Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
n88uk
04 May 17 16:17
| Topic/replies: 187,832 | Blogger: n88uk's blog
Utd get backed in and everyone seems to think this will be a stroll in the park for Utd. Not convinced by that myself.
Pause Switch to Standard View Celta Vigo vs Man Utd
Show More
Report johnnythebull May 4, 2017 9:42 PM BST
ref's got a f*cking watch
Report DFCIRONMAN May 4, 2017 9:43 PM BST
Might be a bad injury for R....cruciate ...maybe?
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 9:44 PM BST
Didn't look like a cruciate, looked like an impact injury like he'd taken a kick or something.
Report gotia May 4, 2017 9:46 PM BST
Poor performance by Celta ,Considering how well they played against Real and Barca....
Didnt move from 2nd gear
Report sofaking May 4, 2017 9:50 PM BST
Man U wasting time.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 9:52 PM BST
Utd set up with a plan that has worked. Nullified pretty much everything Celta have done, their best chance was after about 5 minutes.
Report wisewords May 4, 2017 9:53 PM BST

May 4, 2017 -- 3:52PM, n88uk wrote:

Utd set up with a plan that has worked. Nullified pretty much everything Celta have done, their best chance was after about 5 minutes.

agree.

Report wisewords May 4, 2017 9:54 PM BST
Mourinho outsmarted them basically
Report sofaking May 4, 2017 9:54 PM BST
1-1 FT
Report sofaking May 4, 2017 9:55 PM BST
0-1 ft I mean
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 9:55 PM BST
I just think Celta don't really have the quality to break down a strong defensive unit, and don't really have any options to change it up, no real option to just launch it to a target man as they don't have one.
Report DFCIRONMAN May 4, 2017 9:56 PM BST
CELTa looked as if they were happy with 0-0.....but their "plan" ruined by good free kick.

MU deserve their win...if they win.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 9:56 PM BST
They haven't really looked liked they had any ideas all night. That chance they had from Wass after about 5 minutes where he should have scored, and 1 neat move in the second half is about all they've had.
Report johnnythebull May 4, 2017 9:56 PM BST
granada would've put up more of a fight than these scum CV
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2017 9:56 PM BST
Man United played a lot of long balls to Fellaini and Rashford
Report wisewords May 4, 2017 9:57 PM BST
0-1 full time.
Report DFCIRONMAN May 4, 2017 9:57 PM BST
H is an eeeeeeeeeeejjjjjjjitttttttttttt!
Report DFCIRONMAN May 4, 2017 9:57 PM BST
He is obsessed re POGBA...who is very very ordinary!
Report anxious May 4, 2017 9:58 PM BST
Tremendous result Stockholm here we come Cool
Report johnnythebull May 4, 2017 9:58 PM BST
to get mullered by AjaxWink
Report themover May 4, 2017 10:00 PM BST
dull match but job done for United
Report rommel May 4, 2017 10:01 PM BST
WILL YOU GO TO stockholm anx?
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2017 10:01 PM BST
5 English Teams in the Champions League next season

This makes it more likely United will rest players against Arseanl though I don't actually think he will
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:02 PM BST
You know what Rommel I might come out of retirement Excited
Report rommel May 4, 2017 10:02 PM BST
tie not quite dead yet but cv have to raise it
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:03 PM BST

May 4, 2017 -- 4:01PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

5 English Teams in the Champions League next seasonThis makes it more likely United will rest players against Arseanl though I don't actually think he will

Think it makes it less likely as he will be confident he will go through here.

He was more likely to rest in 2-1, 1-0, 1-1, 0-0 kind of scorelines.

Report Hamsterdam May 4, 2017 10:03 PM BST
Boring but effective big man vs little men.
Report rommel May 4, 2017 10:03 PM BST
well gl if yous do get there
Report rommel May 4, 2017 10:04 PM BST
pogba has some lovely touches but hes got to step it up....
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:08 PM BST
It's very noticeable when Pogba isn't playing for all the criticism he gets. The midfield isn't the same without him.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:13 PM BST
Old Trafford next week the natives must shout and scream says Jose
Report grumpyjim May 4, 2017 10:19 PM BST
we got a few crocked then I THINK .. ... ITS ..   Still Game on .. AT ..  ...O.T.    BE VERY TOUGH AS WELL .. ..
CELTA 130 PASSES MORE THAN UNITED ..  MADE US WORK VERY HARD FOR THE WIN ..   FOOT IN THE DOOR TO.....FINAL ......WELL DONE REDS  ..  .. JOB TO COMPLETE STILL ..   ...
Stats very much alike for the 90 minutes .. Lucky the square head that met ball in 5 mins ...was OFF TARGET  ...
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:20 PM BST
Rest half the team against Wengers mob , concentrate on this now
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:21 PM BST
I don't think there's any need to rest. It would have to be disastrous to go out with this result. The time to rest would have been if we'd lost 2-1 or drew 0-0 or something.

