Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kellydamo
24 Sep 15 20:53
| Topic/replies: 16,087 | Blogger: kellydamo's blog
Any foundation in him getting sacked this weekend?  Just had  a long un at 1.79
Show More
Report hitmanhearn September 24, 2015 9:00 PM BST
If he lasts til the weekend surely it would depend on the result ?
Report Westender September 24, 2015 9:14 PM BST
Cannot believe he got the job - a con replacing a king
Report Wesdag September 24, 2015 9:23 PM BST
3 games from the sack.
Report kellydamo September 24, 2015 9:26 PM BST
I heard he was going tomorrow but seems a strange time to go on a firday before a weekend game
Report themover September 24, 2015 9:41 PM BST
should be given the chance to try the 2-7-1 formation, one of a few he hasn't tried yet this season
Report wisewords September 24, 2015 9:49 PM BST
they'll probs wait until the international break
Report themover September 24, 2015 10:02 PM BST
2012: "Judge me in 3 years"

2015: Liverpool 1-1 Carlisle

Laugh
Report Ibrahima Sonko September 24, 2015 10:16 PM BST
Remind me how much he spent on that Brazilian ?
Report brassneck September 24, 2015 11:14 PM BST
he has till Christmas day but he was told that 2 games ago.thats the story going round the pubs and clubs of Liverpool.
nobody has come out and said give him a little more time which is a sure sign that everyone has had enough of Brendan.
Report kellydamo September 25, 2015 3:04 PM BST

Sep 24, 2015 -- 4:02PM, themover wrote:

2012: "Judge me in 3 years"2015: Liverpool 1-1 Carlisle

Not as bad as Wenger mate "Judge me in May" and every ****g year I am as disappointed as last

Report mesmerised September 25, 2015 3:14 PM BST
I'm not fan of Brodgers as he's a big enough fan of himself, but Liverpool are just 3 points off of the top 4 places, two of those positions are being occupied by two teams punching way above their weight in Leicester and West Ham, the former will lose to Arsenal tomorrow whilst Liverpool will probably beat Villa, and the gap from the top is just 7 points with 32 games to go, then there's Sturridge's return.

Makes no sense to sack him this early, makes even less sense for Ancelotti to be one of the contenders to replace him.
Report ffaith September 25, 2015 3:26 PM BST
Since Sir Alex started his reign of terror(that is if you are a scouse red) no Liverpool manager has come closer to regaining 'the perch' than Rodgers.
Unless a miracle happens now destined to follow the Mark Hughes route ie given the reigns of a big club, blow that chance, spend the rest of your managerial days at clubs like(no disrespect) Stoke, Qpr etc

On a personal level can't feel sympathy for him as by all accounts he is a bit of a prick.  On a professional level get a rest son and come back playing the beautiful stuff you served up at Liverpool a season or 2 ago.
Report MC Roller September 25, 2015 5:03 PM BST
He should have been sacked the night he picked that reserve side to play Madrid. He goes on about tradition and then picked a reserve side to play in a champions league game at one of the most famous grounds in the World, it beggars belief, what a clown.

Sorry guys, I know it's a great honour to play against Real Madrid, but I don't want to kill anyone by making you play twice in a week, and winning against Chelsea at the weekend is far far more important.

Oh, they lost against Chelsea, clueless numpty.
Report G1_Jockey_4 September 25, 2015 7:41 PM BST
Since Sir Alex started his reign of terror(that is if you are a scouse red) no Liverpool manager has come closer to regaining 'the perch' than Rodgers.

1.it was a one off...you could tell it that season....way too gung ho which just happened to sit luis..
2.Benitez nearly won the leaugue and would have p1ssed it if we had of had the luxury of no european football that season.
Report ours4keeps September 25, 2015 7:44 PM BST
And the great historical revision of 2015 continues to pick up pace.
Report themover October 1, 2015 9:59 PM BST
another great European night at Anfailed Laugh
Report Ibrahima Sonko October 1, 2015 10:09 PM BST
that was just awful
Report themover October 2, 2015 12:18 AM BST
anyone who leaves Origi up front on his own should be sacked immediately
Report themover October 2, 2015 2:39 PM BST
Report duncan idaho October 2, 2015 3:23 PM BST
ffaith
25 Sep 15 15:26

On a professional level get a rest son and come back playing the beautiful stuff you served up at Liverpool a season or 2 ago

think that's the problem..he only served up the 'beautiful stuff' cos he had Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Gerrard at his disposal (plus no Euro games, out of Cups early)
Report ffaith October 2, 2015 5:31 PM BST
Not a liverpool fan so my recollection of events may be hazy but i do remember thinking, at the time, that the football served up by Rodgers was light years ahead of the stuff Liverpool played under KK with pretty much the same players.  That was just my impression.
Report G1_Jockey_4 October 2, 2015 6:26 PM BST
light years?

we were wide open and conceded a lot of goals that season
Report tommo1000 October 2, 2015 6:46 PM BST
the yanks can`t have a clue about football if they keep on giving Brenda chances,either that or he`s the best b*****t merchant ever,how much money has he spent on players who are and were frankly bobbins???
Report homefortea October 2, 2015 8:29 PM BST
Loved his statement that certain teams in Europe get more time to prepare despite the fact that Liverpool played on a Thursday..

