Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheChaser
02 Apr 17 17:25
| Topic/replies: 45,044 | Blogger: TheChaser's blog
Yes i know Hearts are a pub team etc but he has been doing this all season

He can also take a penalty

Pace is unreal

Finishing is quality

He can dribble better than most if not all English wingers
Pause Switch to Standard View Scott Sinclair is good enough for...
Show More
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 6:55 PM BST
I know mate but he was injured firstly not dropped just before the Rangers game and then Dembele got a hat trick so kept his place.

I honestly think he has not played much as we are hiking up Dembele price or trying too

That's why he's not after a move away
Report akabula April 2, 2017 6:55 PM BST
You see Griffths doing his traDemark scarf around the post

No Chaser. Surprisingly I'd switched off by then. Laugh
I like Griffiths, a bit daft but seems a decent guy.
Did he have his many wives and kids there?
At least he looks after them.
Report hippie April 2, 2017 6:56 PM BST
He wouldn't have to deal with Iceland because he's not good enough for the squad.

His first ambition should be to win a Champions League group game.
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 6:57 PM BST
Fook knows but someone trolled him on mothers day about all his kids to different birds Laugh

TBH i think he could have pulled they birds without his money GrinLaughLaugh
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 6:59 PM BST
Hippie name 2 left sided players who are 100% in your opinion better than Griffiths in that squad

If wingers like Downing and such got 30+ caps is it not fair to say Sinclair should have had a shot

I'm glad he's not in anyway he uses all his energy in Celtic games and Banging Rosie Webster must take some energy out him on International breaks.
Report CJ70 April 2, 2017 6:59 PM BST
I know Celtic play at a low standard, but it is technically classed as playing abroad instead of a non-league side.

Thus he would be ineligible for the England C side. Otherwise I agree with you completely.
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 6:59 PM BST
Than Sinclair FFS

getting mixed up in 2 convos here
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 7:00 PM BST
CJ he played at the Olympics for GB you tool Laugh
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 7:00 PM BST
Mind you Mo Farah ran for GB
Report hippie April 2, 2017 7:05 PM BST
Lallana, Lingard, Sterling & Rashford have appeared in that position so far this qualifying campaign. He's not going to displace any of them.
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 7:13 PM BST
They will always do well in the qualifiers

Don't count them as serious games do you ?

Scotland are fighting for 2nd must be a tough group
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 7:14 PM BST
They 4 players set Europe alight this season ShockedShocked
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 7:18 PM BST
Scotland are a pub team and England are leaders

So england are the King of Pub teams in the UK imo

Wales got further without 11 EPL stars

N/I got past the groups with SPL players
Report hippie April 2, 2017 7:22 PM BST
Ignoring friendlies, England have lost 1 game of 20 since the World Cup in Brazil in 2014. You can only beat what's put in front of you.
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 7:22 PM BST
Ashley young same type of player with 30+ caps

The managers are not allowed to pick players the FA don't think will be big enough names and that's the downfall

I said Defoe should have been at the Euros and then Big Sam came out and said the same.Big Sam gets the gig and doesn't pick Defoe but now Defoe is back.

So why did big sam not pick him after saving Sunderland and saying he would have if he was manager
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 7:24 PM BST
Same as Celtic Hippie we can only beat whats in front of us just a pity we got Barca/City/Bremen in our group

England got Iceland hard life Grin
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 7:24 PM BST
Gladback not bremen
Report hippie April 2, 2017 7:37 PM BST
16/06/16 EUC England 2 - 1 Wales. Go Wales.

2 weeks after Iceland did England, Lincoln Red Imps did Celtic. Nice double for anyone crazy enough to back it.
Report Platini April 2, 2017 7:42 PM BST
The comparison of Celtic's situation with the England football team is right on the money

Cruise through the qualifiers battering diddy teams the same way Celtic steamroller SPL sides, but because they get no competition, they are then found out when they go up a level against the big boys.
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 8:35 PM BST
hippie thinks England are a top side

not even top 10 now
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 8:40 PM BST

hippie 02 Apr 17 19:37 Joined: 07 Jun 05 | Topic/replies: 8,880 | Blogger: hippie's blog
16/06/16 EUC England 2 - 1 Wales. Go Wales.

