Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the fink sisters
09 Nov 15 10:32
| Topic/replies: 1,116 | Blogger: the fink sisters's blog
If there was a market on this, how would you price it up?

Both teams continue to confound expectations......
Pause Switch to Standard View Leicester City to finish above Chelsea?
Show More
Report Mr Eboue November 9, 2015 12:01 PM GMT
Leicester City 5/1

Chelsea 1/6
Report n88uk November 9, 2015 12:54 PM GMT
As well have Leicester have done. Much like Southampton at a similar time last year, they've had pretty much the easiest fixture list in the league.
Report wondersobright November 9, 2015 4:41 PM GMT
SI are forecasting that chelsea finish 5 points ahead of leicester so based on that with 26 games to play chelsea 1/8 leicester 5/1 are prices I would happily lay
Report Mike-lfc November 9, 2015 5:11 PM GMT
2/5 7/4
Report the wire November 10, 2015 7:25 PM GMT
Racing Post headline tipped Bournemouth at 5/4 to finish above Leiceester in their preseason pullout.

What would you price that up at now with Leicester 17 points ahead?
Report Capt__F November 10, 2015 7:38 PM GMT
they knew
Report FCH November 10, 2015 9:10 PM GMT
Leicester are showing no signs of stopping at the moment.  They may have had a relatively straight forward fixture list, but they still had to turn up and get the results. 

I would expect Chelsea to pick up at some point and also Leicester to start losing a few, but I don't think that there will be much between them come the end of the season.
Report mafeking November 10, 2015 10:01 PM GMT
at some stage you'd imagine leicester will go on a run of say winning 1 out of 10. things have gone their way to a certain extent. they've pretty squeezed the maximum result out of every performance. still be surprised if they end up with more than about 55 points
Report jed.davison November 11, 2015 11:03 AM GMT
Mafeking, Leicester have gained 48 points from their last 23 Premier League fixtures. For them to get 55 points this season, they would have to take only 30 points from their next 26. That seems a little on the low side for me, especially given they have a striker who scores in every match.
Report tobermory November 11, 2015 12:36 PM GMT

Nov 9, 2015 -- 4:41PM, wondersobright wrote:

SI are forecasting that chelsea finish 5 points ahead of leicester so based on that with 26 games to play chelsea 1/8 leicester 5/1 are prices I would happily lay

On the basis of an expected 5pt difference 26 games on you would lay 5\1 Confused Without looking it up I guess 5pts would be the about the projected difference between City and Arsenal , would you lay 5/1 in that H2H ? .7/4 more realistic if 5pts expected gap.

Report mafeking November 11, 2015 4:52 PM GMT
47 points from 21 games since harry kane's hattrick against them. however it really has been a dream run of fixtures. the only top 6 sides they've played are chelsea, spurs and arsenal all at home

inevitably vardy's run of form will come to and end sooner rather than later and as i said things have gone their way - 2 horrible goalkeeping mistakes on saturday and 3 times they've come back from 2 goals down already. i wouldn't think you'd expect to do that more than once in a whole season usually. they could quite easily have 5 or 6 points less

not the first time in recent seasons an unfancied side has made such a good start. remember wigan winning something like 8 of their first 11 when they came up and southampton last season too. both fell away long before the business end of the season
Report Can't Catch Me November 11, 2015 4:58 PM GMT
Read a good article on them the other day and their conversion rates are ludicrous and completely unsustainable.
Report Can't Catch Me November 11, 2015 4:59 PM GMT
Hull too Mafe. Weren't they top 4 on Christmas Day, or December at least?
Report mle4me November 11, 2015 8:19 PM GMT
Take it you don't like Leicester then mafeking ?
Report mafeking November 11, 2015 9:07 PM GMT
not at all. look at any market you like. the odds don't give them a prayer of a top 4 or even much chance of a top 6 finish even now

they're overachieving at the moment. it's highly that any side like them will regress over time. probably end up somewhere between 8th and 10th
Report n88uk November 11, 2015 9:28 PM GMT
In their next 14 games, which takes to mid-Feb, they will struggle to get many more than 12 points imo.

Newcastle (a)
Man Utd (h)
Swansea (a)
Chelsea (h)
Everton (a)
Liverpool (a)
Man City (h)
Bournemouth (h)
Tottenham (a)
Aston Villa (a)
Stoke (h)
Liverpool (h)
Man City (a)
Arsenal (a)
Report n88uk November 11, 2015 9:32 PM GMT
I would also expect the gap to Chelsea to get completely wiped out in that time. Chelsea have a hugely attractive run of home fixtures coming up.
Report Nilsson Schmilsson November 11, 2015 10:09 PM GMT
they'll get 12 in the next 4 games Tongue Out
Report mle4me November 12, 2015 3:54 PM GMT
I think Chelsea will start winning with the squad they have got but to say Leicester will be lucky to get 12 points in the next 14 games on the form they are on is just ridiculous ! Lot of Leicester haters about. Perhaps should start a thread Thick Leicester haters exposed !
Report n88uk November 12, 2015 4:22 PM GMT
It's nothing to do with hating Leicester. I have no opinion on Leicester at all.

It's just being realistic. We see these teams get off to a fast start nearly every year, they hardly ever keep it up, and when you see their upcoming fixtures it's very difficult to see Leicester keeping it up. Leicester's form against "big six" clubs is pretty poor, and they play 8 of their next 14 games against those teams.

I didn't say they would be lucky to get 12 points either. I said I don't think they will get many more than 12 points, bit of a difference.
Report LB1982 November 12, 2015 8:48 PM GMT
In the r post outlook they have Leicester finishing fifth with 63 points ten ahead of Chelsea
Report wondersobright November 12, 2015 9:55 PM GMT
chelsea +10 LaughLaughLaugh that paper is not fit to wipe your arse with imo
Report the fink sisters November 24, 2015 9:15 AM GMT
No sign of the Leicester juggernaut stopping just yet, though the upcoming fixtures do look a bit harsh. Wouldn't fancy them to get more that 4 points from:

Man Utd (h)
Swansea (a)
Chelsea (h)
Everton (a)
Liverpool (a)
Man City (h)
Bournemouth (h)
Tottenham (a)
Report tobermory December 14, 2015 9:57 PM GMT
20 pts Surprised
Report tobermory March 20, 2016 9:06 PM GMT
If there was a market on this Leicester backers have been paid out.
Report FCH March 20, 2016 10:12 PM GMT
Yes gap is 25 pts Laugh and Chelsea only have 24 to play for
Report mesmerised March 20, 2016 10:25 PM GMT
Laugh
Report pumphol. March 20, 2016 10:44 PM GMT
n88uk    11 Nov 15 20:28 
In their next 14 games, which takes to mid-Feb, they will struggle to get many more than 12 points imo.

n88uk    12 Nov 15 15:22 
It's nothing to do with hating Leicester. I have no opinion on Leicester at all.

A bit of a contradiction in less than 24 hours Crazy

BTW what's your opinion on Leicester now Silly
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com