Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
spyker
05 Feb 18 15:44
| Topic/replies: 7,861 | Blogger: spyker's blog
So he admits cheating then as it wasn't the contact that knocked him down but the fact he felt it and decided to go down? The problem is that pretty much everyone sees it as acceptable (note all the former players saying when there is contact a player is entitled to go down) that when touched they can fall over and claim a foul, when in fact you can be fouled without being touched (having to hurdle but fall as a result, so contact is irrelevant) and contact can happen but it isn't enough (in opinion of ref) to cause the a over t of the attacker.
The point being that now a player is touched and straight away he dives on the floor be it a hand on the back or a tiny tap on the leg is so embedded in the game that we are probably at the point of no return and var won't sort it out. I can't see the payers cheating less either as there is no incentive not to and plenty to encourage it. Well done Harry for being so honest and admitting there wasn't enough of a touch to get you down like you ended up.
Pause Switch to Standard View 'I felt contact and I went down' H. Kane
Show More
Report enpassant February 5, 2018 5:02 PM GMT
We all surely know what Kane does, he's done it for several seasons now. The 'tottenham leg' has benn refined to a fine art by Kane. It's cheating and the fact that Ref's still allow him to get away with it means Var MUST COME IN. Our Ref's are shocking.
Add to Kane, Ali's dive and Lamela's leg amputation dive.
Report TheBetterBettor February 5, 2018 5:48 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g83YVVUSg2o&t=6m20s

pity firmino couldn't admit to the same crime
Report portmanpark February 5, 2018 5:51 PM GMT
they should give kane a 3 match ban
Report Geesyerdosh February 5, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
If there is contact but not enough to impede you in any way and you then throw yourself to the floor and that is seen as a foul and also as acceptable to do then surely any player that feels any contact whether standing still at a corner or any situation is entitled to throw himself to the floor and expect a penalty?
Report enpassant February 5, 2018 6:08 PM GMT
Hazard got a pen because Bellerin's foot contacted the sole of Hazard's boot. he of course fell acrobatically and duly got his pen. A week later the same thing actually happened to Bellerin. He however stayed on his feet : result....no pen.
So we now have the unedifying sitaution that you must go down like a dying swan to have any chance of a pen. Kane is the master (in or out of the area) for throwing his legs at oppenents to then dive and get free kicks and pens. Sad for the game but Ref's are so poor what can be got away with will be exploited.
Report lybertyne February 5, 2018 6:16 PM GMT
How are you supposed to tackle someone in the penalty area if all you need is "contact" for a foul to be given?
Report enpassant February 5, 2018 6:24 PM GMT
Ref's seem oblivious to who is actually making contact happen in many cases. How has it come to this where a player throws himself (body or leg) at another player and gets the foul ?
Report charwell. February 5, 2018 6:49 PM GMT
Bedwetter you are really pathetic. Firmino only had eyes for the ball and was blatantly pushed.

Kane dived with no contact from the GK. He initiated the contact. IF you can't see the difference then you should stop watching the game.

If Kane was Johnny Foreigner and the GK was George Whitebread from Halifax, then everybody would be up in arms about these cheating wrong uns diving.

English players are so protected by the officials, FA and media.
Report 1st time poster February 5, 2018 7:24 PM GMT
so a goalie is allowed to come out spread his whole body plus his hands,doesnt touch the ball makes contact with a striker and you think it isn't a penalty,if a centre half goes flying in dives sideways on doesn't touch the ball but touches the player its a foul all day long
Report enpassant February 5, 2018 7:33 PM GMT
For goodness sake, Kane nearly had to dislocate his leg to find the contact.
Report TheBetterBettor February 5, 2018 8:42 PM GMT
Why would Kane dive on purpose when he easily could've just stayed on his feet and tapped the ball in? Confused
Report Latalomne February 5, 2018 8:52 PM GMT
He said himself that he felt contact and went down, so you'd have to ask him!
Report charwell. February 5, 2018 8:58 PM GMT
Kane touched the ball then didn't look at it again, his eyes were focused on the GK and he moved his leg to brush against him. The contact wouldn't have disturbed a pile of feathers but a strapping 6 footer went tumbling as though taken down by a sniper.