2 weeks after Iceland did England, Lincoln Red Imps did Celtic. Nice double for anyone crazy enough to back it.

I seen plenty slate Celtic for this but tbh most Celtic fans expected a win but no 5-0s etc as far too early in the season.I suppose the rest of the UK cleaned up on the IMPS.

Still never seen one bet placed o the IMPS that is how much the non Celtic fans believed in Celtic winning.They know we can batter them sides when needed so no one placed the bets.

Anyone got a bet on the IMPS well done
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 8:42 PM BST
1Gordon
4AmbroseBooked at 10mins
9Griffiths
10DembeleSubstituted forCiftciat 74'minutes
6Bitton
18RogicSubstituted forArmstrongat 58'minutes
63Tierney
8Brown
17ChristieSubstituted forForrestat 57'minutes
22Janko
28Sviatchenko

This team started v the IMPS this side wil never play together again
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 8:43 PM BST
No Sinclair the main man GrinCool
Report akabula April 2, 2017 8:47 PM BST
Big Efe now a top man with the Hibs.
Wee Lenny doin what Brenda couldn't do.
Report hippie April 2, 2017 8:50 PM BST
currently 14th in FIFA's pointless rankings despite beating Switzerland (11th) both home and away in Euro qualifying and Wales (12th) at the Euro's themselves and all 3 are ranked above multiple World Cup winners Italy (15th).

Meanwhile, you think a player that plies his trade in the country ranked 67 (between Benin and the UAE) is good enough for the England squad.
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 8:55 PM BST
AKA at the WC 2014 lennon was in the studio and Ambrose had fired a cross in the stand  ( maybe over the stand )

He was laughing saying why are Nigeria playing him n the right he cannot cross a ball Laugh
Report hippie April 2, 2017 9:21 PM BST
The problem with England is less to do with the playing personnel, who have lost only once (against Iceland) in the games that matter since 2014, and more to do with the morons behind the scenes running the show. Their latest act of idiocy was to award the top job to a manager that has got nothing to show on his CV except Premier League Manager of the Month for August 2008. The task he's been given is to make the first thing he ever wins the World Cup. We hold out little hope for him.

Sinclair's best season with Swansea was in the Championship. He produced next to nothing in the Premiership and left it when the team he played for got relegated. He hasn't done enough to warrant a place in the England squad although if Celtic were to put in a reasonable showing in the Champions League group stages next season that might change but it's unlikely. He's better off concentrating on what he can do for Celtic.
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 9:35 PM BST
Big mistake i see players do thing and it doesnt matter who is i goals they shots cant be stopped

We all got opinions though maybe it's im a Celtic fan i think he should get a shot.But i said the same when he was down south i coldnt believe he had ZERO caps not even a friendly.

Don't you find it a little strange zero caps but capped at every junior levels
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 9:37 PM BST
2005–2006    England U17    5    (3)
2006–2007    England U18    4    (3)
2007–2008    England U19    5    (2)
2009    England U20    1    (0)
2010–2011    England U21    7    (1)
2012    Great Britain    4    (1)

Citeh ruined his game but not his bank
Report hippie April 2, 2017 9:52 PM BST
From his wiki entry it looks like he's twice made the mistake of following the money and his career suffered as a consequence, first to the chavs then to citeh. If he had concentrated more on football and less on contracts he might have developed into a full international, but if he had you probably wouldn't have him in your team now.
Report TheChaser April 2, 2017 10:25 PM BST
cannot disagree with that

we got got a gem for peanuts
Report Platini April 3, 2017 11:17 AM BST
He's been superb this season but he's entitled to have been, in the SPL. Reminds me a bit of Mark Walters running riot against Scottish defences.

