Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ac
20 Jul 18 14:18
| Topic/replies: 267 | Blogger: ac's blog
Where has the everton transfer thread gone ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 278
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 20 Jul 18 14:34
Same place as Everton transfers have gone?
By:
DIE LINKE
When: 20 Jul 18 14:39
BFS had it removed.
By:
DixiEnormus
When: 20 Jul 18 18:53
we in for saha then ?
By:
Dav_vin03
When: 21 Jul 18 09:19
Ashley Williams agent was told to find him a new club.
Williams didn't ant to leave but also wanted to play so accepted his time at everton was up.
Agent cant find a club that will get anywhere near his current wages.
Williams informed, Williams returns to Everton for pre-season and tells the club he wants to fight for his place.
By:
Captain carnage
When: 21 Jul 18 15:11
50 mill on a guy with a similar but on paper worse pedigree than Bolasie.

Just couldn't make this up. Fat Sam must have been up all night wetting/laughing himself silly.

Has this new sexy manager realised that Williams/Keane/Jags/Baines is a recipe for complete and utter disaster this year?
By:
DixiEnormus
When: 23 Jul 18 15:43
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marco-silva-reveals-everton-formation-14750574
By:
Swagger
When: 23 Jul 18 18:50
Do we actually know what the actual base fee is? Most likely between £35-£40 million with add-ons such as...

2 million;
if Everton win the league over the next five years
if Everton win the Champions League over the next five years

2 million;
if Everton finish in the top 4 over the next five years

etc

In other words the total fee will be £35-£40 million!

I thought he was very impressive under Silva at Watford. Young lad who played a ton of games, I think he has a lot of potential and has already proved he can perform in the premier league - he has to do it more consistently but given his age, he has every chance in my opinion.

Bolasie is a good lad but was obviously a poor signing at the time - played for average teams before Palace and had it all to prove when already well into his career, i.e. little scope to improve further and in reality hasn't.

I think Silva will do well but realistically a decent cup run and circa 60 points in the league should be the targets for next season.
By:
Captain carnage
When: 23 Jul 18 21:28
23 goals in 104 career appearances.

Non from Nov last year, no assists after Dec of last year.

50 mill. Only the diehards who hated Alladyce are praying. The rest of the world know its complete and utter
joke.
By:
Captain carnage
When: 23 Jul 18 21:30
For that money we should be getting a young, hungry 1 in 2 player from a major league.

The chairman has to back the new manager but he must bury his head in a plastic bag and be sick
everytime our director of football or manager asks to buy a player.
By:
miscreant man
When: 23 Jul 18 23:03
I wonder if a sweetener is factored in to make the ''tapping up'' go away?

Whatever, the market is crazy and the price is well over inflated but taking it at present day fees (can anybody say what's a market price in this day and age?) a 1 in 2 for £40m ain't going to happen however much we dislike it.
By:
Swagger
When: 24 Jul 18 00:26
I completely agree that the transfer fee is crazy and inflated but I don't think it's £50 million, I think it's more like £38-£40 million down payment.

In reality it's the current market. It's horrible, disgusting etc but what can you do about it? If you don't spend money then you simply fall further behind, aside from Leicester City it's all about money. United and City pretty much spent the most money last season and finished...1st and 2nd.

People will always say x was too much for y etc. I remember people said West Ham were mugs for paying 7 million for Dean Ashton, sadly injury ruined his career but he turned out to be the catalyst in almost winning the FA Cup for them. Some laughed at Man City paying £55 million for Kevin De Bruyne 3 years back as Chelsea sold him for shy of £20 million a few years beforehand...he is now regarded as one of the best players in the world in his position (I saw him play a blinder for Wolfsburg against us in the Volkswagen Arena yet we somehow bagged a 2-0 win - Super Kev!) and the list goes on. Let's give him a chance first before completely ruling him as a bust!

The reality is that Richarlison is 21 years old. Even if he is terrible, has a shocking time of it...we still get something like £25 million for him as a team somewhere, maybe China, will take a chance on him. I think he will do well and to be honest, he is the type of player we need to take a flyer on if we are to progress otherwise we will most likely be paying over the odds for guys over the hill and who have no sell on value.

I can't believe people are still banging the drum about Sam Allardyce. We need look no further than his judgement towards John Stones who was in reality, a central figure in carrying England to the Semi Finals of the World Cup. Allardyce would have gone with that clown Phil Jones...in which case England would not have reached the semi finals. To give someone like that any credibility is embarrassing.

Let's focus on the future and not dwell on the past.
By:
the geek
When: 24 Jul 18 13:21
nice to see a chairman backing the manager.
By:
TheGoldenVision
When: 24 Jul 18 20:58
Here we go again...

Richarlison to sign for Everton (news broke a week ago)

Richarlison having medical (Friday???)

4 days later... nothing!!!!

That must be some fwcking medical.

Once again we look like a bunch of amateurs... perhaps we actually are!
By:
gotitwrong-
When: 24 Jul 18 22:28
officially announced - 5 year deal
By:
Captain carnage
When: 25 Jul 18 00:28
Swagger - did you watch Stones during his everton career? Mistake after mistake, game after game. He was not a regular at our club and many supporters saw him for what he was. We burgled Man City for the money. The guy cant defend - as said by respected members of staff at Goodison `the fella has never been a defender'.

Playing some passes out of defence is all well and good but did you see the goal that Croatia scored to knock us out. It was a basic defending mistake that Mr Stones has been making since day dot.

He can get away with spunking off goals at Man City (they score so many at other end) but even Guardialo has realised his ridiculous mistake by not playing him.

