Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FredRescue
17 Apr 16 15:27
| Topic/replies: 5,115 | Blogger: FredRescue's blog
1. Not giving West Ham pen in first half for foul by Huth
2. Not giving second yellow for Morgan foul for penalty
3. Not giving Leicester pen for foul on Huth
4. Leicester "penalty"

4 then Grand Canyon sized distance then 2, 3 and 1. imo

Clear bottle job at the end and should never referee high profile match again for that alone.
Pause Switch to Standard View Worst decision ref made in Leicester...
Show More
Report Outpost April 17, 2016 3:32 PM BST
ref did his job - he made sure that 2 important leicester players miss the next match.
Report FredRescue April 17, 2016 3:34 PM BST
The 2 Leicester players ensured that. What was wrong with those decisions?
Report donny osmond April 17, 2016 3:35 PM BST
if it had been boxing the fight would have been stopped
to save the referee further punishment
Report Wrong Hole Poker April 17, 2016 3:39 PM BST
The penalty with 2 seconds to go was the worst case of a ref bottling it because of the crowd I have ever seen. He should never ever referee a premiership game again.
Report penzance April 17, 2016 3:40 PM BST
turning up.
Report Poppydog. April 17, 2016 3:41 PM BST
Impossible job when 20 players have given up playing football
and just want to concentrate on penalties, free kicks and sendings off.

Ref did his best
Report Super Hans April 17, 2016 3:42 PM BST
Well said.
Report Super Hans April 17, 2016 3:43 PM BST
One honest man trying to ref 22 cheats.
Report The Dragon April 17, 2016 3:43 PM BST
terrible decsion to give last min pen
Report mightymoyes April 17, 2016 3:43 PM BST
the first vardy booking and leicester penalty were pretty terrible decisions.
Report clacherholiday2 April 17, 2016 3:43 PM BST
Leicester Pen
West Ham Pen
No Pen for Huth
Vardy first Yellow
Vardy Second Yellow

In that order
Report donny osmond April 17, 2016 3:44 PM BST
if thats his best then he should give it up

try a few free money threads on here
Report sparrow April 17, 2016 3:53 PM BST
When you see the amount of fouling that goes on at corner kicks you have to feel a little for the referees. On the other hand it could be argued that they should have stamped this out long ago. Diving is just another piece of cheating that is now ruining the game.
Report donny osmond April 17, 2016 3:55 PM BST
the fouling at corners is funny

these foreign centre halves have to learn what is allowed and it takes
them a season to settle in

why cant refs just deal with it ?
Report FredRescue April 17, 2016 3:55 PM BST
Sparrow, he clearly warned Huth and Morgan a number of times about pushing.

He did so again before that corner and yet seconds later Morgan does a clear push.

What was the ref supposed to do then? Ignore it and say play on?
Report penzance April 17, 2016 3:56 PM BST
West Ham should have had a penalty
before Leicester scored.
Report sparrow April 17, 2016 4:00 PM BST
FredRescue, what I'm saying is that it is happening all the time and players should not have to be warned about committing fouls in the penalty area.
Report wit-ham April 17, 2016 4:00 PM BST
West ham player has hands/ arms on Vardy -Vardy throws his leg out to get tripped
Vardy gets sent off for diving

Leicester player has hands on Reid-Reid throws leg out to get tripped pen
to West Ham

Or thats how it looks after 6 or 7 viewing of each
Report Injera April 17, 2016 4:01 PM BST
Very hard game to referee.

He tried to give the players some leeway and kept his cards in his pocket.The players just took the p***. It was dirty from both sides.

His trust in the players failed and Vardy's first foul saw yellow. Harsh but Moss had to do something.

Vardy's dive was a shocker. An excellent decision by Moss.

All madness after that. 2 soft pens but the players really don't help the officials one jot. The abuse Huth and others from both sides gave Moss was pitiful.
Report tim6 April 17, 2016 4:02 PM BST
Fred Chelsea, Man U, Man City do this all the time and will allways get away with it. Leicester are a small team so ref has no prob doing them.
Report FredRescue April 17, 2016 4:03 PM BST
Refs have been very soft on Huth and Morgan the last few games. They've been used to taking liberties.
Report Injera April 17, 2016 4:04 PM BST
Agreed. Huth's been at it for years.