So, I do think some of the praise is a bit over the top. He's just one of a bunch of Celtic players that have had great seasons. Armstrong and Dembele will fight it out for player of the year, imo.
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 3, 2017 11:39 AM BST
Just about good enough for a lower league Premiership club and nowhere near good enough for England.  Comparing him to Mark Walters, who is imo the most underrated wide player of the last 30 years, is a joke.  He was fantastic for Villa, where I believe he was at his best, and pretty good for Rangers and Liverpool.  Sinclair was rubbish for Villa, an average player in a very average team.  Not many wide players have the consistency and longevity that Walters showed.  Far worse wide players played several times for England.  Just so happened that in John Barnes and Chris Waddle, England had two better, but they were only just better.
Report TheCollector April 3, 2017 11:50 AM BST
hippie
hippie 02 Apr 17 19:05 Joined: 07 Jun 05 | Topic/replies: 8,883 | Blogger: hippie's blog
Lallana, Lingard, Sterling & Rashford have appeared in that position so far this qualifying campaign. He's not going to displace any of them.

Anyone who thinks Sinclair is better than them should audition for the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest sequel.

Scottish league is a pub league.
Report TheCollector April 3, 2017 11:51 AM BST
Rashford would score a hat trick every week in Scotland.
Report lurka April 3, 2017 1:22 PM BST
he would be as good as any of them for England but that's only because every player turns to shít when they play for England. The team is not organised and doesn't play to its strengths
Report Platini April 3, 2017 2:27 PM BST
Walters is the best comparison. very similar in ability to Sinclair, pacey, beats players, can score goals as well. A star in Scotland, but never in England. You make Walters sound like Brian Laudrup FFS. Not even close.
Report clacherholiday2 April 3, 2017 3:50 PM BST
since when has being in the england squad been a measure of anything?  1990?
Report TheChaser April 3, 2017 7:16 PM BST
The English think they Sinclair wouldn't get in as he plays pub sides every week

Remember the Euros where you played 4 top teams .....NA ME NEITHER
Report Coachbuster April 3, 2017 7:25 PM BST
impressive display at hearts - i had Celtic down as a mid table EPL side before the new year and a struggling EPL side /Championship side 2 years ago .

make that  a top 5 EPL team  now  -they  look a superb outfit  - Sinclair a hot prospect
Report Coachbuster April 3, 2017 7:26 PM BST
as good as Larsson and the Donk
Report Coachbuster April 3, 2017 7:27 PM BST
the question is ,can Celtic keep it all together  ?   big leagues will start to take interest -
Report Coachbuster April 3, 2017 7:28 PM BST
Celtic need to get into the Norwegian/Swed or Dutch/Belg league - Swansea have been allowed to play outyside their country
Report TheChaser April 3, 2017 7:33 PM BST
Berwick also play in Scotland they are English

Cardiff played in the EPL

Celtic will just keep collecting CL monies for the time being and selling people for 5x what we pay for players
Report clacherholiday2 April 3, 2017 7:52 PM BST
theres an english based team in the welsh prem and several welsh clubs in the english system.  derry city play in another countries league, theres form for it, just a case of having somebody elsewhere giving a sh1t
Report Coachbuster April 3, 2017 7:55 PM BST
Tippenliegen beckons
Report TheChaser April 3, 2017 8:20 PM BST
can't see any Atlantic leagues getting set up they could crumble fast if no interest after a few years the novelty of travelling would wear off every 2nd week and not all could afford it.

Some kind of league involving the best Welsh and Irish teams could be a plan but England already got the bigger Welshies
Report TheChaser April 3, 2017 8:22 PM BST
Teams like Newcastle would maybe join the League as they have no chance of CL football via PL route
Report akabula April 3, 2017 8:26 PM BST
Doubt any of the English teams either in the EPL or with a realistic chance of getting in would be interested Chaser.
Too much cash up for grabs in the EPL.
Report TheChaser April 3, 2017 8:35 PM BST
OK ok maybe Carlisle
Report akabula April 3, 2017 8:41 PM BST
The English team idea might be scuppered by this Chaser.
Report TheChaser April 3, 2017 8:43 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh

fences like this seen all over Scotland ( health and safety not apply Laugh ) the immigrants will have trouble jumping them if the barb wire is equipped
Report Coachbuster April 3, 2017 8:57 PM BST
difficult one  really it is .