He needs the old tin tac soon and should never be given a job again...Laugh
Report G1_Jockey_4 October 3, 2015 9:54 AM BST
he will get the newcastle gig and his next job after that will be back in the championship.
Report johnnythebull October 3, 2015 1:56 PM BST
with Newcastle
Report desperatemunter October 3, 2015 6:34 PM BST
^^Laugh^^
Report kellydamo October 4, 2015 6:46 PM BST
Thanks desperate
Report kellydamo October 4, 2015 7:28 PM BST
Still not paid but blinding all the same
Report thelatarps October 4, 2015 11:08 PM BST
For the record
the team Brodge picked in  madrid lost but 1-0
the so called first team lost 3-0 at home.
you can only conclude thats progress as picking stevie g and mario would probably have meant a 5 goal drubbing at least
From a football point of view i do think Brodge will be missed
The games with his teams were always entertaining. They attacked a lot, they shipped a lot of goals
Its notable that in the serialisations of Stevie's book Brenda appears to have quite an opinion of himself. Apparently SG listened in horror before the infamous chelsea game, which more or less was to be treated as some sort of coronation.
Its probably where Brodge failed
The failure to recognise his own teams deficiencies in the face of superior opponents.
And a failure to alter tactics to suit.
When the fixtures were announced at the start of the season and you saw the nightmare run of away fixtures you did fear for BR
If that was me I would have moved heaven and earth to ensure that a squad of 20 odd players was fully fit and ready to hit the ground running like a nosebleed.
Instead Brodge looked like he was still working out his best team
The match at Old Trafford straight after the international break looked like a particularly cruel turn
But the team selection was devoid of imagination. With Rooney out it was probably time for a bit of death or glory. Instead as Mick Quinn said he betrayed his principles and sat back for a draw his team has never been equipped to play.
Against that there was 2014
He did mould LFC into a wonderful team, taking advantage of the lack of european football and using the free time to create an identity. It probably is an indictment of modern coaching that Brodge was probably one of only a few who made something out of this. In stark contrast to the current england manager among others.
Brodge is above average but not as good as he thinks
You doubt if he will learn
Still, 7m and the lovely charlotte, no bad
Report FredRescue October 4, 2015 11:25 PM BST
Report Betfair_billionaire October 4, 2015 11:29 PM BST
Grin
Report G1_Jockey_4 October 5, 2015 12:33 PM BST
latarps.

modern coaching?

to me his ways are way behind the continentals.
think he tried to go that way but simply didnt have the ability to go the full hogg.

i look at celta vigo and think thats what rodgers meant to play like but why cant he?

imo its one thing having great ideas...another implementing them.

and lets face it he never has implemented a system at any previous club.

the season we came second the football we served up was very entertaining but from a tactical point of view we were very very open.....this suited luis imo as when he picked the ball up in the chaos and space he was able to do a lot fo damage from deeper or right up on the back lines shoulders....also transformed the counter attack that season which was floundering when he was banned...

think he is a very very lucky coach to have learnt a big contract with us.

hope the yanks have doen a 3 year crash course on understanding the game to a decent level.
Report Mike-lfc October 5, 2015 1:34 PM BST

Oct 3, 2015 -- 7:56AM, johnnythebull wrote:

with Newcastle

technically that wouldn't be his "next job"... it would still be the same one. Cool

Report thelatarps October 5, 2015 3:57 PM BST
The football under Brodge at least has been entertaining, there appears to have been a philosophy
Under Dalglish and Hodgson it was downright dull and heading toward the bottom half of the table.
I bow to your greater knowledge, G1_J4, of Celta
They seem to be doing quite well tho cant admit to have seen them play.
He was too open, the Brodge.
But in this era of tv subscriptions and end to end premier league action, defensive organisation seems to play 2nd fiddle to the need for goals
I guess he at least got that.
If Brenda could organise a defence then he would probably still be in a job rather than heading up the road..
Report homefortea October 5, 2015 8:40 PM BST
You Scousers are like sheep only you have all never seen one..

Brendan was a disgrace from start to finish and up to about six months ago he was the local hero..

Feck me he was the archetypal bul l s hitter from day one..

Did you not see the Documentary with his picture on the wall..

The three envelopes..

Feck me wise up...
Report Golden Fleece October 5, 2015 9:22 PM BST
HFT You crack me up,I must admit to nearly choking on my cornflakes this morning,with one of your replies,questioning some guys sanity.

In every walk of life,you will come across bluffers like Rodgers,it always amazes me,how often they are able to get away with it for so long.
Report homefortea October 5, 2015 9:26 PM BST
Not sure if that is praise but I will wrap up warm in sheeps clothing tonite...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com