Of course if the likes of Rashford have a knock then he should be rested.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:23 PM BST
88 why take any risks , we only need to avoid defeat next week , forget the league its gone.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:24 PM BST
Because the league isn't actually totally gone, especially if we win vs Arsenal.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:25 PM BST
It is gone if we don't beat Arsenal though.
Report grumpyjim May 4, 2017 10:25 PM BST
RASHFORD  saved the day  ..........from a terrible   ............0..0  draw .. Thankful ......for that ..  ................
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:27 PM BST
Rashford , pogba , baily , Valencia , Herrera should not play at Arsenal
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:28 PM BST
Someone is going to have to play in the midfield because Fellaini is suspended.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:29 PM BST
Play rooney , carrick , lingard  etc
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:30 PM BST
Yer but that is a shocking centre midfield. He's got to play one of Pogba/Herrera just due to who is available.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:32 PM BST
But why if city beat palace and the scousers beat Southampton we are done , we wont be winning at Tottenham so don't take a risk
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:33 PM BST
Yer if. Liverpool have screwed up a gazillion games like that. Do they play before us? I assume yes.

Anyway in real terms as I said elsewhere I can't see Mourinho's ego fielding a team like the one you want, he won't want to lose to Wenger imo.
Report mafeking May 4, 2017 10:33 PM BST
as soft as city and liverpool's fixtures look neither are up to much at the moment. city in particular been miles below par last 4 or 5 games
Report rommel May 4, 2017 10:34 PM BST
would be fkn silly to just throw the lge in,hope you do but i think itd just be stupid
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:35 PM BST
You might be right about Jose ego , that's what worries me
Report grumpyjim May 4, 2017 10:35 PM BST
TREAT EVERY game on its merit .. this team is going to have to play for another 12 months  without the injuries ..and build in what J.M.  thinks can improve  .. older heads in there prime  ,  looking to end career on a wee high .with a chance....  what we are looking for .. can walk through games doing the  right thing .. ??   cost peanuts if older ..instead of  Expensive buys that need years to develop .. some midland hardies like Felaini   type .. that takes no **** ..  .. 3 OFF   ..  PLEASE   Apply to the  BUTCHER .. ?? ..CALLED MIX AND MATCH  LIKE SWEET TRAYS IN SUPERMARKET ..  Give it a try .. with what we keep ..
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:35 PM BST
I still think City are guaranteed top 4, just because their fixtures are so easy and generally their record is decent vs bottom teams, they even have 3 home games. Liverpool are more likely to blow it, injuries, and just more prone to those awful losses.

Regardless though it will be tough for Utd, as Utd probably need a minimum of 10 points from horrible fixtures.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:37 PM BST
The Europa League final is only 3 days after the last season as it's the Wednesday after the season ends, when all the games are on Sunday. If Utd are playing for nothing they will surely play their full reserves in that game.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:38 PM BST
No play Celta Vigo do the professional thing and then save people for the Final
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:40 PM BST
The problem is, and the reason he won't do it, on top of ego reasons, if Utd say rested their players for most their league games and don't win the Europa League, Mourinho would get absolutely hammered as having thrown any chance of top 4.

But I can't look past the fact that Mourinho just won't want to lose to Wenger.
Report grumpyjim May 4, 2017 10:47 PM BST
time for  PILLAGING THE CHAMPIONSHIP TO BOLSTER THE SQUAD HELP SOME ENGLISH TEAMS FOR A CHANGE .. ??  OLDER HEADS NOW 
HERRERA BEEN PROBABLY BEST SERVANT THIS SEASON .. ALWAYS AT THE GRINDSTONE TAKING IT ALL ON ..  //   won't want a rest ,  doesn't know any better .. what you see is what you get , plus CARDS >??  Temprament is suspect but who cares gets stuck in .. no probs ..? send us another 5  like him .  PLEASE ..
Another 3 or 4 of that ilk  will help a lot .. cost little for misfits ...they are there ..??  .Get Academyy working for the long term .  10 years ahead ..
Report the_don May 4, 2017 10:48 PM BST
Some who've played every game recently like Bailly, Rashford, Lingard and Herrera could be rested. Even Darmian as we don't really have another left back at the moment.