diddy countries could retain leagues ,have shorter season and then have a 10 team Nordsee league - top 2 from Sco,Den,Nor,Swe,Ned,Belg  -12 teams ,22 games  played Feb-June

Portugal would have to bark at a different tree
Report Coachbuster April 3, 2017 8:59 PM BST
maybe 3 from Dutch and 1 from Norw
Report neill d April 4, 2017 1:20 AM BST
I would score 15 to 20 goals a season playing for Celtic in the SPL.
Report neill d April 4, 2017 1:23 AM BST
Premier League should add the two Glasgow sides. A team from Dublin would be money as well.
Report clacherholiday2 April 4, 2017 1:51 AM BST
sides from portugal in la liga?  dutch in the bundesliga, belgian and swis sides in the frogs league?  eastern european league?  nordic league?  greek teams to italy?

itd get a bit silly imo.
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 3:52 PM BST
it would tbf clacher.

in all fairness  Belg,Sco,Dutch and Portugese league get a lot of viewers/spectators ,more than the big leagues apart from the EPL .

it's the French and Italian leagues that are the worst supported (apart from obviously the Polish league which is atracious)   

English football is propped up by TV money yes, but it is  by far the most viewed throughout the turnstiles .  Throughout the 4 leagues .

The Champions league needs to come up with an idea so the clubs in the bigger leagues arent advantaged so much . Quite how that can work in reality is debateable .

I mean ,why are Ajax and Celtic for example so bad ? they both get massive crowds.  compared with say Monaco,Juventus or Sevilla .  How much does Sevilla recieve in TV monies ?
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 3:53 PM BST
debatable
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 3:53 PM BST
receive
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 3:54 PM BST
{X} i should re read my posts for spelling errors
Report Roger Rover April 4, 2017 4:41 PM BST
The Scottish Premier League is known as National League South in England
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 8:20 PM BST
neill d 04 Apr 17 01:20 Joined: 19 Aug 09 | Topic/replies: 9,221 | Blogger: neill d's blog
I would score 15 to 20 goals a season playing for Celtic in the SPL.

many have said the same
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 8:24 PM BST

Coachbuster 04 Apr 17 15:54 Joined: 08 Apr 06 | Topic/replies: 36,294 | Blogger: Coachbuster's blog
{X} i should re read my posts for spelling errors

No need when im here i dont give a fcking hoot chief
Report akabula April 4, 2017 8:26 PM BST
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 8:31 PM BST
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 9:24 PM BST
Young , Rashford and Lingard 3 English wide men playing for United tonight and as far as im aware Sinclair would have done more than all 3 on his own.
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 9:25 PM BST
Luke Shaw for Young

If this United team had Sinclair he would be creating something
Report TheCollector April 4, 2017 10:16 PM BST
It wasn't Hearts they were playing. Sinclair was shiiite in England. Fact.
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:18 PM BST
Not for Swansea
Report TheCollector April 4, 2017 10:19 PM BST
Played 13 for Man City. 0 goals.

Played 8 for West Brom. 0 goals

Played 36 for Villa. 3 goals.

That's played 57. 3 goals. In 5 seasons.

As I say...he now plays in a pub league.
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:20 PM BST
Did the Champions not buy him after a cracking season ?

I know it's maybe all about having so many English players in squad etc but no one was better to go and get that good and obviously not too expensive like Young and Downing etc
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 10:21 PM BST
it's the  SUNDAY  pub league 

it's called SPL for a reason  Happy
Report TheCollector April 4, 2017 10:22 PM BST
They did. And then after a massive 13 games they realised what the **** they had done and got rid.

As I say...shiiite in England and shines against crap up north
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:23 PM BST
Look at Downings scoring record

Remember the season he never got a goal or assist for about 20 games.Im just wondring why ZERO caps when it's clear players on the same level as him have had 30+.
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:24 PM BST
Wallycott averages about 5 goals a season at Arsenal and he said he was a frontman
Report TheCollector April 4, 2017 10:24 PM BST
Downing is another dud.
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:26 PM BST
Fair enough so can you understand why he got 30+ caps
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:28 PM BST

TheCollector 04 Apr 17 22:22 Joined: 18 Mar 14 | Topic/replies: 1,573 | Blogger: TheCollector's blog
They did. And then after a massive 13 games they realised what the **** they had done and got rid.

