Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
05 Jan 18 18:56
| Topic/replies: 51,529 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Seems a reasonable deal for all parties.

Chelsea get an above average PL player for an average price.

Barkley was never going to get a look in at Everton now they've gone down the Allardyce route.

Everton get £15 M for a player that could have left for nothing in months.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ross Barkley to Chelsea for £15M
Show More
Report 1830 January 5, 2018 6:12 PM GMT
Decent with the ball,but doesnt have the brain,trust me.
Report knot in wood January 5, 2018 6:29 PM GMT
has a chelsea fan i did not want him in the last window but with fabregas legs going/gone and bakayoko looking useless we a bit short in the midfield department.

so for 15m which is peanuts in today's climate probably worth a gamble as he's not cup tied,although to be honest he don't inspire me much and will have to improve his work rate.

let's see what he can do.
Report charwell. January 5, 2018 6:31 PM GMT
Cheap player who will serve as a bench warmer and squad filler. Has talent but completely brain dead.

Won't usurp any of the first team in a million years. Think he will regret being a big fish in a small pond eventually.
Report n88uk January 5, 2018 6:34 PM GMT
Squad player at best, what's even the point for Chelsea. They've got better players like Willian, Pedro often on the bench.
Report wisewords January 5, 2018 6:39 PM GMT

Jan 5, 2018 -- 7:34PM, n88uk wrote:

Squad player at best, what's even the point for Chelsea. They've got better players like Willian, Pedro often on the bench.

He's English/British.

Report n88uk January 5, 2018 6:41 PM GMT
True and 15m is nothing.
Report dr . atkins January 5, 2018 7:00 PM GMT
ruben loftus cheek must be saying what have i done wrong looks like it's goodbye
Report STATSMAN January 5, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
I may be wrong but, his signature may be due to the 25 man squad rules, whereby 5 are required to be homegrown
Report lfc1971 January 5, 2018 7:51 PM GMT
very good player, better than lampard and fabregas
Report lfc1971 January 5, 2018 7:51 PM GMT
When they were at their peak
Report lfc1971 January 5, 2018 7:53 PM GMT
Could walk into that Chelsea team and not be out of place
Report donny osmond January 5, 2018 8:09 PM GMT
how many landeners will be rushing to have barkley on their shirt

haha
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 5, 2018 10:13 PM GMT
If only Newcastle could sign British talent.

Seems light years since Shearer.
Report asparagus January 5, 2018 10:45 PM GMT
Think it's a fair enough deal for Chelsea. 15m is a good price in the current market. A poor move for Barkley however as be very surprised if he's ever first choice. Don't see him as cover or replacement for Bakayoko or Fabregas. Drink water is a much closer match for that. Barkley appears to be in competition with Willian and Pedro for a place in the team with at most only one of them ever being selected. Barkley on all form so far in his career falls behind both. Likely to be limited to a few domestic cup appearances and substitute cameos. He presumably is not bothered about the World Cup nor about playing regularly. Just happy to take the cash.
Report Captain carnage January 5, 2018 11:08 PM GMT
How is 15m + (5 mill+ a year wages) a good deal about a player who has never looked good enough at prem level?

Mentally and Phsycially weak - couldnt establish first team place with Moyes, Koeman or several England managers.
Report mafeking January 5, 2018 11:11 PM GMT
that does appear the most likely scenario. rather says it all that chelsea recently scored their first goal by an english player since last season. they're not exactly known for nurturing young english talent
Report miscreant man January 5, 2018 11:50 PM GMT
In footballing terms Ross Barkley can live with anyone who kicks a ball at Chelsea. He has so much ability; two feet, can score, create and not a mug in the air either. But, sadly, he has no drive or desire to improve himself. Everything has come so easy for him in his career so far; always bigger than everyone else , always played ahead of his years and found his way into Everton's team at 17. Then regressed on loan with Leeds and Wednesday until Bobby Martinez got him believing and within 6 months he was fast-tracked into the England squad. Ability wise he should be a sure fire winner - this time in 2 years I fully expect him to have played not enough games, had the odd moment of brilliance and seeking first team football elsewhere. I hope I'm wrong but nightclubs, trips to Ibiza during injuries spells and fitness issues will blight another talent, simply because his he hasn't the education or requisite desire.

£15m looks cheap -  in time it will be decent income for an over-hyped waster.
Report lybertyne January 6, 2018 1:40 AM GMT
A troublemaker not worth the hassle.
Report The Dragon January 6, 2018 12:27 PM GMT
not a good buy and not a good move for Barkley for the reasons outlined in previous posts

real shame as he is a talented footballer

the last place he wants to move to would be chelsea
Report tobermory May 6, 2018 8:45 PM BST
Starting to suspect Chelsea have murdered Barkley and buried him under the patio.
Report Capt__F May 6, 2018 11:33 PM BST
too much Brookside
Report salmon spray May 6, 2018 11:34 PM BST
Eastenders surely.
Report PillHead May 7, 2018 10:33 AM BST
Following the Jack Rodwell route.
Report sparrow May 7, 2018 11:14 AM BST
Brookside for patio's wasn't it?
Report mafeking May 7, 2018 1:37 PM BST
anna friel the one you're looking for i think
Report salmon spray May 7, 2018 1:47 PM BST
Anna Friel has buried Ross Barkley under a patio ?      Shocked
Report ufcdan May 7, 2018 3:37 PM BST
Don't fxxk with the Russians Shocked
Report Capt__F May 8, 2018 10:53 PM BST
or the Jordan's
Report Dav_vin03 May 8, 2018 11:29 PM BST
is he still injured?
Report tobermory May 8, 2018 11:52 PM BST
Not injured. Conte just don't rate him at all.
Report Dav_vin03 May 9, 2018 12:00 AM BST

May 9, 2018 -- 12:52AM, tobermory wrote:

Not injured. Conte just don't rate him at all.

Conte and 99% of Evertonian's on the same page

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com