Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sugarfoot
26 Nov 17 11:53
| Topic/replies: 6,048 | Blogger: sugarfoot's blog
Even the slightest bit of fightback after the Europa shambles should be enough to make Southampton's odds-on price look very small.  Southampton have been quietly doing badly at home all season with two wins (WBA and West Ham) and have failed to score in 4/7 games.  Both will probably take a draw (for different reasons).  Everton are not great, but if they are going to win an away game...
Pause Switch to Standard View Do Everton players have any pride?
Show More
Report gerard November 26, 2017 12:57 PM GMT
As a Saints fan I agree with most of that - except the "probably take a draw" - we have City away next, a draw here has the players bang in a relegation scrap and the manager out of a job.
Report pushkin99 November 26, 2017 2:56 PM GMT
Saints offered nothing at Anfield last Saturday and were weak all over the pitch. That they have dismantled Everton so easily today after Thursday's debacle speaks volumes. Sadly, I fear for our friends across the park this season.
Report morpteh mackem November 26, 2017 4:21 PM GMT
doesnt look like it
Report ph. November 26, 2017 4:38 PM GMT
no pride but bulging bank accounts, they are sitting fine until next contract due. Rooney has been a revelation eh? In fairness if he is only on £200k a week its hardly worth the shift in his world.
Report 1st time poster November 26, 2017 5:00 PM GMT
SPEND 150 MILLION ON PLAYERS AND PUT THE BLOKE WHO WAS COLLECTING TRACKSUITS AND CUTTING ORANGES 2 MONTHS AGO IN CHARGE,SLEEP WALKING ITNO THE CHAMPIONSHIPsome horrific decisions been mader at the club months without a striker and now month without a manager,non league stuff
Report ph. November 26, 2017 5:07 PM GMT
perhaps the new owner is really a Red sleeper whose mission is to eliminate the toffees?
Report ph. November 26, 2017 5:11 PM GMT
I'm not picking on Rooney but whether you liked or admired him he always gave his all and could be spikey, now he offers nothing, no leadership, no energy and would rather score on Tinder than anywhere else.
Report TheBaron November 26, 2017 5:50 PM GMT
Heard Unsworth on the radio the other day he really does not have a clue.  Everton really need another manager and quick.
Report 1st time poster November 26, 2017 5:52 PM GMT
remembering the west ham transfer don't think unsworths the man for a relegation battle somehow,flakey springs to mind
Report portmanpark November 26, 2017 6:26 PM GMT
people keep saying they are too good to go down....not on todays showing...........they are in trouble
Report 1st time poster November 26, 2017 6:31 PM GMT
not rocket science all hinges on buying an inform striker who,ll settle down and score goals in the transfer window,they,ll probably go for a foreign squad player on loan,who,ll end up on the bench
Report rothko November 26, 2017 7:23 PM GMT
fell sorry for unsworth

you cant polish a turd just perhaps put some glitter on it

despite the fact that the center forward situation is well publicised they have let the most goals in the PL
whoever comes in perhaps should aim for a couple of 0-0,s first
Report TheGoldenVision November 26, 2017 7:35 PM GMT
People harp on about losing Lukaku and the goals he scored. Well, he must have been one hell of a defender also because since he left, Everton have been shipping goals at a phenominal rate.