Others like Mata, Pogba, Rooney, Smalling and Martial haven't played as much or at all but are still good enough to help us win. We should be trying to win every game imo until the league top 4 isn't possible.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:51 PM BST
Pogba really should depend on how his dodgy hamstring is, we can't afford it to ping at this stage, as we really have no replacement.
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 10:52 PM BST
Should have been a stroll with the chances.  Lingard and Martial (when on) not at the races. Hard to see where he goes from here - the final will be a very tough game if they make it.  Could not have MU as favourites for the final.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:52 PM BST
You couldn't have Utd as favourites vs Ajax? In what world?
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 10:53 PM BST
Ajax score goals - Utd don't.
Report grumpyjim May 4, 2017 10:54 PM BST
NEVER REALLY TOOK TO VALENCIA   .. but improve he has .. considering his background  and J.M.  wanted him at MADRID . NEVER KNEW THAT ?? NOW CAPTAIN .., maybe  a smart move again from  J.M.  ..?
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:54 PM BST
What is this we are Manchester United  , Ajax wont beat United what nonsense
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:55 PM BST
Plenty of teams score goals, and then don't vs Utd. Ajax look perfect sort of opponents for Utd. Like to attack and dodgy defensively.

Utd whatever people think are clearly pretty hard to beat right now, why you think Ajax are some world beaters on another level I don't know.
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 10:56 PM BST
Our record against teams we are meant to blow away is, well, underwhelming.  Think Ajax are a bit better than Swansea and we should have lost to them at home ffs.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 10:57 PM BST
Lyon were absolute garbage last night , yes Ajax are a great club , Ajax v Manchester United would be a great final  two fantastic clubs with great history , but I think we can beat Ajax
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 10:58 PM BST
Hope you're right but think we may need to score 2 plus to win it - ain't doing that too often.
Report grumpyjim May 4, 2017 10:58 PM BST
not geared up enough about the injuries of today but this ligament stuff is crucial to have protection of some sort  ,,never heard of 50 years ago .. over fit maybe kicks it in .. bur cost plenty players career  ..   is .. OVER .  ??
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 10:59 PM BST
Because generally those teams pack out defensively and we don't break them down/blow all our chances.

Ajax won't play like most the Premier League teams have vs Utd. They are likely to play attacking football as that's what they're used to and pretty much the philosophy of the club. That really is what Utd under Mourinho want to do. Utd's problem is playing teams they should comfortably beat who set up cautiously, because they never seem to score more than 1 goal vs this type of team.
Report grumpyjim May 4, 2017 11:01 PM BST
don't know or see AJAx MUCH BUT TAKE YOUR WORD THEY CAN BE BEAT ..     anxious .. never had .   bet  ..tonight as feared for the 0..0 .. ?
Report anxious May 4, 2017 11:02 PM BST
Jim it was tough but it was a great result , could have been more , but have no fear Jose will not let it slip now
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:04 PM BST
Ajax are no better than Celta Vigo imo. Celta Vigo are well capable of scoring loads of goals if you just looked at some of their results, and then you look at their performance tonight and you'd think how can this team be stick 4 past Barcelona. And it's all in the set up.
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:05 PM BST
What is it now, 10 draws at home or so.  Would have pissed the league if we'd won most of them.  Without Ibra we seriously lack goals.  Yes, hard to beat, but you need goals to win anything.  This is no foregone conclusion imo.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:06 PM BST
We lacked goals even with Ibra. Ibra played most those games that ended draws that we should have won. I'm in the camp that Ibra doesn't help the overall setup of the team, and we're better off with runners and pace up top.
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:06 PM BST
Have to disagree n88uk.  Ajax are miles better than CV.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:08 PM BST
They played in the group stages it ended 2-2, and 3-2 Ajax. And I wouldn't say there's much between them. Ajax are bang average, there are far better things on Celta's CV for the season.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:10 PM BST
Bearing in mind also that Feyenoord are top in Holland and we put 4 past them in the group stages. We did lose in Holland, but we dominated that game, and  their goal was offside/shouldn't have stood for some other reason iirc. And we were playing worse at that time of the season than we are now.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:11 PM BST
Ajax also lost 5-1 to Rostov on aggregate this season in CL qualifiers.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 11:11 PM BST
Hoof Mata is back , rashford , martial , mikhi can all get goals
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:11 PM BST
5-2 even.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 11:13 PM BST
I say our defenders are coming back , we can defend well and get goals , lets fight to the finish with our fantastic fans with us , put that red shirt on and lets go for it
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:15 PM BST
Agree with your comments re Ibra n88uk.  Said for a long time on here that Ibra is part of the problem as we lose any pace in attack.  Trouble is only Rashford seems up for it.  Lingard and Martial were rubbish tonight, even Mhiki struggled imo.

