Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
08 Jun 15 10:07
| Topic/replies: 35,769 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
ANOTHER WORLD CLASS SIGNING
Pause Switch to Standard View LIVERPOOL SIGN DANNY INGS
Show More
Report Westender June 8, 2015 10:16 AM BST
Brenda Togers wasting even more Wonga

A Chumpionship Manager signing Chumpionship Players now.

You will never lose alone.
Report Mike-lfc June 8, 2015 11:05 AM BST

Jun 8, 2015 -- 10:16AM, Westender wrote:

Brenda Togers wasting even more Wonga A Chumpionship Manager signing Chumpionship Players now.You will never lose alone.

worst thing is your right

Report treble June 8, 2015 11:38 AM BST
This is a kick in the teeth signing for fans.

Last striker pool signed from a club that had come up from the championship was Ricky Lambert. That went well didnt it.

They should be aiming so much higher. Jackson Martinez would have been worth a go. He may have came and is in a different league to Ings. Even Remy would have been better. He wants to leave Chelsea apparently.
Report lybertyne June 8, 2015 12:13 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report themover June 8, 2015 12:17 PM BST
is this Rodgers attempt at fixing last seasons shocking purchases of Lambert and Balotelli? It can't be can it?
Report ours4keeps June 8, 2015 12:28 PM BST
Massive assumptions that Ings is the only striker we sign. Fully expect us to buy another, bigger name, expensive one before the window closes.
Report treble June 8, 2015 12:31 PM BST
You're also losing one of your best attackers though.
Report Golden Fleece June 8, 2015 12:53 PM BST
Dings oh no what a shambles
Report stickyvicky June 8, 2015 1:02 PM BST
Only nine more signings now left
Report G1_Jockey_4 June 8, 2015 1:06 PM BST
Laugh
Report Golden Fleece June 8, 2015 1:19 PM BST
I am sure there was a reason why he was playing for burnley
Report Westender June 8, 2015 1:56 PM BST
Minging Milner now Mings Laugh

Brenda not allowed to spend money and has 6 months to get the £240m he has spent back into the top 4.
Report Capt__F June 8, 2015 2:12 PM BST
see knives out before he kicked a ball
Report YOMOMMA June 8, 2015 3:16 PM BST
James Milner and Danny Ings!

Rodgers signings are about as good as Pellegrini's. Scared
Report G1_Jockey_4 June 8, 2015 4:25 PM BST
ings can only get better
Report guinness2dear June 8, 2015 4:55 PM BST
Excellent stuff, Vicky..
Report Johnny_Mustang June 8, 2015 5:26 PM BST
I don't think he's that bad a signing and will score goals. Admittedly he's not world-class but there again neither are Liverpool.
Report Golden Fleece June 8, 2015 8:52 PM BST
ings can only get better LaughLaughvery appropriate
Report The Dragon June 8, 2015 8:58 PM BST
only time will tell
Report stickyvicky June 9, 2015 12:12 PM BST
Here's why Ings signed

https://vine.co/v/eOulEE1IOpl
Report themover June 9, 2015 12:37 PM BST
Laugh
Report G1_Jockey_4 June 9, 2015 12:48 PM BST
he is as embarrassing as when woy was our manager.
Report NOW WE KNOW June 9, 2015 1:01 PM BST
As a Burnley fan I find myself surprised that anyone would not like this signing. The fee likely to be paid is buttons and even if he fails to deliver his age means that a profit should still be doable for Liverpool.

On balance I think he will be a success as he is 2 footed and quick, holds the ball up and can turn defenders. Add to that he is young and may take time to settle a bargain for me every time.

