Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GODSEND
13 Aug 17 22:08
| Topic/replies: 31,743 | Blogger: GODSEND's blog
IM FCKING FUMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSG were awarded the corner, Neymar took it short then the ref blew his whistle and he lofted it up to the ref! ABSOLUTE B0LLOCKS!!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View SLYBET 35/1 LAST MINUTE CORNER PSG...
Show More
Report GEESUSS August 13, 2017 10:58 PM BST
What was the bet exactly?
Report brassneck August 13, 2017 11:13 PM BST
A corner is a corner regardless if its taken or not ,it was given as a corner and will be in the note book as a corner.(that's my opinion) if there is no time to take the corner its still a corner kick.
surely the bet is how many corners were awarded.
Report lurka August 13, 2017 11:58 PM BST
what do their rules say? I've heard of bookies trying that when the corner is given but the ref blows it up but not where it's taken
Report brassneck August 14, 2017 12:16 AM BST
when the bets was placed it would say/ number of corners awarded/or/number of corners taken/
The linesman takes note of the number of corners that occur on his side.some ref during the world cup(an English ref)awarded a corner
and when the ball was in the air from the corner he blew for full time.(a goal was scored)in his defence about the issue he stated that he  had awarded the corner but there was no time for it to be taken but the corner stood but the goal did not.
Cant remember but I think the ref was( G. POLL)and Brazil were playing.So a corner awarded does count if you use this example of a corner awarded and not taken.meaning its still a corner.Hope this helps.
Report efc August 14, 2017 12:58 AM BST
ref was thomas, i think
Report betting_masta August 14, 2017 2:14 AM BST
lots of people are protesting this bet with sky bet. bookmakers are the slyest people on the planet and they will do anything to stop you winning - but sky bet is one of the better companies who often do things out of a goodwill gesture.

see this thread: loads of people been shafted over this
https://twitter.com/SkyBet/status/ 896836470710947844

==the way i look at it, was the corner awarded? yes. so what if it wasn't taken, it was awarded so it should count.
Report mega88 August 14, 2017 6:41 AM BST
Take them to small claims court if they don't pay send the high sheriff's I've seen it in tv
Report stmichael August 14, 2017 9:55 AM BST
I don't think the corner was taken. The first whistle comes before Neymar pops the ball up and the way the referee is walking towards him suggests that his intention is to end the game before the corner is taken. Rules say that if a corner is not taken then it doesn't count. That's probably intended to cover the situation where the referee awards a corner but then changes his mind but I think it applies here as well. They might pay to avoid the bad press but I doubt it. Very unlucky.
Report ian merseyside August 14, 2017 3:13 PM BST
I'm fairly sure that the corner has to be taken to count.
Report jamesdean August 14, 2017 3:29 PM BST
Ask them if they paid out on corner unders (insert how many corners there were)

They maybe pulled a fly move both ways
Report lurka August 14, 2017 3:45 PM BST
I'll ask again, what do Skybet's rules say about corners?
Report fish in chips August 14, 2017 3:53 PM BST
Skybet don't decide what is and isn't a corner. they will use official match stats from Opta or someone similar.
Report stmichael August 14, 2017 4:07 PM BST
Their rules say that if a corner is not taken then it doesn't count.
Report brassneck August 14, 2017 4:40 PM BST
it does not matter ,rules of football a corner awarded is a corner regardless if it is taken or not,if a bookmaker has a rule on corners (taken) rather than( awarded) he disregards the one awarded  but not taken he still has to pay out on unders instead of overs.
ITS very easy to find out a bookmakers rules just go and pretend to place a bet on number of corners with any firm and the rules will govern,ring them up and ask their rules,but a corner awarded in football is a corner unless the ref changed his decision.
Report brassneck August 14, 2017 4:52 PM BST
Back it the good old days in the early sixties some cup comps were decided on the number of corners kicks after 90 minutes if the game ended all square,the team with the most corners in the match would go through to the next round.Many teams were awarded a corner in the dying seconds to go one corner up and refs would blow the whistle before the corner was taken.
In fact I think it was used in the old inter cities fairs cup (but not sure)ah those were the days.Grin
Report lurka August 14, 2017 6:13 PM BST

Aug 14, 2017 -- 10:07AM, stmichael wrote:

Their rules say that if a corner is not taken then it doesn't count.