Like to see Pogba a bit further forward, use his pace and power- have Carrick and Herrera behind him.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:17 PM BST
We have to buy big this summer in these positions. Obviously lack of goals is a big problem, but it's more a problem vs lower down teams where we have all the ball and our dominance doesn't reflect in the scoreline (the Swansea game at the weekend is an exception to this btw, we were just terrible in that game, but we had loads of players missing there). We're very hard to beat which tends to be a good asset in European football where things are over 2 legs, obviously it's a weakness in the league when you are drawing a lot.
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:17 PM BST
Of course we'll fight for it.  Final in Stockholm with a tribute to Ibra shouldn't need much more motivation.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 11:20 PM BST
88 the problem all season has been finishing teams off , 10 draws at Old Trafford is ridiculous,
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:24 PM BST
Might be in the minority here but I do think Griezmann would be a good buy at a sensible price, but we don't do sensible.  Plays and scores well off of a big man up front, and Jose has always liked a lump up there.  So who is he going for in the summer to replace Ibra.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:26 PM BST
Sensible price should be irrelevant. It should be whether players are good enough. Prices are just up with inflation relative to revenues these days. Utd were paying 30m in the early 2000s for players, and our revenue has over trebled since then.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 11:31 PM BST
Hoof you make a good point about Jose liking a target man , what about Lukaku ?
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:35 PM BST
Griezmann good enough imo, but not if it limits the budget for other much needed players.  Prices are not irrelevant n88uk, can't spend it all on one or two if you need 5 or 6.  Difficult balancing act, especially if they don't make CL.  Without CL then players you want will demand much bigger wages to compensate.
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:39 PM BST
anxious, I think Jose likes Lukaku - but seems his heart is set on Chelsea. Sad for Rashford but I think he will go all out for another number 9.
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:42 PM BST
Jose doesn't like Lukaku lol, he sold him in the first place for not being good enough!
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:45 PM BST
Think he might have changed his mind - think he also did that with somebody else - oh, what's his name, will come to me soon I'm sure ..................

Got it

MATA
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:48 PM BST
Got a feeling he'd like Lewandowski - similar profile to Ibra.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 11:49 PM BST
What about Muller at Bayern , United tried to sign him last year for 85 million, he has not played a lot this seasom ?
Report ian merseyside May 4, 2017 11:50 PM BST
If money is no object then the target should be Mbappe from Monaco.
Report anxious May 4, 2017 11:51 PM BST
Lewandoski is a great striker , these are the sort of players United should be trying to buy
Report n88uk May 4, 2017 11:57 PM BST
Mourinho didn't buy Mata back though, he's simply using him at his new club, bit of a difference from selling someone for like 28m a few years ago saying they're not really good enough to buying them back for like 60m a few years later. I doubt we're remotely interested in Lukaku tbh and I don't want him anyway.
Report HoofArted May 4, 2017 11:57 PM BST
Muller would be good, Mbappe (Rashford look-alike) is excellent, but silly money and kills Rashford development. I'd go for Lewandoski at a sensible price, with big wages, for a short contract and spend the rest of the budget in other areas they need to improve.
Report HoofArted May 5, 2017 12:00 AM BST
n88uk - point is he sold Mata at Chelsea, as notgood enough - loves him now as do most MU  supporters.
Report n88uk May 5, 2017 12:04 AM BST
Does he really love him, wouldn't go as far as that. He uses him, but I imagine Mata won't even be first choice next season.
Report n88uk May 5, 2017 12:04 AM BST
He's not always been first choice this season even.
Report ufcdan May 6, 2017 6:24 AM BST
n88uk - point is he sold Mata at Chelsea, as notgood enough - loves him now as do most MU  supporters.

Jose when at the Bridge both times made some poor purchases and let plenty of decent players go. Mata, Lukaku, De Bruyne to name a few Mischief
Report grumpyjim May 6, 2017 9:28 AM BST
he.gets to players ..   .. its a kinda very solitary job ..  .. BELIEVE  he has been in a bad place for years .. and they have suffered the brunt of the problems ..
nothing like the suave man of 15 years ago .. that all women fell for . ??
DO FEEL HE Had to show he was the boss often its only form for defence .. ..Lonely place .. and needs to consume you all the time 24 x 7 ..  .. as never stop the noddle ticking over ..  ?
In a way .......Would not have the Job for all the  ............TEA IN CHINA  .. Stuff the Money ..  ...... All really well out of hand now ..players run the asylums ..     Basically ..  ..
Asking 200 euros for .... Barcelona game a week on Sunday 14 . may    MAIN STAND .. IF ANY ARE LEFT STILL NOT ON PUBLIC SALE STILL  6 DAYS TO GO  ??? games at LAS PALMAS  ..
part decider for ........... LA LIGA  ............if  .........two  challengers win this Weekend .. ALL A BIT CRAZY .. May Go TO the WIRE .. ??
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com