All teams try and block but he takes it to another level.
Report TENDY April 18, 2016 10:16 AM BST
TBF to Shearer he is the only pundit i have heard so far...that has identified that Reid actually dived for the Penalty. He stopped then threw his leg to the side a bit and went forward. Maybe I should watch it again but there was not much there to give a pen. Previously yes. but 2(or 3 to 5 in this case) wrongs dont make a right!

He defo even it up but I think he could have and should have done it much earlier when Huth was CLEARLY foul with not mountain\tree in the his line of sight.
Prob because it was Huth(and the abuse he may have given previously) he never gave it.

Schlupp did very well and should be praised if Leicester close it out in the coming games. Carroll obviously angry and upset but he should not have gone near him when there was a defender there and the ref was having a shocker.  I think also the ref missed and 2nd yellow for a West Ham player too!

Not many good refs around for several years. Even the decent ones left have had a few bad games in recent years...eg. Marriner.
Report stu April 18, 2016 11:38 AM BST
I actually disagree (am in minority) about the Vardy dive yellow card - not sure why not many commentators mentioned that the defender grabbed him forcebly (as a foul) prior to the diving. IMO he fouled Vardy before the dive took place. At worst should have just played on for the goal kick/corner IMO.
Report stu April 18, 2016 11:39 AM BST
Not giving the Huth pen to Leicester was awful too, and he clearly tried to make up for that with the last pen, though I think it was still a pen though.
Report stu April 18, 2016 11:46 AM BST
Moss has been on my lowest rated bunch of refs for a long time, never rated him.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK April 18, 2016 11:57 AM BST
its come to point where technology needed
Refs ain't up to it IMO
Game to fast , the sport moved on from 70s 80s
Too many peoples trying to con and cheat
Do what it takes just where the game at !
Technology needed to combat it

Take yesterday Reid pen wasn't and pen
But the ref was so fed up with Leicester
Tactics at set pieces where they pulled West Ham to bits
He gave it !!!
What goes around comes around
Cos Reid was manhandled to the floor  befor vardy breakaway goal !!!

Simple refs ain't up to it they need help
Report spyker April 18, 2016 12:36 PM BST
Does the technology detect lying and cheating? Football is now so often a game of 22 people trying to con 3 people and not caring how they do it. How about next years charity shield is reffed as per the laws so give pens in the double figs and send off the right amount of people, obv a gimmick but would show the game for what it is atm.
Report TENDY April 18, 2016 1:16 PM BST
Put it this way if technology for fouls\goal-lines\dissent, cheating or gamesmanship had been in force for the last 30 years then you would different winners for prob 60% of them.
Report Roger De Bris April 18, 2016 2:00 PM BST
the stroking begins before the game starts doctor.
Report tonycoppen. April 18, 2016 2:55 PM BST
Probably giving the West Ham penalty in isolation . I think it was a pen but if giving it had to give at least 3 others .
Report Outpost April 18, 2016 3:06 PM BST
leicester player feels a touch, dives and gets sent off - then west ham player feels even less of a touch, dives and gets a penalty.

there was greco-roman wrestling going on in both boxes at every corner and free kick and the ref ignored all of it all the way through and then he gives a penalty for a blatant dive.

all that crazy reffing plus andy carroll's after match rant might just see vardy escape an extended ban.
Report tim6 April 18, 2016 3:11 PM BST
ref turned up
Report kenilworth April 18, 2016 3:57 PM BST
Who would be a referee?
Report Knight Rider April 18, 2016 4:30 PM BST

leicester player feels a touch, dives and gets sent off

That's ridiculous to say that Vardy "felt a touch".  He deliberately dived into the path of the defender causing their legs to tangle.

Credit where it's due and the ref got that one spot on where others would have bottled it and given a pen to the home team.  Also credit for having the balls to follow up the warnings by giving a pen on Morgan, against the home team again.  Unfortunately he made a woeful decision at the end under the pressure of the crowd but the Huth one could easily been given so perhaps that evened out a bit.

As many have pointed out, in all four penalty appeals you had players throwing themselves to the ground unnecessarily so perhaps they should be the focus of people's ire rather than a ref trying to do his best and judge whether they were cheating or not.