Numerous punters I know who actually analyse football properly proclaimed pre comp that a Stones mistake wuld cost England their world cup. Another coup landed.
By:
easykc1
When: 29 Jul 18 21:59
we are in big trouble if we dont make at least 3 decent signings
By:
TheGoldenVision
When: 29 Jul 18 22:13
Pre-season games give you a bit of an idea where the team is going. Results mean nothing but team and individual performances give an indication of the way forward.

Most of these games have resulted in Everton being played off the park and, with 2 weeks to go, things don't look too good.

Defence is everything. Big Sam showed that. If your back door is solid, you can build your offence accordingly.

Letting in 3 of 4 means you need to score 4 or 5... do we have the players to score 4 or 5 every game?

Doubt it, but it looks as if we can still leak 3 or 4 goals every game.

Of course we can buy a shed load of players to put things right but I was hoping Mr Silva would have had the tactical nous to get the best out of what he has available.

If this season starts of poorly we'll struggle big time.
By:
TheGoldenVision
When: 29 Jul 18 22:30
The fact that Richarlison has been man of the match on 2 out of 2 is worrying. I'd expect him to run around like a looney trying to make an impression but... why would he have to make an impression??

Where are the established first teamers?

Don't they care?? Why aren't they running around trying to impress the new boss???

It's as if they couldn't give a fwck... do the hours, pick up the wage.
By:
When: 30 Jul 18 19:06
Yerry Mina Instagram hint
This is vintage transfer window behaviour from Barcelona centre-back Yerry Mina.

The Barcelona star has dropped a major hint that he’s joining Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.

Everton were previously thought to have snapped up the Colombia international for a fee of £27million.

But his social media activity suggests otherwise.

Mina, 23, has followed Manchester United's official club account as well as Antonio Valencia and Paul Pogba on his Instagram account.

He’s also deleted any affiliation with Barcelona on his Instagram bio
By:
charwell.
When: 31 Jul 18 16:28
Always another Man Utd cast off in the wings.......once more they will kindly let you know your place by letting you pay over the odds on the useless Rojo.
By:
TheGoldenVision
When: 31 Jul 18 21:11
So in Charwell speak any club selling a player makes that player a cast off LaughLaugh

Suarez Liverpol cast off
Coutinho ditto
Alison, Roma cast off??
Salah ditto.
Mane? Clyne? Lovren? Lalana? Lambert? VvD? All Southampton cast offs in Charwells wacky world.

You're fixated son Crazy... get a grip ffs.
By:
charwell.
When: 01 Aug 18 00:29
It may have escaped you but there is a difference between buying and selling top class players who are in high demand than being the dumping ground for sh1t players.....

You have a fondness of being the retirement home for rancid Utd players...... Neville, Schneiderlin, Gibson, Cleverley etc......yet they take your best players - Rooney, Fellani, Lukaku. You couldn't bend over backwards more if you tried! As such. you won't escape the sea of mediocrity with which you're swimming in Wink
By:
DixiEnormus
When: 01 Aug 18 15:49
we now have legs on the flanks
coleman walcot
richalrison digne 
made massive difference to man city so hopefully we can progress
By:
Capt__F
When: 01 Aug 18 16:09
dixie normas bettor
By:
TheGoldenVision
When: 05 Aug 18 12:32
Looking like we still can't defend so I reckon it's gonna be a long, long season Sad
By:
miscreant man
When: 05 Aug 18 21:49
Just heard Mina is done.
By:
Captain carnage
When: 06 Aug 18 17:03
Thank God. 2 more centre halfs and we my have something to build on.

Charwell you goat. Its way, way, better to have witnessed dross after dross, after cast off has beens. Than to have had some truly world class players and won fnnnck all. The later is v v painful.
By:
Captain carnage
When: 06 Aug 18 17:06
If youv'e never had serious dough you think its bad not to have it but it doesn't hurt, you dont even know what yoru missing.

If you've had the cake and then go skint that is serious pain.
By:
easykc1
When: 06 Aug 18 18:43
still no mina confirmed another guess by miscreant?
By:
Captain carnage
When: 06 Aug 18 23:26
Who cares theres a million of them in africa. Get Yobo back. Anyone who can `run fast'.
By:
ac
When: 09 Aug 18 12:16
Calm before the storm.
By:
Insanity Later
When: 09 Aug 18 18:15
miscreant man
05 Aug 18 20:49
| Topic/replies: 13,117 | Blogger: miscreant man's blog
Just heard Mina is done.

Never a moments worry. Happy

Bernard and Gomes also done.
By:
ac
When: 09 Aug 18 18:30
Very good transfer window.
By:
Insanity Later
When: 09 Aug 18 18:34
Looks like Kurt Zouma on loan too.
By:
Swagger
When: 09 Aug 18 18:48
Excellent transfer window.

Shame we didn't offload some of the dead wood but that will happen over time.

Tosun is far too slow to play in the type of system Silva will play but he will be serviceable with Richarlison,Bernard and either Walcott/Sigurdsson in behind.

Mina could be immense and should Zouma signs then that should put the pressure on Keane to buck up his ideas.

Gomez has potential - good risk to take for such little liability.

We have excellent full backs.

We need a few more to really get ahead of ourselves but boy we are looking so much better than when we got turned over by West Ham a few months back!
By:
miscreant man
When: 09 Aug 18 19:53
Wink
By:
miscreant man
When: 09 Aug 18 22:42
Vlasic gone Besic soon to go hopefully Bolaise and Martina to follow
By:
gotitwrong-
When: 09 Aug 18 22:43
zouma loan gone through ,mm ?