'looking for it' is diving. Pure and simple.
Report Des Pond February 5, 2018 9:02 PM GMT
Yes, it's depressing that high profile, media-savvy players feel quite comfortable more or less admitting that they are at it.
Report easymoney February 5, 2018 9:40 PM GMT
Kanes calculated effort to trail his leg and then belly flop under a feather of Karius glove was so much worse than the situation Niasse got the retrospective ban for. There Dann sort of body checks him and while not a pen and it looked bad in slo-mo replays you can see why he went down.
If this does not fall under attempting to 'deceive' the officials what does ?
The inconsistencies around the interpretation, even the language re differing kinds of contact, some of which 'entitles players to go down' while that like Niasse took from Dann does't and he gets two match ban instead of a standard yellow card ? The whole issue is a mess.
Report Outpost February 5, 2018 9:43 PM GMT
Fans expect their goalie to be brave and dive at the feet of forwards just as goalies should expect the onrushing player to hurdle him as he goes down.

Players who don't hurdle the goalie but fall over him should be booked automatically for either ungentlemanly conduct or dangerous play (remember Cech getting a serious head injury from a player leaving a leg in to get a penalty)

Booking players who fall (or dive) over goalies would get rid of 99% of penalties and stop fans feeling robbed when cheating teams get penalties for diving.
Report Geesyerdosh February 5, 2018 10:05 PM GMT
Bookings aren't enough of a deterrent. Players have no problem risking it as it stands knowing the worst they get in that game is a booking.

It should be a sending off offence. That would change the mindset.
Report Capt__F February 5, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
kane e diving in the summer for England no doubt

cheat

but he aint alone

spurs full of it tho must hav a diving academy @ the lame
Report lurka February 6, 2018 1:20 AM GMT
bookings aren't enough. Bans after the match only benefit other teams and not the team it happens against. Needs to be dealt with immediately via VAR and a red card. I've always thought it OK for players to call for a card when another player dives like that, the only time I think that's OK, but they never do even though it could cost them a point or two or a win bonus.

But I wish keepers wouldn't come out like that when they should know they're not getting the ball and the player is going away from the goal. Saw it again tonight with Courtois and then he said that Deulofeu 'manufactured' the contact in the post match interview.

I'd love to see a keeper try a dummy dive for the ball, pull out and see if the striker goes over. A lot of them are on their way down before there is any contact so I think that could work in some cases if timed right.
Report lybertyne February 6, 2018 1:35 AM GMT
'I felt contact and I went down'

Sounds like a tom who accepts Visa.
Report duncan idaho February 6, 2018 8:34 AM GMT
that Alli routinely gets embarrassed on tv and in Press for his diving yet doesnt give a single f00k and continues to do it shows you were the players are at with this...they are the first generation brought up on diving as the norm and 'part of the game'...as big a problem is the same can be said of the younger refs coming through now
Report dambuster February 6, 2018 8:40 AM GMT
I'd bring in a new rule, any player who blatently dives in the opposition area, A PENALTY IS GIVEN....TO THE OPPOSITION..
It will stop everywhere after the first pen is given..
Report spyker February 6, 2018 9:50 AM GMT
Te fact that the meeja just accept the statement shows where we are today with regard to this and seems like the forum pretty much speaks as one for once - the usual petty club nonsense from tbb aside of course. The thing is if that incident was looked at with var (from what I understand) it would prob be given as while pretty much everyone knows a touch like that has little affect it can be argued that it does impede him. The only way that var would help is if it's looked at multiple times in slo-mo (to see if there is deliberate movement of attacker to defender rather than vice-versa) which would cause the (var) hold ups that people fear.
Report Blackrock February 6, 2018 11:17 AM GMT
For a ref to give a penalty it should be a stonewaller. All this bollox about contact being made  so i throw myself to the floor and get rewarded for cheating, has to be addressed now. Football is a contact sport, but not all contact is a foul. If a ref spots a deliberate attempt to con him, then the offending player should be sent off straight away.

