Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
30 Sep 16 00:58
| Topic/replies: 29,423 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
A price that most punters will be happy with.
Pause Switch to Standard View Man City are 7/5 to beat Tottenham...
Show More
Report themover September 30, 2016 1:58 AM BST
Cool
Report mafeking September 30, 2016 2:29 AM BST
probably the best side going forward in the league against the hardest side to break down. united aside city have played a pile of rubbish so far. i'd like to think they'll find it a very different proposition on sunday
Report sofaking September 30, 2016 3:01 AM BST

Sep 30, 2016 -- 1:08AM, themover wrote:

Yeah, I think it's too big and will shorten before kick off so I've backed for a trade.

Too short. Spurs'll get at least a draw.  City had a similar start to last season which all fell apart after being smashed 4-1 by Spurs.

Report mega88 September 30, 2016 6:44 AM BST
Wouldnt even have a bet on these two, neither can kick a ball straight
Report OnePercenter September 30, 2016 9:03 AM BST
The fawning over Pep has been ridiculous. After outspending every club for the past 4 years City rightly have some very talented players but as United & Celtic showed under pressure they do buckle. Does anyone imagine Pochettino won't have a game plan for this weekend?

While it's true City do usually field a good referee this could go either way so no bet.
Report jed.davison September 30, 2016 9:27 AM BST
Most punters, but not shrewd punters.
Report themover September 30, 2016 12:22 PM BST
looks like the layers are after City this weekend, out to 2.5 now Plain
Report mesmerised September 30, 2016 1:12 PM BST
This is City's second big test in the league so far, they already beat United at Old Trafford.
This is Tottenham's second big test after only drawing at home to Liverpool.
Onus is on Spuds to win thier home games against a supposed rival if they are to be taken seriously at Title winners, which will never happen with the squad they currently have. Best defence I've seen for years but their front six in comparison to the other top is lightweight. All those new contracts they've dished out at once, will probably make them feel too comfortable too.
Report OnePercenter September 30, 2016 1:46 PM BST
They were lucky to beat United. Bravo should have received a straight red and United a penalty for his two-footed lunge at Rooney.

Unless the ref is on their side again this weekend they won't beat Spurs.
Report sofaking October 1, 2016 3:39 AM BST

Sep 30, 2016 -- 1:08AM, themover wrote:

Yeah, I think it's too big and will shorten before kick off so I've backed for a trade.

In a nutshell this is why you don't win on Betfair, the mover. Happy

Report OnePercenter October 1, 2016 8:56 AM BST
I doubt he'll be too bothered losing another £2.
Report The Dragon October 1, 2016 10:13 AM BST
no bet game for me. BUT Spuds been unimpressive for me this year and scrapped a successful start. home form is seriously dodgy with unimpressive 1-0 wins v sunderland and palace and a very iffy draw v Liverpool who should have won.

if cite bring their a game to this match they have to be fancied- probably be a draw so if betting I would lay spuds
Report OnePercenter October 1, 2016 10:36 AM BST
Pochettino will have his players fired up for this game and they will almost certainly try to press City very hard. I agree this is a no bet game but if I was betting I would lay City.
Report The Dragon October 1, 2016 11:12 AM BST
interesting game either way one percenter ive just got that feeling that city may take them apart
Report mafeking October 1, 2016 1:02 PM BST
slow start in first 3 games but could have won the last 3 league games all by 3 or 4 goals. don't be fooled by the scorelines. sunderland and boro games were massacres

different game tomorrow. one of few games of the season a team will actually try to attack spurs rather than spend the whole game camped on the edge of their own box. city will definitely give you a chance at the back
Report The Dragon October 1, 2016 1:46 PM BST
yes but spurs  scoring is poor and without kane I think they will struggle
Report mafeking October 1, 2016 2:02 PM BST
yes spurs aren't the most free scoring side they'll probably end up 4th or 5th for most goals but on the other hand i expect them to be top 2 for goals conceded. it's a part of the game that often gets overlooked
Report themover October 1, 2016 9:33 PM BST

Oct 1, 2016 -- 3:39AM, sofaking wrote:

Sep 30, 2016 --  1:08AM, themover wrote:Yeah, I think it's too big and will shorten before kick off so I've backed for a trade.In a nutshell this is why you don't win on Betfair, the mover.