thank you

Report Nonaynever August 14, 2017 6:41 PM BST
I used to do corner bets regularly on Bet356 and this happened quite a bit, whether in 1st half injury time or at the end of the game. If the corner was awarded but not taken it NEVER went on the stats. If you were on unders it worked in your favour, if you were on overs then you count yourself unlucky and move on. Bottom line if the corner was not taken I don't think you've got an earthly of getting paid.
Report GTFI August 14, 2017 10:14 PM BST
same here,  got done 2-3 times with 365,  corner awarded but not taken = no corner :(
Report brassneck August 14, 2017 10:19 PM BST
their rule must be on the number of corners taken in the match.Confused
Report brassneck August 14, 2017 10:24 PM BST
anyway the OP said that there was a short corner taken and then Naymar flicked ball to the ref,so the bookie has no chance of it not counting.
Report brassneck August 14, 2017 10:42 PM BST
flash score.total 10 corners .4 first half 6 second half.
Report GODSEND August 15, 2017 6:53 PM BST
It was paid out in the end LoveLoveLoveLove
Report GODSEND August 15, 2017 6:55 PM BST

Aug 14, 2017 -- 4:24PM, brassneck wrote:

anyway the OP said that there was a short corner taken and then Naymar flicked ball to the ref,so the bookie has no chance of it not counting.

It's a ridiculous rule, they credited it in the end due to the ambiguity of the corner, if the corner was awarded and the ref blew his whistle, I would have accepted that as not taking the corner but Neymar went to get the ball and put it on the corner spot. The ref walked towards him like im guna blow the whistle now so Neymar chipped it up to him kinda thing and the ref blew his whistle at the same time....for me that's corner taken in any circumstance!!

Report homefortea August 15, 2017 7:52 PM BST
Joined: 13 Feb 03 | Topic/replies: 10,042 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
Back it the good old days in the early sixties some cup comps were decided on the number of corners kicks after 90 minutes if the game ended all square,the team with the most corners in the match would go through to the next round.Many teams were awarded a corner in the dying seconds to go one corner up and refs would blow the whistle before the corner was taken.
In fact I think it was used in the old inter cities fairs cup (but not sure)ah those were the days.Grin

WHAT..THAT STATEMENT HAS TO BE CHALLENGED.HOW WAS THAT PROVEN PRE TV..

B L L O C K S
Report brassneck August 16, 2017 12:58 PM BST
you don't need a tv to count.LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report brassneck August 16, 2017 1:01 PM BST
the ref give the corners so he was the one that counted them.And so did the fans.Grin
Report Charlie August 16, 2017 5:29 PM BST
Pretty sure that a corner-kick isn't counted until the ball is actually kicked. Prior to being kicked the ball is out of play.
Report brassneck August 16, 2017 10:19 PM BST
I think the ref has to give a wee blow of the whistle when he awards the corner.Laugh
Report Charlie August 17, 2017 7:22 AM BST
He does. But if he blows for the end of the match before the kick is taken then the corner wont count. It's not the awarding of a corner that's counts.
Report lurka August 17, 2017 8:21 AM BST
Skybet rules

Total Corners Range

You're betting on: whether the total corners in the match will be within the stated brackets, e.g. 0-4, 5-7 etc.

Only corners that are actually taken will count. If a corner is re-taken, it will only count as one corner.

You are quoting football rules (i think) which are irrelevant
Report Charlie August 17, 2017 9:34 AM BST
Lurka, we're saying the same thing!
Report Poppydog. August 17, 2017 10:38 AM BST
Seems like a very strange bet to wager on.

Average of a about 10 corners in 95 minutes.
Plus the chances of a last minute corner not being taken, due to a final whistle like this instance
must make the odds pretty big?

What sort of odds are on offer for this?
Report lurka August 17, 2017 10:55 AM BST
wasn't addressed to you, Charlie. Just the people saying a corner counts when the rules say it has to be taken. And it works both ways, if on unders you win
Report brassneck August 18, 2017 12:40 AM BST
if you back man.utd for overs in corners you could win  a fortune.there is not one player on the united team that knows how to cross a ball without hitting the nearest defender.and the play with wingers ,so they have to the bet for overs on corners.LaughLaugh
And when they do get a corner the guy that takes it never gets the ball over the defender at the near post.they rack up corners in bundles.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com