Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewisham ranger
10 Jul 18 22:50
| Topic/replies: 5,280 | Blogger: lewisham ranger's blog
Yes Mbappe sensational player and they defend very well. But maputi and griezzman dive more than Neymar.

The way the commentators go on you'd think they are the best team since Brazil in 1970. Would they beat Croatia? Absolutely. But I'm still clinging to the hope that England can shake them up a bit.
Pause Switch to Standard View France overhyped.
Show More
Report n88uk July 10, 2018 9:58 PM BST
Can't see England breaking them down at all tbh, and let's be real how many England players would actually get in the French team? Like 2 probably, and France left players at home who would walk into England's team.
Report lewisham ranger July 10, 2018 10:00 PM BST
For all France's nice play, and strong defence, how many golden/gilt chances did they actually create tonight? Maybe 2/3 at most. Belgium looked mentally tired for me. It's a big if, but if England can get past Croatia comfortably enough I fancy them to shake up les blues.
Report mesmerised July 10, 2018 10:03 PM BST
Is Mbappe sensational? running very fast seems to be his biggest asset rather than technical ability.
Report ffaith July 10, 2018 10:04 PM BST
I don't think England (touch wood they reach the final)need to break them down.  However a few set pieces and corners should test their resolve.
Report n88uk July 10, 2018 10:05 PM BST
France have been strong off set pieces themselves.
Report Charlton2005 July 10, 2018 10:11 PM BST
germany, brazil and argentina were overhyped. france if anything, yet to actually find top gear, are probably underhyped
Report Callisto-moon July 10, 2018 10:32 PM BST
mbappe just pace? you see the skills he produced?
back heels with perfect distribution.

who ever faces france in the final are in for it.
Report lewisham ranger July 10, 2018 10:36 PM BST
in for it?

no they're not in for it. France are good but as stated above they're not unbeatable. Mbappe is a brilliant player, but he's not maradona. He's pretty good though as world cups go. I'd put him above messi certainly in terms of his impact in a world cup.

but to be fair, if England get to the world cup final, what do you expect? Of course it's going to be tough, it's the world cup final. you're not going to get it handed to you, you know you have to beat a very good team, and france are that, but they're not the monsters some seem to be making them out to be. I think England would have a punchers chance of beating them, while I'm sure that France would beat croatia.
Report tobermory July 10, 2018 10:38 PM BST
France a better match up for England than Belgium would have been as Deschamps so negative.

Belgium I think would have blown England away. France go 1-0 up and they will just try and hang on while England lump it forward til they get lucky.
Report ProSniper July 10, 2018 10:38 PM BST

The frogs have reached the final without breaking sweat. They brushed the overrated waffles aside(who were lucky Brazil let them off last round)..and they'll beat the Croats in a similar display. Under the guidance of Deschamps, it's silly to expect them to play with the shackles off. It would be fun to see them get pushed into more direct action, but there's no team left that looks capable of that. The purists among us can be left screaming for much more from them, but when Deschamps and his side are cantering around(in respect for the rhythm that won them it Laugh) celebrating with the worlds greatest trophy, they won't give a flying **** what anyone says.
Report lewisham ranger July 10, 2018 11:13 PM BST
spot on tobermony. france will try and win 1-0 like tonight. if they go 1-0 up it wouldn't take the greatest imagination to see england equalising with a late set piece, 1-1 it goes into extra time it's anyones.
Report Diff-rent July 10, 2018 11:53 PM BST
I'm English and of course want us to win.. But hey let's be fair here... How many English players would make France's top 11 ??
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 12:15 AM BST
Very short memories if you peeps can't recall les bleus choking in a final.
Report betting_masta July 11, 2018 12:26 AM BST
France the best team left in the competition on my ratings, been consistently excellent, defensively superb, and their performance in the knockout rounds has got better. They are winning this cup, gentlemen.
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 12:36 AM BST
Southgate is very thorough and he will have his psychological profiling team look into the factors which caused them to choke in the euro 2016 final and do what he can to replicate those conditions.
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 12:39 AM BST
#cumminghome
Report n88uk July 11, 2018 12:43 AM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 12:53AM, Diff-rent wrote:

I'm English and of course want us to win.. But hey let's be fair here... How many English players would make France's top 11 ??

