Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
30 Aug 15 15:28
| Topic/replies: 35,617 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
one of the biggest sulkers in the game when things don't go right 50 odd million oh dear
Pause Switch to Standard View KEVIN DE BRUYNE SIGNS FOR CITY FOR 50...
Show More
Report themover August 30, 2015 6:43 PM BST
Aguero

Sterling De Bruyne Silva (or De Bruyne Silva Sterling)

Toure Fernandinho

Clichy (Kolarov) Mangala (Otamendi) Kompany Zabaleta

Hart
Report Biscuit1979 August 30, 2015 6:43 PM BST
City have raised the bar with this signing, they now have a superb front 4. Also have good strength in depth with the likes of Navas, Nasri and Bony to come off the bench.

Meanwhile Jose still finds room for Mikel on the Chelsea bench.
Report mafeking August 30, 2015 6:48 PM BST
bet they'll still make an absolute pig's ear of getting out of their CL group
Report GRANTCKING August 30, 2015 6:48 PM BST
do we not think fernadinho might be a victim for this and citeh go all out attack?
Report Marcce August 30, 2015 6:52 PM BST
Have they raised the bar? As I say it remains to be seen whether they get the German model of De Bruyne or the less impressive Chelsea model of him but it wasn't an area they were weak in anyway.

I presume you didn't see City's bench yesterday btw?
Report 11kv August 30, 2015 6:58 PM BST
50 mill to the Arabs is nothing is it whether he performs or not............

Buying for buying's sake,bolster the squad in case of injuries probably will hardly play
Report mafeking August 30, 2015 7:07 PM BST
paid £100M+ for 2 wide men worth £50M at the most
Report Sank August 30, 2015 7:14 PM BST
burn money burn... de bruyne will leave the club in 2 years for 10-20M
Report Eeternaloptimist August 30, 2015 7:18 PM BST
As a long suffering Leeds fan I can only laugh uproariously at the barely concealed seething of the various chumps on here who are doubtless supporters of the likes of United. Swallow it down boys. City have strengthened again in one of the few positions they needed to bring in quality. Say goodbye for another season as you watch them disappear over the horizon. Beautiful Beeeeauuuuttttifffful.
Report JC1326 August 30, 2015 7:20 PM BST
Didn't he win the player of the year in Germany? Considering all the Bayern players can coast through the majority of matches and still fill their boots, makes you think what sort of achievement that is
Report Biscuit1979 August 30, 2015 7:22 PM BST

Aug 30, 2015 -- 12:52PM, Marcce wrote:

Have they raised the bar? As I say it remains to be seen whether they get the German model of De Bruyne or the less impressive Chelsea model of him but it wasn't an area they were weak in anyway.I presume you didn't see City's bench yesterday btw?

What makes you think they'll get the Chelsea model of him? In the 18 months since he left he's been playing regular football, was player of the year and played at a world cup. Can we not assume he's improved since he left Chelsea?

Yeah i did see their bench, a few kids there but let's not forget they have Otamendi and de Bruyne to come into the side plus the likes of Bony, Zabaleta and Clichy to return from injury. They're very strong.

Report GRANTCKING August 30, 2015 7:28 PM BST
hes 100% improved since he left mugsea, no doubt about it mugrinho held him back
Report GRANTCKING August 30, 2015 7:28 PM BST
anyone who watched the bundesliga last season can vouch for thi
Report GRANTCKING August 30, 2015 7:29 PM BST
sometimes I wish I was an arab with umlimited wealth, lucky bastards
Report Marcce August 30, 2015 7:46 PM BST
What makes you think they'll get the Chelsea model of him? In the 18 months since he left he's been playing regular football, was player of the year and played at a world cup. Can we not assume he's improved since he left Chelsea?

Yeah i did see their bench, a few kids there but let's not forget they have Otamendi and de Bruyne to come into the side plus the likes of Bony, Zabaleta and Clichy to return from injury. They're very strong.

As I said it remains to be seen what model they get but Chelsea was pretty much his only experience of not being the main man in a creative sense. He didn't adapt well to that plus as I say he's not improving an area where City were weak anyway. They were the highest scorers in the league last season and scored over 100 the year before. I don't rate Navas that highly but his pace does give them something different. When clubs who are rivals to your own are linked with players there are some that worry you but can't say I've ever been overly concerned about City signing De Bruyne and definitely not for that fee.