2.46 currently, one more click to 2.44 and it's back to 7/5, still optimistic they will go off shorter than 7/5 Wink

Report jed.davison October 2, 2016 12:29 AM BST
The wisdom of crowds themover. Either you want to back City or you don't. Whether you back them or not, they won't beat Spurs. I keep thinking about this game, and I keep thinking that City will not be able to match Tottenham physically in the first half an hour. I think City will win the League, but tomorrow they are going to face an onslaught of pressing that they haven't had to deal with for a very long time.

That said, not many teams match Spurs for half an hour, I think we will need to be in front after an hour.

It's almost passing off without comment, but Spurs v Man City is the biggest game of this season. If we don't beat them at the Lane, who exactly will beat them? And if we do beat them, who will beat us?
Report themover October 2, 2016 1:33 AM BST
City should actually like playing high-pressing teams as it leaves spaces behind the defensive-wide men (Davies and Walker will probably look like wingers most of the match!) but against Celtic Gundogan didn't have a great game and was too advanced most of the time. I think it might be one of those matches that Guardiola chucks in a curve-ball, e.g he could stick 5 in the midfield with Aguero and Iheanacho up-front, if he does it could end up 6 a piece Laugh
Report HarmonicaPhil October 2, 2016 12:08 PM BST
Surprised nobody has referred to De Bryne's absence and the impact it has had on City's results
3 defeats in 28 when playing.5 defeats in 9 when not playing
As the bookies do not change their prices when a key player is missing it follows that City today are a bad value win bet
Report themover October 2, 2016 1:13 PM BST
City would be odds on if De Bruyne was playing imho
Report tangsoodo October 2, 2016 1:22 PM BST
If City lose this game there will be a massacre on the outright market
Report gotia October 2, 2016 2:24 PM BST
gtfeeeee og lol
Report Outpost October 2, 2016 2:36 PM BST
alli must be one of the worst divers in the EPL
Report One footed pony October 2, 2016 2:49 PM BST
A very clever Kun there.

Yep next Plain
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 2:51 PM BST
aye aye the yids
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 2:52 PM BST
champs in waiting
Report gotia October 2, 2016 2:54 PM BST
brilliant goal ....some  €€€ made here
Report alanc1 October 2, 2016 2:57 PM BST
City have no chance with Bravo in goal. Allowed time on ball in Spain a complete liability here
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 2:57 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 2:52PM, johnnythebull wrote:

champs in waiting

Jonny been taking Mourinho  piils! the deluded onesGrin

Report PorcupineorPineapple October 2, 2016 3:01 PM BST
To confirm, Mes laid off at 2.395 so is very much the big winner here.
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 3:01 PM BST
Laugh
Report mesmerised October 2, 2016 3:02 PM BST
Excellent, said it was a price that most punters would be happy with without De Bruyne's presence and I was right, hope you all acted accordingly and laid.
Report Hamsterdam October 2, 2016 3:04 PM BST
Laying Spurs now, they are terminal bottlers for a reason. Different match 2nd half.
Report Proted October 2, 2016 3:14 PM BST
Man City to do a Utd on Spurs second half and destroy them 4-2 - getting on any away win @ 60 and backing man city at 20 match market AND OVER 5,5 GOALS -
Report 23nights October 2, 2016 3:16 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 3:02PM, mesmerised wrote:

Excellent, said it was a price that most punters would be happy with without De Bruyne's presence and I was right, hope you all acted accordingly and laid.

lol a poor excuse ...an ambiguous op thread so mesmerised could appear to be correct either way.he/she is quite sad at times.