Never understand why fans think huge fees buy success.
Report G1_Jockey_4 June 9, 2015 1:05 PM BST
ive no problem with ings.
think he is very similar to jonathas at elche...jonathas being better slightly though....he managed to carry the whole side with his threat and keep them up in a better league.

ings though is a big upgrade on lambert because of the reasons you state.
Report NOW WE KNOW June 9, 2015 1:21 PM BST
If it makes Liverpool fans feel better you would have needed to pay Burnley 10 million plus if he was under contract so 5 million makes good business sense.
Report Can't Catch Me June 9, 2015 1:35 PM BST
A striker who wasnt even at the club last season is being sold for £5m, which is roughly about what Ings will cost. Anyone with even a peanut for a brain must be able to see this is very good business for Liverpool.
Report mafeking June 9, 2015 2:00 PM BST
no doubt it's good business in that you'll make a profit almost no matter what he does or doesn't do but is he really any good or are you just replacing one bench warmer for another ?
Report NOW WE KNOW June 9, 2015 2:08 PM BST
The other bit, he is a good lad, he will run himself into the ground. His off the field charity work makes for great PR.
Report Can't Catch Me June 9, 2015 2:20 PM BST
Mafe. We arent City or Chelsea. We cant afford nor would we attract a choice of top name strikers. If we can find one that will do me. Then have Sturridge, Ings and Origi as back up, its as good as we can probably hope for.

He may end up a bench warmer for much of the season, but if thats the case that will hopefully mean the first choice striker is doing well and/or Sturridge has kept himself fit.

With the Europa League and Cups, there will be loads of games and opportunities for Ings anyway I reckon, and if he can prove he's up to it, who knows what might happen.
Report Can't Catch Me June 9, 2015 2:21 PM BST
Good to hear btw Now We Know, cheers for posting.
Report NOW WE KNOW June 9, 2015 2:34 PM BST
No problem CCM, he has set up a brilliant scheme in Burnley for disabled kids with a high level of personal involvement. He could have a very good effect on the collective work ethic on the field.
Report OnePercenter June 9, 2015 2:39 PM BST
If Liverpool can signe a decent defence and a couple of midfielders then Ings along with Milner should help Liverpool challenge for a Europa league slot.
Report TheChaser June 9, 2015 4:21 PM BST
https://vine.co/v/eOulEE1IOpl

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report 1st time poster June 9, 2015 5:07 PM BST
sturridge wasnt fit,ballotelli was a complete failure,borini not sighted with a telescope and yet lambert still warmed the bench all season
so cant catch me your theory has more holes in it than my socks, Wink
Report Can't Catch Me June 9, 2015 6:26 PM BST
Er, that's kind of my point.
Report Solano1 June 9, 2015 6:33 PM BST
He's nee Andy Carroll, imo.
Report 1st time poster June 9, 2015 6:47 PM BST
no its the complete opposite of what you said,if you apply the same logic to last season,the fact that lambert was benched all season should have meant your other strikers were performing,when in fact they were either injured or useless,
your assuming that if ings is benched the others are performing,when last year shows the opposite
Report Can't Catch Me June 9, 2015 9:12 PM BST
He was benched because he was useless as well and we had to convert Sterling into a striker, as without Sturridge, we didn't have a single one that was any good.
Report freddiek June 9, 2015 9:52 PM BST
how many english players have chelsea signed these last 10 yrs ??
Report Glasgow Brian June 9, 2015 11:04 PM BST
never heard of him
Report themover June 10, 2015 2:54 AM BST
basic misunderstanding...someone told Rodgers he needed to make some signINGS Laugh
Report anfeild June 10, 2015 3:05 AM BST
But if danny ings is the standard we are kissing goodbye to top 4 next season. We basically pissed away the money on suarez last season. So there is no money. Rodgers will be gone by xmas. Ings is a decent player as is milner however the top four boys are shopping in a different dept due to us spunking 80m on **** last season. Liverpool are going to struggle over the next 4/5 years due to stadium build and that 80m being blown. Watch how the top 4 will reinforce now and leave us behind again. Whoever is buying players in the last two seasons needs shooting.
Report Can't Catch Me June 10, 2015 8:10 AM BST
That's the spirit anfeild. Write off the new signings and season off before it begins. Great 'support'.
Report OnePercenter June 10, 2015 8:16 AM BST
Are Liverpool supporters supposed to pretend the signings are great?
Report Can't Catch Me June 10, 2015 8:22 AM BST
So you don't think Ings is an upgrade on Aspas, or Milner on Gerrard then?
Report hitmanhearn June 10, 2015 9:01 AM BST
I honestly think if Sturridge was fully fit and we had Ings and Milner last season we would have made the top four. I also said  we never invested enough last year at the start of the season . We should of spent the Suarez money plus 60 m.
Lack of investment from the owners.
Report OnePercenter June 10, 2015 9:15 AM BST
Liverpool signed the best players they could with the Suarez £80m. It is not BR's fault if top players don't want to sign for the club.
Report stickyvicky June 10, 2015 10:02 AM BST