As I say...shiiite in England and shines against crap up north

19 games on wikipedia the games listed at the right hand side are only league games Grin
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 10:31 PM BST
league one league /two opposition

he will score chaser - decent forward ,but Dwight Gayle would score that many up there and he's in the second division with the castle
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:34 PM BST
Infact forgot the mentioned players why no Troy Deeney hes proven in EPL
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:37 PM BST
Has a Championship player ever been called up to the main squad or do they just find Scottish ancestors Laugh
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 10:38 PM BST
Lets be honest ,

Celtic have played 5 decent teams  this season (twice over ) 

so 10 games .

vs    Beer Sheva ,Astana ,Borussia,Barcelona and Man city (of which maybe Beer and most certainly Astana fall below EPL level )

Sinclair failed to score in ANY of those 10 games  - please correct me if he was out injured in any  of them or banned.
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 10:40 PM BST
Motherwell and St Mirren no such problems  Laugh
Report Platini April 4, 2017 10:42 PM BST
and Sevco Laugh
Report Coachbuster April 4, 2017 10:44 PM BST
Grin
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:45 PM BST
Coach im not saying he is a world beater

But if he played against the teams England have played against then he would do job i think

Not as if they play any big nations at Tourneys now

Just an average team so i dont understand why not given a chance but he did at every other level
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:47 PM BST
Was given a chance at under 21s etc

Englands opponents are so called pub teams Scotland / Wales / Iceland
Report neill d April 5, 2017 2:10 AM BST

Apr 4, 2017 -- 2:20PM, TheChaser wrote:

neill d 04 Apr 17 01:20 Joined: 19 Aug 09 | Topic/replies: 9,221 | Blogger: neill d's blogI would score 15 to 20 goals a season playing for Celtic in the SPL.many have said the same

I'd deliver for you mate, if Conor Sammon can make a living there, and Anthony Stokes was even prolific there; Stokes face has been numb since age 11.

Report neill d April 5, 2017 2:15 AM BST

Apr 4, 2017 -- 3:24PM, TheChaser wrote:

Young , Rashford and Lingard 3 English wide men playing for United tonight and as far as im aware Sinclair would have done more than all 3 on his own.

There are levels to this ****, its not just luck that these guys play at Manchester United, Sinclair wouldn't be mapped, had a good 6 months at Swansea; that's it. Ashley Young was a very good player at Watford and Aston Villa over many seasons. Its empirically proven!

Sinclair has been lucky to get what he has out of the game, he was a flash in the pan that didn't deserve his city move and has now found his level.

Report TheChaser April 5, 2017 5:43 PM BST
Young was playing for a top 6 club Sinclair wasn't

Never done much at international level
Report Platini April 5, 2017 7:51 PM BST
I'm not onboard the Sinclair bandwagon at all, but I wouldn't swap him for Ashely feckin Young !
Report TheChaser April 5, 2017 8:17 PM BST
Plat i don't think he is a superstar

Just pointing out that the rest of the English wide men are no better

Rashford and Lingard have a lot to prove
Report Coachbuster April 5, 2017 9:48 PM BST
was that a Celtic draw i saw tonight against those world beaters Partick Thistle ? Grin
Report inner city sumo April 5, 2017 9:52 PM BST
Scott Sinclair missed a pen. Perfect for those tourney shoot outs Cry
Report TheChaser April 5, 2017 9:53 PM BST
Laugh
Report TheChaser April 5, 2017 9:54 PM BST
He still scored playing with half the first team
Report akabula April 5, 2017 10:00 PM BST
Missed penalty. Looking good for an England call up. Chasers jinxed him.
Report TheChaser April 5, 2017 10:02 PM BST
Better for Celtic if he is out the squad AKA he bangs his misses on International duty and comes back fresher

Have to admit though whats the chance of this.I even had in the opening post he can take a penalty
Report akabula April 5, 2017 10:08 PM BST
I was just about to cut n paste that Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com