Well as you mentioned Mikel, Chelsea's bench would look a bit different with Ramires and Oscar fit too. It'll look even more different with the likes of Ivanovic, Matic and Fabregas on it as well if they don't pull their fingers out soon!
Report Sank August 30, 2015 7:49 PM BST
de bruyne is a player, who needs 24h assistance from the club (butt wipers). thats why he could succeed in wolfsburg, which is a cosy club with a family atmosphere. he has failed at chelsea and so he will do at city. both clubs are full of sharks, who will eat him alive. de bruyne is not a player, who is able to handle the pressure. HE WILL FALL APART(NAP).
Report JC1326 August 30, 2015 7:51 PM BST
bit off topic, but talking about Man City's bench, has anybody seen that Patrick Roberts? Looks like he isn't a too far off playing for the first team, from what I've seen. I'd be happy for Norwich to get him on loan
Report Marcce August 30, 2015 7:56 PM BST
I spoke about Patrick Roberts on here a couple of years ago. He played for Fulham against Chelsea in the Youth cup final and looked like a future world beater. I thought he'd make more of an impact when Fulham put him in the first team at the beginning of last season.
Report easymoney August 30, 2015 8:12 PM BST
He was on the bench on Saturday JC but I'd imagine he may be loaned out by Tuesday as he has no hope of getting first team games, aside from maybe in the Captital 1. The other option is him staying and playing with the EDS as he needs games to at his age, the development of the youngsters is a big issue among City fans just now,  with a growing frustration from many at the lack of chances given to our excellent academy graduates. Rony Lopes was seen as a cert to make the first team squad at some point but has just been sold to Monaco due to lack of a path to the first team, while Jason Denayer is one of the top young defensive prospects in Europe and starts for Belgium but has been chiselled out of the squad with the purchase of Otamendi now. Myself and plenty of others want the kids to be given more opportunities but it seems like they can never do enough to be given a chance,  with Pellegrini showing little faith even at home against lesser teams.

Not sure Roberts is even ready for a lower level PL team just now though ... he's tiny and was getting physically bossed in the Championship last year by all accounts.  He does have fantastic technical skills and might be suited to a late supersub role I guess ... running at tired defenders when the game gets stretched he could cause some havoc I'm sure.
Report GoBallistic August 30, 2015 9:01 PM BST
Are City just trying to prove that British players aren't as overpriced as people said they were when they signed Sterling ?
Report themover August 31, 2015 3:21 AM BST
Report feed the goat...... August 31, 2015 3:46 AM BST
WELCOME TO MANCHESTER ...............
Report RBoyd86 August 31, 2015 4:05 PM BST
looks value compared to what were paying for the kid I've never heard of.... crazy
Report easymoney September 22, 2015 11:52 PM BST
ttt

I await sterner tests than he's faced so far before going way overboard but this lad is a proper footballer imo, going to have a few of the Mourihnhoistas and semi literate Soccer Saturday crew choking on double helpings of humble pie before the season is out ...

Mersons 'I fort it were Lira they was on abaaaht Jeff, he aint half as good as Pedro' is my personal favourite. 

Assuming you don't support Chesea or City, given the choice between Hazard of KDB (both recently turned 24 and entering their prime) who would you prefer to build your team around and who will have a better career ?
Report themover October 21, 2015 10:40 PM BST
dr. atkins on suicide watch

Laugh
Report themover October 21, 2015 10:41 PM BST
9 games
5 goals
4 assists

Cool
Report TENDY October 21, 2015 11:21 PM BST
"Sulker" ...ermm....Which team you support and who is the manager?
Report mezman October 22, 2015 8:18 AM BST
Whoops
Report themover December 2, 2015 3:13 AM GMT
poor old dr. atkins. His club sold De Bruyne for a pittance and are now 14th in the Premier League. Meanwhile at City De Bruyne looks like the best 50 million quid ever spent

Laugh
Report Zazu December 2, 2015 3:43 AM GMT
In 2012 he joined English club Chelsea, where he was used sparingly and then loaned to Werder Bremen. He signed with Wolfsburg for £18 million in 2014, and in 2015 he was named Footballer of the Year in Germany. Later that year, he joined Manchester City for a club record £55 million.