Jun 10, 2015 -- 9:15AM, OnePercenter wrote:

Liverpool signed the best players they could with the Suarez £80m. It is not BR's fault if top players don't want to sign for the club.

Why does Sterling want out ?, 'the best young player in Europe' according to the deluded one can't get out of the place quick enough.
Of course no top player wants to sign for Rodgers. If a big name manager was in place, top players may consider a move to Liverpool then.

Report YOMOMMA June 10, 2015 10:15 AM BST
Sterling wants to leave because Rodgers doesn't know anything about football. Look at his last few signings;

Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Balotelli, Milner and Ings.

Those players are all crap. Lovren one of the worst players in the world.
Report OnePercenter June 10, 2015 10:35 AM BST
If FSG could sign a better manager I'm sure they would have. The fact is presently BR is the best manager they can get and Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Balotelli, Milner and Ings are the best players he can sign.
Report ours4keeps June 10, 2015 10:49 AM BST
Milner and Ings are both good signings but - and I know this may come as a shock to some on here - there's an alarming lack of perspective. It's not yet mid June. The transfer window doesn't actually open for another 3 weeks. The idea that these 2 signings are indicative of our ambition, level or attractiveness is stupid. They are great buys for what they're costing us but I'd be amazed if Ings is the last striker we buy for example, while Milner was also wanted by City, Utd and Arsenal so surely that says our current level is pretty high.

Lastly the blert here using Sterling wanting out because Rodgers isn't big name enough is sadly indicative of a lot of our current fans. Knee jerking glory hunters frankly. Dismiss the facts, just focus on anything negative to use as a stick. Let's sack this one and get Klopp in eh. All will be fine then. Until he replaces our best players with inferior ones, blows the best part of €50m on Immobile, Kagawa, Sahin and Mikhtarian and has us in the bottom 3 by Christmas. Well, we'll just sack him, get the next manager in who demands a big pot to build his own squad, ships out the duds for a huge loss and the cycle continues until we install a fish tank in the boardroom and disappear completely. Bravo boys.
Report n88uk June 10, 2015 1:38 PM BST
Liverpool look like Tottenham from last year. Where they've given up on becoming a top 4 club, and are just happy to take the Premier League money and run.
Report OnePercenter June 10, 2015 1:47 PM BST
Milner was also wanted by City, Utd and Arsenal

Newcastle United?
Report Lifter June 11, 2015 11:39 AM BST
Milner will be useful to have in the squad. Ings on the other hand is another terrible striker signing
Report cardifffc June 11, 2015 12:04 PM BST
one percenter.....man utd have their fair share of duds.....dont wish any more on them
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2015 7:10 PM BST
i love people like 4keeps,arsenal, utd wanted milner,
milner has played 700 odd games why do you need the comfort of other clubs bidding for him to decide if he,s a good player, in 99.9% of those 700 games milners has got between 6.5 and 7.5 out of 10,he maybe a useful squad player but he aint going to make the difference between ch lg or no ch lg,he,s bang average alongside aguero,silva,toure,so he aint going to turn into a worldbeater alongside ings and henderson,hence his performances decline when playing alongside average players for england
Report ours4keeps June 11, 2015 8:29 PM BST
I was responding to the idea that we're at a certain level where we can only buy a certain standard of player. Therefore, I pointed out that if those clubs wanted him too it suggests that's our level, no?

I know from watching him that I like him as a player. Has great ability, is tactically smart, can play in different positions and always puts a shift in. he's a victim of City's ridiculous policy where they have to buy expensive, big name players for the sake of it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com