Report gotia October 2, 2016 3:21 PM BST
eibar 1-0 v real
Report jed.davison October 2, 2016 3:21 PM BST
Ambiguous my 'arris. He tips up whoever is playing Spurs, without fail.
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 3:24 PM BST
see bookies already have an EPL winner market now w/o spurs
little bit premature,even as a yid but guess they know their onionsWink
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 3:35 PM BST
aye aye
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 3:36 PM BST
t0sser
Report Scamp the man October 2, 2016 3:36 PM BST
wtf was he doing taking a penCryCry
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 3:37 PM BST
pathetic pen
can't go missing those
Report wisewords October 2, 2016 3:38 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 3:36PM, Scamp the man wrote:

wtf was he doing taking a pen

they should have left Ali or Son take it ffs

Report wisewords October 2, 2016 3:40 PM BST
Alli*
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:41 PM BST
Wise iN the HOOOOOOOOOOOSE
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 3:42 PM BST
f i x for unders
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:43 PM BST
What about Erickson is he off
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:43 PM BST
no he still on best striker of a ball them bottle jobs have!
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:45 PM BST
TOUCHDOWN1
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:49 PM BST
Wise put a mug acca on with a couple of gee gee s in it will them in 4 me
Report wisewords October 2, 2016 3:49 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 3:42PM, TheChaser wrote:

f i x for unders

think about it logically. if this was the case, why would the ref be awarding a penalty CrazyCrazy

Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 3:51 PM BST
was the ref involved in the f ix ?
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 3:52 PM BST
Now think about that logically WhoopsCrazy
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:52 PM BST
Grin
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:52 PM BST
Chaser you tied him in knotsLaugh
Report wisewords October 2, 2016 3:53 PM BST
so Lamela and Bravo were in on the fix?
Report wisewords October 2, 2016 3:53 PM BST
Crazy
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 3:54 PM BST
looks like that handjob lame ella was!
Report wisewords October 2, 2016 3:54 PM BST
footy has been mad today bob. doing my head in a bit the volume of matches. Marseille were just gubbed 1.02
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 3:55 PM BST
The players could have been like they where when Arry was involved

You know the like the stories breaking on the news just now
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 3:55 PM BST
how much u shovelled on sneds Bob?
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:56 PM BST
Al Mourtajez$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:57 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 3:54PM, wisewords wrote:

footy has been mad today bob. doing my head in a bit the volume of matches. Marseille were just gubbed 1.02

yeah? got a 1.07 lay in before wiseGrin

Report bobweenit October 2, 2016 3:57 PM BST
wise you never said you wanted to see my fith
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 3:57 PM BST
Wisey you have to be really naive to not even consider that penalty was meant to be missed
Report wisewords October 2, 2016 3:58 PM BST
I must be pretty naive then Happy
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 4:00 PM BST
Lamela won't be back up anytime soon

Griezzman and Gabi also missed for Atletico today
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 4:01 PM BST
Like teams lay down for Leicester last season

This is now soap opera football League
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 4:05 PM BST
Report johnnythebull October 2, 2016 4:06 PM BST
COYS on the bridle to the title
AUDERE EST FACERE innitWink
Report anxious October 2, 2016 4:09 PM BST
Got to say Tottenham were brilliant today , fantastic defensively.
Report TheAnorak October 2, 2016 4:16 PM BST
Think Mugmerised should give up tipping and concentrate on getting those wank stains out of his Jack Wilshere pyjamas.
Report mesmerised October 2, 2016 4:17 PM BST
Instead of reveling in the win and rejoicing at beating who in most people's eyes are the Champions elect, Spurs fans are more interested in me, I am flattered.
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 4:18 PM BST

TheAnorak 02 Oct 16 16:16 Joined: 28 Oct 01 | Topic/replies: 1,700 | Blogger: TheAnorak's blog
Think Mugmerised should give up tipping and concentrate on getting those wank stains out of his Jack Wilshere pyjamas.

mes

Report jed.davison October 2, 2016 4:19 PM BST
That's three in a row you mug. Well done
Report sageform October 2, 2016 4:19 PM BST
Great performance by Spurs with one exception. Lamela is a total liability and if it was up to me he would be for sale in January.
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 4:21 PM BST
mes you blocked everyone who realised you put fake bets up and delete the losers

why is the kell brook bet , boro betlast week and city bets not on your table and posts from me and mega are deleted? trying to get people banned for exposing the fake bets

thats 3 i noticed without even reading back
Report rogerthebutler October 2, 2016 5:55 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 4:17PM, mesmerised wrote:

Instead of reveling in the win and rejoicing at beating who in most people's eyes are the Champions elect, Spurs fans are more interested in me, I am flattered.