Jose Mischief
Report dr . atkins December 2, 2015 10:26 AM GMT
it was against hull and if you think hes a 53million player you know nothing about football
Report jed.davison December 2, 2015 10:50 AM GMT
You can see why Mourinho let him go - clearly a gifted player, but he's not bang at it all the time imo. Can disappear for bits of games, or whole games like against Liverpool. Wouldn't get in the Spurs team.
Report desperatemunter December 2, 2015 5:21 PM GMT
stunning free-kick - hardly ever see them make the ball bend down once its crossed the wall. In fact ball usually more of a threat to the International Space Station more than any 'onion bag'
Report ffaith December 2, 2015 7:53 PM GMT
Never seen him dominate a match like Yaya or Silva can/could.
I doubt he will ever be as important/central to the City cause as Kompany, Aguero or even Hart.
I think he is a bit overhyped.
Report JOCI Club December 5, 2015 10:53 AM GMT
Hope he disappears against Stoke today! Preferably with Erik Pieters boot lodged up his 'arris!
Report themover December 5, 2015 11:18 AM GMT
5/2 to score anytime, and a very generous 21/1 to score 2 or more Cool
Report Marcce December 21, 2015 10:03 PM GMT
Ok perhaps it might be that it's unlucky for him that I've watched him 5 or 6 times this season now and he's been even worse than he was for Chelsea.

Starting to think even our valuation of him was pushing it let alone what City shelled out for him.
Report Racingqueen December 21, 2015 10:14 PM GMT
laughed when he said mourinho didnt talk to him when at chelsea.......

mourinho probably thought he was a fan Laugh
Report Marcce December 21, 2015 10:28 PM GMT
Laugh
Report GODSEND December 22, 2015 8:49 AM GMT
needs to be played as a number 10!
Report Mike-lfc December 22, 2015 12:26 PM GMT
that was disgusting yesterday when i had Silva to pass across to and shot wide... Awful awful play.
*he had
*too
Report 1st time poster December 22, 2015 5:23 PM GMT
beggars belief that savy buisnessmen can give the nod to someone to spend 50 mill plus on a player due mainly to his performances in a eufa cup run,where half the teams are trying to get knocked out and the other give the stiffs a run out,the money wasted on portugese,german spanish players due to showing a bit of leg in the eufa cup is frightening
Report Racingqueen December 22, 2015 8:22 PM GMT
do scouts even exist at clubs anymore. I get the impression, clubs are full of useless lazy managers who know they last 2 years max in a job so dont bother setting up a proper scouting system. managers will have revolving door to his office where agents galore will arrive in to advise him to sign latest star who he does on the basis of some hazy dvd recording
Report dr . atkins January 24, 2016 1:34 PM GMT
got to had raheem sterling to this thread that's over 100 million spent
Report Coachbuster January 24, 2016 2:03 PM GMT
International career[edit]

De Bruyne (right) lining up for Belgium in 2013, alongside Vincent Kompany and Simon Mignolet
Early in De Bruyne's career it was rumoured that his mother had been born in Ealing and that he was therefore eligible to play for the England national team, but in fact his mother was born in Burundi and moved to Ealing as a child.[60]

this is something about football or sport in general that gets up my hooter .

he was born in Belgium ,he is BELGIAN ffs ,he should play for Belgian (all this grandparent shyte)  - why would he want to play for someone else and why would someone try to dishonor that ?
Report DirkDiggler January 24, 2016 2:53 PM GMT
He can't be any worse than Fernando and Fernandinho. Proper shyte.
Report 1st time poster January 24, 2016 2:57 PM GMT
well sterling cant control it or pass it so aint going to play under pep
navas wont play under pep
Report themover January 24, 2016 10:16 PM GMT
dear oh dear, this thread goes from clueless to even more clueless as the months go by
Report dr . atkins January 27, 2016 8:42 PM GMT
sterling omg shocking
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 27, 2016 9:13 PM GMT
lolz
Report bigH January 27, 2016 10:10 PM GMT
that cross for the Aguero header was an absolute peach of a ball.