Report kenilworth April 18, 2016 4:35 PM BST
The referee got everything right, a top man.
Report bingo bongo April 18, 2016 4:59 PM BST
The first contact was the defender pulling Vardy towards him, it was a penalty.
Report bingo bongo April 18, 2016 5:25 PM BST
Payet - most blatant dive of the match when already booked, ref ignored it.
Report tim6 April 18, 2016 5:55 PM BST
agree with Bingo ref left the most blatant dive of Payet go, yet sent Vardy off even though the defender pulled him back. Not excusing Vardy as he did dive but it wasn't the worst. Look at Arsenal if you want to see divers week in week out and never sent off, what's that about.
Report treetop April 18, 2016 6:33 PM BST
The ref's biggest mistake was not hitting cheating players at corners and free kicks straight from the off. Too much tolerance is letting them feel aggrieved by any punishment and any back lipping to the ref should get a red card immediately.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y April 18, 2016 6:37 PM BST
An absolute nonsense now Vardy is facing a bigger ban for calling the referee a fkin cant when sent off. Once again as with the penalty for West Ham there is no consistency, I am positive having played the game myself that Jamie Vardy was not the only player to abuse the referee on the pitch yesterday, also you see the likes of Wayne Rooneg and many others verbally abusing referees all through games weekly but that goes unpunished all the time.
I don't but this it's so hard for referees with players trying to con them line, if the referees where consistent in their decisions I could accept it but they're utterly hopeless, an awful bunch who make shocking decisions week in week out.
Report Coachbuster April 18, 2016 8:32 PM BST
need to hit cheating players in the pocket ,no need for it  - unfair for the supporters
Report tim6 April 18, 2016 8:43 PM BST
any back lipping to the ref should get a red card immediately.
How would Rooney finish any game, indeed all Man U players would be sent off
as that is part of their gameplan to intimidate refs but never seen any of
them sent off for Lip. No this is because Little Leicester dared to win the
league and top brass don't want them, simples.
Report tim6 April 18, 2016 9:16 PM BST
Rose's dive during the spurs stoke match was way worse than Vardy and no booking, no sending off. Says it all really.
Report stu April 19, 2016 10:18 AM BST
Can't see how anyone could argue that sending off Vardy was a good decision personally - there was actually a foul before he dived on him. He shouldn't have dived as he did, but the ref must penalise the first foul.

But he does opposite, and sends him off. Good decision my arris.
Report duncan idaho April 19, 2016 10:25 AM BST
Excellent decision. Best decision of the weekend imo.
Report penzance April 19, 2016 10:31 AM BST
Vardy went down like he'd been shot
out of a cannon.Got what he deserved
after already being booked,silly,
could cost Leicester the league.
Report enpassant April 19, 2016 10:53 AM BST
I'm less concerned with the obvious 'dive' part of Vardy's action and more disturbed by the fact Refs seem incapable of spotting the difference between a genuine foul and the so called 'fouled' player 'throwing' his legs at the nearest opposition player. If there is is a foul taking place it is the one making sure there is contact that is the guilty party. Some players are doing this every game now and turning it into an art form. Are Refs just so poor or the job is impossible ? the latter for me.
Report enpassant April 19, 2016 10:55 AM BST
They need technology.
Report spyker April 19, 2016 10:58 AM BST
People do realise that football is still a contact game - i.e contact is allowed? Shows where we are that many people seem to think if a player is touched it must be a foul and worse that he is entitled to go down. This nonsense about 'touched at speed' etc - can i suggest you watch a rugby game and the only time a player goes down anything like in football from such light touches is when he gets an ankle tap and has no choice. That's not because rugby is 'better' or whatever but simply that people don't naturally go over t nearly as often as footballers! The reaction was worth a red on it's own.
Report duncan idaho April 19, 2016 11:00 AM BST
Some players are doing this every game now and turning it into an art form.

