Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
akabula
19 Jul 18 20:51
| Topic/replies: 44,745 | Blogger: akabula's blog
Hearts have admitted to "inadvertently" fielding an ineligible player in their Scottish League Cup group-stage victory over Cove Rangers.
The club will face a hearing on Monday after Andrew Irving, 18, came on in the 65th-minute of Wednesday's 2-1 win.
Chief executive Anne Budge spoke of Hearts' "embarrassment" after admitting they failed to register the player's new deal, which he signed in January.

"While stringent processes are in place, mistakes can happen," she said.
Budge, who apologised to the fans, Cove, and the football authorities, added that the club would add an "additional step in our internal procedures" to ensure there is no repeat,
Hearts representative will attending Monday's Scottish Professional Football League hearing, where sanctions will be determined.
Pause Switch to Standard View Hearts fielded an ileligible player v...
Show More
Report akabula July 19, 2018 9:52 PM BST
In Europe it's an automatic 3-0 win to the opposition.
What's the rule in Scotland. I think something similar happened last year.
Anyone remember it?
Report trilby22 July 19, 2018 10:12 PM BST
I laid Hearts last night.  Do I get my money back?
Report danbhoy July 19, 2018 11:40 PM BST
What's the rule in Scotland?
Depends, you can always use the Sandy Bryson "improperly registered" excuse.
Report Crisp77 July 20, 2018 10:14 AM BST
Cove Rangers are baying for blood
Report donny osmond July 20, 2018 10:17 AM BST
dont think anything happens in england

one team reached a cup final not so long back after fielding a ringer in early round
Report Crisp77 July 20, 2018 10:26 AM BST
So maybe Hearts will be coasting into the next round?
Report sparrow July 20, 2018 12:04 PM BST
donny osmond    Joined: 02 Mar 08
Replies: 77750 20 Jul 18 10:17 
dont think anything happens in england

one team reached a cup final not so long back after fielding a ringer in early round

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis today grudgingly accepted a 're-staging' of his side's Worthington Cup quarter-final clash with West Ham "for the sake of football".

The Football League last night ordered a replay of a game West Ham initially won on penalties, but will have to go through again after fielding an ineligible player in striker Manny Omoyimni.

Hammers manager Harry Redknapp has described the entire saga as "a ****-up" which could cost his side millions of pounds given a place in Europe is at stake for the overall victors of the competition.

Ellis admitted he could easily have pursued the matter via a Football League commission and felt confident such a panel would have thrown West Ham out of the competition, which was his ultimate aim.

But following lengthy discussions with West Ham chairman Terry Brown, League secretary David Dent - and with Premier League chairman Dave Richards acting as an arbiter - Ellis finally backed down.

Ellis, however, has insisted Villa fans - those who can produce ticket stubs for the original tie - be let in for free, which the Hammers have agreed to and are to follow suit for their own supporters, with any new fans having to pay.
Report donny osmond July 20, 2018 12:07 PM BST
wasnt thinking of that one ...

Sunderland have been fined by the Premier League after they fielded an ineligible player in four league matches earlier in the season.

Striker Ji Dong-Won, 22, played against Fulham, Southampton, Crystal Palace and Manchester United before Sunderland informed the Premier League they had made an administrative error.

It is understood they were made aware of the error in December and Sunderland settled the fine in early 2014.

The club will not be deducted points.

Sunderland were also fined by the Football League because the player appeared in the Capital One Cup victory over MK Dons in August.

Club secretary Liz Coley has left the club but sources at Sunderland insist it was not as a result of the error.

Sunderland were fined because they failed to gain international clearance for the South Korea international after he returned to the club from a loan spell at German club Augsburg last season.

The Premier League club did not realise they needed to seek international clearance for a second time when he returned to England. He should not have been involved in any matches before the club received written confirmation from the German Football Association.

The Premier League has refused to comment.

Ji joined the Black Cats for an undisclosed fee from South Korean side Chunnam Dragons in June 2011.

Sunderland took only one point from the four league matches in which the striker featured when ineligible, losing 1-0 at home to Fulham on 17 August and drawing 1-1 at Southampton on 24 August, before losing 3-1 away to Palace on 31 August and 2-1 at home to Manchester United on 5 October.

Ji also played in the 4-2 victory over Milton Keynes Dons in the Capital One Cup second round on 27 August.
Report sparrow July 20, 2018 12:09 PM BST
Donny, you said "dont think anything happens in england"   I was replying to that statement and nothing else.
Report donny osmond July 20, 2018 12:15 PM BST
fair enough,
Report donny osmond July 20, 2018 12:15 PM BST
i was being a little flippant
Report Crisp77 July 20, 2018 12:33 PM BST
Dock them some points
Report iamajambo July 20, 2018 2:37 PM BST
As we all know there is one rule for the Huns,i.e. look away, and another rule for the rest of us,so it will be interesting to see how the Glasgow Football Association handle this one.
Report Crisp77 July 20, 2018 2:49 PM BST
Well someone should start to turn the tide
Report milla445 July 20, 2018 5:08 PM BST
It was Albion Rovers in the Challenge Cup last year Aka, kicked out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41038340

I'd be all for the same to happen to Hearts, but as its at the group stage I doubt they'll be thrown out of the competition straight away. Will make it tricky for them to qualify, which would be even funnier. Again.

Not to mention any points for Cove are bad points.
Report akabula July 23, 2018 6:03 PM BST
Fined and docked 2 league cup points.
Report Crisp77 July 23, 2018 6:26 PM BST
That kind of punishment was a shore thing.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com