hope the injury is not as bad as it looked
Report easymoney January 27, 2016 10:36 PM GMT
Not been at his best last couple of months but still a great creator. He showed his class tonight, that wand of a right foot has sent City to Wembley. Hopefully the injury isnt as bad as it first looked with a huge 6 months ahead for the lad.
Without looking at the stats I'd guess he has more goals and assists than the Costa, Pedro, Oscar and Hazard put together this season and he should be even better with Guardiola setting up the team.
Report tony57 January 28, 2016 9:25 AM GMT
I think hes a player..changed the game for city last night, im happy he wont play in the final.
Report easymoney April 13, 2016 2:17 AM BST
Decisive player, no flat track bullying last night, the goals and assists continue to rack up at an impressive rate.
The kind of difference maker that Chelsea lacked in their own round of 16 tussle with Paris, perhaps ?
Report themover April 13, 2016 2:22 AM BST
sublime player, just hope he stays at City because Barca/Real would give £100 mill, a left arm, and a leg to have him #cmoncity
Report stonecold- September 17, 2016 11:01 PM BST
looks like a bargain now been great every game ive seen him play this season scores great passer and great cross on him
Report a bitofinterest September 17, 2016 11:14 PM BST
now you know why the chelsea threads dead,marcce and the doctor know **** all about football
Report mesmerised September 17, 2016 11:18 PM BST
Laugh
Report aaronh September 17, 2016 11:40 PM BST
Laugh
Report easymoney September 17, 2016 11:41 PM BST

Kev The Ginger Unicorn and Silky Ilkay like this fred.
Report dr . atkins September 17, 2016 11:45 PM BST
what happen last year also ask belgium supporters what they think of him he looks like messi when the team plays well like city did last season for the first 9 games then he went missing like he does for belgium when the going gets tough
Report 11kv September 17, 2016 11:51 PM BST
He was injured..
Report easymoney September 18, 2016 12:03 AM BST
Belgian fans I've spoken to adore him as much as City fans.  Far more popular than Hazard in Belgium due to his team ethic allied to his all round creativity.
What did he do last year ? Had a brilliant debut season in a team that drifted badly under Pellegrini's rudderless leadership, probably created more goals/assists than Hazard and Fabregas combined despite missing two months with a bad injury.
Report anxious September 18, 2016 12:10 AM BST
De Bruyne needs to do it for 4 to 5 seasons before he can be classed as a top player
Report jed.davison September 18, 2016 12:36 AM BST
LOL
Report anxious September 18, 2016 12:45 AM BST
In order to to be classed as a top player you need to play at the top winning back to back league titles and European Cups , these days a guy has 1 or 2 seasons of doing well and people start saying that they are great the best thing since sliced bread its truly laughable and completely ridiculous.
Report jed.davison September 18, 2016 1:17 AM BST
You don't measure greatness by seasons anxious, this is the trouble with you man utd fans, you think Gary Neville is great.
Report easymoney September 18, 2016 1:30 AM BST
I don't think anyone on this thread has said he's 'the best thing since sliced bread' or declared him a superstar anxious ...
I've watched him every week for City and he certainly had a few anonymous games last season. As I've mentioned though, I think a lot of blame can be put on Pellegrini's inability to motivate the squad as a whole, a trait which only got worse after he was effectively a lame duck when Guradiola was announced in February.
Despite that inconsistency there were more than enough great performances and moments of ruthlessly decisive attacking brilliance last season, to make me believe he was a player with the potential to go right to the top.
He's produced two and a half seasons of fantastic creativity since leaving Chelsea with the numbers to back it up(ridiculous assist stats for Wolfsburg in his 18 months there)
Now if he can carry on delivering those garish statistics while controlling the tempo of games better, from the deeper 'free 8' role that Guardiola has devised for him, then I think he'll make plenty on here and Paul Merson and various other media rentagobs eat their words eventually.
Report RLKingPunter September 18, 2016 11:28 AM BST
the new Colin Bell and that's some compliment
Report Ibrahima Sonko September 18, 2016 11:51 AM BST
One of the best midfielders around.