Instead of twisting around like a sh1tt1ng dog, trying escape your latest embarrassing droolings, shouldn't you be watching your troupe of performing quarterwits try and defeat the mighty Burnley?

Report mesmerised October 2, 2016 7:22 PM BST
Oh do shut up Roger you silly tart.
Report mega88 October 2, 2016 7:36 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 5:55PM, rogerthebutler wrote:

Oct  2, 2016 --  4:17PM, mesmerised wrote:Instead of reveling in the win and rejoicing at beating who in most people's eyes are the Champions elect, Spurs fans are more interested in me, I am flattered.Instead of twisting around like a sh1tt1ng dog, trying escape your latest embarrassing droolings, shouldn't you be watching your troupe of performing quarterwits try and defeat the mighty Burnley?

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report mega88 October 2, 2016 7:39 PM BST
Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 7:44 PM BST
mes is out in force , he's giving it to everyone now

mes the forum leader

delete my name off now i hand you back the reigns

Report rogerthebutler October 2, 2016 8:28 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 7:22PM, mesmerised wrote:

Oh do shut up Roger you silly tart.

I'd rather not!

See I just enjoy watching an imbecile such as yourself go into a tipping meltdown every two days before Spurs play.  It doesn't take much to get you wound up, so I think I'll keep going with it and see if your head explodes, like the guy in 'Scanners'.

Report TheChaser October 2, 2016 8:42 PM BST
the butler killing mes
Report mesmerised October 2, 2016 8:57 PM BST
I thought that riposte might startle you, always amusing to read your angry tirades, rogLaugh
Report OnePercenter October 2, 2016 9:07 PM BST
OnePercenter 01 Oct 16 10:36

Pochettino will have his players fired up for this game and they will almost certainly try to press City very hard. I agree this is a no bet game but if I was betting I would lay City.

The press can stop fawning over Pep and his revolutionary football now.
Report rogerthebutler October 2, 2016 9:50 PM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 8:57PM, mesmerised wrote:

I thought that riposte might startle you, always amusing to read your angry tirades, rog

Hardly a 'riposte', which indicates a degree of wit and rationality - more the endgame of giving all those monkeys all those typewriters really.....

Report mesmerised October 2, 2016 10:02 PM BST
Still sure you're not wound up rogWink
Report jed.davison October 3, 2016 12:57 AM BST
Roger feels sorry for you mesmerised. You've done your meagre tank again opposing the mighty Tottenham Hotspur. Middlesbrough, Moscow, Man City. A glorious hat-trick. Well done.
Report jed.davison October 3, 2016 12:58 AM BST
I'm already looking forward to the 'West Brom are big value' thread after the International break.
Report mesmerised October 3, 2016 1:27 AM BST
I understand the behaviour and mentalities of Tottenham fans such as Roger and Jed, I do, they've been starved of any kind of success for decades (1961) and to compound matters, their nearest rivals, Arsenal, (one way rivalry) have been epically successful in the meantime, league titles (including winning the title at White Flag Lane with former Spurs Captain, Sol Campbell, that must have hurt), cup after cup, unbeaten seasons, heady nights at Europe's top table in the Champions League, signing World Cup winners and churning out top player after top player, we can sign Bergkamp's in his prime, you get Edgar one last pay cheque Davids or Lame Ella's.

So when a light does shine at the end of the tunnel, even a flicker, any kind of hope, a season in Europe, a half decent team, a good result v a good team, and it stands to reason, all of that pain, suffering, anguish, jealousy built up over the last 6 decades will come flooding out when even mildly proded, in the form of misplaced cockiness followed by bile, hostility, maliciousness and downright bitterness when reminded of their place. As displayed by rogers hissy fits.

Then the inevitable, failure followed by retreat, wash rinse and repeat.Grin

For the record, I didn't tip Man City in my tipping thread, if I felt that sure they would win I would have put it on record, I also thought Arsenal would draw but not sure enough, happy days.

God bless spuds. Good night.
Report TheChaser October 3, 2016 1:33 AM BST
Report sofaking October 3, 2016 3:30 AM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 3:04PM, Hamsterdam wrote:

Laying Spurs now, they are terminal bottlers for a reason. Different match 2nd half.