This will stop the cheaters. Even Lamela tried to con the ref. He was touched in the back, and was holding his leg as if he'd been shot.
Report portmanpark February 6, 2018 11:36 AM GMT
not sure if either were pens
Report lurka February 6, 2018 11:51 AM GMT
Lamela was kicked in the calf and went down clutching his calf
Report lurka February 6, 2018 11:56 AM GMT
https://twitter.com/Pena_Cartel/status/960252465869475841
Report enpassant February 6, 2018 1:15 PM GMT
They are meant to be 100% certain before giving a pen : lino states he doesn't know if 'Lovren' touched the ball- Ref says 'I have no idea if Lovren touched the ball. I'm going to give the penalty'
You couldn't make this zh!te up. The official satement is almost westminister in it's politi speak.
The Ref disgraced himself, everyone (including him) knows this. Better to have VAR without Ref's if this is the standard they set.
Report Injera February 6, 2018 1:53 PM GMT
VAR is open to interpretation. And theirn lies the problem. Kane was 'touched' so it may still have been given .

The still photo of Kane leaping like a salmon with both legs off the ground is a shocking indictment of modern football.

The FA are all over the shop with retrospective bans also. Players only get a ban if the player has successfully conned the ref into giving a pen. When a ref books the player he doesn't get a ban even though he dived!!

Zero tolerance to diving. Don't give a pen unless a player is cut in half. The Huddersfield GBH on the Man Utd player (not given) was an example.
Report DeSSieReborn February 6, 2018 3:17 PM GMT
Zero tolerance to diving. Don't give a pen unless a player is cut in half. The Huddersfield GBH on the Man Utd player (not given) was an example.

How the fcuk Kane was given a pen and McTominay not is one of the reasons football has gone down the pan. Two shockingly poor refereeing decisions that are spoiling the beautiful game.
Report DeSSieReborn February 6, 2018 3:21 PM GMT
Shocking dive from Kane by the way. Very disappointing and I hope Gareth Southgate takes him to one side and spanks his R's
Report mafeking February 6, 2018 3:25 PM GMT
referees have to share some of the blame. kane was clipped but if he'd have then stumbled and tried to stay on his feet no way a penalty would have been given

so poor are the referees little choice but to go down and make it obvious you've been fouled
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER February 6, 2018 4:16 PM GMT
I can't see a way of stopping it apart from no player is aloud in the six hard box like simmilar to 7aside players can't go in keepers can't come out
Report Can't Catch Me February 6, 2018 5:05 PM GMT
I think pretty much every fan, of every team in the land, would expect that to be given to them as a penalty.

Of course Kane goes down pathetically easy, but thats what they all do now. Karius shouldn't be diving in like that and getting nowhere near the ball.

The offside rule is a different matter all day long though. Absolutely farcical.
Report Injera February 6, 2018 5:12 PM GMT
I don't think it's hard to police at all.

Any exaggerated fall should be punished, foul or not. If players who get fouled stay on their feet, it's up to the refs to call it. If they don't, tough. That's life. Play to the whistle.
Report Knight Rider February 6, 2018 5:40 PM GMT
The Kane one doesn't bother me, I think everyone knows the score in that situation.  If you are the keeper and decide to come out and lunge after the ball, then if you don't get it the player is going to clip you and go down and it's a pen.  Karius knows it, Kane knows it, the fans know it, whether it goes for or against your team.  It's just poor goalkeeping in that instance.

The Alli dive on the other hand doesn't sit quite right with me.  If he'd successfully conned the ref we get a penalty.  He got caught out so it's a yellow card.  The risk:reward there is ridiculous and punishments needs to be stepped up.  It's so hard for refs to call them in real time as well.
Report 1st time poster February 6, 2018 6:43 PM GMT
LOL, the 1st dive is from the goalie diving in front of the player,instead of tackling why don't outfield players just lay down,dive in front of players and according to the looney loons on here its up to those with the ball to jump over them and if they don't clear them they get sent off for iniating contact and diving,LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report sj February 6, 2018 7:38 PM GMT
not posted for years on the football, as the old timers on here know I effing hate spurs,but you lot (the sky newbees and half 'n half scarfers) wanted non contact football and that's what you've got.  The game is shyte now, stop start stop start, var stop/start.
oh for the days of real football played by real men, another old boy signing off(well I did about five years ago) from the once beautiful game which people ruined.
Report jed.davison February 7, 2018 1:19 PM GMT
Afternoon sj, I hope you are well mate.

TWD
Report MJK February 7, 2018 1:29 PM GMT
Why doesn't English media jump all over this? Oh yeah, Kane and to a lesser extent are the English football team's big hopes for the finals. Cowards.
Report MJK February 7, 2018 1:30 PM GMT
* Ali
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com