Poor DR couldnt have got it more wrong.
Report dr . atkins September 18, 2016 1:28 PM BST
i am not that poor and to be honest none of your views mean anything you are one of these people who just wait until a team is in front and say you have backed them plus you dislike chelsea with a passion
Report easymoney November 2, 2016 1:31 AM GMT
Ttt biiiiatches. DR Ostrich just have the moral fibre to admit you and your idol PEG hot this one wrong ... it will stand to you in the long term pal.
Report easymoney November 2, 2016 1:31 AM GMT
Ttt biiiiatches. DR Ostrich just have the moral fibre to admit you and your idol PEG hot this one wrong ... it will stand to you in the long term pal.
Report themover November 2, 2016 1:32 AM GMT
Report bigH November 2, 2016 6:43 PM GMT
50m looks cheap now
Report Solano1 September 30, 2017 7:26 PM BST
Wwwwhhhoooooosssshhhh.
Report Capt__F September 30, 2017 7:48 PM BST
dr knew
Report dr . atkins September 30, 2017 8:05 PM BST
wow 18th sep 2016 was when i last posted on this thread when the same guilty people wan ked themselves off when man city were flying now what happened after that well man city fell down a big hole where kevin de bruyne disappeared and guess who went on to win the premiership er chelsea
Report bigH September 30, 2017 8:22 PM BST
only a complete mug would deny that he has matured into a very good player
Report easymoney September 30, 2017 8:26 PM BST
Found 18 Assists down that 'hole' though didn't he ?
Report dr . atkins September 30, 2017 8:33 PM BST
and it took you from the 18nov 16 to come back easymoney
Report Ibrahima Sonko September 30, 2017 8:34 PM BST
Imagine in Jose could spot potential, then he would still be at chelsea.
Report dr . atkins September 30, 2017 8:37 PM BST
snoko no thanks when things don't go right he goes missing ask the belgium fans
Report dr . atkins September 30, 2017 8:38 PM BST
anyway we are going over old ground so i will bid you all good night
Report hippie September 30, 2017 9:14 PM BST

"Belgium have become the first European team and the fifth team overall to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia with a 2-1 win over Greece on Sunday...they will qualify top of Europe’s Group H on 22 points, despite there being two games still to play...Overall, Roberto Martinez’s side have notched up an impressive 35 goals, conceding just three in the process, and have not been bested in a World Cup qualifier since 2009..."

dr handjob, point me at a Belgium fan who can tell me about de Bruyne going missing Laugh

Report ufcdan September 30, 2017 10:42 PM BST
Lukaku, Mata, Matic and De Bruyne...............Jose knows a sh1t player when he sees one Crazy
Report themover October 1, 2017 1:37 AM BST
Report bigH October 1, 2017 10:51 AM BST
lucky there was a net in the way otherwise that one would still be travelling

as sweet a strike as you could wish to see
Report themover December 20, 2017 7:19 PM GMT

Sep 17, 2016 -- 6:10PM, anxious wrote:

De Bruyne needs to do it for 4 to 5 seasons before he can be classed as a top player

Laugh

Report rommel December 20, 2017 7:36 PM GMT

Sep 17, 2016 -- 6:45PM, anxious wrote:

In order to to be classed as a top player you need to play at the top winning back to back league titles and European Cups , these days a guy has 1 or 2 seasons of doing well and people start saying that they are great the best thing since sliced bread its truly laughable and completely ridiculous.

wild guess here,you a utd fan?

Report Coachbuster December 20, 2017 8:17 PM GMT
easily worth 300 million  ,will be the first billion pound player by 2022
Report Coachbuster December 20, 2017 8:19 PM GMT
with mbappe ... neymar as well all around a billion and in good company  .
Report Coachbuster December 20, 2017 8:19 PM GMT
2 billion by 2025  , 10 billion by 2035
Report Coachbuster December 20, 2017 8:21 PM GMT
what would Ron Manager make of these transfers ?
Report mesmerised April 17, 2018 10:06 PM BST
Premier League winner

50/50 with Salah for Player of the season.

50 million well spent.
Report TOP3MAN April 17, 2018 11:21 PM BST
The Special one got it wrong or did he just hate chelski that much that he let all the talent go.

Salah
De bruyne
Romelu
Report pushkin99 April 17, 2018 11:53 PM BST
ratkins was a clueless sulker in 2015, and guess what?

Nothing has changed he is still this same clueless sulker even now.
Report themover April 18, 2018 2:23 AM BST

Aug 30, 2015 -- 12:08PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

I don't rate De Bryune and think he's only worth about half the transfer fee if that, a James Milner doing the donkey work would have been more useful.

Shocked

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com