Kane and Walker/Trippier, that's it.

Report mesmerised July 11, 2018 12:54 AM BST
How many of Portugal's players would have got into France's team in 2016 final for definite ?

And he wasn't on the pitch for 95 minutes.

We know who won there and the goalscorer was 75+ minute sub.

It's true only Kane would definitely get into France's team, but it can mean nothing on the day.

Trippier wouldn't get into France's team because he plays as a right wing back. France don't play with one. They also play four at the back, would Walker get there over Pavard? I think Pavard has been very good.

Kane is about it, but really as said above, can mean nothing in a 1 off match.
Report lurka July 11, 2018 1:03 AM BST
Feels like I've just woken up on Thursday and England must have beaten Croatia last night.
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 1:05 AM BST
Answer is still 1
Report mouse muldoon July 11, 2018 1:06 AM BST
Modric
Report Lifter July 11, 2018 5:22 AM BST
How many of Englands team would get into the 2010 England World Cup team?

I'd still fancy the current team to win.
Report monkeystyle July 11, 2018 6:27 AM BST
Kane into France 1st 11 ? maybe , but with 3 pens of of 5 goals, that ain't that good. He's no Hurst, Lineker, Shearer not by a looong shot. Perhaps marginally better than Giroud.
Report sonofshinner July 11, 2018 7:53 AM BST
wouldnt like giroud playing for my club side..hes bloody awful..div one.
Report stu July 11, 2018 10:19 AM BST
It's interesting to look back at France's first game in this WC - struggling to beat an average Aussie side at 1-1 late in the game.
The beeb report even used the term 'plodding midfield' to describe them.

Of course they've improved, but it shows how easy teams become rated 'great' or 'average' in this tournament.
Report stu July 11, 2018 10:20 AM BST
From beeb in fuller:

While all the pre-match talk was of France's much vaunted front three, Ousmane Dembele, Griezmann and Kylian Mbappe were largely ineffective.

Mbappe - the youngest Frenchman to play in a major tournament at 19 years and six months - offered the most danger but was contained by a well-drilled Australian defence, coupled with a plodding French midfield.

Griezmann did score from the penalty spot, but he looked a shadow of the player who scored seven times and provided two assists in his past two major tournaments.

Both he and Dembele were withdrawn after 70 minutes after largely anonymous displays.

Olivier Giroud, Griezmann's replacement, struggled to get involved but he crucially laid the ball into Pogba, advancing from midfield, for the winning goal.
Report lurka July 11, 2018 11:01 AM BST
Griezmann and Mbappe have been more disappointing than Giroud for me. Their attack has improved since Giroud came back into the team.
Report portmanpark July 11, 2018 11:06 AM BST
Lewisham......think you are watching a different England to the rest of us
Report mesmerised July 11, 2018 11:28 AM BST
Greizmann is not top drawer and never has been, Atletico is his level.
Report Platini July 11, 2018 11:44 AM BST
Greedyman is deffo over-rated, but obv a good player.

Giroud is a donkey at this level.

But they have an excellent keeper in Loris, and outstanding players like Verane, Pavard, Kante, Pogba, Matuidi,  and of course the mercurial Mbappe.
Report DIE LINKE July 11, 2018 12:03 PM BST
Belgians whinging about anti-football. Simple answer to that is "look in the history book, chaps!"
Report MJK July 11, 2018 12:14 PM BST
Griezmann isn't in the team to specifically score goals, he's there to knit it all together.
Report TheBetterBettor July 11, 2018 12:31 PM BST
Report crepello July 11, 2018 12:32 PM BST
I wish we had a player like Griezmann in our team - for me, he is top class ....
Report JC1326 July 11, 2018 12:43 PM BST

Jul 10, 2018 -- 10:58PM, n88uk wrote:

Can't see England breaking them down at all tbh, and let's be real how many England players would actually get in the French team? Like 2 probably, and France left players at home who would walk into England's team.

You don't have a scooby doo. Also, when someone uses the word ''like'' for no apparent reason, it makes them sound like a bit of a f*cknugget, fyi.