How does losing a striker ruin your defensive abilities?
Report 1st time poster November 26, 2017 7:44 PM GMT
chilled out because they were told this 30 million kid would keep opur goal count down,defenders at sunderland would give you a decent argument,
Report grayhawk November 26, 2017 8:03 PM GMT
Absolute bollocks....Pickord was excellent at Sunderland.
Report 1st time poster November 26, 2017 8:48 PM GMT
well this excellent 30 million goalkeeper is heading towards successive relegations,you don't them excellent keepers especially for 30 million
Report workrider November 26, 2017 8:56 PM GMT
Maybe the injury to Coleman has had more effect than most realise,he made them tick.Badly missed imo,I was at the game today and would be seriously worried if I were a supporter,they were a shambles,don't know if they showed it on the box but the players were at each others throats,not a good sign.
Report grayhawk November 26, 2017 9:14 PM GMT
I've no idea if the lad has played well this season ( haven't seen Evertons games ).....i can only comment on his play last season when you were inferring he was to blame for plenty of the goals that Sunderland conceded - he simply wasn't
Report 1st time poster November 26, 2017 9:19 PM GMT
more to with aging centre back Williams playing far to deep,to slow to push up in case its put behind him,was past his best when everton bought him on the back of wales doing ok in euro,s
Report workrider November 26, 2017 9:37 PM GMT
Correct 1st,he's more than slow,when he came on the Sts were pumping balls towards him knowing he was likely to be outran.
Report Senyatta November 26, 2017 10:02 PM GMT
they need to win one of the next two home games. the fixture list over xmas is difficult and with that squad i can't see them taking many points off chelsea, united and spurs. and with the way they look at the minute...away to west brom and newcastle don't fill me with confidence either. if they don't get their act together they could be odds on to go down before the fa cup break. certainly wouldn't be laying them at 8 on here. they look clueless.
Report duncan idaho November 26, 2017 10:18 PM GMT
Dear God, the stuff you read on here...Pickford was Sunderland's best player by a mile last season...they'd have been down by Xmas with a dodgy keeper
Report Ibrahima Sonko November 26, 2017 10:23 PM GMT
Cannot believe what i am reading here, claiming Pickford is a top keeper, he isnt.

Over worked player in a poor team, cannot ever remember a top keeper being relegated from the epl.

Easy to look good when you are busy.
Report salmon spray November 26, 2017 10:27 PM GMT
Have Everton ever been out of the top league ?
Report pushkin99 November 26, 2017 10:36 PM GMT
No.
Report G Hall November 26, 2017 10:38 PM GMT
Won't be long now though
Report mafeking November 26, 2017 10:45 PM GMT
have been relegated a long time ago but think they've spent more seasons in the top division than any other club
Report TheBetterBettor November 26, 2017 10:45 PM GMT
Even their fans don't care

Were going to city twice

Our club is in serious danger of going down and I am not arsed
Report "Were going to City twice" November 26, 2017 11:14 PM GMT
If you are going to quote what I wrote then please quote the full sentence.

Our club is in serious danger of going down and I am almost not arsed.
Report Capt__F November 26, 2017 11:35 PM GMT
E V E T R O T T E N
Report morpteh mackem November 27, 2017 8:31 AM GMT
shilton was keeper at derby when relegated in 1991.

if de gea or lloris were in goal for everton instead of pickford dont think would make much difference.
Report PorcupineorPineapple November 27, 2017 9:57 AM GMT
The slowest defence this league has maybe ever seen.

Keane may be a decent player if he's got quick players around him or plays in a system where his lack of pace is not exposed, but whoever thought he would fit in alongside Jagielka, Williams and Baines should never work in the game again.
Report bungalow bill November 27, 2017 10:17 AM GMT
Everton were relegated for the second time in 1950–51 and did not earn promotion until 1953–54 when they finished as runners-up in their third season in the Second Division.

They have been a top-flight presence ever since, and I think they will survive this season, just.

They had previously been relegated in the 1920s, bouncing back a year later.

It goes without saying they need a manager badly! I don't think MON is the answer. Roy Keane would do a better job, tho I don't think he would be accepted.

They are England's 4th most successful club with 9 titles.
Report bungalow bill November 27, 2017 10:17 AM GMT
Everton were relegated for the second time in 1950–51 and did not earn promotion until 1953–54 when they finished as runners-up in their third season in the Second Division.

They have been a top-flight presence ever since, and I think they will survive this season, just.

They had previously been relegated in the 1920s, bouncing back a year later.

It goes without saying they need a manager badly! I don't think MON is the answer. Roy Keane would do a better job, tho I don't think he would be accepted.

They are England's 4th most successful club with 9 titles.
Report bungalow bill November 27, 2017 10:18 AM GMT
Button got stuck!
Report 1st time poster November 27, 2017 11:13 AM GMT
sonko spot on about pickford,he,s like the kid in the scouts,boys brigade team who always got motm after getting beat beat 18 nil because he stopped it been 30 nil, loves a swallow dive for the camera,s when the balls already gone past him, doesn't look like a keeper who could play in a top team with nothing to do for 60 mins then pull of a save to win a game imo,
said it 6 weeks ago on here he reminds me of robinson at leeds who let in a 100 the season they went down but none of them were his fault, how many clean sheets has he kept for sunderland and everton ,don't think it will be many
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com