Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
17 Feb 16 22:15
| Topic/replies: 29,027 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
Sometime at the back end of last year, I'm assuming they finally realised he wasn't 'Sports Betting's top tipster' after all.
Pause Switch to Standard View Why was Derek McGovern's Mirror...
Show More
Report Westender February 17, 2016 11:17 PM GMT
Clay Davis has got the job.
Report Rob_The_Bantam February 17, 2016 11:50 PM GMT
He posts on here as charwell, so you could ask him directly.
Report kenilworth February 18, 2016 10:37 AM GMT
Simple reason, his contract came to an end.
Report DIE LINKE February 18, 2016 10:42 AM GMT
Column only existed to flag up poor-value Billy Mountain bets. The "jokes" didn't even match the bets. i.e. "How do you stop your mother-in-law from drowning? Take your foot off her head! Take the 33/1 on San Marino to beat Germany tonight!"
Report jed.davison February 18, 2016 10:54 AM GMT
Lol dl
Report okeydokey February 18, 2016 10:59 AM GMT
kenilworth 18 Feb 16 10:37 Joined: 04 Nov 05 | Topic/replies: 15,476 | Blogger: kenilworth's blog
Simple reason, his contract came to an end

Which begs the question why didn't they renew it ?
Report mesmerised February 18, 2016 11:01 AM GMT
His contract came to an end many times as was renewed many times, wonder why this time they didn't, it wasn't long after the thread on here exposed his poor tipping, 20% down for a Pro, lol.
Report DirkDiggler February 18, 2016 11:52 AM GMT
He did well keeping it going for that long. Money for old rope.
Report Burton-Brewers February 18, 2016 12:50 PM GMT
they found out he was a Tory
Report kenilworth February 18, 2016 1:04 PM GMT
Things move on, it was only a light
hearted sports column anyway and was
never meant to be taken seriously in
my opinion, but apparently irritated
a few. Some people didn't appreciate
his sense of humour.
Report rogerthebutler February 18, 2016 1:26 PM GMT
....or indeed, could find any evidence of one
Report DIE LINKE February 18, 2016 1:32 PM GMT
It's a cruel irony that after trying to take the mick out of Man Utd for a decade while they won the lot, he was given the push just as they turned sh1t.
Report kenilworth February 18, 2016 1:43 PM GMT
People take M'Govern too seriously and don'
realise he is on the wind up most of the time.
Report JC1326 February 18, 2016 1:57 PM GMT
I heard that they interviewed a bunch of other mug punters to do his job, shortlist is down to the OP and BetfairDuddy. The fact nobody ever knows what the latter is talking about should give Mugmerised the upper hand
Report JC1326 February 18, 2016 2:00 PM GMT
Although asking the OP to do better than being 20% down in profit could be a stumbling block
Report CJ70 February 18, 2016 2:31 PM GMT
Hills dropped him after the thread on here as well. After the thread and poster disappeared he magically appeared back on Hills. Coincidence?

I know he's one of ken's idols, but he really was a waste of inches/airtime. I suspect the Mirror think paying somebody to make schoolboy level insults isn't the way they want to continue. Funny that.
Report mesmerised February 18, 2016 8:01 PM GMT
His column was humourous and was worth the 60pence alone, *not including the tips.

JC, you are obsessed with calling certain posters mug gamblers consistently, there is a psychological description of such behaviour, it's called deflection where by trying to put your own failings on to other people, in your small mind, it makes you feel like you are no longer a mug gambler yourself whilst trying to convince others you are big player, you are fooling nobody and you have my pity, and it's well deservedCool
Report JC1326 February 18, 2016 8:27 PM GMT
That's it, Mesmerised. I'm jealous of big time success stories like yourself. Derek McGovern looks like The Dalai Lama compared to you, you clueless clown
Report mesmerised February 18, 2016 8:46 PM GMT
Unless you could log into people's various accounts, you wouldn't have a clue what our successes are you dozy tart, but what is clear is that your obsession with citing others as losing gamblers is indicative of a loser himself, did you follow all that? you are one thick puppy JCLaugh
Report JC1326 February 18, 2016 8:56 PM GMT
I suppose you're right, Mesmerised. I guess the jury is still out on whether or not you're a huge mug. Well, not really
Report JC1326 February 18, 2016 8:57 PM GMT
the scores of mug punts are sort of a tip off
Report Westender February 19, 2016 12:33 AM GMT
Never heard of the guy but never read the Red Tops
Report kenny mann April 8, 2017 2:18 PM BST
He appeared on chit chat last night slagging me off. I borrowed this comment. Hope it's ok.
Report kenny mann April 8, 2017 2:19 PM BST
I suppose you have plenty of time to post on a gambling forum, what with The Mirror sacking you from your ''tip'' column, after they unearthed some rather disturbing details about you, the most troubling being you don't seem to have a clue when it comes to gambling, as proved by Mesmerised's thread. In the meeting/phone call/text message when they canned you, did you try telling a joke about your mother-in-law? That usually seems to cover up your failings

Golf thread on chit chat
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 8, 2017 4:29 PM BST
aye, this tipsters trying badly to be one of the lads is dangerous as they forget about the thousands following !

imo you should make a clear distinction between serious tipsters and comical tipsters, ie birchy ? is he serious or just having a laugh !! Mischief
Report CJ70 April 8, 2017 6:55 PM BST
I'm sure Derek is a nice guy while not trying to be a 'lad'. He became a persona because of the easy money he was getting and that led him into problems. The job with the Mirror and the associated work that came with it was probably the worst thing that happened to him.

Hopefully he'll get himself off the drink and be fulfilled away from the glare of the media.
Report TheCollector April 10, 2017 9:23 AM BST
cos he's a waanker. Easy.
Report TheCollector April 10, 2017 9:23 AM BST
is it true he's a big Man Utd fanSilly?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com