Shane Long (Nap)  Wink
Report enpassant April 19, 2016 1:38 PM BST
We all have them but it is spreading like a decease in the Premier League.
eg: Chamack- (one of the slowest CF's you're likely to find) stayed upfield when CP had to defend a corner.
    Arteta- ( equally one of the slowest midfielders) was the only Arsenal player in their half as the ball was             cleared with a hoof.
The almost farcical sight of these two slouches running at their top speed, with nearly half the pitch to themselves was breathtaking in it's absurdity. 15 yards from the penalty area and somewhat to the right of it- both now were running on empty but Arteta was clearly going to win the race. With his last gasp of breath and his last ounce of (trade description act abuse here) pace, Chamak threw himself to his right and in front of the now gazelle like Arteta. Result: flailing legs and arms crumpling to the pitch. Red card for Arteta. Ref's need help yes but stop being so unbelievably stupid would also help.
Report Coachbuster April 19, 2016 8:50 PM BST
Ref played a superb game  -  can't understand the critisism
Report bingo bongo April 19, 2016 9:00 PM BST
Forgot the smiley face. Aguero just did a worse dive than Vardys, no action taken.
Report Coachbuster April 19, 2016 9:09 PM BST
do these twots practice these stunts in training ?
Report Coachbuster April 19, 2016 9:10 PM BST
fine the players heavily ,then fine the club heavily - and if  it's encouraged then relegate the club with immediate effect .

it needs to be stamped out ,it's cheating and it's rancid
Report tim6 April 19, 2016 9:12 PM BST
Arsenal are Fxxxxd so
Report Coachbuster April 19, 2016 9:15 PM BST
always has been a problem but it was that  Klinnsman who turned it into an art form all those decades/years ago  - has got deffo worse
Report Coachbuster April 19, 2016 9:21 PM BST
someone has just informed me that Francis Lee in the early 70s was the prime suspect .

was awarded the name  'Lee Won Pen'

Plain
Report Capt__F April 19, 2016 10:06 PM BST
who was that Norman Hunter ?
Report stu April 20, 2016 12:01 PM BST
spyker 19 Apr 16 10:58
People do realise that football is still a contact game - i.e contact is allowed?

It's an interesting aspect of this debate I agree - but not easy to answer so simply. So if all contact is allowed, then what is a foul then?

IMO the defender 'grabbed' Vardy illegally (i.e a foul).
Report enpassant April 20, 2016 12:19 PM BST
stu-having just had a close look at it, you are right- he was grabbed by the arm and held for a few strides. The Ref was way behind the play and in a poor position to call it. The fact he got it wrong was probably down to Vardy's (frankly embarrassing) theatricals and the throwing of his legs across to make sure there was further contact, distracting the Ref perhaps. In conclusion 2 fouls were committed, one by each player, the first being by the defender and so a penalty would have been the correct decision. In that event- no 2nd yellow and Leicester would likely have gone on to win.
Report stu April 20, 2016 12:24 PM BST
Agree enpassent. Pen, the correct decision, though in theory he could still card Vardy if was so minded (but I think that given it was a foul then carding the dive is therefore way too harsh) - going down without any contact, or a foul, is different.
Report enpassant April 20, 2016 12:31 PM BST
Though it would be refreshing to think it could happen, I don't think there is a Ref brave enough to card the player that 'won' a penalty !
Report stu April 20, 2016 1:11 PM BST
Yep, lol, though essentially arguable that both defender and attacker could have been carded then, and the pen awarded.
Report penzance April 20, 2016 1:27 PM BST
if that was a penalty,you'd be getting 10
in every game.
Report sparrow April 20, 2016 2:07 PM BST
There was about half a dozen far better candidates for a penalty than the Vardy one. About the only decision Moss called correctly.
Report enpassant April 20, 2016 2:16 PM BST
Shearer got it right when he said 'why now ? why wait until the 34th game ?' to take this stand re the whu pen. He also got it right when he said the game was too big for Moss.
Vardy dived-absolutely but he was pulled back and no matter how many pens would be given for this if they were all given; it was a foul.
Report spyker April 20, 2016 2:21 PM BST
Exactly  - why now? Huth has been blatantly doing it forever and got away with it time and time again - may as well let them carry on till the end of the season (seems to be the argument).
Report stu April 20, 2016 2:31 PM BST
If he'd dived differently (more in line with being dragged backwards) then he might have actually been given the pen.
Report tim6 April 20, 2016 3:54 PM BST
yeah he will have to get a schooling in the laws of gravity
Report Clouseau April 20, 2016 4:57 PM BST
enpassant

20 Apr 16 14:16
Shearer got it right when he said 'why now ? why wait until the 34th game ?' to take this stand re the whu pen. He also got it right when he said the game was too big for Moss.