Report JC1326 July 11, 2018 12:48 PM BST
France are all right. But a lot of people, as usual, are overreacting. Be the type of mugs that'll rush out and back them for the trophy immediately after. Belgium were so negative last night, so it's difficult to assess the French performance. Their defence looks good, the midfield is working hard, Griezmann's been non existant but Mbappe has been excellent. Certainly wouldn't be worried about facing them in the final, though I would make them slight favorites right now
Report Can't Catch Me July 11, 2018 12:50 PM BST
In think France have looked excellent personally. And strongly fancy them to outclass whoever they face in the Final.
Report sickoflayinwinners July 11, 2018 12:55 PM BST
i think we will get by croatia, not certain though, and france would be favs against croatia but also not certain to beat the croats.
Report MJK July 11, 2018 1:01 PM BST
Neither England or Croatia would've beaten France last night imop.
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 1:03 PM BST
Quote • Block User JC1326 • July 11, 2018 12:48 PM BST
France are all right. Oooooh jc still bitter
Report sickoflayinwinners July 11, 2018 1:06 PM BST
on this "who would get into this team or that" i wouldn't have fernandez as a gift,i like geroud but no way would he be required by england, kante is a fine fetch and carrier but there are loads and loads like him.griezman has done nothing to make me envious of france, matuidi loads of energy but limited skill.ommitting mbappe and lorris(overall pick fords done fine) pogba on a going day we like but on his average premiership performance he's nothing to swoon over.i believe theres all but nothing between england france and croatia not far behind them.de bruyne clearly a great player but if any english midfielder had given the ball away the way he did last night they'd be slated ruthlessly.obviously its odds against we come past both croatia and france but for certain we have discovered a system that these players can stick to and in time improve on. whatever happens this week we will go into the european championships with realistic prospects. I'm certainties players are far from our best group of players we've had but organisation and familiarity team spirit can make up for this
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 1:09 PM BST
The world cup is Mickey mouse, so you are telling Engerland are a better team than Brazil because they are in the semis? It's luck and Lady luck has been kind this time to engerland. Ok let me put it this way it's like when you get two aces pre flop then 3 aces hit on the flop it's the same thing, so the world cup shouldn't be taken too seriously just a bit of fun where everyone joins in has a beer and a laugh, the CL is a more serious cup where you can gauge teams far better.
Report sickoflayinwinners July 11, 2018 1:18 PM BST
i don't think anyones saying eng are better than brazil but in a one off game they'd have some sort of a chance of beating them.any knockout competition demands  the winners to get lucky somewhere and of course the best teams doesn't  always win (greece tells us that if we didn't know already)as I've said many times before you can get knocked out  without losing a game (3 draws  in the groups) and you can win the comp with out winning a game, (3 draws in the groups) then 4 winning pen shoot outs. obviously all of these teams played a league  home and away the better sides would come to the front and the weaker sides would fill the bottom places. BUT ITS NOT so anyone of 8 or 10 have some kind of chance of lifting world cups, euro championships..
Report mesmerised July 11, 2018 1:24 PM BST
Every World Cup or Euro win carries a certain amount of weight depending upon who you've beaten along the way.

But England has had their fair share of bad luck or near misses

86 - Maradona's cheating for the first goal, with the second being irrelevant as it would never of happened without the first, the pattern of play would have been completely different.

90 - lost on penalties

96 - lost of penalties

98 - lost on penalties

02 - lost to the flukiest goal you'll ever seen v Brazil.

04 - lost on penalties

06 - lost on penalties

10 - Lampards goal clearly over the line v Germany (though they were still far superior)

12 - lost on penalties

14 - group of death with Uruguay and Italy

16 - Roy had Harry Kane taking corners.

in 2018 we've had a soft run to the semi's but given how many times we've been ko'd without losing in 120 minutes in football and been cheated..............who now gives a f***Laugh

The only thing I don't like is everyone saying 'it's coming home' I just find that a bit nauseating.