Your irrational bitterness, jealousy and hatred towards the mighty Spurs must cost you a fortune.   Grin

Meanwhile the Villa slides towards League 1.

Report sofaking October 3, 2016 3:37 AM BST

Oct 2, 2016 -- 1:13PM, themover wrote:

City would be odds on if De Bruyne was playing imho

Seriously,  I thought you were one of the more sensible people here but this comment really does make you look like an epic mug. Spurs were also missing their best midfielder and striker.

Report mega88 October 3, 2016 6:46 AM BST

Oct 3, 2016 -- 1:27AM, mesmerised wrote:

I understand the behaviour and mentalities of Tottenham fans such as Roger and Jed, I do, they've been starved of any kind of success for decades (1961) and to compound matters, their nearest rivals, Arsenal, (one way rivalry) have been epically successful in the meantime, league titles (including winning the title at White Flag Lane with former Spurs Captain, Sol Campbell, that must have hurt), cup after cup, unbeaten seasons, heady nights at Europe's top table in the Champions League, signing World Cup winners and churning out top player after top player, we can sign Bergkamp's in his prime, you get Edgar one last pay cheque Davids or Lame Ella's.So when a light does shine at the end of the tunnel, even a flicker, any kind of hope, a season in Europe, a half decent team, a good result v a good team, and it stands to reason, all of that pain, suffering, anguish, jealousy built up over the last 6 decades will come flooding out when even mildly proded, in the form of misplaced cockiness followed by bile, hostility, maliciousness and downright bitterness when reminded of their place. As displayed by rogers hissy fits.Then the inevitable, failure followed by retreat, wash rinse and repeat.For the record, I didn't tip Man City in my tipping thread, if I felt that sure they would win I would have put it on record, I also thought Arsenal would draw but not sure enough, happy days. God bless spuds. Good night.

Like a turd that won't flush

Report rogerthebutler October 3, 2016 8:36 AM BST

Oct 3, 2016 -- 1:27AM, mesmerised wrote:

I understand the behaviour and mentalities of Tottenham fans such as Roger and Jed, I do, they've been starved of any kind of success for decades (1961) and to compound matters, their nearest rivals, Arsenal, (one way rivalry) have been epically successful in the meantime, league titles (including winning the title at White Flag Lane with former Spurs Captain, Sol Campbell, that must have hurt), cup after cup, unbeaten seasons, heady nights at Europe's top table in the Champions League, signing World Cup winners and churning out top player after top player, we can sign Bergkamp's in his prime, you get Edgar one last pay cheque Davids or Lame Ella's.So when a light does shine at the end of the tunnel, even a flicker, any kind of hope, a season in Europe, a half decent team, a good result v a good team, and it stands to reason, all of that pain, suffering, anguish, jealousy built up over the last 6 decades will come flooding out when even mildly proded, in the form of misplaced cockiness followed by bile, hostility, maliciousness and downright bitterness when reminded of their place. As displayed by rogers hissy fits.Then the inevitable, failure followed by retreat, wash rinse and repeat.For the record, I didn't tip Man City in my tipping thread, if I felt that sure they would win I would have put it on record, I also thought Arsenal would draw but not sure enough, happy days. God bless spuds. Good night.

Love it!

Mes giving off oceans of loneliness, pathos and dread in waves

Even upped his output to 5 paragraphs, so we've got quantity as well as quality entertainment.

Report TheChaser October 3, 2016 11:07 AM BST
Spurs were also missing their best midfielder and striker.

OI my man Jermaine Jenas gave Wanyama Man OF The Match so what you on about best midfielder wasn't playing.I seen the lad with my own eyes cleaning up all the mess and running the show.City have no muscle
Report sofaking October 4, 2016 2:36 AM BST

Oct 3, 2016 -- 11:07AM, TheChaser wrote:

Spurs were also missing their best midfielder and striker.OI my man Jermaine Jenas gave Wanyama Man OF The Match so what you on about best midfielder wasn't playing.I seen the lad with my own eyes cleaning up all the mess and running the show.City have no muscle

Dembele.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com