What complete and utter tosh, as usual, from Shearer. These guys want it both ways. They complain if the ref takes action as "he's ruined the game" and they complain if he doesn't, "He should have acted firmly earlier to send a message".

As for the facile comment about why wait until the 34th game then someone could go out and murder 33 people and then blame the bobby who arrested him after the 34th.

Is common sense really that rare?Cry
Report donny osmond April 20, 2016 5:20 PM BST
i dont know why pundits want to be so dogmatic about it

fair enough ask the question why, and mean it as a question, but shearer
is implying he was wrong to act now

clouseau is correct above, imo,

also shearer seemed to be implying that ref should give the pelanty for foul( pushing /pulling)
whilst ball is waiting to be kicked !
Report enpassant April 21, 2016 2:13 AM BST
Disagree entirely. At world cups and euro's it's quite often the case that edicts are made pre-tournament about what will and won't be tolerated : given that there are countless rules governing the game that seems odd but nonetheless true. So Shearer is correct here- why wait until a huge game to decide this is when to set the tone ?

Then Moss watches  as Huth is throttled in WHU's area.....nothing. This may simply be a case of a Ref thinking he has to make his mark while in the spotlight but he had such a poor game he f...ed himself right over.
Report enpassant April 21, 2016 2:19 AM BST
Clouseau • April 20, 2016 4:57 PM BST
As for the facile comment about why wait until the 34th game then someone could go out and murder 33 people and then blame the bobby who arrested him after the 34th.

That's your analogy ? wow.
Report spyker April 21, 2016 10:28 AM BST
Is this the first pen given for this this year in any match in the prem then? Leicester fans seem happy to accept that this has gone on since the start of the season but are annoyed that a ref has finally given a pen for it. What would you wish, that it had been done it for the whole season (in which case you almost certainly wouldn't be at the top) or that refs should carry on ignoring it? Why not be happy you've got away with it for so long?
Obv LC aren't the only ones that do this but even journos noticed a few months back that they (Huth et al) were getting away with it more openly than others.
Report DixieUK April 21, 2016 1:13 PM BST
as if the refereeing isn't bad enough (and getting worse by the day); add in the fact the FA does sweet ****) A(ll) about bad decisions (or cheating players); now woy says vardy should not have been sent off! FFS
assuming he has actually watched the incident, I take it to mean then that he supports cheating; time to go
Report enpassant April 21, 2016 7:00 PM BST
Most accept, having looked at the incident again, that Vardy was in fact fouled. He then chose to throw his legs across the defender to ensure contact was made and employed the theatrical dive. Technically, you could argue: penalty, straight red for denying a goal-scoring and 2nd yellow for diving !
Report kpf April 21, 2016 8:34 PM BST
Both yellow cards were highly controversail

Both could be seen as incorrct

The FA should invalidate one or both cards but impose a one ban for misconduct
Report bingo bongo April 21, 2016 9:04 PM BST
The same ref has just ignored two dives by Arsenal. Can't understand why Vardy has been singled out.
Report duncan idaho April 23, 2016 1:59 PM BST
The FA should invalidate one or both cards but impose a one ban for misconduct

no, they shouldnt...would set a bad precedent and a rod for their own backs..ref made slight mistake in giving the first yellow but such slight mistakes happen virtually every game and sorting it all out retrospectively would be chaos
Report Get On MASSIVE April 23, 2016 5:42 PM BST
"ref made slight mistake in giving the first yellow"

Laugh

Tottenham or West Ham fan mate?
Report duncan idaho April 23, 2016 5:45 PM BST
Liverpool...first yellow was for cumulative fouls and he'd already given him a warning, saw him dive in so produced yellow but replays showed no contact...not a big error in the scheme of things. Cheers.
Report Get On MASSIVE April 23, 2016 6:00 PM BST
Couldn't give a shiny one about the excuse of "cumulative fouls". Vardy attempted a tackle and the West Ham player ended up running into Vardy after the ball had gone. That's not a "slight mistake" it's 100% the wrong call.

In isolation it doesn't mean much but giving him the second one makes the first highly significant. The second shouldn't have been a yellow either as he was fouled as his arm was grabbed, not enough to give a penalty but the correct decision was no penalty play on.

The referee had an absolute stinker all match.
Report duncan idaho April 23, 2016 8:51 PM BST
Leicester or Leicester fan mate?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com