Still it would be France in the final, and whoever beats France, that still makes it a great win because they are the real deal.
Report JC1326 July 11, 2018 1:25 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 2:09PM, mega88 wrote:

The world cup is Mickey mouse, so you are telling Engerland are a better team than Brazil because they are in the semis? It's luck and Lady luck has been kind this time to engerland. Ok let me put it this way it's like when you get two aces pre flop then 3 aces hit on the flop it's the same thing, so the world cup shouldn't be taken too seriously just a bit of fun where everyone joins in has a beer and a laugh, the CL is a more serious cup where you can gauge teams far better.

It weirds me out when you're lucid and using cogent sentences. Please just stick to posting boll0x and pictures of Jack Nicholson, cheers

Report Platini July 11, 2018 1:27 PM BST
Any "bad luck" is karma for the goal that wasn't a goal in 66

As for 86, Diego would have scored no matter what happened before. He scored as he liked, when he liked.
Report mesmerised July 11, 2018 1:31 PM BST
it's never been scientifically proven that goal in 66 was not over the line or would not have been given with VAR.

Nobody can conclusively say that Maradonna would have scored after that handball goal, it's just guesswork.
Report howard July 11, 2018 1:35 PM BST
We can beat anybody. Can score a couple from corners any game. And we will likely press France more than we would have pressed Belgium. All providing we beat Croatia.
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 1:36 PM BST
If Englerland beat France in the final then they get the credit they deserve, and the easy run will not be valid imo
Report johnnythebull July 11, 2018 1:37 PM BST
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 1:39 PM BST
People underestimating Croatia here, really decent side, modric is unreal be careful peeps specially u JC1326 no go doing those silly odds again.
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 1:42 PM BST
Modric is like a poor man's pirlo but still joy to watch
Report johnnythebull July 11, 2018 1:42 PM BST
lot of hubris around atm..just have a feeling Croatia turn up 2nite and we'll be endeavouring to gain revenge over Belgium

Russia have been great hosts but it has been a strange WC..too many top sides underperforming and even those left not producing anything memorable..guess that's the nature of the KO phase

must be the residual Novichock in the airGrin
Report duncan idaho July 11, 2018 1:55 PM BST
sickoflayinwinners 11 Jul 18

kante is a fine fetch and carrier but there are loads and loads like him

simply not true...cant think of anyone else who has played that role with his athleticism and speed of recovery (usually cos they are bigger units)
Report hong kong fooey July 11, 2018 2:21 PM BST
Its not just France overhyped.All teams have been. By these pundit/commentators
to try and justify their over paid jobs. Mbappe looked fast and had some  nice touches
Hes the next Pele according the Pundits .Crazy
Report mega88 July 11, 2018 2:21 PM BST
Any way I shan't be watching maybe catch first twenty love island is on, I shall watch the final though
Report mesmerised July 11, 2018 2:44 PM BST

Jul 11, 2018 -- 2:25PM, JC1326 wrote:

Jul 11, 2018 --  1:09PM, mega88 wrote:The world cup is Mickey mouse, so you are telling Engerland are a better team than Brazil because they are in the semis? It's luck and Lady luck has been kind this time to engerland. Ok let me put it this way it's like when you get two aces pre flop then 3 aces hit on the flop it's the same thing, so the world cup shouldn't be taken too seriously just a bit of fun where everyone joins in has a beer and a laugh, the CL is a more serious cup where you can gauge teams far better.It weirds me out when you're lucid and using cogent sentences. Please just stick to posting boll0x and pictures of Jack Nicholson, cheers

that can't be megaShocked

Report DIE LINKE July 11, 2018 2:49 PM BST
Funny that Jack Nicholson is mentioned as this place is turning more and more into a Ken Kesey novel.
Report JC1326 July 11, 2018 2:54 PM BST
Indeed.

All world cup and no play makes GEESUSS, themightymug, jamesdean, badjoe ect a seething mug
All world cup and no play makes GEESUSS, themightymug, jamesdean, badjoe ect a seething mug
Report MJK July 11, 2018 9:53 PM BST

Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:03PM, mesmerised wrote:

Is Mbappe sensational? running very fast seems to be his biggest asset rather than technical ability.

Enough about Sterling, what about Mbappe.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com