bantam August 24, 2018 12:46 AM BST
Unfair advantage? What?

My bets were nothing to do with the VAR. I just want Betfair to return to a policy of suspend when there is or may be a goal or penalty and unsuspend when the game restarts. Players are only gaining an unfair advantage because Betfair are making a royal mess of it.
Report jimmythewon August 24, 2018 8:36 AM BST
The point is not over Bf "forgetting" to suspend an actively managed in play market (another abuse of the English language here). The point is: who made the mistake? The answer is clear: Bf did. Their rule is however that if Bf makes a mistake Bf does not lose. Bf is failing to point out the obvious; Bf should accept responsibility for their own mistake. It is not a matter of it being "unfair" that members whose unmatched bets were matched subsequent to the penalty award and hence "lost". It is a matter of Bf making restitution for their own error. They simply allow the matched bets to stand for the period until they did suspend but recompense the members who lost out by their failure to suspend. This is not a matter of the interpretation of your own rules (great if I could interpret the tax rules of the UK when it comes to deciding how much tax I should pay) but of paying for your own mistakes. That concept is beyond the thought of the tiny minds in "We never lose exchange". Are they going belly up because of this mistake?
Report lurka August 24, 2018 11:03 AM BST
BF doesn't lose whether it makes a mistake or not. What they have done is reversed bets that wouldn't have been matched if they had suspended on time, ie if they hadn't made a mistake, which is what should have happened. You can complain about the length of time it took them to do that, or that they should suspend and not reopen the markets until the game resumes in VAR cases or that it is very difficult to know what your trading position is if some of your bets might be reversed after the match but you can't complain about money being taken out of your account if it was the right thing to do and was wrongly credited in the first place. The money taken goes back to the person it was wrongly taken from, which is only fair.
Report the man August 24, 2018 5:14 PM BST
I had pre-match lay bets in the under/over 0.5 1st half goals, under/over 1.5 1st half goals and under/over 2.5 first half goals in a Brazilian game

They fail to cancel unmatched bets and put the market IR at kick off and with the score 0-0 my bets start to get taken throughout the first half on the unders. My final bet of under 2.5 goals is taken with 42 minutes gone. I complain and they say bets stand because no material event has occured. How is 42 minutes of no goals in a under/over market not a material event?
Report sofiakenny August 24, 2018 5:50 PM BST
I blame these cheapo Roomanians.
Report qwerty135 August 24, 2018 7:02 PM BST
@the man:  42 minutes without a goal isn't a material event.  Unless your bets were "keep" bets though, then you've been very unlucky, but Betfair have settled according to their rules and regs.  (I'm not saying that I agree with the rules and regs on this though)

For the purpose of these Exchange Rules, a "Material Event" shall mean a goal being scored, a penalty being awarded or a player being sent off.

If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not suspend the market at kick-off (so unmatched bets are not cancelled at that time), but the market is turned in-play at a later time during the match, all bets matched after the scheduled time of the kick-off and before the first "Material Event" will stand. However, if there has been one or more "Material Events", any bets matched between the first "Material Event" and the market being turned in-play will be void.
Report the man August 24, 2018 7:19 PM BST
I understand that they have settled in accordance with their rules but they are hiding behind it to cover their incompetence.

It was probably only me or a couple of others as market makers that have been affected. What if it had happened on a World Cup game with thousands up?
Report Darlo Bantam August 24, 2018 9:35 PM BST
Bayern VAR tonight is quite interesting. The goal was ruled out so theoretically they should cancel the bets, but instead an entirely different goal was scored.
Report pizzaro August 24, 2018 10:17 PM BST
Bayern VAR tonight is quite interesting. The goal was ruled out so theoretically they should cancel the bets, but instead an entirely different goal was scored. yes i backed 3.1 also layed 1.1 took all moneys back kekin twice this week fek betfair
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com